Secret

Love Was My Mistake

 

I discharged myself from the hospital and rode home with hyun woo. 
 
"...lets go get something to eat... I'm freaken starving!" hyun woo groaned holding his stomach.
"Sure..." I said staring out the window. 
"You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm good..."
 
We arrived at a restaurant on the way home and went inside. It didn't take long for hyun woo to order the food since he didn't eat breakfast. And it also didn't take long for the food to come out. He started eating but I couldn't help and think of the feeling I had earlier when jaejoong left.
 
"Why... Am I like this?..." I whispered to myself holding my chest.
"What's wrong with you?" hyun woo asked on a bone.
"...oppa... I think I've been acting strange lately."
"So your finally starting to take notice"
"what do you mean, finally??"
"Look... I've been observing you lately and-"
"Observing me?? you creepville..."
"As I was saying!... Your moods are often changing. First your happy, then your angry then your sad. What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I was like that?" pointing to myself.
"Not was my friend. You ARE like that."
"What do you think it is?"
"Mmm..." He hummed thoughtfully. "Anyone you've been seeing anyone?"
"Uhm... There's you...chaerin...president kim... And jaejoong-sshi...."
"Well I doubt it's me making you feel like a roller coaster unless you have a strange for your friend. But like I said, highly doubt it. I doubt it's your secretary too. And im pretty you don't have the slightest interest in president kim... Unless you do and have a taste for old men??" he questioned panically.
"Noooooo!~ gross!~ I mean I like my boss but not that way. President kim is like a father figure"
"So then if my calculations are correct, that leaves the one and only kim jaejoong..."
"Am I... Starting to feel something towards him?" I whispered to myself.
"...I don't know... Are you?" hyun woo whispered back.
 
Meanwhile jaejoong arrived at sooyoungs house. Once she opened the door, she immediately hugged him.
 
"Honey... What's wrong?" jaejoong asked her as he caressed her hair.
"...I Love you...so much" she said slowly starting to cry.
"I love you too babe... Is that why you called me over here? to tell me that? Hmm?" he said softly looking at her.
 
She didnt say anything and stayed tightly in his arms.
 
"Don't leave me...please don't ever leave me..."
"...okay... I won't go anywhere...I'm right here.." He hugged her.
"I love you.." She said again.
"I love you too..."
________________________
 
"Oh god! can we go home now?? my gut is full and I feel like its gonna explode!" hyun woo whined as we were walking around the mall.
"No not yet"
"Why noooot!~"
"I get the feeling if I go home, Siwons gonna be there and I don't want to worsen my headache by doing that"
"Well then can I just go home first?... Then when I'm done being lazy... I mean full, ill come back and pick you up."
"No! why waste gas? Just stay for a while." I said spotting a black sign with silver writing. 
 
                                                                 Giyonchy Exclusive Event
                                                         New fashion accessories and clothes 
                                                               From the one of a kind designer
                                                                            Kwon Jiyong
 
"Wah...hey let's check out this store" I pointed as hyun woo seemed uninterested.
"Go in yourself... I'm just gonna sit here"
"...I'll buy you cookie?"
"...what kind?"
"Whatever you want?"
"How many?"
"A dozen..."
"Cool!" he jumped up. "Lets go!" he grabbed my arm and pulled me in.
 
As we walked in, the room was lightly dimmed and the store walls was entirely black with neon colored lights set up around the displays and around the room. 
 
"Welcome" an employee greeted as someone came up behind her.
"I got this... You can go cover the registers" the voice said as she nodded then left.
"Oh ahnyeong jiyong-sshi" I smiled upon seeing him.
"Hi" he greeted shyly then spotted hyun woo. 
"Oh!... This is my friend hyun woo. Lee hyun woo.... Oppa, this is Kwon Jiyong."
"Kwon jiyong?" he whispered to me scratching his head. "Why does that name sound familiar?"
"Well..." I said pointing to a blown up picture of Jiyong we were standing next too.
"Kwon Jiyong...ohhhhh!... Your the designer! whoa! nice to meet you!" hyun woo reached his hand out.
"Nice to meet you too" Jiyong smiled shaking his hand. "... What brings you here?"
"Were killing time since we can't go home" hyun woo informed him.
"Can't go home?... Wae?"
"You see.... ________ Has this stalker that always waits for her by our apartment door.
"You two live together?" Jiyong asked.
"Sadly..." Hyun woo answered.
"Yah! sadly??!" I repeated. "Your lucky I offered you a place to live with food to eat and a job! thank you very much!"
"Oh yeah..." Hyun woo chuckled awkwardly. " What I meant was... Sadly, I live with a friend who is so loving and caring that its unfair to the rest of the world" he said throwing his arm around my neck giving me a quick hug.
"Exactly, that's what I thought!... Anyways, I'm sorry for yelling in your store. I just came to check it out."
"Its okay" he chuckled. "Are you guys sure your friends and not arguing brother and sister?"
"I've known hyun woo forever so it's okay if I yell at him and hit him"
"For me it's not okay. She's just mean" hyun woo remarked.
 
A little while later, Jiyong invited us to his office to just relax with refreshments and chat. Time flew by and it was dinner time already. During our conversation, his grandmother called to invite him to dinner and we somehow got invited too. So when the event was over, we drove over to his grandmothers place and had dinner. After dinner, jiyongs grandmother excused herself to have a talk with me as the guys chatted amongst themselves.
 
"Miss _______...." She smiled leading me to the backyard garden.
"Yes?"
"There's something I wanted to talk to you about..."
"Yes ma'am?"
"Do you like your job BSK?"
"...It wasn't exactly what I thought I would have been doing but... I do like working there. It gets really busy there sometimes though... Waeyo?"
"There's something I would like to offer you... Please tell me you'll think about it?" she said looking at me.
"Sure... What is it?..." I asked.
_________________
 
Few hours later back at home, "what did jiyongs grandmother talk to you about?" hyun woo asked taking his place on the floor where he sleeps.
"... Secret..." I told him lying in my bed.
"WHat?!... Come on...tell me..."
"No, it's a secret between us women"
"But I'm your best friend. Can't it be you two women and best friend?"
"No...but you'll find out soon enough... Hopefully. Lets just go to sleep..." I said turning off the lights.
 
As soon as I got comfortable, I received a text message. I grabbed my phone to check it and it was from president kim.
 
From: president kim
I heard you are in the hospital so I'm giving 
You the week off to recover and relax
I'll let chaerin know that you won't be coming in too.
So don't worry and take it easy.
And also, the company month end party was great!
Thank you for your hard work!
Good night! 
뿅!(bbyong!)~ :p
 
"Hahaha" I softly chuckled as I replied. "...bbyong" I said aloud reading. "President kim is like a little kid" I thought. 
 
Soon after I got up and called jiyongs grandmother asking to meet her tomorrow if she wasn't too busy since president kim just gave me the week off. Just as I was heading to my bedroom, the door bell rang.
 
"...who in the world..." I mumbled the way to the door and opened it. "Neh?"
"______!"
"Jaejoong-sshi... What are you doing here so late??"
"I went to the hospital earlier but they said you were discharged. Are you feeling better?"
"Yeah, I'm fine..."
"Can I come in?" he asked.
"Uhm... I don't think that would be a good idea... My friend is sleeping and he'll get angry if we wake him up with our talking. I think its best if you go home and talk another day. It's late...."
"Just give me ten minutes"
"Five"
"...yeah... Okay. Can we step outside?" he asked as we found our way outside sitting on a bench across the street.
 
"What did you want to talk about?..." I asked.
"Okay, well first off I would like to apologize for leaving you at the hospital. It's just that sooyoung mde it sound so urgent that I had to rush out."
"Okay?... Apology accepted." I said standing up to leave.
"Wait... There's more..." He said as I waited. "When I got there she just cried and hugged me repeatedly saying I love you...I have been with her all morning until now. I left when she fell asleep to come and see you..."
"You didn't have to. You could have just called"
"That's the thing though... I didn't want to call you... I wanted to come see you instead...I think what I'm trying to say is that... I think I...." He said walking closer to her and hugged me. "...like you" he then whispered as I stood frozen. "I couldn't stop thinking about you that night I bought you home and that kiss we had..." He said letting go. "Hello??... Can you hear me?" he said waving his hands in front of my face.
"...yeah.." I replied speechless. 
"... How about you?"
"... I... think your five minutes is up..." I said walking away.
"Stop!" he cried blocking my path. "That's all you have to say?? are you just going to leave me hanging like that and not give me an answer??" He questioned as I sighed.
"... Lets just pretend like that kiss never happened... And we never talked or met..."
"But it did happen! we can't ignore that fact! tell me how you really feel!"
"...you have a girlfriend already..." I answered sadly and queitly left back to my apartment. 
 
Authors pov
 
As she left jaejoong stood there staring at her with a frustrated feeling and watched her disappear into the building. He sighed angrily and walked back to his car but along the way a figure stopped him.
 
"...it's been a while..." Jiyong said as jaejoong looked up.
"You...what are you doing here?"
"I came to see ________ to apologize for leaving her at the theater so suddenly but then I saw the two of you talking." 
"Yeah?... So what?"
"... From what I see... Your hurting her so stay away from her"
"Hurting her? what in the world are you talking about?!"
"If your so blind to see it then you shouldn't have confessed to her. Why don't you go be with your girlfriend instead?"
"You mean the one that dumped you for me??" jaejoong snobbishly asked.
"I won't let the same mistake happen again! I've changed!" Jiyong shouted.
"Right" jaejoong mocked. "Do you think _____ will find you attractive once she finds out about your little childish temper??.... Cause I know sooyoung didn't. How does it feel to hit a women??!"
"Shut up!!! I'm not the way I used to be anymore! that person is long gone!!" Jiyong cried. "For _______ to fall in the hands of the likes of you...someone who has a girlfriend and has been dating her for three years then confess his feelings to another girl?... Ha!...please... _______ will be mine and no one else's even if that means sacrificing everything and buying her the entire universe"