Strange Ahjumma

Love Was My Mistake

 

“yeah sounds like fun doesn’t it?” he said flashing a grin in my direction.
“… oh no! grandpa! You don’t have to do that! I think I can take care of that myself!” I oddly giggled feeling panicky.
“are you sure?” grandpa asked to make sure. “of course. I want you to stay here and worry about the stores and plantations… as for the apartment thingy, I can do it!” I grinned.
“that’s my girl!” grandpa chuckled reaching over and patted me on my head. “now sweetie remember, I want you to look for the best apartment in seoul for you and only you, no matter what the cost. Alright?”
“yes grandpa…” I nodded finishing up my meal.

After dinner, I was in my room pacing back and forth thinking about my decision again for the millionth time ever.

“I cant do this…” I shook my head walking back and forth unable to stay still. “…but then again, ill actually be getting paid…but, I would have to leave here…aww man! Why is this so difficult!?...” I questioned myself softly. “… someone help me...” I pouted. “AH!...” I said jumping on my bed and digging through my purse. “hyunwoo! Don’t let me down!” I said calling his number. “yeobosaeyeo?” he answered. “yah! Chingu yah! I have something to ask you…”
“uh…what is it?” he asked. “…ive been offered a job…a job in the city and… I don’t know what I should do…”
“a job in the city?!? What??! When?? How??!” he shouted through the phone. “today, a man came in the store and offered me a job because he liked the way I handled people I guess and so he wants to hire me to work at his company… and hes willing to pay me big bucks to work with him.”
“so whats the problem??!... are you saying that you don’t want the big bucks??”
“no its not that…its just that I would have to live in the city, away from our town…” I mumbled.
“you can always visit, seoul is only three hours away from us…”
“yea, a LONG three hours…which means I wont be able to see you, mr. han, the employees, uncle james, and most importantly, grandpa…”
“aigoo, yah _______... listen to hyunwoo, I think this is a great opportunity for you. Instead of being here for the rest of your life, wouldn’t you rather be out in the world showing your skills? You’ve worked hard through college and you deserve to have this job. I don’t think you should think twice about this at all… I mean you would be an idiot to let this get past you”
“well then… I guess im an idiot…”
“just think about it will you?... but hey, I’ve gotta go… moms calling me for dinner. Ill talk to you later okay?”
“… alright…bye” I pouted.
“bye…” he said then hung up.

“think about it huh?... damn…” I sighed hanging my head. “ I guess theres nothing left for me to do…seoul…here I come” I lightly smiled before getting comfortable and drifting off to sleep.

“… rise and shine!!” grandpa and uncle james shouted barging into my room opening the curtains exposing the floor to ceiling windows. “its time to wake up and find an apartment!” they chanted together.

I sluggishly sat up with my hair blocking my eyes, and winced at the bright light shining through. “… what time is it?” I asked wiping my mouth. “its 8:34am” grandpa smiled. “now lets get you up to get ready for your big trip today” he then said yanking my arm so I would get up and off my bed. “alright… alright… im going…” I said dragging my feet to the bathroom. “we’ll meet you in the dining room for breakfast!” uncle james shouted before he and grandpa left my room.

After about 45 minutes or so, I came out of the bathroom feeling fresh and ready to go. With no time being wasted, i was rushed to eat breakfast and leave to go to the big busy city. I had no idea where to start or where to look because they all looked similar. “…oh man… where should I start looking?...” I sighed with a newspaper in my hand. I went to plenty of different locations and buildings before, hopefully, finding the perfect one.

“one bedroom, one bathroom, a large kitchen, an open living room, a balcony and it also comes with a full size refrigerator,” the owner smiled while giving me a tour. “but everything else would have to be purchased by you.
“…very spacious…” I nodded walking through with him. “ maybe a little too spacious for just myself”
“just yourself?” he questioned. “someone as pretty as yourself is sure to have a boyfriend right?” he nudged me. “oh no…” I smiled shaking my head. “ I don’t have one.”
“lies! If you don’t have one now, you’ll find one soon” he smiled. “... so how about it? think this place is for you?”

I looked around again for the last time and made my decision.

“well… its next to everything that I might need later...” I said thoughtfully. “I think this one is it” I grinned.
“great! So lets head downstairs to sign papers and you can move in whenever you’d like!”

Downstairs in his office, I sighed the papers confirming everything and shook his hand again before leaving. While walking out, I called grandpa and informed him of the good news and he was extremely excited.

“its getting dark soon grandpa” I said looking up into the sky. “I might be home late for dinner so I want you to eat without me okay? Ill be home soon. Ill probably eat something here while I wait for the bus which is not until a few hours from now. So don’t worry okay? Ill give you a call every now and then…”
“alright sweetie, be careful and be on guard, you’ll never know what will happen okay?”
“okay grandpa… ill see you when I get home then… bye”
“see you soon honey… bye”

I ended the call and looked around to find a place to eat while standing by the bus stop. “oh man…” I sighed sticking my phone in my pocket. “what a day… spent one whole day just looking for a place to live…” I said slowly walking to a café that was nearby. I ordered a sandwich and iced tea for myself and taking it to go. While walking, I couldn’t wait anymore so I dug in my bag and took my sandwich to eat. Before I got to eat take a bite of my sandwich, my eyes caught someone in danger and instantly ran over to help her dropping my sandwich and my tea.

“ahjumma! Watch out!!” I shouted running towards her and quickly shifting her towards the sidewalk away from the speeding car. “oh my dear!~” she exclaimed from relief. “are you okay??” I instantly asked. “do you need to go to a hospital??”
“im fine…” she sighed shaking her head. “come on… lets get you to a seat” I said helping her to a bench. “are you sure your okay? I can take you to a hospital…” I asked again to make sure. “im alright” she confirmed. “thank you” she lightly smiled. “my time almost came quickly if it wasn’t for you” she giggled as I awkwardly smiled at her quirkiness. “no problem… what were you doing out on the road?” I asked.
“oh, I was waiting for someone…” she answered. “ahh...” I nodded. “… thank you for helping” she said again. “your not from around here are you?”
“me?... no… im actually from the country side”
“oh yes, I can tell… you know how?”
“how?”
“…. By you helping me my dear” she smiled. “children from the country side have way more manners and respect for their elders then the kids here in seoul. If it was one of the kids here in seoul, they would have just watched an old lady die in the streets not knowing what to do…”
“aww thank you for your kind words. I was raised by my grandpa. He says when you do nice things for other, the favor is sure to return” I smiled. “that’s called karma” we said together then laughed.

After our laughter settled down, I began thinking about my food.

“uh oh…” I said looking around. “wheres my food??” I said getting up then remembered that I dropped everything. I looked over to where it fell and pouted. “my dinner…” I whispered to myself. “are you alright?” the ahjumma asked looking over to where I was looking. I walked over and picked it up and threw it in the trash remembering that I was starving walking back to the bench.

“oh my… was that yours?” she asked. “neh…” I nodded. “oh my goodness… im sorry dear, here, we’ll go buy you a new one” she said getting up from the bench. “ahniyo… its okay… the bus is almost here anyway… I cant miss this bus home” I softly smiled. “im sorry… I ruined your dinner…” she said sadly. “well let me at least give you money for it” she said taking out her wallet. “oh no no no! its fine” I said shaking my head. “ill just wait until I get home to eat. Please, keep your money” I said lightly pushing it away. “oh!.. bus is here…” I said standing up.

“my ride is here as well” the ahjumma smiled. “well dear, it was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for saving me. I hope to meet you again” she smiled before walking towards her car. She went her way and I went my way. I got on the bus going home after the long day.

Finally reaching home after three hours, I tiredly trudged my way up to the gate of the house and let myself in. By the time I got home, grandpa and uncle james are already sleeping. So I quietly walked in and headed straight to my room not even worrying about food anymore and slept the night away.

Morning approached and I woke up in the same clothes I had on yesterday.

“what a crazy day…” I groaned to myself.

I got up bright and early to get the day started and headed off to work.

“miss _______!” I heard as soon as I walked in to see the group of guys from yesterday and nana. “what is it nana?”
“is it true that your moving!?”
“oh no…” I thought as grandpa and uncle james walked in. “whats going on?” he asked.
“Is it true that miss ______ is moving to seoul??” she asked directing it to my grandpa.
“of course” he smiled as everyone let out a sad cry. “but why are you asking like it’s a bad thing?”
“well because yesterday, miss said that she wasn’t going and that she was gonna stay here”
“nana!” I interrupted. “_______?... is that true?” grandpa said furrowing his brows at me.
“uh… can we talk about this in the office grandpa? This is a private matter…” I whispered.

Feeling a little upset, grandpa headed upstairs with the help of uncle james as I followed giving Nana an upset face as I walked passed her.

“alright _____ tell me whats going on…. Why don’t you wanna leave here?” he asked as soon as the door shut behind me.
“grandpa its not what you think!... I do wanna go but then again… I don’t. this is my home and seoul is a new place for me. I thought that at first but… when I talked to hyunwoo last night, he gave me that confidence I needed.”
“really?...why didn’t you talk to me about it?”
“I don’t know… I just didn’t want to disappoint you… but I know now that I will move to seoul and do my best”
“you will never disappoint me sweetie” he said motioning me to go closer.

I approached him and kneeled down in front of him as he placed his hand on my head and patted it.

“no matter what you do, you will never disappoint me” he said again.
“you will never disappoint me either miss ______ too!” uncle james happily cheered. “thank you…” I giggled.

“excuse me?...” nana said knocking on the door. “miss ______?”
“yeah?...” I asked getting up on my feet to answer the door. “miss….theres someone who wants to see you…” she whispered. “oh?...okay? send them in” I smiled. “…actually he isn’t here in the store… he said that if I tell you down by the beach you should understand the meaning of it.”
“huh?... down by the… beach…” I gasped as I remembered. “grandpa… ill be right back!” I shouted before quickly running down the stairs and across the street towards the beach.

Sitting at a table under the tree wearing his dark sunglasses, I approached him from behind with the sound of my heavy breathing. “hyun joong-sshi!” I huffed. “you here!” I huffed again trying to catch my breathe. “you’re here!” he said back with a smile. “you weren’t here yesterday… I waited all day”
“all day?? Why would you do that?”
“because _______.... your interesting…” he answered. 
__________________________________

holy shizz! have you guys seen this?? lol 
im totally jealous (you'll know why when you see the video) but sorta happy to see jaejoong to be in a music video!
this man is so incredibly y like it makes me wanna cry lol 
jaejoong, good lord your cute! i just wanna let you know you can kiss me anytime, anywhere, any day!
wooooohooooo! <3 <3 spazz moment!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feoQ5hbJVAw&list=FL1zVN05HXqSgAO-FtDH2zXA&index=3&feature=plpp_video