Major Embarrassing

Love Was My Mistake

 

When hyun woo left for work, I cleaned up the dishes from breakfast and went to sit on the balcony looking down at the busy morning traffic below.
"What shall I do today?" I said to myself. "Maybe I should just go back to work early but then... I would have to see jaejoong" I said continuing to talk to myself as minutes went by. I thought back and forth when my door bell rang. I walked over to the door and swing the door open.
 
"Neh?" I said opening it.
"Ahnyeong honey!~" the voice greeted as I gasped.
"Appa!..." I jumped on him giving him a hug.
"How's my little girl?" he cried hugging me back twirling me around as I laughed.
 
"Woo.... You sure are heavy now" he said sarcastically rubbing his lower back.
"Well what do you expect? for me to never grow up?" I giggled handing him a cup of coffee.
"Thanks dear" he said taking it from me as I sat down.
"How did you know I was here?" I asked.
"I stopped by grandpas place and when I noticed you were around I asked him where you were and this was where he told me to go"
"Ohh... so what brings you to korea?... I thought you were in Germany?"
"I was. But now I'm back here for my last piano concert."
"So does that mean..."
"Yup, it's gonna be me and you again!" he nodded proudly. "Like old times"
"Yesss! that means we can go to the amusement parks, the zoo, go to the movies, shopping"
"Go sit in cafes and drink coffee and tea all day, getting massages, and go out of town together" he finished.
"Yay!~" we shouted together. 
"Wait A second..." He said ruining the happiness. "You don't work?... Why are you still home at this time?"
"...oh... About that, my boss gave me a week off"
"A week?... Why so long?"
"I don't know...but I'm glad he did or else I would have missed you."
"I don't know the man but I'm glad he did too!"
"....so dad... What did you uh... Bring back for me?..." I asked holding out both my palms.
"You mean like a present?"
"Mmmm!" I nodded.
"Since I love you so much, I bought you a German man."
"What??... You did not! no one else was standing with you outside. Come on... My present please??"
"I did bring you a German man" he nodded.
"Then where is he?"
"Right here!!" he said pulling out a German magazine with a German model on it. "Your welcome!" he smiled handing it to me.
"Appa!~" I whined then laughed. "Although... He's not bad looking"
"Yah yah yah! talking like that about boys in front of me! My little girl isn't allowed to date!" he said firmly. "At. All."
"I'm not little anymore dad! eventually I'm gonna find someone and get married and have babies-"
"Lalalalalalalalala!!" he said loudly plugging his ears not wanting to hear me.
 
Dad doesn't like when I talk about getting married and having kids. It makes him feel uncomfortable.
 
"Present!" I asked again with both palms out.
"Araseo araseo, geesh so impatient" he said placing a box in my hands.
"Ooooo! pretty wrapping" I said looking at the object.
 
I untied the ribbon and lifted off the top and inside I saw the cutest necklace ever.
 
photo image_zps8e50c41a.jpg
 
"I saw this and I had to get it for you. Your not just my little girl but also my little princess."
"Awwww dad....thank you" I hugged him before putting it on.
 
Instead of staying home all day, I thought I would take dad out for a nice authentic korean dinner since he's lived abroad for so long, he probably forgot how good korean food was.
 
"AhHhh! that's good!" he said blowing out hot air after eating the soup.
".... Hey dad?... Arent you afraid that someone's going to recognize you?" I whispered to him.
"I sure hope so. I wouldn't mind snapping a picture or two with fans." He shrugged As he continued eating. "There's something you must remember honey... When you are working as a solo artist, all you have are your fans..."
"Mmmm..." I hummed lightly nodding.
 
After lunch dad and I went out for dessert at the baskin Robbins across from the restaurant.
 
"Alrighty! here is your favorite, caramel cone, three scoops on a chocolate dipped waffle cone" dad said handing me my ice cream. 
 
"Yummy! thanks dad!" I smiled.
"I'll be right back. Nature calls" he grinned setting down his ice cream.
 
While he was gone, I munched on my ice cream when someone kicked the back leg of my chair to get my attention so I turned around feeling sorta annoyed.
 
"You... Shouldn't you be at work?" jaejoong asked.
"No" I said returning back to my original position.
"I called you and texted many times. Why didn't you respond??" 
"How did you know I was here?"
"I saw you walk in here when I was driving around"
"...right" I said standing up wanting to walk out on him but he grabbed ahold of me. 
"Wait" he said with his hand wrapped out my wrist. "Look... I'm sorry for what I told you that night. It was probably too over whelming... But I do really like you..."
"Alllllright! I'm ready to tackle that ice cream!" dad smiled rubbing his hands together looking at his ice cream when he saw us.
 
I shook jaejoong hand off and we stood quiet.
 
".... Is this why you haven't been to work?? your out meeting an old man??"
"Yah! you shut your mouth!" I slapped him.
"Excuse me sir?... Aren't you a little to old to be dating someone about 15 years younger?"
"Yah shut up!"
"Are you an old ert or what? go find someone your own age will ya?? so if you don't mind, I'll be taking her!" jaejoong said trying to drag me out but I resisted.
"I'm not going anywhere with you! let me go!"
"Young man... I advise you to let her go" dad said calmly but I can tell that he's actually furious inside.
"Why? so you can have her? not a chance! Lets go!" he tugged me.
"No!~"
"Son... I think you should let her go... I can tell you now that you made a mistake already and I do not, i REPEAT.... DO NOT like you for putting your hands on my daughter like that!" dad pointed out.
"N-neh?... d-daughter?" Jaejoong stuttered looking at me as I nodded to confirm.