Life's A Lie

Love Was My Mistake
That day jaejoong really did come and picked me up. We sat in his car talking, tightly holding hands catching up on those last few weeks we were mad at each other. But fast forward a couple days later, I'm back in the training center and we haven't seen each other since. 
 
In the dance room, I was with my teacher and a few others going a new dance when two familiar faces popped in. I smiled and waved to them while still listening to the teacher as they came in quietly and sat on the couch off to the side. They sat and watched until the teacher called for break time. 
 
"Good job girl!" Jason gave a thumbs up as I ran over and gave him a hug and a wave to jiyong-sshi. "Since when did you work here??"
"It's been a while already" I grinned. "When did you get back? I heard kahi unni say that you were traveling around the world opening Giyongchy shops"
"You heard right! I got back about last night, it was a late flight in."
"Ohh..." I nodded. "You must be exhausted? Why are you here?"
"I would have slept in but Hyung made me come-" Jason said before he was kicked by his brother.
"Uhhh! _____, have you had breakfast yet??" jiyong-sshi asked worked up.
"Neh, I ate with the dancers and the teacher"
"Ohh alright, I guess we'll leave you to practice, come on jason!"
"Where are we going now??~" Jason whined. "You said you wanted to come here! now were leaving already?? don't you wanna watch her dance some more??"
"Yah! get up and let's go!" he grabbed his brothers shirt. "We'll see you later" he then smiled towards me quickly leaving the room with Jason.
"It's good to see you girl! I missed you!~" Jason yelled in before the door closed.
 
Authors pov
 
"Yah!" Jiyong smacked Jason's head when the door closed. "Are you trying to embarrass me??"
"Why?? I was helping you!"
"Helping with what??"
"I know you like her! I'm trying to help you move forward with her!"
"It's not that easy!"
"So you admit you like her!" Jason pointed.
"What??"
"I know you like her, just tell me! And don't tell me you dragged me down here for nothing! you wanted to see her despite your busy schedule and you used me as an excuse! so admit it!" Jason complained looking at his brother as he was speechless. "If you won't tell me the truth, I'll go back in this room and tell ______ that you like her whether it's true or not!" he said putting his hand on the door handle.
"Oh! okay okay! fine... I like her..." He whispered.
"What?? I'm sorry I didn't hear you!" Jason lied.
"I like her!" He said louder.
"See?? now was that so hard??"
"Shut up! com on let's go! I'm starving!" Jiyong said walking away.
"Hyyyyyung!"
"What?"
"Remember the deal before?"
"What deal?"
"The deal where I said you can't like her later on! And if you did, you would have to buy me a nice expensive fancy car!"
"I never agreed!"
"Yes you did!"
"I don't remember"
"Either you remember or I'm going to tell ________ you like her!"
"You wouldn't dare" Jiyong glared at him.
"I would!" he said putting his hand back on the handle.
"....I hate you" he said through gritted teeth.
"Do you remember or not?" Jason sang playfully before looking in the room through the glass door.
"Ugh..."Jiyong snarled. "Let's go"
"Where?"
"...Car dealership" he answered walking away.
 
Jason smiled clapping his hands happily following his brother. Meanwhile, _______ was finishing up her dance class, preparing to go see her vocal teacher on the next floor up above. When she finished that, she met up with the fitness teacher who is also her self defense teacher. She had fun learning new things and can't wait to use them on jaejoong for fun. Practicing hour after hour, she didn't know what time it was until she glanced at the clock. 
 
"Ah! seon-saeng-nim! (선생님-teacher), I can go now right?? My dads concert starts in about twenty minutes!"
"________! It's time to go!" her manager popped in.
"I guess so" her teacher laughed.
"Thank you!!" she bowed 90 degrees to her teacher before running towards the door and leaving with her manager.
 
They rushed off to kahi's shop to get ______ ready for her dads big night.
 
However, _______'s dad was waiting for her arrival so he could give his speech he prepared and dedicate the concert to her. The guests filled the chairs and patiently waited for the show to start. Also present tonight was her grandpa and uncle James who traveled to Seoul for the concert to support _________'s dad.
 
"Five minutes mr. Shin" the director informed.
"Yes, thank you" he nodded calling ______ on her phone but she didn't pick up since she left her bag in the van as she was getting ready.
"Where could that girl be?" her grandpa asked walking up to his son who kept looking at his phone.
"I don't know" he shrugged.
"She knows how important this night is to you and she's not here" _____'s grandpa said in disappointment.
 
The five minutes passed and it was time to begin the show as the mc introduced mr. Shin to the stage.
 
"Uhm... Dad i think you should take your seat"
"Alright... I'll try to call her. Don't worry. Just do your best"
"Good luck!" uncle James cheered.
 
With that being said, mr. Shin took a deep breathe and waited for the mc to finish before he walked out and introduced himself.
 
Finally, ________'s van arrived at the theater where her dad was performing and she ran out of the van holding her purse in one hand and her dress in the other.
 
"Come on honey, were late!" mr. Yoon rushed his wife through the front entrance.
"We wouldn't be late if your sister got to the apartment on time"
 
Getting past the door, _______ ran towards the performing room when mr. Yoon noticed her.
 
"Oh! it's ________!" he pointed. "________!" He called and waved as she looked and waved back slightly bowing heading towards a different direction.
 
Mrs. Yoon turned around to look but she had already disappeared. Jaejoong, who was waiting for her at the backstage entrance, looked at his watch and wondered where his girlfriend could be.
 
"Aahhhh!" she exclaimed running at him. "Joongie bear! help me!" she cried as he turned around when she instantly crashed into him, unable to stop in her heels.
"Ugh!" jaejoong groaned catching her.
"Sorry" she apologized fixing her appearance.
"Hello to you to honey" jaejoong greeted.
"Hi Joongie bear!" she smiled as he covered .
"Sssshhh! save the pet name for home!"
"Eeeeeey!" She teased. "Embarrassed?" she grinned.
"Mmmm" he nodded as they heard the sound of the piano.
"The show!" they cried.
"Go take your seat and I'll see you after concert!"
"Araseo" he said giving her a quick kiss leaving her.
 
She entered the backstage door and saw her grandpa and uncle James watching mr. Shin's first song of the night.
 
"Grandpa" she approached them.
"Shin _______!" he scolded. "Where have you been??"
"I'm sorry grandpa! I was rushing to get here I promise!"
"Do you have any idea how many times your father and I have called you??"
"No sir...my phone was in the car, I'm sorry" she hung her head in shame. "forgive me?" she kneeled down to hug him.
"Aish!..you little brat!" he playfully hit her head giving in.
"I missed you grandpa!" she tightly hugged him. "You too uncle james!" she threw an arm around uncle James.
"My dear! it's been a while!" uncle James chuckled.
"It has! how have you been uncle james??"
"Ive been just peachy! how about yourself?"
"Me?? I've been dead busy since I moved here!" they laughed.
"Alright alright you two! calm down. Did you forget were here to enjoy a peaceful concert??" Her grandpa reminded as she took her seat next to her grandpa.
"Yeh... Sorry grandpa!"
"Yeah, sorry grandpa" uncle James repeated as _____ was chuckling on the side.
 
They watched her dads non stop performance until the show was over. As the show was closing mr. Shin called _______ out to the stage and introduced her as people clapped.
 
"This is my daughter shin _________. I dedicate this show 'Broken Memories' to her as she is my inspiration for this album and she has been the biggest support for me even when I was traveling the world and I missed most of her growing up. But today, she stands as a fine young woman who is strong, independent and beautiful. she will forever be my little girl and princess" he hugged her as she cried.
 
"Oh! Honey! look it's _________! our neighbor! Wow! I didn't know her father was shin baek kyung!" mr. Yoon smiled.
 
Mrs. Yoon couldn't take her eyes off the girl standing on stage. It felt like this was the moment she had waited for her entire life and she couldn't miss the opportunity to talk to _______.
 
Being the last ones to leave the theaters, jaejoong stayed hidden from ________'s dad whom he had insulted of being an old ert a long while ago as they walked to their car.
 
"Thanks for that appa. That's the most fun I've ever had. And that feeling of being onstage as people clapped. The best!"
 
All laughter came to a halt when two figure from came from behind and looked at them as they stared back. _______, who was wondering why they stopped smiling, followed the direction of their eyes and saw mr. Yoon wearing a very friendly smile.
 
"Oh! ahnyeonghaseyo mr. Yoon!" ______ greeted with a bow. "You came to my dads show?" she smiled back.
"Yeah! I brought my wife to see him since he is her favorite pianist!"
"Ohhh" _______ nodded. "did you enjoy it?"
"We sure did!"
"Great!"
"Let's go!" _________'s grandpa angrily grumbled pulling ______ in to the car.
"Wait! why?? they're fans of dad. We should at least have them shake hands or something right? isn't that how meeting fans work?" she smiled not knowing who they really were. "Appa! This is mr. Yoon and his wife! they live next door to us at the apartment!...why isn't anyone saying anything??"
"...hello baek kyung..." Mrs. Yoon finally spoke.
"Hi....eun joo"
"Come on!" ____'s grandpa pulled her again.
"Wait grandpa!...it seems as if... They know each other..."
"She's nobody! let's just home!"
"Dad... I think it's time for her to know who this woman is" mr. Shin said looking at his father.
"...are you... The woman who... Emailed my grandpa?" _____ asked as the lady slightly nodded. "...you were begging him for something... What was it?..."
"...I was begging him for me to... See you"
"See me?...are you...perhaps..."
"This is your mother, honey..." Her dad finally announced.
"My mother??...I thought...we didn't know where she was since she hasn't kept contact with us"
"That's not true. I've been in contact with your grandpa for the last twenty years asking, begging and pleading him for me to see you again!"
"Twenty years??... Grandpa?..." She faced him.
"....fine! it's true! your mother has been emailing me for twenty years since the day she left. I didn't want you to know because she left you with me and your father for another man who promised her a career in the music business!"
"Whoa whoa! There was no promises! I said we can work together for her to get in the music business!" mr. Yoon defended as _______ was seeing another side of him.
"Now I understand why you transferred me to a different school...but... You lied to me..."
"I did it for you" her grandpa told her.
"For me?... Or for you?...I don't know what's worse... The fact that I'm standing in front of my mother feeling like strangers or the fact that for the last twenty years of my life, my grandpa has been lying to me, making the hatred towards my mother grow. Telling me she doesn't care about me but instead caring about her new possible family..." ______ cried as she backed away from everyone shaking her head and quickly ran away. 
"________!! shin _________!!" her grandpa and dad yelled after her making her run faster disappearing in the distance leaving everyone in shock, anger and disappointment.
 
She cried running away thinking about what happened when jaejoong caught her and pulling her into his arms. 
 
"...why?..." She cried muffling on his chest. 
 
Jaejoong wiped away her tears before he carried her to his car hiding her face from the public as people were looking at them. He bought her back to his penthouse and laid her on his bed under the covers, taking off her shoes in progress. While in hiding, jaejoong too, heard everything they talked about, surprising him. 
 
He felt bad seeing her tears and knowing that he can't do anything to help her except to be by her side and comfort her. He laid down beside her brushing away her hair from her face with his fingers as she turned and hugged him. With no words being said, he caressed her hair and hugged her to sleep as she fell asleep crying. Inside her purse, jaejoong could hear the vibration of her phone so he got up and turned off her phone then returned back. 
 
Few hours later, she woke up late in the night and just sat up. She could feel her eyes being puffy and had a raging headache. For a split second, she forgot why her eyes were even like that. She looked at jaejoong, who fell asleep next to her with his arms on her. She connected her hand with his before laying back down facing him. 
 
"Thanks for being here for me..." She whispered kissing his hand keeping it close to her lips. 
___________________________
ermahgod guys! It's been a while! Hehehe! I swear I've been wanting to update but didn't know what to write.
i was going to write and update a few days ago but I was distracted by the mama awards! I stayed up to watch it live and
boy was it worth it! 
And now I am proud to say that I like EXO! My two favorites are Kai and kris! 
Then that got me thinking, should my next story star kris as the main guy??  But then what about jaejoong? Jaejoong is my ultimate bias in this entire world! I'm in a real dilemma here guys! Lol 
 
back to the story lol  
sorry if it makes no sense I could try to explain the whole situation with her parents and grandpa maybe in the next chapter, agree??
until then... Please comment and subscribe! 
Thank you and goooooood night! 
and happy early thanksgiving! :D
peace!