Drinking Buddy

Love Was My Mistake
Before noon hit, I left jaejoongs condo to go home and change to meet up with jiyongs grandma at her company. When I got home, dad was surprisingly not there so I figured he went out to do something or go back home to chill with grandpa. 
Thinking on it, I left my apartment and met up with jiyongs grandma or now, my boss. 
 
"Come in! she said after I knocked on her office door. 
"Hello" I bowed walking in.
"Hello dear. Come in and sit" she smiled. how are you this afternoon?"
"I'm doing great!"
"thats good to hear" she nodded. "Well... I called you here today to go over your contract."
"Okay" I nodded as she took out the paper and placed it in front of me.
 
It took some time and a lot of talking by the time I left there. Night was being to fall and I received another call from Jiyong.
 
"Hello?"
"______! Where are you?" he asked.
"I just left your grandmas office. What's up?"
"Can you meet me at my place?... I'm having trouble on choosing something to wear.." He said shyly. 
"But your a fashion designer?"
"Who needs help every once in a while... Pleeease?" he begged.
"Okay..." I gave in walking out of the building and to my car. "I'll be there in about 15 minutes"
"Thank you!" He shouted then hung up.
 
I drove to his condo and helped him pick his outfit for tonight. After the 15th or so time of changing, we settled on black pants, sneakers and a leopard print sweater with a lot of accessories.
 
"...hmmm... I like this!" he said looking at himself in the mirror. "Thanks _________!"
"No problem" I said gathering my things.
"I have a present for you for helping me" he smiled going to his closet and bringing out a big box.
"You didn't have too...."
"I wanted too" he smiled as I took it from him.
"Thank you!" I smiled as I opened it. "Whoa...this is really pretty..." I said picking up a black trench coat.
"The weather has been chilly lately so I bought this for you..."
"Thank you..." I said again.
"Maybe you can wear that tonight. You can pair it with a black or white dress with matching heels."
"I don't think the dresses I have will go with this coat..." I pondered about my wardrobe.
"Or actually, it could work with your jeans and blouse you have on right now" he suggested. "Try it."
 
I put down my purse and tried it on and it didn't look too bad.
 
"Nice!" he smiled. "It looks perfect" he said giving me a thumbs up.
 
After that, his driver took us to a hair salon where they did my hair and make up making me look like a million bucks. So at our early dinner,
 
"I heard about the great news today! grandma called me while we were at the salon. congratulations! can't wait for your debut!"
"Thank you! I can't wait but it's nerve wrecking though"
"Don't worry, you'll do fine. Just be confident in yourself"
 
We took our time with dinner since we weren't in a rush. But when the time rolled around, we set off to the fashion show. The driver pulled up to a red carpet with reporters and fashion magazine editors surrounding it.
 
"It's so bright..." I said nervously looking out the window.
"Ready?..." He asked as I nodded.
 
He opened the door and turned around to help me out of the car. I held onto his arm as we approached the entrance together as the camera flashed and reporters trying to get a statement from him. We made it pass everyone and entered the building lobby where the rich and famous stood talking until we were allowed in the hall room.
 
"Jiyong ah!" a guy called over to us.
"Ohh youngbae ah!" he waved. "You came!"
"Of course"
"Thought you didn't have time man?"
"I don't...I probably won't stay until the end of the show... Who is this?" He pointed at me. "Girlfriend??" he joked then pointing at our arms still locked together. "So tell me... How did this colorful fashionista win your heart?" He asked as we laughed.
"No. This is shin _________. She's my brothers friend. It's her first time here. Don't want her to get lost in this sea of people. am I right?" Jiyong then asked me.
"Yea" I nodded. "I didn't think so many people came just to see clothes." I looked around. "Uhm... Jiyong-sshi...is there a bathroom around here somewhere?" I whispered.
"Uhmm..." He hummed looking around. " I think it's over there" he pointed over to the far back corner.
"Okay...I'll be back" I told him as he nodded.
 
I walked through the crowd of people going towards the bathroom seeing all kinds of celebrities from singers and idols to actors and actresses to directors and CEO's. Not minding where I was going, I somehow made to the bathrooms since I was too busy staring at the gorgeous celebrities around me.
 
"You know I don't like when you do that" a voice whispered as a body pressed against my back.
"What the??" I thought turning around. "You! what are you doing here?" I asked as jaejoong pulled me to a secluded corner pass the bathrooms.
"So this is how you are when I'm not around. You stare and look at other men. I'm jealous!" he pouted.
"Why are you here?"
"I'm here to keep an eye on you" he smiled. "...and that Jiyong" he then said seriously.
"Your spying on me you mean?"
"Exactly! I can't stand it when your with him!"
"It doesn't matter what you can stand and what you can't cause... I'm already here with him."
"Your always so mean when you talk to meeee~"
"It's starting to become a habit...."
"And I came because I started to miss you" he then said sweetly walking closer to me putting his arm around me.
"What are you doing?? there's people here!"
"To me, there's only me and you right now"
"Stop being so corny and let me go!"
"No. I wanna hug you and that's what I'm going to do!"
"Let me go.... Or else you won't see me again... And I won't go to your place ever" I said as he gasped.
"Are you threatening me??" he questioned letting go.
"Is it working?"
"Yes!" he answered.
"Then yes I am threatening you!"
"Awwww man"
"I have to go now"
"I hate when you say that too" he pouted.
"I do have to go" I said pointing to the bathrooms.
"Oh" he nodded. "But wait, give me a kiss before you go"
"Excuse me?"
"Kiss" he said pointing to his lips. "If you kiss me, I'll go home right now and wait for you there."
"I'm not staying with you tonight. I have a place to go home too. And my dad to see"
"Do you have too??"
"Yes! I have too! whether you stay or go, I don't care but I have to go to the bathroom and go back to jiyong-sshi before the show."
"Okay...go ahead" he said sadly as I walked away but stopped.
"Not again shin _______" I thought to myself. "Don't do it!" I shouted in my mind as my feet turned around and walked back towards jaejoong and kissed him quickly before leaving.
____________________
 
After the show, I went home to find that hyun woo already sleeping and dad wasn't home.
 
"I wonder where he went.." I searched my apartment as I dialed his number.
 
The line rang as I waited for him to pick up. When he didn't, I decided to wake up hyun woo who was sleeping on the floor in the living room.
 
"Hyun woo ah!" I shook him. "Hyun woo ah!"
"Huh?.... Wae?...." He groaned.
"Where did my dad go?"
"Huh?... Your dad?..."
"Yeah where did he go?"
"I don't know... He went somewhere earlier with a guy." He answered as my phone rang.
"Hello?" I picked up. "Appa??"
"________??" he answered.
"Yeah dad."
"Whose number is this?"
"I got a new phone and new number"
"Ohhh that explains why I couldn't reach you last night! where have you been?? I've been worried sick!"
"I stayed over at a friends house. But dad... Where are you?"
"Me?... I came to rehearsal for my last concert"
"This late?"
"Rehearsals sometimes take all night sweetie"
"I'm guessing your not coming home tonight?" I asked.
"I don't know honey... Depends on the director"
"Okay...uhm, good night then i guess..." I said sadly.
"Good night princess. I'll see you when I can"
 
I hung up the call and sat down on the couch looking at the TV hyun woo left on, not paying attention to the words. I held on to my necklace my dad bought me and thought back and forth about random things.
 
"Hyun woo oppa!" I said waking him up again. "oppa!"
"What again???"
"I'm going somewhere."
"Whatever! just go! stop waking me up!"
"Tsk!... The things I get yelled at for even when I let you stay here rent free... I'm going!"
____________
 
Authors pov
 
"Ahhh! jaejoong ah! why are you so lonely tonight?" he said flipping through the channels when his doorbell rang. "Who is here so late?" he questioned himself getting up and opening the door.
 
When the door swung open, he couldn't believe his eyes as ______ was standing in front of him with bags in her hands.
 
"No way..." He uttered wiping his eyes to make sure that he's not hullucinating. "_________??"
"Hi..." She said shyly. " I know it's late but I was wondering if you want to drink with me? I stopped by the store to grab a few drinks..." She said showing him the bag.
"Uhmm....."
"I mean if you don't want too... That's okay too. I'll just find somewhere else to go..."
"No! no!... Please come in" he invited as she stepped in.
"I know I said I wasn't coming here tonight but... There's a lot on my mind and I can't sleep..." She said setting the bags on the coffee table in the middle of the living room as jaejoong stood off to the side staring at her still not believing that she came here on her own.
"What's wrong?" she asked.
"....n-nothing....I'm just shocked that your here..."
"Oh... Well you are my drinking buddy... If you don't want to drink with me that's fine too. I can drink myself" she said opening a can of beer and chugging.
"I'll drink" he said sitting down next to her as she handed him a can.
"What brings you here?"
" I don't know.... Boredom. are you not happy I'm here?"
"I am! extremely happy actually but I didn't think you would came because you said that you were going home."
"I did say that but... I feel like I can't sleep"
"Why?... Is there something wrong with you again??"
"No" she smiled.
 
She left the conversation at that and watched tv with him drinking beer until she fell asleep. Jaejoong, who however didn't realize she was already sleeping, had his eyes on the tv until he saw her slide down on the couch on her side. He looked at her for a while before turning off the tv and taking the beer can from her hand and placing it on the table.
 
Without a second thought, he carried her into his room and placed her on his bed under the covers. He sat by her and caressed her hair as she slept. Not too long after he noticed her necklace that was given by her dad.
 
"Like sleeping beauty...The only time I've seen you so peaceful is while you sleep..." He whispers. "Every other time your busy working or dealing with people..."
 
He smiled to himself and watched her for a little while longer before heading to the living room to clean the beer cans they drank but before he left the room, he turned back to take another look as the moon softly lit up the room and her shadow casted beautifully next to her.
 
"I got it...the perfect name..." He thought.
 
"Nae gongjunim (내 공주님)"
_________________________
 
gongjunim or nae gongjunim is my princess for those of you who don't know :D