Chapter 45

☾Full Moon☽

 

 

 Soohwan was sleeping soundly on the couch until a phone rang. Chen who was closest to the table grabbed the phone and asnwered it.

"Yeoboseyo?"

Chen widened his eyes when he heard the Principal's voice. 

"Neh.. Neh.. Arrasso.."

Chen hung up the phone and EXO waited for Chen's answers. They saw how tensed Chen was on the couch.

"The Principal wants to see us.. and it's a serious one.."

EXO gulped and turned their attention to Soohwan. Chanyeol got up from the floor and shook Soohwan. She groaned and snuggled closer into her pillow.

"Soohwan.. We need to go.. The Principal wants to see us.. and Baekhyun.."

Soohwan opened her eyes and sat up on the couch. She sighed and ruffled her bed hair. 

"Baekhyun? He wants to see us and Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol nodded. Soohwan sighed and nodded. She went to her room and changed her clothes into a simple tank top and a pair of ripped jeans. After finished changing her clothes , she went to Baekhyun's room. She saw Baekhyun on the bed , sleeping soundly. 

She went towards him and shook him.

"Baekhyun?"

She shook him. Baekhyun groaned and opened his eyes. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and widened when he saw Soohwan in front of him.

"Baekhyun.. You need to come with us.. The Principal wants to see you too.."

Baekhyun blinked his eyes in confusion.

"Don't ask.. Get ready and we will meet you downstairs.."

Baekhyun nodded and quickly went to change. He wore a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He quickly went downstairs to see everyone getting ready to leave the house. Soohwan teleported all of them to the school. Baekhyun widened his eyes when he saw his school. EXO and Soohwan entered the school and Baekhyun followed them from behind.

They reached the principal's office and knocked on the door. 

"Please..come in.."

Soohwan opened the door to see 2 Principals and a girl in the room. The girl turned her head and widened his eyes to see a group of vampires. Soohwan recongnised the girl. Baekhyun entered the room too and widened his eyes when he saw Taeyeon in there too.

"T-Taeyeon? Why are you here?"

Taeyeon just gave him a small smile and faced the principals in front of her. Baekhyun's eyes widened when he saw his principal , Principal Kwon was there too.

"P-Principal Kwon?"

Principal Kwon gave Baekhyun a nod and turned his attention to a guy who was sitting on the chair. The guy turned his chair and faced all of them in front of him.

"I call all of you here today.. It's because something happened today in school.."

Everyone in the room waited for the principal to continue.

"2 students from the Morning school had been killed..by vampires.."

All of their eyes widened. 

"And it seems like there are 2 holes on the students' neck.. So it was very clear that it was vampires who did this.."

Principal Lee stood up from his chair and faced the window , staring at the moon.

"And I have decided to let Soohwan , EXO and Taeyeon to protect the students in the morning school.."

Taeyeon and Soohwan widened their eyes. Soohwan thumped her fist on the table.

"Are you kidding me? Working with hunters?! You want me and EXO to get kill?!"

Principal Lee gave Soohwan a stern look. Soohwan bowed and took a step away from the table.

"All I want in this world is to have the humans save from the vampires who can't stop their thirst! What if the vampires attack the innocent life again?!"

Soohwan sighed and gave up. Principal Lee turned his attention to Baekhyun.

"And you , Baekhyun shhi.. You will bejoining them too.."

"NO! I can't let him join this team!"

Principal Lee turned his attention to Soohwan.

"And why won't you let him join , Soohwan shhi?"

Soohwan gulped when she stared into his eyes. She sighed and shook her head. 

"This operation will be a secret.. and none of us should said anything to the others , understand?"

They nodded. Soohwan softly groaned and grabbed her hair tightly. Working with hunters.. Thinking about it made Soohwan having a terrible headache. 

"And one more thing.. All of you will be moving to morning class with Baekhyun and Taeyeon.."

Soohwan and EXO can't handle themselves well under the sunlight. It made them dizzy and hard for them to focus. Baekhyun turned his head and saw the frustration plastered on every EXO's face and Soohwan's face. Principal Lee told them to go back home after the meeting. 

When Soohwan was about to leave , Taeyeon stopped her by standing in front of her.

"You're a vampire.. Always remember that.. All you do and monsters do.. are only a burden to us and Baekhyun.."

Taeyeon walked away from Soohwan and at the same bumped her shoulder against hers. Soohwan sirolled her eyes annoyingly and walked out of the school. Realizing that Baekhyun was not with them , she turned her head and saw Baekhyun talking to Taeyeon. 

She stared at 2 of them in front of her. Baekhyun was giving her his biggest smile she had never seen. And Taeyeon too was happy that both of them got to be in a team to protect the students in morning school. Seeing that smile spread on Baekhyun's face , she felt a pang of pain hit her heart.

She held onto her heart and groaned in pain. EXO widened their eyes when they saw Soohwan holding onto her chest , groaning in pain. She held Xiumin's arm to support herself. 

"Soohwan! Are you okay?"

Soohwan nodded and stared at Baekhyun and Taeyeon in front of them. She could felt Baekhyun's feelings. Happiness. Soohwan never see that smile before in her life. He never showed his biggest smile when she talked to him. Baekhyun finished talking to Taeyeon and bid farewell to her. 

Baekhyun ran towards Soohwan and EXO. Soohwan's eyes were on Taeyeon. Taeyeon's smile faded when she glared at Soohwan. Taeyeon glared at Soohwan one last time before making her way home. Soohwan teleported all of them back home. Each of them were exhausted. They gave Soohwan a goodnight kiss before making their way to their room to sleep. 

Soohwan's eyes landed on Baekhyun who was yawning. Baekhyun turned his head to look at Soohwan.

"You okay? Feeling tired?"

'Please..show me that smile when you smile to her..'

"Soohwan? Are you okay?"

'Please.. Let me see that smile..'

Baekhyun widened his eyes when he saw tears rolling down her cheeks. 

"Soohwan.. Why are you crying?"

Baekhyun held her by the shoulders.

"Are you okay? Do you feel anywhere painful?"

But , Soohwan just won't answer him. All she wants now is to see Baekhyun giving her his biggest smile she had never seen. She wanna see that smile. Why can't she see that smile?

"I'll go get Lay , okay?"

Before Baekhyun could mede it to the stairs , he heard a loud slam on the door. He turned his head and Soohwan was not there anymore. He ran out of the house to see Soohwan by the lake. Baekhyun stared at Soohwan's back view. It was beautiful with the moon light shining on her.

"S-Soohwan?"

Soohwan turned her head and gave Baekhyun a small smile. Baekhyun smiled and stood beside her.

"What's wrong? You're not yourself today.."

Soohwan bitterly smiled and shook her head.

"I-It's nothing.. You can't understand it.. and you never will understand it.."

"What is that I can't understand? Can you tell me?"

"Then.. will you understand this?"

Baekhyun widened his eyes when Soohwan lifted his chin and leaned towards him. Baekhyun clenched his fist tightly and closed his eyes. Soohwan saw how scared and nervous Baekhyun was. She sighed and pulled away from him. She ruffled his hair and walked away.

"Told ya you won't understand this.."

Baekhyun opened his eyes again and saw himself alone outside the house. He felt his heart beating liked crazy. He calmed his heart down and went into the house. The whole night , Baekhyun couldn't sleep because of what Soohwan said just now. 

He was curious about it. And at the same time , he could felt something in his heart. Pain. Sadness. He shook his mind off it and forced himself to close his eyes and sleep. But he just can't. He sighed and turned his head to see Lay sleeping on the floor , snoring. He got off from the bed and left the room. 

He went to the living room with Xalier and turned the tv on. He thought maybe watching some tv could get himself to sleep. And it did. He soon fell asleep with Xalier beside him , leaving the tv on. Soohwan at the time wasn't sleeping too. She knew Baekhyun can't sleep. She went downstairs and saw Baekhyun sleeping. 

She went towards him and patted Xalier. She caressed Baekhyun's face and slowly tracing his features. 

'Why do I get the feeling that..you won't be with me forever.. You won't leave me , right?'

Heeyyy guys! Here's chapter 45! Sorry for the boring chapter! My school had started and it was okay.. It's just that I have a lot of homeworks to do.. T__T but that never stop me from updating this story! hahahaha.. I hope everyone enjoy this updates and please continue to support me too! I need to go to school tomorrow even though it's saturday tomorrow.. ughhh! Sorry for the boring chapter and I hope everyone enjoy it! BYEEEE~~