Jaejoong's Strange Side

Love Was My Mistake

 

Waking up to the alarm 4 hours later, I tiredly sat up and saw jaejoong still sleeping soundlessly next to me.

what the hell did I do last night?... did I really let him just sleep next to me again?” I thought looking at him.
“you know… I can feel you staring a hole in my face” he said with eyes shut as I immediately looked away.
“… o-oh… your up?” I said awkwardly.
“been up…” he simply replied.
“then what are you doing still laying there?... get up and get ready for work.”
“I don’t know…” he shrugged. “… im just thinking that’s all….”
“okay…” I said getting up.
“wait… arent you gonna ask me what im thinking about?” he asked opening his eyes.
“…no?... why?... its your business.”
“yah… what kind of person are you?... when someone says they’re thinking… you should ask what they’re thinking about so you can start a conversation”
“fine…” I sighed. “what are you thinking about?” I asked sitting back down on the bed.
“… nothing… never mind” he then said as I got up and headed to the bath room.
“… okay?... if you weren’t going to tell me then… why let me ask you?”
“just forget it…I don’t think you can answer my questions anyway…you can’t help me…”
“you don’t know that… just ask me and ill try to help you… so what is it?”
“… okay… but don’t laugh…”
“okay…”
“promise?”
“I promise… now what is it?... I gotta get ready for work before Jason gets here…”
“… is he your boyfriend or something?... aren’t you guys always together?”
“boyfriend??... noooo, he is definitely not my boyfriend. Hes just a friend. But never mind that, you said that you were gonna ask me something”
“… oh, right…don’t laugh”
“im not gonna laugh… come on, ask me…”
“…okay…uhm…how would you know if… your in love?”
“huh?...” I said stupidly.
“see! I told you, you wouldn’t understand!... never mind… forget I asked. just… go get ready for work…”
“yah… im just saying. I thought I didn’t hear you correctly. Give me another chance to answer…”
“okay…answer me then…”
“well… when your in love, you cant stop thinking about that person. You start missing them and you cant wait to see their face even if its just for a split second. Your heart jumps every time you hear their name... and you just want to do everything for them…” I said trailing off thinking about my past. “… wait, why are you asking me that question anyway?... you have a girlfriend already and she’s… great?” I said oddly hopefully not offending him.
“…right…” he said softly.
“did I manage to help?” I asked looking at him.
“… uhm… yeah” he nodded. “thanks…” he said sweetly.
“sure… no problem” I lightly smiled getting up going to the bathroom.
“_______-sshi?...” he said as I turned around.
“yeah?...”
“thanks for putting up with me…I have to admit… I don’t think ive been myself lately…”
“your welcome…” I nodded.
“… you think we can talk some more?”
“uhmm… right now, no. Later... maybe. Tonight… I cant…. Sorry but I have to get ready right now” I said before he said got to say anything else.

I went into the bathroom and locked the door.

…what the heck…”I thought resting my back against the door. “what is wrong with him today?... usually he would have insulted me or done something to piss me off… but today, he seems a bit… different.” I thought walking over to the sink. “odd question too… how would you know if your in love?”

I grabbed the toothpaste and squeezed it on my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth. “love…” i whispered thinking about my past memories.

jagiyah!... why are you running away!? Im trying to give you a
nice smooch on the cheeks even though theres whip cream on it! Come back!

Honey… do these jeans my look big??

Sweets for my sweetie!

I promise to love you forever baby

Don’t cry honey… im here for you.

Subconsciously, tears rolled down my eyes as I continued to mindlessly brush my teeth.

“yah! Hurry up! I have to pee!” jaejoong shouted banging on the door.
“w-what??... okay! Hold on!” I replied spitting in the sink then rushed to the closet and changed. “done…” I said walking out.
“gawd!” he bursted running past me quickly closing the door.

I went to the kitchen and looked at the time.

“jesus! Woman! What were you doing in there for so long??” he asked walking out of the bathroom as I was deep in thought. “_______-sshi??” he said waving his hands in front of my eyes. “are you okay?... hello!~”
“… what?” I said looking up at him.
“are you okay?... now you’re the one acting strange.”
“yeah! Im okay! Why wouldn’t I be??” I grinned as the door bell rang.
“must be Jason” jaejoong said looking towards the door.
“yeah…” I nodded.
“want me to get it?” he asked.
“nah… I got it!” I said walking past him and to the door. “hey! Oppa!” I smiled hugging him.
“whats up girly girl! looooove what your wearing! Totally adorable!” he smiled.

I let him in and he walked to the living room but stopped when he saw jaejoong.

“ohh… I didn’t know you had a guest...” he said sarcastically eyeing me wiggling his eyebrows. “I would have bought more food if I knew”
“shut up oppa…” I smiled shaking my head. “seriously… nothing is going on between us. jaejoong-sshi is taken. We’re just acquaintances”
“riiiight…” he whispered to me. “im sorry!... we weren’t properly introduced before… im Jason… and you are?” he smiled walking towards jaejoong with his hand out.
“jaejoong…” he replied shaking jasons hand.
“well!... nice to finally and properly meet you!” Jason smiled. “come on! Lets sit down and eat breakfast together!” Jason said sitting down on the couch.
“actually… I gotta go… I have to meet up with my girlfriend. Thanks for your offer though…” jaejoong said nicely. “see you later?” he said looking at me.
“sure?” I answered.
“okay…” he nodded. “see you” he waved to Jason as Jason waved back.

As jaejoong was walking to the door, Jason was watching from behind.

“ohhh gawwwwd… he is sooooo fine I could just cry!” Jason groaned when jaejoong left. “… he has the cutest I have ever seen!” he grinned cheekily.
“your so stupid…” I giggled joining him for breakfast. “thanks for breakfast!” I smiled.
“he is always here!...and yet… you don’t see to be doing anything about it…you like him?”
“I did! I bought a lock for my door!” I said pointing to it.
“what the hell is that supposed to do? Anyone can break in a door… especially a wooden one”
“I don’t know…” I shrugged. “but I have to say… he’s rich… so why not go find a nice hotel to stay in?...”
“its so obvious!... the boy likes you” Jason smiled.
“aayy… no way!... who would like someone like me?”
_________________________

geesh… how many times do I have to read these a day?...so many people want to partner up with CEO kim’s company… no wonder why they are so rich” I thought reading the contracts as chaerin was nice enough to go get me lunch from the cafeteria.
“here you go boss!” she said walking in with a tray.
“gomawo! Im starving to death! Its already way pass my lunch time…” I said checking the time on the computer.
“enjoy your lunch boss” she said walking out.
“you too!” I said eating but still reading. “failure to meet any of these requirements, we will have to come to a settlement in court…” I read softly aloud.
“ahem…” i heard with a knock.
“yes?” I said looking over. “jaejoong-sshi… what are you doing here??” I asked surprised.
“busy?...” he asked.
“…uh… yes… very…” I said playfully showing him the contracts I had to read. “can I help you with something?”
“… actually there is… remember our conversation earlier…”
“the one we had before Jason was there?”
“… yeah, that one…” he said closing the door.
“wae?...” I said starting to feel awkward.
“I just… I have something else to ask…” he said sitting down on the couch.
“okay?...what is it?”
“… how do you know when… your not in love anymore?”
“…not in love anymore?” I repeated to make sure.
“yeah…” he said lightly.
“uh… I guess… when your not in love anymore… you just have no more feelings for each other. You feel more distant from that person and you have a feeling that you don’t want to be around them anymore…”
“… is that how it is?...”he said almost in a whisper.
“what?...”
“o-ohh… nothing…______-sshi, have you… been in love?”
“me?... uhm… no… never” I said shaking my head.
“then… how could you possibly know what its like to fall in and out of love?”
“I don’t know” I shrugged. “ive heard stories from friends and family.”
“hearing about it is completely different from experiencing it”
“I wouldn’t want to experience that again” I whispered to myself reading.
“huh?”
“oh, nothing…im just reading this…” I awkwardly chuckled pointing to it. “if you don’t mind… I still have a lot to do and I have to finish this by at least 5pm…”
“right… I guess I should leave you to it then…thanks for the talk again…” he said making his way to the door.
“anytime…” I said without looking up.

As he was walking to the door, it looked like he had something else to ask but didn’t. Without another word, he left and a few seconds later, chaerin walked in.

“what was jaejoong-sshi doing in here boss? did he threaten you again?”
“ahni… we were just talking” I said making marks on the paper.
“really?... he never talks to anyone normally. Hes always so kept with his girlfriend.”
“people change sometimes chaerin-sshi” I said nibbling on the food.
“its been 3 years since ive seen him like this”
“ohhh really?...”
“neh… he was so nice 3 years ago until she walked into his life.”
“mmm….” I hummed as I nodded. “… since you in here, could you send the contracts I have finished to the rightful companies please? I can barely see my desk with all these laying out” I smiled.

Jaejoong pov

After leaving her office, I headed down towards yoochun’s and junsu’s office. If I trusted anyone in the company… these guys are definitely the ones. Without a knock or warning, I barged in and plopped myself down on the couch.

“hyung!” junsu squealed.
“jaejoongie hyung!” yoochun cried after. “what are you doing here?... isn’t it about time to make out with your girlfriend in your office right about now?” yoochun joked checking his watch.
“shut up…” i simply said.
“oh?... is something wrong hyung?... usually, he would have argued back but this time he didn’t…” junsu said speaking to yoochun as he shrugged.
“whats on your mind hyung?” yoochun asked sitting down slapping my knee.
“a lot…” i replied.
“… like what? What could possibly be in my best friends mind that’s making him seem so weird?” yoochun asked.
“… ill tell you later…” i said shaking off the thought.
“alright…” yoochun nodded. “… cant wait til the weekend… time to just kick back and relax…” he said leaning back with his head behind his head.
“oh yeah… I forgot about that…” i sighed.
“that’s right! I totally forgot! I have to go buy him a present!” junsu smiled.
“lets go together!” yoochun said. “how about it hyung? You free tonight?”
“uh… I don’t know… I have to go check with sooyoung first.”
“damn… she got you under lock and key bro!” junsu laughed.
“what is that supposed to mean?” jaejoong asked.
“… that means… how should I nicely and clearly put this?... it means that you are totally her ”
“yah!”
“sorry hyung!... that what it looks like to me… at first everything was okay… but then somewhere along the line she started getting possessive-ish…” junsu shrugged.
“shes not like that…she just loves me… a lot…”
“riiiight… and you love her… yeah yeah yeah, we know, we see it when you guys are making out in the club. We get it…” yoochun said shaking his head.
“well let us know hyung cause I don’t wanna go shopping last minute…” junsu added.
“araseo…” I nodded.