Work: Day 1

Love Was My Mistake

 

Finally reaching CEO kim’s door, I immediately knocked and waited for him to answer.

“Come in” he finally said as I opened the door and walked in. “good morning” he smiled as I smiled back.
“and right on time” he added. “come in take a seat” he invited as I walked over seeing hyunjoong on the couch drinking coffee.

“good morning” he greeted as I sat down.
“morning” I smiled.
“excited?” he asked.
“sorta…” I giggled.
“alright miss _______. Let me give you a rundown of your work here and listen carefully, I don’t want to have to repeat myself” he said sternly. “first when you arrive here, I would like you to come here and check in with me every day unless I am not here. Secondly, attending meetings with me is very important. I would like to know what you think and how to improve them. Thirdly, you are not to take orders from anyone else besides me or hyunjoong. I would say jaejoong too but he’s not here. And lastly, looking over any clients/partnership contracts. Understand?” he explained quickly.
“uh…” I hesitated.
“I think you confused her dad” hyunjoong said looking at me as CEO kim sighed.
“first check in with you unless you are absent, attending meetings along with you, not taking orders from anyone else besides president kim and hyunjoong-sshi and revisions of clients/ partnership contracts” I said quickly before getting in trouble on the first day.
“nice job” CEO kim smiled sitting down in his large leather chair. “now your first task of the day would be to find jaejoong and drag him to this office and I do mean drag because its such a pain to try and get him in my office” president kim said sipping his coffee.
“right away sir” I smiled standing up. “will that be all? Can I go and get you breakfast or anything?”
“just my son would be fine for right now.. thank you” he said before I bowed and left.

“why do I have to go and get his son? Isn’t it easier to call him office phone and tell him to go instead?” I thought to myself walking back to the last place I saw him. “should be around here somewhere…” I whispered approaching an empty desk in front of the only door there.

“I guess this must be where his secretary would be…” I said softly walking to that door and knocked.

I waited a few minutes but there was no answer.

“im pretty sure this is where he walked too…” I thought. “should I just go in?” I said talking to myself. I debated with myself for a bit before deciding to enter the room because… the CEO asked for his son and I will… bring him his son. I hesitantly opened the door and slowly walked in. Right when I opened it, I started soft smacking noises. When I saw what was making those noises,”...oh my god! Im so sorry!” I said turning around quickly shielding my eyes.
“… you…” jaejoong sighed as the girl who was on his lap freaked out and jumped off his lap.
“im sorry!” I apologized over and over again.
“its alright… turn around… what do you want?”
“uhm…” I said slowly and hesitantly looking over my shoulder.
“turn around” he ordered.
“I’d rather not…” I said shaking my head.
“just do it! its not like we were doing anything extreme” he said as I gave up.
“your dad wants to see you…” I said slowly turning around finally facing them.
“its you!” the girl raised her voice pointing at me as my eyes widen.
“and… its you” I said back.
“what are you doing here?” we said together.
“my girlfriend is my secretary” jaejoong explained.
“ohh…” I said lightly nodding my head. “… she must get paid well…” I whispered sarcastically to myself giggling.
“excuse me?” jaejoong asked.
“nothing!... im here working… I was hired by his dad” I said proudly.
“that means!... shes gonna be here! And I have to see her face???” she exclaimed to jaejoong.
“actually, im gonna be working around CEO kim and not around here… so pretty much im your boss…” I smiled towards jaejoongs girlfriend. “and as my first order of the day from CEO kim, your father would like to see you jaejoong-ssh right now”
“so really you’re the presidents ” sooyoung snobbishly replied as my mouth ever so slightly opened.
“… better the presidents than the company !” I said sticking my tongue out at her.
“YAH!!!!!!!” she angrily screamed running at me as jaejoong chased her to stop her.
“you watch your mouth and the way you talk to my girlfriend!!” jaejoong scolded holding on to his furious girlfriend.
“now your father wants to see you” I said looking into his eyes.
“apologize to her!”
“not until she apologizes to me!” she shouted.
“hyung!~” hyunjoong interrupted walking in then stopped. “… did I come at a bad time?”
“yeah! Get her out of here!” jaejoong said pointing at me.
“what did she do?” hyunjoong asked.
“she called my girlfriend a !”
“she did what??... _______! Come on!” hyunjoong said pulling me out by my arm. “dad wants to see you right now! Go to his office before dad throws another fit!” hyunjoong said to his brother pulling me out.

Once we were far away from jaejoongs office door, he stopped, let me go and turned around looking at me blankly.

“good job!” he patted my shoulder.
“… what?” I questioned stupidly.
“no one has ever talked back to his girlfriend before” he smiled.
“…why not?”
“… you see sooyoung thinks that since she’s dating the boss’s son she has control over the people around her meaning the people who work around her like the other secretaries and such. She also has this crazy idea that she can fire anyone she wants to because she pretty much has jaejoong wrapped around his finger” hyunjoong explained.
“ohh…” I nodded. “so… shes the type of person who has to be dealt with power…” I smiled to myself.
“exactly…which is why dad said not to take orders from jaejoong or anyone else besides us”
“… wow, good thinking boss!” I giggled.
“dad wants to see you too… theres someone he wants you to meet before heading off to the first meeting of the day” he said leading me back to CEO kims room.

Before entering, hyunjoong knocked on the door and waited for a response.

“come in” we finally heard.

Hyunjoong and I walked in to see that jaejoong was standing in front of his dad’s desk and another person standing next to the Presidents chair.

“you!” jaejoong cried as soon as he laid eyes on me. “go apologize to sooyoung right now!”
“jaejoong-ah! Calm down! Im sure it was an accident!” his dad shouted.
“I don’t think the word accidently slips out!” jaejoong defended.
“alright lets just forget about this and focus on our work!” president kim sighed. “_______, come here… I want you to meet someone. She will answer any questions you may have and show you where everything is. Her name is Lee Chaerin and shes about around your age and I think you two will get along nicely…chaerin-ah, please show her around and make sure she knows everything…” CEO kim explained to her.
“yes sir” she bowed and walked towards me. “hi _______ if you would just follow me” she smiled as I followed her out of the room.

We left the room leaving the two brothers and father in the room to talk.

“so _______, I just wanted to say something to you…”
“sure”
“I heard everything you said to jaejoong-sshi’s girlfriend and I must say you are someone with a backbone!”
“oh thank you? I guess that’s a good thing around here?”
“it’s a very  good thing around here. You gotta be strong and motivated to work here because this place is filled with angry people…” she explained.

She showed me the offices, the breakroom/cafeteria, bathrooms, where files are kept and anything else that was important that I should know when we saw sooyoung walking our way.

“oh no..” chaerin sighed.
“what?” I said looking ahead. “… ohh… she must want around two… chaerin-sshi be my witness okay?...” I whispered before stopping in front of each other.
“this must be a really bad day for me Gina. I keep sensing some kind of around.” sooyoung said to her partner in crime next to her.
“Could that be someone with long brown hair and jacked up clothes?” Gina asked describing me.
“oh! gina… you forgot ugly face!” they laughed fiving each other.

I stood smiling then looked at chaerin who looked worried.

“hey chaerin-sshi?... do you hear something? Its like a high squeaky kind of voice…sounds like… .” I laughed looking at the two of them. “I wish I could understand but I don’t fluently speak … oh well” I shrugged walking away before she grabbed the back of my hair.”oooooowwww!” I cried as she harshly pushed me on the ground.
“________-sshi? Are you okay??” chaerin said coming to my side.
“never better…” I sighed looking up at sooyoung massaging the back of my head as I got up. “is that the best you got?” I asked getting in her face.
“you asked for it…” she said as Gina got me behind me holding my arms and sooyoung pulling back her hand but stopped at the voice of someone.
“what are you guys doing???” the deep voice called over as Gina let me go and returned to sooyoung’s side.