Confession

Love Was My Mistake

 

Inside president Kim's office, we all stood in a line with jaejoong in the middle in front of his desk like middle school kids getting punished. Jiyong waited outside since he was just a guest that came along with me.
"Tell me what's going on" president kim said sitting back in his chair as we stood silent. "Wae? all of a sudden you guys don't feel like talking anymore?? Outside you were going at each others throats so what makes this moment so different! tell me"
"...she started it!" sooyoung stepped on and turned to point at me. 
"Me?? Your the one who stopped me from leaving asking where your boyfriend is!"
"It was just a question! you could have said yes or no instead of calling me a !"
"Are you not?? cause everyone in the company seems to think so!"
"Girls! girls! put a cork in it!" president kim shouted. "I don't care who started it or why. The only problem I have is bringing your outside personal problems here to work. Whatever anger or hatred you have towards each other... Save it for after work outside these walls! Understand??"
"...neh president kim..." We said together. 
"And you!" president kim said pointing to his son. "Instead of making the problem worse, you could have stopped them! How is your arm miss _______?" He asked as I was surprised by his question and held my arm. "Yes... I saw everything coming off the elevator" he added.
"....I'm okay..." I answered.
"It doesn't hurt?"
"...not really sir..."
"Good... But what are you doing here? I believe I gave you the week off..."
"... I was here to talk to you about my job but you weren't here..."
"Okay... You two can go... But if this happens again ill be sure to take action." He said sending jaejoong and sooyoung out. 
 
As soon as they left, "so... What about your job?" He asked as I placed my resignation letter I got back from chaerin on his desk. "What's this?"
"...my resignation letter..."
"Resignation?? why so sudden?"
"I just don't think this is the right environment for me after what just happened."
"Your gonna let a little arugement between you and sooyoung plus jaejoong stop you from working here?"
 
I wasnt talking about the arugement I had with sooyoung and jaejoong. I thought back to last night and it gave me shivers hoping to never experience that again. To his question, I just shrugged with a nod.
 
"... Well... If that's what you really want..."
"....thank you very much president kim" I said bowing deeply. 
 
Authors pov
 
Walking into jaejoongs office, they both sat down on the couch and on the way to the office, sooyoung was talking non stop about ________.
 
"God she's so annoying! I can't believe you hung around her!" she continued to complain as jaejoong sat there with no words but sighs. "Honey?... Honey?? are you listening??"
"...huh?...yeah..." He answered. "...sooyoung..."
"Hmm?"
"...lets...break up..."
"Huh?...break up??... You said that you would never leave me!"
"...I can't... deal with this anymore..."
"Deal with what?? what are you talking about?!"
"I can't deal with the constant ing and the demanding attitude! let's break up!"
 
Meanwhile, _______ met up with jiyongs grandma at her company and decided to take that job offer. After the meeting, ______ left her office as Jiyong was waiting for _____ outside of the room. 
 
"Hey _______... Listen I got a call from one of the branches and its urgent"
"It's okay. Go ahead. I'll be fine."
"Are you sure?..."
"Yeah! I was gonna head home right now anyway. Don't worry"
"Okay..." He smiled. "Oh!... Uhm..." He hummed before handing me a small box then running away. 
"...what's this?" She thought as her stomach growled. "Ugh... I didn't get to eat lunch" She pouted.
 
She placed the box inside her purse and decided to open it later after getting something to eat. She took a cab and ended up at a BBQ house and had lunch for one. During the meal, she remembered that Jiyong had given her a box so she decided to finally open it. 
 
Back at jaejoongs office, he sat in his office now by himself since he kicked sooyoung out because he couldn't stand her voice anymore. The break didn't go as he thought he would so it left him massaging his temples. 
 
"Ah!..." He said suddenly. "I almost forgot..." He said taking out a bag from his desk drawer and placing it on his desk. 
 
From the bag, he took out a box and opened it. A smile formed across his face thinking how happy ______ would be when he gives her the new phone he got her. He closed the box and placed it back into the bag then leaving his office with that bag in hand. 
 
When _______ was done eating, she walked out of the restaurant full and happy since the present Jiyong got her was a new phone. She was walking down the street messing with the phone somehow making her way to the park and sat down on the bench. She giggled and snickered to herself playing games and taking ridiculous photos when a shadow came over her. 
 
"..._______?" Jaejoong said standing in front of her.
 
She moved the phone away from her face and looked up suddenly feeling scared and the happiness she felt not too long ago was gone.
 
"....don't worry... I come in peace...."
"Are you following me or something? how do you always find me even when my own dad can't?
"Just lucky I guess..." He said scratching his head noticing the black object in her hand. "Is that what I think it is?" he asked hiding the bag he was carrying behind his back.
"A phone?" she said with a questionable tone.
"From where??"
"It was a present from Jiyong-sshi. Can I help you with something?"
"Uhm..." He stalled. "...I've had a stressful day... Do you want to get something to drink? soda? juice? tea? soju?"
"No. Thank you." She said continuing to play with her phone. 
"Just a few shots of soju and you can go"
" I said no thank you." She said getting up and walking away.
"I broke up with sooyoung!" he blurted as she stopped in her tracks. "It didn't go as we'll as I thought it would and I just want to relax and not think about that... I just want someone to drink with me...please?"
"Don't do it shin _____" she thought repeatedly to herself. "Don't do it!" She screamed at her myself inside her mind. "Remember what he did to you!" she reminded herself.
"...okay... Never mind... Forget I asked..." He said sadly turning away.
"Ah...." She sighed annoyingly feeling sorry for him. "....I'm gonna regret this later" she whispered to herself. "Wait!" she called after him. "...fine... Ill go..."
"Really??" his face lit up.
"Yeah... I guess"
 
He smiled as they walked to his car. The bag he had earlier, he just threw it in the back seat and drove off to the closes bar. 
 
"Ahjumma! 2 bottles of soju please? And tea" he shouted ordering as the lady served them. "Thank you" he said pouring the tea for her then pouring a small glass of soju for himself. 
"Why do I get tea?" she questioned out of no where. 
"...don't you like tea?"
"Yeah... But aren't we here to drink?" she said taking the soju glass and drank it in one shot. 
"Whoa... Normally girls can't handle the strong bitterness of it."
"Well lucky for you... I can"
"Where you learn to drink?" he said pouring more for her and a glass for him.
"College and then soon after... My grandpa. My alcohol tolerance is really high strangely"
"Ohh..." He nodded. "Well bottoms up" he said holding his glass in front of her as she clinked it with her glass and drank.
 
He poured endless cups until they decided to leave. Both weren't drunk but in that state where they were really relaxed. By the time they left the restaurant it was already dark outside.
 
"Are you okay to drive?" she asked as they were standing by his car. 
"Yeah, I'm good" he said trying to look for his car keys. "Hey! here's an idea... Lets go to my place and drink some more! I bought this new red wine I wanted to try out" he suggested.
"...I don't think that's a good idea. Your face is really red. That's enough for the day and uh... I think I should drive...just to be safe" she said walking over to him and taking his keys and opening the car. 
 
She drove to his condo and walked him up to his place to make sure nothing happened. He opened the door to let her in but she refused.
 
"Come in" he invited. 
"No thank you. I have to get going"
"Why?? what's the rush?? come on!" he pulled her in. "I promise I won't do anything to you...your my drinking buddy!" 
 
He closed the door and to her surprise, his place was fully furnished. 
 
"You finally bought stuff" she said walking around. 
"Yeah, it didn't have that homey feeling so I had someone decorate and furnish it" he said in the kitchen pouring some wine. "Here..." He said heading her a glass as she accepted. 
"Jaejoong-sshi....you didn't break up with sooyoung because of me right?...." She asked out of curiosity.
"Mmm... Partly, yes. But mostly, I can't take the constant complaining and always calling me to see where I'm at and buying stuff to please her. Why?"
"I don't know. I told you before that I didn't want to be the reason you broke up with your girlfriend..."
"Don't worry... Your not the complete reason...can I ask you something now?..."
"Sure..." She shrugged. 
"...what do you think of me?..." He asked seriously. "And don't tell me you have a girlfriend thing cause now I don't."
 
End of pov
 
"....kim jaejoong..." I said looking into his eyes as he looked back. 
 
I leaned in close and kissed his lips leaving him in shock to what I just did. 
 
"I like you too... I don't know when it started or how... I've always liked you. The day you kissed me and bit my lips... I actually liked it but I was also mad because you could have approached me nicely and handled things a bit differently that night."
___________
this is the longest chapter yet llol enjoy it cause it might not ever happen again.
i know... I jumped around a lot and I had her go drinking with him even though
he was an to her the night before. I did that so I can finally write some sweet adorable parts about them 
you guys waited long enough right? 
Soooooo.... I'm going to watch running man now. This weeks episodes is with gd, daesung and seungri! 
This is bad cause I really should be sleeping lol
And oh my god! So who else is ready for masters sun this week?? I know I am!! 
Last weeks episode was intense! Had me crying a waterfall hahaha
well see ya in the next chapter :D
thanks for reading!