Sooyoungs Sudden Confrontation

Love Was My Mistake

 

As night fell, me and Hyunwoo got ready for bed after showering. Instead of sleeping on the couch, he slept on the floor next to my bed as I laid in mine. 
 
“yah, I wanna know more about this guy from this afternoon.” he asked suddenly.
“…whats there to know? He’s just an ex.”
“theres a lot to know… like how did you date him without anyone finding out?”
“remember when grandpa transferred me out of the high school when I went with you?”
“how could I not? My best friend was being forced to leave me to go to a different school”
“yeah, well… I met him at the high school grandpa transferred me too and from there that’s how we dated.”
“you know… im kind of mad at you. Im your best and close friend and you didn’t even bother to tell me about it”
“sorry. didn’t think you wanted to know.”
“I feel so left out and distance from you now” he pouted. 
“oh you big baby! You know now! Better late than never right?”
“don’t you that as an excuse missy!… but I was wondering… did you ever find out why grandpa transferred you out so suddenly?”
“…now that you mentioned it… no…I did ask him at first why he was transferring me but all he told me was you’ll understand when you get older.”
“… don’t you think its about time you find out?”
“maybe… but I don’t care anymore for the reason. Its been 15 something years already since high school.”
“your such a liar. I know you care. I bet your curiosity is killing you isn’t it?” he started chuckling.
“mmmaybe just a little.” I smiled because he was right. My curiosity was killing me. 
“I knew it!” he pointed at me. “…so uh, have you heard any news about your parents at all lately?” 
“not really… the last I heard was dad is still traveling around the world and mom… I don’t know at all nor have I heard anything about her from grandpa.”
“don’t you miss them?”
“I don’t know…” I shrugged. “I havent seen them since I was a kid and since when my parents split up.”
“your parents are crazy… leaving you behind with your grandpa.”
“im glad they did or else I wouldn’t have met you.”
“awww… don’t get all emotional on me now” 
“im not. Just think about it. If I were to either go with my mom or my dad, I wouldn’t have been dropped off at the village at grandpa’s place and you and I would have never became friends and you would have never gotten any candy!”
“true! True!” he nodded. “anyway… lets go to sleep. Its my first day tomorrow! Good night Boss Shin.”
“good night my little minion!” I giggled before turning off the light. 
 
The night progressed and I couldn’t help but picture the kiss I had with jaejoong. Jaejoong! My boss’s son! 
“ahh! This is crazy!” I said aloud ruffling my hair sitting up then quickly covering my mouth looking over at Hyunwoo. “oops…” 
 
I got up out the bed and walked out to the living room and went outside to the balcony and leaned on the rail looking down at the roads and buildings below. From my room, I heard my phone vibrate so I quickly went in to get it. 
 
1 new txt msg
 
“who would be texting me around this time?” I thought opening the message. 
 
Miss shin please meet me tomorrow 
in my office 9:30am sharp!
- CEO kim
 
“oh no… he sounds mad.” I thought back and forth. “sooyoung probably ratted me out that I ruined his future in-laws shirt! Or they realized that I hired my friend to work at the company because I know him!” I thought biting my nails. “I have to be more careful!” I thought to myself.
 
Yes sir
 
When morning arrived it was hard for me to get up because I slept so late but I then remembered CEO kim’s text last night so I rushed to get ready. When I was done, Hyunwoo was already in the kitchen eating breakfast and looking at the news paper at the table. 
 
“its about time you got up princess!” he mocked.
“yeah yeah! Im up!” I said rummaging through the fridge for some iced tea. 
“its over here!” he pointing to the cup in front of him still reading. 
“ah!” I cried running over. “thanks oppa!” I said quickly drinking and eating the breakfast he prepared for me. 
 
After breakfast, I drove us to work and bought Hyunwoo to yoochun’s office. 
 
“ahnyeonghaseyo temp. CEO shin!” yoochun greeted me standing up from his chair.
“hello!” I greeted back. “yoochun-sshi, I have bought you your new worker for today. Please take good care of him. As of right now, I have to get going. It is 9:18am and if I don’t go now… I shall be late.”
“sure no problem” yoochun smiled. 
“see ya!” I whispered to Hyunwoo as I bowed to yoochun leaving the room.
 
When I left yoochun’s office, I bolted for the president’s room immediately for the second time, hoping that I would be on time. I ran down the hallway and through the lobby when I bumped into sooyoung and gina.
“you!!” she said stepping in front of me not caring whether she’ll crash into me or not.
“yes?” I said politely taking a step back. 
“where is my boyfriend??” she asked not caring who hears.
“How would I know?”
“I havent seen him all night! So tell me where your hiding him!” 
“I really don’t know!”
“if you really want to stick to that story, I have proof!” gina said taking out her phone. “open your eyes and look!” she then said sticking her phone in my face. 
 
On her phone screen was a picture of me being carried by jaejoong going into my apartment building. 
 
“where did you get that??” I questioned looking at the pictures. 
“why?? Shocked?? But really, you should be terrified! If Gina didn’t have another engagement to go to that night of seunghyun’s birthday party, I wouldn’t have known this!” sooyoung yelled. “if you don’t tell me where he is, I will spread this picture to the entire company and into the news that little miss country bumpkin from Anyang is trying to steal a rich boyfriend who already has a girlfriend!” 
“how did you know that?” 
“im a secretary too you know?! Any files that I want to look at, I can do freely.”
“that’s all confidential!”
“sooyoung-ah!” jaejoong shouted entering the building. 
“there he is!… I have to go now!” I lastly said bolting for the elevators. 
“im not done talking to you yet!” she shouted behind me. 
 
I reached the top floor and realized that I had about 30 seconds to get to CEO kim’s office. 
 
“hey! Track star!” hyunjoong chuckled waving as I passed him.
“morning!” I waved back without stopping. “ahnyeonghaseyo! Im here to see CEO Kim!” I said talking to his secretary. 
“President Kim isn’t back from his morning meeting yet.” she informed as I looked at her with widen eyes before falling on the ground. 
“ohh hey! I was going to tell you… dad isn’t here yet” hyunjoong said approaching us. 
 
On the floor, I was quickly trying to catch my breath, when chaerin found me. 
 
“was she running again?” chaerin questioned hyunjoong. 
“yep” he nodded as she helped me up. 
“I wouldn’t have to rush if sooyoung didn’t stop me” I said sitting down on a chair. 
“what?” hyunjoong then said. 
“uh… nothing! Never mind what I just said.
“miss shin!” CEO kim’s voice then echoed down the hall towards us. 
“yes sir!” I cried standing on my feet. 
“follow me” he said walking into his office as I followed. 
 
Authors pov
 
As _______ and president kim walked into his office, chaerin looked at hyunjoong and asked to speak to his for a little while. Entering his office, they both sat down and chaerin began to talk. 
 
“Hyunjoong-sshi, there is something that I have to tell you…” she said quietly. 
“sure” he nodded.
“ its about _________…”
“what is it?”
“well…” she started. “ when I was down in the cafeteria, I spotted miss shin and sooyoung talking.”
“oh boy… this cant be good…” he said shaking his head. “what did they say?”
“sooyoung-sshi was asking where jaejoong-sshi was and miss shin said that she didn’t know. But then gina, showed something to miss shin on her phone and she seems extremely shocked.”
“something on her phone, huh?” hyunjoong said thoughtfully. “did you see what it was?”
“no… I was too far to get a good look at it. But then sooyoung-sshi said that if miss shin didn’t tell her where jaejoong-sshi was, she was going to distribute that picture to the entire company and to the news.”
“this is bad chaerin-sshi…we have to do something. Whatever the picture may be could cause our company to go down in stocks and all the partnerships we have. Hyung!… what problems are you causing for miss _______ again?…” he trailed off. “ secretary lee!… we have to get that phone”
_______
 
Meanwhile, in president kim’s office,
 
“do you know why I called you in here miss Shin?” he asked sternly looking at her.
“…no I don’t sir…” she said quietly. 
“of course you know!” he shouted slamming the top of his desk with the palm of his hand. 
“okay! Fine!… im sorry I spilled coffee on sooyoungs shirt!”
“you did what???!”
“I… accidently… bumped into sooyoung and made her spill coffee on herself…” she said calmly this time.
 
As president kim kept looking at her with intense eyes, a few seconds later, he busted out laughing. 
 
“you did what??!” he asked again as he was laughing.
“I made sooyoung… spill coffee on herself…” she repeated looking at her boss confused.
“that’s beautiful!” he laughed while occasionally clapping. “that’s rich! that’s totally unheard of!” 
“w-waeyo?” she finally managed to ask.
 
Instead of answering, 
 
“you! My dear! Are getting a bonus for that!” 
“for… ruining someones shirt?” 
“not just anyone’s shirt! Sooyoungs shirt!” 
“but sir… I don’t think that’s a good thing?…” she said as president kim’s smile disappeared. 
“ahem!” he said clearing his throat. “of course that’s not a good thing. But I called you in here because there is something that I would like to inform you of.”
“yes sir? What is it?”
“I remember that I am building a school over in Anyang where you live and I was wondering if you would like to go and visit the site for me. The construction is not quite done yet and I would like to know if the people I hired are doing a great job or not. The only person who I think is right for this job is you. You lived there your whole life and everyone seems to know you. Even the children love you. It is only right if you go and better the school. Any decision you make is alright with me” he smiled again as she just stood there looking at him. 
“dear?” he said waving from his desk. “hello?… oh you must have been scared when I hit the table!… I apologize. I was just trying a new attitude. Mrs. Kim says that im too nice but I highly disagree. What do you think?” 
“home…” she softly said smiling. 
“so what do you think??” he asked again. 
“uhm… I agree with you sir! You’re the most strictest boss I ever had!” 
“exactly! that’s what I told her but she doesn’t agree!” 
 
With our sarcastic conversation going on, we didn’t even realize hyunjoong was standing by the door. 
 
“when am I allowed to go?” she asked.”
“you can go right now if you’d like. The company car is already waiting down stairs our front for you.”
“really?? Thank you president kim! Thank you so much! I guess I’ll get going then!” 
“hey dad! Can I talk to you for a bit?” hyunjoong said finally entering the room.
“ ill see you later” ______ said bowing to hyunjoong and then to president kim before she left. 
 
“dad!” hyunjoong said slamming his hands down on the desk. “theres a problem!”
“what is it son?” 
“sooyoung and gina… they are planning to embarrass _______ to the entire company and to the world!”
“what are you talking about?” his dad asked as hyunjoong went on to explain. 
________
 
As ______ was leaving the building, she saw Hyunwoo standing in front with his full security outfit on and stopped in front of him. 
“Hyunwoo yah! Guess where im going right now!?” she questioned him.
“to buy me lunch cause I am starving!”
“you wish buddy!… im going back home!” she giggled and clapped at the same time.
“back home? To anyang?? Why??”
“I get to instruct them how to build the school for the kids! isn’t that cool??!”
“alright!” he said giving me a high five. “when will you be back?”
“I don’t know…later tonight maybe…” she shrugged.
“think you can come back before dinner? I want to celebrate my first day on the job with my best friend since I didn’t get to last time.”
“sure! Ill try! Ill see you later!” I said hugging him quickly before leaving. 
 
But what they didn’t know was Gina was around the corner with her phone taking a picture of their close encounter. 
 
“sooyoung unni will love this!” she snickered to herself as she watched _______ get in the company car and leave. 
 
A little bit later, she saw jaejoong come out of the building and got in his own car and left. Without missing the opportunity, she took a picture of it and bought the news to sooyoung. 
_______________
 
“mr. kwon… the medicine that I have prescribed to you seems to be working” the doctor smiled as he was writing something down on the paper work. “there wasn’t any problems while taking them was there?”
“no doctor… I take them three times a day. One in the morning, afternoon and one before bed just like you said.” jiyong smiled.
“since your condition seems to be a lot better… let’s cut them down to once a day. Take it whenever you’d like but to at least eat one a day.” 
“yes sir!” jiyong nodded. 
 
After the doctors, jiyong drove off to work and walked to the back of the room to his office as Jason followed him in.
 
“hey hyung, where did you go this morning?” Jason asked sitting on his brothers desk.
“I had an appointment with a customer this morning.” he lied.
“ohh… well, we just got new shipments in last night if you want to go inspect them.” Jason informed before leaving. 
“yeah yeah…” jiyong said as Jason closed the door. “I might as well take one now before I forget…” he said taking out a small bottle containing his pills. 
 
He popped one in his mouth and gulped it down with water.