Emotional Wreck

Love Was My Mistake

 

Three years ago
 
Dark grey clouds filled the skies and hid the rays of the sun. With ripped pictures and broken glass on the floor, Jiyong who was sitting in his room on his bed, had fallen into a a deep dark hole that he didn't want get out of. All he wanted to do was be by himself. He didn't eat, drink or sleep afraid that the thought of his first girlfriend would haunt him in his dreams.
 
"I can't do this Jiyong-ah! I don't love you anymore!"
 
The voice of his ex-girlfriend repeated through his mind like a broken record player which made him fall deeper into depression. Making his parents deeply concerned, they hired top doctors and therapists throughout Korea hoping to recover their son and even hired a shaman to chase out the bad spirits thinking a spirit possessed him. Little by little, the doctors prescribed him medicine for depression. As he was getting better, he thought that if he did something with his life and made millions, sooyoung, would comeback to him. So he set his mind on doing something he loved, which was designing and making his own brand of clothes. As his little brother was in Paris, he would call and ask Jason for ideas on what kind of fabric to use and what was the "in" style.
 
As his ideas grew, so did his company. He worked with fashion designers from around the world doing collaborations and branching out to other countries raking in his first multimillion check. But by that time, sooyoung had moved on from him. With his grand success and confident, he wanted to meet up with sooyoung to hopefully and miraculously get back together with her. But instead, he finds out that she has somebody else and that someone else was his best friend, Kim jaejoong.
 
Sadden by the sight of them together holding hands and smiling looking happy, Jiyong turned furious. He lashed out on them during their date and returned home to lash out on everyone else and slightly turned back to the depression mode. With the help of his medications, he decided to change himself completely and forget he ever had a girlfriend and a best friend. Everyday he worked hard and made his earnings eventually forgetting his shameful past by keeping himself extremely busy.
_____________________
 
A week has passed since I last saw Jiyong and too be honest I'm a little worried. I called Jason to see how he was doing and Jason said that he was fine and working like crazy that he barely goes home. Thinking on that, president kim walked in to ask about the event tomorrow. 
 
"Good evening miss shin!" he smiled walking towards me. "How are things going? I suppose everything tomorrow will go smoothly?"
"Yes sir... Everything is going well and everything will be perfect for tomorrow..." I answered.
"My my my.... Miss shin....you look like you came back from the dead with those bags under your eyes. Have you been getting enough sleep?"
"Yes sir..."
"Your voice too...sounds a little rough...are you sure your alright?"
"I am as healthy as a horse sir" I managed to smile.
"... I think you should go home for the rest of the day. Your work is almost done right?"
"I'll finish before I go"
"Alright then...make sure you go home and rest"
"Yes sir..."
 
When he left I quickly finished the paper work and headed home. Once I got home, I saw my neighbor and greeted him and walked with him up to our apartment.
 
"Ahnyeonghaseyo mr. Yoon" I bowed.
"Hello" he smiled. "Coming from somewhere?"
"Yeh...work" I said as we took the elevator up.
"Ah... I see. Stay strong!" he cheered before we got off.
"Yeh... Kasahamnida" I bowed.
 
I unlocked the door and went inside and immediately went towards my bed. As the hours passed, I felt a little chilly. I moved under the covers and hyun woo came home just in time.
 
"Chingu-yah? you home?" he said aloud turning on the rest of the lights.
 
I didn't say anything and heard him coming in to the room turning on the light.
 
"Hey..." He said sitting on my bed. "Are you okay?... I saw you leave pretty early today."
"Uuugghh....." I lightly groaned.
"What the heck?... Why does it sound like your gargling nails?" he asked as I kicked him. "Yah!" he cried falling onto the floor. "What is your problem??"
"Yah...can you shut up please??! my head is is beating insanely and I don't want to yell because my throat hurts!" I shouted sitting up looking at him.
"God you sound horrible... You sound like... A little boy going through puberty." He laughed.
Shut up!" I said throwing a pillow in his face. "Since your here... Can you go turn up the ac a little bit? it's cold..."
"Cold?... You sick homie??" he asked getting up to check my forehead. "Yaaaaaah" he exclaimed. "Your burning up!!"
"I'm fine...just to turn up the ac and after I nap ill feel even better."
"Stop denying. I'll go get you medicine..." He said getting up. "Have you eaten?..."
"Not hungry" I simply said before laying back down closing my eyes.
"Yah, don't fall asleep yet. Eat your medicine first" he said leaving to the medicine cabinet. "I told you not to stay up late" he complained returning with medicine and water. ".... You should start worrying about yourself more than others..."
"Yeah yeah yeah... You've been telling me that same thing for how many years already and have I changed?" 
"No. But you should start or else you'll work yourself to death" 
"...thanks..." I said before closing my eyes again. 
"And... I told you to eat and never skip a meal" 
"Oppa... Do me a favor?... Stop acting like my grandpa. I think I'm old enough to know when to eat and when not to eat or if I'm hungry or not."
"Well I can't help it. It's like my fatherly instincts are coming out... You have to eat something or else you'll definitely feel like later. I'll go make so soup..."
"You? make soup?..." I smiled. "I'll probably end up dying for how bad it's gonna taste."
"At least you'll die with some food in your stomach. Now... Shut up and go to sleep while I make it."
"Okay...dad!"
 
When he left, I fell asleep and didn't remember much about the rest of that night. I don't even remember eating his soup or if it tasted bad or not. Night passed and when I woke up it was already late in the afternoon. I tried to sit up but I became dizzy and ended up layin back down anyway. 
 
"Your up" hyun woo smiled walking into the room.
"Sorta..." I groaned rubbing my face.
"You sound even worse...you sure you just don't want to go to the hospital?"
"Hmmm..." I nodded.
"I'm guessing your not gonna make it to the picnic today?"
"Probably not..." 
"But all your hard work... You won't even get to experience it...it's the reason why your even sick..." He said as I shrugged.
 
The time for the picnic was getting closer and the worse I was starting to feel but I couldn't let hyun woo know or else he'll go ballistic and lecture me about going to the hospital. I didn't want hyun woo to leave me cause I wanted someone there to take care of me but I didn't want to ruin his Saturday so I told him to go on without me and that ill be fine.
 
"I heated up the soup and left it on the table next to your bed in case you get hungry and pleeeease for the love of god, make sure you eat!" he emphasized as i obediently nodded. "And take the medicine too"
 
I heard the front door close and I layed back down thinking about the fun that I would be missing. A few minutes later, I sat up and reached for my phone and texted chaerin to tell her that I can't  make it to the picnic due to my sickness and if anything goes wrong she can all me anytime. So for the next hour, I fell in and out of sleep feeling like then I remembered hyun woos words before he left. So I got up and reached for the medicine and food he left me. I took the medicine and tried to eat the soup but it was already cold. Bit by bit I tried to swallow the soup but ended up running to the bathroom to throw up. 
 
"Oh god... I hate being sick" I thought complaining to myself. 
 
I rested my back against the tub and sat there being lazy because it was such a burden to move back to my bed. I don't know how long I stayed in there when I heard the doorbell ring.
 
"Ugh... Who the hell is bothering me in my time of death??!" I thought dramatically still lazy to move. 
 
But then I head footsteps coming in thinking it was hyun woo who had come home so early to come take care of his friend. I listened carefully to the footsteps and where they were heading but all that faded when I fell asleep. But then I felt someone's arm pull mine and placed it around his neck and picked me up. 
 
"Are you okay???" the voice asked.
"Mmmm...." I nodded as he placed me in my bed.
"Your entire body is burning"
 
It was quiet for a while then felt something wet and cold touch my arm. I opened my eyes and looked at what it was then looked up to the person wiping me with it. I blinked a few times to adjust my eye sight then rubbed them to make sure if I saw the right person sitting next to my bed.
 
"Yes it's me...no need to do a double take" his voice said calmly.
"...jaejoong-sshi?....what..."
"Ssshhhh.... Stop talking. Chaerin told me everything..."
"How..."
"I told you to stop talking." He said again finishing up. "Stay under the covers." He said tucking me in.
 
Again it got quiet and all I heard was clinking of my pots and pan in the kitchen and running water. Once again I fell asleep for the nth time and woke up to jaejoongs voice.
 
"Yah... Wake up... It's time to eat dinner." He said shaking me lightly.
 
When I did wake up, he helped me sit up and leaned my back on the headboard as he sat in front of me with hot soup.
 
"Ah..." He said opening his mouth.
"No..." I said tiredly shaking my head. "Not hungry"
"You have to eat something or else you won't have energy."
"No..." I whined. 
"Stop whining and eat. Hasn't your mom ever told you that when you have food in your stomach you'll feel better??"
"Mmm mmm" I hummed shaking my head again. "I don't have a mom..." I mumbled starting to cry.
"Oh ..." Jaejoong cursed himself. "I'm sorry. I didn't know..."
"I don't have a mom..." I emotionally cried. 
"Ohhhh I'm sorry!.... I'm sorry!... I didnt mean to bring up a bad memory."
"She doesn't even care about me" I continued. " I haven't seen her in 20 something years. No letter no email, nothing!"
"Okay okay... You don't have to eat!..." He said feeling bad. "I'm sorry!"
"...and why is it so damn cold!? my toes are freezing!" I cried laying down.
 
Authors pov
 
Jaejoong sat there with a bowl of soup just listening to her random complaints and stared at her until she fell asleep again. He watched her sleep soundlessly until she mumbled something.
 
"...omma...cold...its so cold" she mumbled shaking under the blanket.
 
With that being said jaejoong set off to find another blanket but failed to find one. When he got back to the room, he saw tears coming down her eyes again wondering what she could be dreamin about. Jaejoong panicked and didn't know what to do since he couldn't find another blanket. So instead he got under the blanket and hugged her tight until her shaking stopped. Feeling the warmth she was getting from his body she turned and hugged him back holding him close as he smiled lightly. Since there was nothing else he could do, jaejoong was starting to feel sleepy so he closed his eyes and fell asleep too. 
__________________
I rushed things in order for the story to hopefully pick up
so some of you won't be confused anymore. 
It will get better... I promise :D
Thanks for reading!