Chapter 93: Awake

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min's POV

I slowly fluttered my eyes open trying to adjust to the bright lights above me. I couldn’t move, my body felt weak and my head ached. My body didn’t feel like my own, like I hadn’t moved in ages. It was the feeling of oversleeping.

The lights above me and the smell of the room wasn’t familiar at all.

I used all my strength to lift my hand for a glass of water. My mouth and throat was beyond dry and not to mention, my stomach was empty.

I reached over for a cup of water but the movement of my arm was restricted by something. I looked down and noticed IV needles attached to my arm.

“Where am I?” I thought, having no recollection of what happened.

I scanned the room, still laying down and noticed Soo-jung and Jun-soo oppa sitting by the window.

“S-Soo - ” I tried to say but my throat was too dry for me to produce any more sound.

“Oh my! Hye-min ah!” Jun-soo oppa screamed running to my side.

“You’re finally awake!” He gasped.

“I’ll go call the doctor.” Soo-jung said quickly leaving the room.

“W-water.” I mouthed.

Jun-soo oppa quickly helped me up and gave me some water.

“W-what happened?” I asked, still puzzled by the situation, finally realizing that I was in a hospital bed.

“Do you no remember anything?” He gave me a worried look.

“The last thing I remember was being in the airport…”

“You don’t remember being stabbed?”

I thought back to that day.

“I remember I was leaving the airport and…and as I turned a corner I bumped into someone…Then I felt pain here…” I said putting my hand over the spot.

“Ow.” I flinched at my own touch.

“Careful! Your wound is still healing!” He informed me.

“That’s all I remember…”

“Do you remember the face of the person?”

I shook my head.

“I didn’t see their face…but they were dressed in black…”

“Miss Choo! You’re awake!” The doctor said pushing through the door. I looked towards the door and noticed a tall and not to mention good looking young man walk in. He was probably in his mid to late twenties.

“How are you feeling?” He asked standing next to me.

“Weak and tired...”

“Weak is normal, but tired? You just woke up from a week long sleep!” He joked as he continued to examine me.

“A WEEK?” I gasped widening my eyes.

“Yea Hye-min, you’ve been out for a week.” Soo-jung said.

“You had everyone worried sick.” Jun-soo oppa added.

“You’ve had many visitors…mostly boys.” The doctor teased. I bit my lower lip and felt my cheeks turn red.

“When can she be discharged?” Jun-soo oppa asked.

“Maybe in a few days, earliest.”

“Few days? I don’t want to stay here for a few days!” I complained. Being in a hospital made me feel sick, even if I wasn’t sick.

“We need to monitor your health, to ensure y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter