Grandpa's Email

Love Was My Mistake

 

"Thank you halmeoni for the tour... I'll be sure to think about the decision long and hard." I thanked jiyongs grandma as she walked me to her office door.
"No worries. Just do what makes you feel happy dear" she lightly smiled as I bowed and thanked her one more time before leaving.
 
I walked down the hall and towards the elevator and left the way I came when I ran into someone crouched on the ground looking for something.
 
"Now where did it fall too?..." She mumbled to herself and I stood by her silently as she continued to look for whatever it was that she dropped.
"....excuse me?... But what are you looking for?" I interrupted her crouching beside her.
"Aigoo! you scared me!" she cried jumping back. "... I'm looking for an earring i dropped here earlier... I've been here for hours! I even came back here after my schedule to come look for it" 
"Oh... Well would you like some help?" I asked.
"....sure"
"Ok, what does it look like?"
"It just has a regular diamond on it..."
"...okay..." I nodded searching. "Is it from someone special?"
"It was given to me by my mother...it was something she cherished after my father left."
"...aww... Then I must find it for you" I smiled throwing my purse to the side and helped her.
 
About 15 minutes later, I walked a little further from where the girl was when felt something under my shoe.
 
"Uh oh..." I grumbled slowly lifting my feet and picking it up.
"Oh!!!~ you found it!!" she said running towards me as her smile sadly vanished.
".... I'm so sorry!!! I swear I looked carefully around this area and I did not see it whatsoever!" I apologized.
"It's ruined..." She sighed slowly reaching to take it.
"We can get it repaired?" I suggested.
"I don't have time. I have another schedule coming up a little while..."
"...ah! I got it!... I can get it done for you! ill pay for it and return it back to you by the end of the day!" I said taking it back. 
"... But I don't even know who you are... How can I trust you?"
"That's right..." I thought to myself. "Allow me to introduce myself... My name is shin _______. I don't work here yet but I'm thinking about it. I just met with mrs. Kwon."
"The CEO?" She asked.
"Yeah. Please just trust me. I feel really bad for breaking it.... If you still don't trust me, you can take my ID card and ill even write down my address and number so you can find me" I said taking out a pen from my purse. 
"There's no need" she smiled refusing. "I'll trust you. Anyways I've got to go" she said walking away. "I'll meet you back here later?" she questioned. "Around 11pm? she asked as I nodded. "It was nice meeting you shin ________, I hope you'll work here it's nice to talk to someone else other than my manager sometimes..." She walked away. "Oh!... And my name is sandara park or Dara for short" 
"Dara..." I whispered. "It was nice to meet you!" I shouted as she walked away.
 
 
_______________
 
"Mr. Han!!!!" I shouted walking into his shop. "I have a problem that you have to fix!" I giggled as he came out from the back.
"Miss ________!" he smiled giving me a hug. "How are you my dear?"
"I'm fine... How about you?"
"I'm great. What was the problem?"
"I did something bad... I broke someone's earring... Do you think you can fix it?" I said taking out a little plastic bag I kept it in. "It's not too bad since the diamond itself didn't break, just the metal part around it. What do you think?"
"It's gonna be difficult...." He sighed. "...but not for me! ill have it ready within an hour"
"Thank you mr. Han! your the best!" I hosted as he looked at me strangely. "Wae?" I asked as he was makin signals with his eyes. "Ohhh...more soju and rice cakes?" I asked.
"This is why your my favorite customer" he nodded.
"I'll be back then. I'm going to go visit grandpa and uncle James. And I'll ask nana to prepare your things also!" I waved leaving the shop.
 
"Grandpa!" I shouted walking into his office where he is suppose to be at this time. "Where did that old man go??... Oh we'll I guess I'll wait." I said sitting down in his desk. Since I was bored, I sat around playing games on the computer and he has yet to come back from wherever he was. As I was playing an email notification popped up on the bottom right of the screen. " hye jin" I read the name. "Who..." 
 
Being bored I clicked on the notification and opened the mail to read.
 
Abeoji... Please I'm begging you.
 
 
"Hey sweetie!" grandpa greeted as he opened the door and saw me.
 
I kept calm and close and deleted the recent email and returned back to the game screen.
 
"Hey grandpa! hi uncle James!" I shouted giving them a hug.
"What are you doing here?"
"I came to visit but you weren't here you old man!" I joked." Where have you been??"
 
After that we sat around talking then went to snack on some food until it was time for me to go. I stopped by the store to pick up mr. Hans things he wanted and then headed off to his shop.
 
__________________
 
On the drive home, I thought back to the email and the conversation I had with grandpa earlier.
 
"Hey grandpa... What if I left the company I work for to go to another company? but this company isn't a business kind of company"
"What knd of company?"
"It's like a talent agency I guess... What do you say?"
"A fake talent agency. Business is more suitable for us shin's dear. I don't believe in talent agencies. All they do is take advantage of their artists and take their cut of the money leaving them with basically nothing"
 
I thought back and forth about jiyongs grandmas offer and then of course that email. The time was cutting close and I returned to the same place Dara said to meet her.
 
"Im here!!" I cried through the hallway running towards her. "Here you go!" I handed it to her trying to catch my breath. 
"You really came" she smiled.
"Yes and... I got it fixed for you" I proudly announced.
"Waah... Gomawo!"
"No problem..." I bowed. "I'm sorry for breaking it earlier. It was a big relief to know that it can be repaired."
"It's alright... Lets go get something to eat... Have you eaten?"
"I did actually... Thank you for the offer though."
"Next time then. Can you at least stay and talk for a while?"
"Uh... Sure" I nodded following her to the rooftop.
 
"Whoaaa it's really pretty up here especially at night..." I said sitting down across from her. "...how do you like working here?... What do you do?..."
"Do you perhaps... Not know who I am?" she asked cautiously.
"Yes..." I nodded my head.
"Do you live under a rock or what?" she chuckled.
"I must be"
"I work as a model."
"A model??... Wow! explains why your so pretty" I complimented.
"Thank you... Can I talk comfortably to you? how old are you?"
"I'm 27" I answered.
"Oh! dongseng!" she clapped. " I'm 29!"
"Oh! unni!" I pointed.
 
We talked for hours before exchanging numbers and we went our separate ways to go home. It was extremely late when I got home. As I was punching in the code to my door, the neighbors door suddenly burst open.
 
"Keep calm honey were going to be okay! just have to keep calm until we get to the hospital!" he said leading his pregnant wife out the door then quickly locking it.
"Hi mr. Yoon" I bowed.
"I'm sorry miss _______. I can't talk right now" he said as his wife looked at me upon hearing my name. " I have to get my wife to the hospital quickly! Her water just broke and im Sorry for talking to you like this" he apologized as his wife looked back at me. 
 
Authors pov
 
In the hospital, mrs. Yoon was now resting on the hospital bed after being hooked up to all their machines, she thought back to the young lady earlier.
 
"Yeobo, come here" she said to her husband who was freaking out in the corner.
"Yes honey??" 
"Who was that young girl earlier?..."
"______?... She's our neighbor. The one that bought over the flowers. Why?"
"Do you by chance know her last name?"
"Last name?... I think it was shin or something. Shin ________" he told her. "Nice girl don't you think? her parents did a good job raising her huh?" mr. Yoon smiled.
"Yeah..." She lightly nodded. "Shin _______... My daughter perhaps?" she thought.