Party Planner 1/2

Love Was My Mistake

 

Later that night when I got home, I walked into the living room as hyunwoo was having dinner by himself.
"Hey chingu-yah.... How was your day off?" He smiled.
"Bad..." I sighed plopping down on to the couch.
"How come?"
"Because the two people who I didn't want to see followed me there"
"Who?"
"Kim jaejoong and choi siwon...what should I do?? I can't get one off my back and I can't get the other one off my mind!"
"They followed you there?? So what did you do??"
"I spent most of the day with siwon and... a few minutes talking to jaejoong..."
"Whoa whoa whoa.... You spend the day with your ex? The one that you said that you didn't like anymore?? What the hell!?"
"I know I know.... It's weird."
"No, what's weird is that jaejoong followed you there too... I mean the guy has a girlfriend who he should be with, but he took the day off to drive over to Anyang to find you... strange right?... Think he likes you?" He grinned nudging my leg.
"Shut up! even if that's true, I wouldn't come between him and his girlfriend..." I said laying my head on my arms.
____________
Next morning at work, I was going through documents when the office phone rang.
"Yeh?" I said politely picking up.
"Miss _______, please report to my office please?" president kim said.
"Yeh, I'll be there as soon as I can." I said hanging up.
When I was done organizing the documents on my desk, I walked over to president Kim's office and knocked waiting for a response.
"Come in" he said as I entered.
"Something you need sir?" I asked walking in.
"Miss _______, do you realize what it is in two weeks?" He asked back.
"...uhm, no sir..."
"The end of the month..." He reminded.
"...oooohhhh..." I said nodding. 
"You know what that means right?"
"Yes sir...." I nodded remembering what CEO Kim told me earlier before.
 
"Given a month she will be given various tasks, writing a proposal and presenting it to the board. If we approve and are pleased with her presentation, she will be my right man hand... Just think of her as another CEO"
 
"Have you been working on your proposal?" He asked.
"...not really sir... Everything has been hectic these last few days and I haven't really had time this month."
"...okay... How about this?... Since its almost the end of the month in two weeks... I would like for you to plan out our end of the month company picnic"
"Neh? end of the month...company picnic? what's that?"
"You see... At the end of every month, I like to do a company picnic/company party for the employees for their hard work. And at the end of every month, it sorta gets crazy and hectic here."
"Company picnic?" I said thoughtfully already picturing the event in my head.
"Yes. We're going to need entertainment, food, tables and chairs, beverages, games and all the little stuff."
"Yes sir.." I nodded.
"I expect great things from you for this picnic _______"
"Yes sir...."I lightly nodded with a smile. "What's the budget for this event?"
"Whatever amount you need"
"Okay... Then I shall get to planning" I said walking to the door. 
"For the rest of the month I want this to be your first priority."
"Yes sir..." I nodded then left.
 
Back in my own office, I sat down at my desk and just blinked staring at my desk with an empty mind.
 
"Company picnic..." I whispered searching for things online. "Where do I even start??"
"Start what?" hyunjoong said coming in.
"Oh, ahnyeong hyunjoong-sshi" I greeted looking over to him. "Your dad wanted me to plan the entire company picnic..." I answered.
"Its the end of the month already?? that was quick...is there anything I can help you with?"
"Yes!.. Where should I start? I have never planned such a big even for so many people before... I don't know what kind of food to get, I don't know what to do for entertainment or what kind of game booths??"
"Whooooaa...calm down. From what I think, you should at least start with location first then from there we can choose how to set things up."
"Yeah, that works too..." I smiled with a nod. "Where should it be?"
"I don't know... Lets go for a drive shall we?" 
"Sure" I said gathering my stuff and leaving with hyunjoong.
___________________
 
"How about this park?" I asked looking around seeing the mass open space.
"...a lots of trees... Meaning many bugs at night..."
"True... Where should it be then?..."
" I prefer events inside..." He said thoughtfully looking around.
"Inside?... But it's a picnic. It should be outside."
"But bugs..." He said with an odd face.
"Omo.... Hyunjoong-sshi.... Are you afraid of bugs??"
"Uhm... Yeah a little bit...."
"Ooh me too...I guess having it outside can be crossed off the list...where should we do the event then?"
"I got an idea..." He smiled. "Come on sister in law!" he said pulling me to his car.
" Wait.... Didn't you hear? me and jaejoong aren't together and were not getting married anymore..." I informed.
"I know... But I just like the sound of it."
"If only it was true...ah! no ______! No! you shouldn't be thinking about that! your working!" I thought screaming at myself as we got to his car and drove off.
_______________
 
"Lotte world????" I questioned him loudly as we were standing in front of the big building at the entrance. 
"Yeah sure why not?? seems like a fun place to have it doesn't it?"
"Yeah but... Can you imagine the cost of renting this place???"
"Lets not imagine and let's find out!" he said taking out his phone. "Hello?...mr.shin?... It's me kim hyunjoong.... I'm doing good sir how are you?... That's great!. The reason I'm calling is because there is something that i wanted to ask you. How much would it be to rent lotte world for a night?" hyunjoong asked as I stood there trying to listen in.
"That's it?" hyunjoong said casually. "We'll need it in two weeks....okay. Thank you very much sir! okay, I'll be sure to tell him! thank you! goodbye!" he said hanging up the call.
"Who was that?" I asked.
"That was mr. Shin... He's the CEO of lotte world" he smiled.
"Oh... Of course. Why wouldn't you know the CEO" I said sarcastically. 
" Yep! he said to rent lotte world for the night is about $200,000 and that is just for the amusement park only excluding the shops, monorail, hotel and museum."
"$200,000!!!!!?"
" That's not bad actually considering how big lotte worlds amusement park is though...."
"That's a lot of money!..."
"Dad said there's no limit right?"
"Yeah...how did you know?"
"Every month he does this and there's never a limit..." 
"But if he does this every month... Spending $200,000+... Wouldn't your dad be losing money?"
"Tell you what sis in law... Lets just not worry about the money and have dad and the company pay for it did you forget who we are?..." He smiled.
"No... But I'm just saying...if he spends roughly $200,000+ and then times it by 12.... That's about $2.4 million a year!"
"Your very good with numbers aren't you sis in law?" He smiled as I smiled back with a shrug. "So are we settled with lotte world?"
"I don't know... It's a company picnic. When I think of picnic, I think outside in the sun, BBQ and games..."
"If we rent this place out for a night then you don't have to worry about games and food."
"Hmm.... I got a better idea..." I smiled walking away and to his car as he followed.
 
Driving around and around and eventually found ourselves at a country club.
 
"What do you think?" I asked taking pictures of the place. "Company picnic...BBQ outside, set up some tables inside and out. Set up some game booths like a carnival and golf for anyone who likes golf since there's a golf course outside and find some entertainment right?" I smiled.
"Hmm.... A country club huh?... I like it..."
"Cool! lets get back to planning back at the office."
 
So before we left the country club, we talked to the manager of the place to get an estimation of how much renting that place would cost and let me tell you, it is a lot cheaper than the rental of lotte world. Estimated at about $50,000 for the night plus an additional $3,000 for some staff the total would be about around $53,000. Arriving in my office myself since hyunjoong had something to do, I sat at my desk writing down ideas and random stuff so I wouldn't forget them.
 
"If you stay here all day your not going to have a social life" yoochun said with a light knock on my door.
"Oh, ahnyeong yoochun-sshi." I smiled over to him then returned back to my business. "Something you need?"
"Uhm... No actually. I just came to see how you are doing."
"I'm doing fine. Thank you."
"Uhm... What are you doing?" he said approaching my desk.
"Planning the end of the month company picnic"
"Oh! it's that time of the month already?? Awesome!"
"Sure is!"
"....uh... Miss shin?..."
"Hmm?"
"Would you mind going to dinner with me tonight?" He asked suddenly.
"Dinner?... Uhm...." I hummed thinking about it.
"Please just a quick dinner."
"...sure, but could I finish this first?"
"Awesome! Is it cool if I just hang out around here until your done?" 
"Sure! it won't take long I just have to calculate these numbers and write down a few more things for the picnic and we can head out"
"Please take your time. No need to rush for me" he smiled sweetly as he pulled out his phone.
 
Authors pov
 
While ________ was continuing her duties, yoochun on the other hand was answering a text message from jaejoong since earlier this morning jaejoong was still questionable about her actions when she told his parents that they weren't really getting married.
 
From jaejoong:
She agree?
 
To jaejoong:
Yeah
 
From jaejoong:
Alright, then ill meet you at the restaurant then.
 
To jaejoong:
Okay see you there
 
A couple minutes passed and ______ was finally done with her work for today so then they headed out to dinner where jaejoong is waiting for them. As they walked into the reserved room for them, she saw jaejoong and just wanted to turn back around and leave. It's like the more she sees him the harder it is to avoid him. 
 
"Please sit..." Yoochun said pulling her chair out for her.
"Thank you" she said sitting down.
"About time you guys got here. I thought I would have to eat dinner alone today." Jaejoong cried out reaching out for food already at the table.
 
For someone she's trying to avoid, it's making _______ feel a little uncomfortable to be there especially because she's starting to like him.
 
"Why you so quiet?... Eat" jaejoong ordered looking at her.
 
Looking over to yoochun, all he did was smile at her and lightly nodded. The atmosphere was even more uncomfortable since no one was talking. So they quietly ate as she tried to make as little eye contact as possible when yoochuns phone rang.
 
"Hello?" he answered. "Yeh omma?... I'm eating dinner with jaejoong hyung.... Do you need it right now?... No, it's okay I can leave right now to pick it up for you...ill see you in a bit mom. Okay.... Bye." He said hanging up. "I have to go guys... My mom needs some medicine. You got the bill right hyung?" he smiled getting up. "I'll be leaving now bye" he waved walking out.
"I should be leaving too" ______ grumbled going through her wallet and pulling out money and placing it on the table.
"There you go again" jaejoong said softly.
"What?" she asked standing on her feet.
"Leaving whenever your around me."
" I have to get home" she said itching for the door. "It's getting late"
"You came when yoochun asked you too, why didn't you think it was late then?"
"......"
"Why?.... Can't answer me?.....Do you not like me?...." Jaejoong asked her straight forwardly.
"....your right....I do...not like you. The real reason why I told your parents is because I despise you kim jaejoong. Is that what you wanted to hear? I hated to be around you. I can't stand the sight of you. Is that enough for you or do you need to hear more?" She said walking out leaving jaejoong speechless.
 
She got inner car and raced off afraid that jaejoong would come out and question her some more. When she finally got home, she went immediately to the bathroom to take a shower to wash away her frustration and anger. When she finally came out and got dressed, hyunwoo just got home from dinner with his co-workers.
 
"Hey, your home?" he asked going out to the balcony where _______ was.
"Yeah, why?"
"These were outside the door? you didn't see them?" he asked handing me a bouquet. 
"Siwon again?" she questioned.
"I don't know, I didn't read the card"
"Oh..." She nodded reaching for the card and next to it was a ticket.
 
It read: hi _______, how have you been lately? I haven't seen you in a while. I know that your always busy with work and i didn't know how to ask you this so I figured I would use this old method to ask you to go out and watch a play with me. Show starts a 6pm Friday night. I'll be waiting for you in front of the theatre if you decide to go. -권지영 (Kwon Jiyong)
 
"Theatre?...play?...." She thought to herself.