The Day Continues

Love Was My Mistake

 

With less than half an hour left, we rushed back to the company checking the time every now and then.

“Ceo Shin?” chaerin said suddenly.
“neh?” I said looking her way.
“what about your own shirt? Your shirt is wet…”
“oh… haha… didn’t even really notice…” I said looking at my own shirt. “oh well… it’ll dry. Im not too worried about it… just getting this shirt on time is crucial though…” I lightly smiled.
“how come?”
“if I don’t get it there on time then he’s gonna come over-“ I said before catching myself. “come over… into my office and bother me about this again…” I said thinking it out.
“mmm…” she hummed with a  smiled.

Jason pov

“crazy girl…” I said shaking my head as hyung’s car arrived.
“what are you doing out here?” he asked getting out the car.
“sending off ______ and her secretary”
“ohh… what was she doing here?”
“an accident happened at work so she came here to buy a shirt” I answered as we went inside.
“buy?... why didn’t you give it to her for free?” he asked as I stopped in my tracks with him bumping into me.
“… what did you say?...” I asked when I turned around to face him.
“…why didn’t you give it to her for free?” he asked again oddly.
“haha!... hyung… im sorry… I don’t think I heard you right… did you say why didn’t I give it to her for free??” I asked chuckling in his face.
“that’s right…” he answered walking to his office room in the back of the store.
“hyung!... is there something wrong with you??” I asked touching his forehead.
“im fine!” he said smacking it away. “why?... your acting like I said something wrong?”
“yeah… you did! you said free!”
“so what?... not a big deal”
“it’s a very big deal!... since when did you start giving away stuff for free??... the last time you did that was when you liked some girl three years ago…perhaps…HYUNG!” I shouted suddenly.
“ahhh! Waaae?? You don’t have to yell! Im sitting right here!”
“you don’t like ______ do you??”
“…m-mwoh?... o-of course not. why would I like your friend? Are you crazy?”
“maybe I am… just a little bit but I think im right!” I grinned.
“your being silly… I don’t like her…”
“my romance radar is going off hyung… you know I have that?... I can sense when people like or love each other…”
“you and your stupid senses… go back to work…” he ordered.
“… fine… but I have to say this before I go… you cant start liking her later on then! If you do… your gonna have to buy me a car! A nice expensive car!... agreed?”
“whatever!... now leave I got to do…” hyung cried pushing me away from him.
“agree first!” I said sticking out my pinky.
“fine! fine!” he said hooking his pinky with mine. “now go!” he shouted kicking me out of his office.
“ill have that new car soon…” I whispered to myself walking out.

End of pov

Hyunjoong’s pov

“hyung!... what the hell was that?” I said bursting into his office.
“what?” he asked casually.
“your making ______ go out and buy your girlfriend a new shirt??”
“yeah? So?...”
“so?” I repeated. “so??...shes not your slave!... and another thing… shes not supposed to take orders from you!”
“well if she wants me to stop sneaking into her place and sleeping with her then she has to do it”
“hyung!... seriously!” I cried out of frustration. “what the hell is wrong with you?! first you stay with her and now you’re making her run useless errands just because your stupid girlfriend had a coffee stain on her shirt??”
“hey! Watch your mouth when you talk about your future in law!” jaejoong hyung snapped.
“future in law?... you really think sooyoung is the bride type?... you think she’ll be a good wife and mother to your future kids??... open your eyes!... she goes out partying almost every night!”
“shut up hyunjoong-ah! What the hell are you rambling about?? What are you even doing in here anyway??”
“fine!...ignore everything I say like you always do…”
“excuse me…im sorry to interrupt but… here is your request sir…” chaerin said walking in with a black shopping bag in her hand placing it on his work table.
“where’s ________??” hyung asked as he looked at the time.
“she is at the interview with the interns” chaerin answered politely as hyung sighed.
“she can never do anything right can she??...” he said roughly before getting up and leaving the room taking the bag with him.

End of pov

“ahnyeonghasaeyo!” I bowed to the other workers at the table as I joined them sitting in the middle.
“oh great!... your on time! nice to meet you CEO Shin…I am park yoochun and on the other side of you is kim junsu.”
“nice to meet you” junsu squeaked happily.
“pleased to meet the both of you!” I smiled.
“today… im pretty sure you know why you’re here… we have to interview the applicants and chose whose would fit best in our company” yoochun explained as he passed me a stack of papers. “this is the applications and resumes. They are here for a different type of job settings not just office work. CEO kim says that we needs some interns, more security guards, janitors and things down that line. Think you can handle it?” he said charmingly.
“sure… ill try!”
“but don’t worry, we will be here with you to guide and discuss anything you need help with” junsu sweetly smiled.
“yes… thank you”
“if your ready, we can get started”
“yep, im ready..”
“okay… send in the applicants please!” yoochun called over to the door to the guard but instead of the applicants coming in, jaejoong walked in instead.
“hyung?..what are you doing here?” junsu questioned standing on his feet.
“you!” he pointed. “come here!” he said before dragging me to the next room over, slamming the door.
“what the hell is this??” he asked throwing the bag on the floor.
“…that’s the shirt I bought for sooyoung” I said looking down at the bag then back to him. “why? Is there something wrong with it?”
“yeah!... I don’t like it!”
“whats not to like?” I said picking it up and taking out the shirt. “its not like its for you… this is for you girlfriend”
“take it back and get another brand!”
“… whats wrong with this brand?... according to the taxi driver, this brand is the most popular compared to Christian dior.”
“I don’t care what the hell the taxi driver said! Im telling you to take it back and buy another brand!”
“… no… you said christian dior or a better brand and im telling you that Giyongchy is the better brand. Its either this… or nothing at all because if I can recall yesterday when I was talking with your dad, im only supposed to take orders from him or hyunjoong-sshi. And if I am correct you are not either of them… so if you will excuse me… I have something important to do right now” I said trying to leave the room.
“hold up!” he said pushing me back. “I am basically part owner of this company too since I am his eldest son so you have to take orders from me too! and im ordering you to take this piece of back!”
“mmm….” I said lightly shaking my head. “nnnooo… CEO kim didn’t mention anything about you at all and this” I said holding up the shirt, “isn’t a piece of … it’s a popular expensive brand. I did exactly what you ask for and if your not happy with the results then im afraid that I can’t help you” I shrugged placing the shirt back into the bag as a knock came to the door.
“you!!-“ jaejoong growled at me before yoochun popped in.
“excuse me, there are people waiting out here to get a job!” yoochun said sarcastically. “and I really need to take CEO shin from you now!” he said grabbing my wrist and walked to the door.
“this isn’t over!” he shouted at us before the door swung shut.

Yoochun sat me down in my chair before seating himself and called in the applicants for the interview. Hours passed interviewing them by groups but one particular applicant caught my eye immediately as soon as I read his resume. When I looked up, the next group had already came in and sat down and in front of my eyes, I couldn’t believe it was him.

“hyunwoo!!” I happily smiled shouting his name in my head.

I can tell that he was excited to see me also but if they found out we are actually best friends since birth then everyone would assume that I hired him because I knew him. Hyunwoo oppa is a pretty smart boy so he kept his mouth shut and didn’t say a word until I addressed him.

“everyone… I am park yoochun and this is kim junsu.” He said standing up. “we are the chiefs of employment… and this is the new temporary CEO for this week, Shin ________.” He introduced as I sat and slightly bowed to them as they responded back.
“hello everyone… nice to meet you. lets get started shall we?...Lee hyunwoo-sshi…it says here that you are applying for the position of a guard. You passed your police placement test with perfect scores and you attended a police academy. What makes you think you are perfect for this job?” I asked.
“Well… like you read, I passed with perfect scores and attended a police academy. I believe that a great company should hire a great and trust-worthy person like myself. With me part of this company, I assure you that it will be well protected.”
“smart-…” I thought smirking to myself.

An hour passed and the interivews for the day was finally done.

“if you will wait outside, we will discuss which one of you will make it and you shall know momentarily.” Yoochun said with strict face as they got up and left. “So CEO shin… who did you like best from this group?”
“definitely the smart-” I said without realizing it. “I mean… I thought lee hyunwoo was honest…” I said taking out his folder and stacking it on the pile of who to hire.
“yeah, I like him too… he seems like our age too doesn’t he?... taking on a job as the security here…” junsu scoffed.
“age doesn’t matter what matters is who is trust worthy, hardworking, and dependable.” I smiled.
“excuse me?... CEO shin” chaerin said walking in. “the documents and contracts earlier still need to be looked at and signed by the end of today”
“… that’s right…” I thought. “alright… thank you” I said to her. “uhm… then could I leave it up to you guys to handle this?” I said looking at yoochun then junsu.
“of course! That’s what we’re here for…” junsu replied.
“alright then… thank you today for your hard work! See you around!” I said leaving with chaerin.
________
Arriving in the front of my office room, chaerin opened the door for me as I walked in and saw jaejoong sitting in my chair with his feet on my desk.

“…fancy little room you have here… for a temporary CEO.” He mocked.
“…what are you doing in here?...” I asked walking in keeping my eye on him then I noticed a large black tin container on the ground by my desk. “…whats this for?” I said looking at it.
“this?...” he said standing up. “… it’s the burn bin that I have to burn things I don’t like…”
“so why is it in here?... go burn it in your own room…”
“no no…this one I want to share with you personally…” he smirked reaching for the black shopping bag I gave him earlier on the other side.

He took out the shirt from the bag and threw it in the bin.

“yah!....what are you doing??... I bought that today!” I said pointing.
“yes… yes you did… if I remember correctly, you said that if im not happy with it, you cant do anything about… so I’m gonna do something about it…” he said lighting a match and throwing it in.

The shirt quickly caught on fire and the burnt smell filled up the entire room within seconds.

“yaaaah!” I squealed looking around for something to put out the fire. “chaerin-sshi! Water! I need water!” I shouted as she ran towards the employee kitchen around the corner.

By the time she got back with the water, the shirt was already ruined.

“ohh no… jiyong-sshi’s product…” I whispered kneeling by the bin with the burned shirt carefully in my hands. “… how can you be so heartless?...” I said sadly yet angrily looking up at him.
“if you did what I told you earlier… this wouldn’t have happened.” he said leaving his last words before walking out of my office with his hands in his pockets.

“why does he not like this brand so much to burn it?” I questioned myself before letting out a sigh.