We're Getting Married

Love Was My Mistake

I stood there looking at the ahjumma I had met before occasionally looking to jiyong too.

“this is your grandma??...” I asked directing it to jiyong.
“yeah” he nodded. “grandma, you know her?” he said asking his grandmother.
“yes! She’s the one that saved me when I went out that one day” she smiled.
“ohhh! So you’re the one grandma told me about!... thank you for what you did for her”
“ohh sure… no problem..” I smiled.
“im sure dinner is getting cold, let’s go eat, shall we?” his grandmother smiled before exiting the room as we followed.

At the dinner table, I sat next to Jason while jiyong sat on the opposite side of us.

“so, my dear… I didn’t quite get your name last time we met…”
“oh, im sorry… its Shin _______ ma’am…”
“shin _____.... nice to meet you… again” she grinned. “im kwon hee sun and please call me halmeoni”
“neh halmeoni…” I nodded.
“hows business jiyong-ah?...” she then asked.
“its going great.” He simply answered.
“and uh… you.” she said to jason. “what are you doing these days?”
“managing” Jason said quickly.
“are you still the way you are?”
“what does that mean? The way I am??”
“Jason!” jiyong said to him.
“… I mean… yes ma’am…” jason answered.
“…awkward…” I thought to myself.
“hmm… your a perfectly good looking boy… such a waste to be a kwon…”

Before Jason said something to her jiyong cut him off first.

“so! Grandma!... how are you these days? I missed you so much”
“obviously still healthy and mouthy as ever…” Jason muttered under his breath as I heard him.
“I heard that” she glared at Jason. “im doing great. Its nice to see at least one of my grandson here”
“whatever” Jason muttered again.
“_____, honey… what are you doing these days?”
“me?” I pointed to myself. “I’m working at BSK”
“jincha??... how did you manage to get a job in such a big wealthy company?”
“ohh… the CEO found me working at one of grandpa’s shop one day and decided to hire me to work for him…” I answered.
“I should have given you a job myself…” she nodded. “our company needs someone like you. From what I heard from jiyong, your quite an amazing girl” she said has jiyong felt embarrassed.
“thank you” I smiled.
“…your voice was really lovely earlier… also the way you played the piano. How did you learn to play so well?”
“… when I was little, I use to sing with my mother like little nursery rhymes and my father taught me how to play the piano. So as I grew up, I loved music.”

As time passed, I had to leave because Jason was having an unpleasant time and of course I was his excuse so I said that there was an emergency at work. I said my goodbyes to halmeoni and jiyong and left during dessert.

“thanks for that.” Jason said as we got outside. “I couldn’t stand it in there.”
“she seems like a nice woman”
“puhleeze! That woman is nothing was a bag of insults waiting for me to pull on that string. Must be because you’re here with me. Her words are more harsh when its just me around.”
“maybe your just over reacting… but listen, I gotta go… I am terribly late for something and I seriously have to be there now okay?” I said running to my car. “see you later” I waved before getting into my car and driving away.

“aaaahhhh! Hyunwoo is going to kill me!” I sped going home. “its 10:32pm already…” I said looking for an open bakery.

By the time, the time I got home, it was hitting 11:00pm. When I walked in, the hallway lights were off and as I continued to walk in, I could hear the tv on.

“hyunwoo yah….” I said softly.

When I spotted him, he was on the couch knocked out with the food laid out on the coffee table in front of him.

“aww… chingu-yah…” I whispered walking closer to him. “Im sorry you waited for so long… I didn’t think I had to go places today…”
“… you should be sorry…” he said startling me. “where have you been missy!?” he shouted sitting up.
“I had to go help someone…are you mad?...” I asked as he pouted and looked away hugging a pillow. “hyun-woo yah….” I sat behind him hugging him resting my chin on his shoulder. “chingu-yah…. Its not like I forgot, its just that it took longer than I thought…hmm?... come on…” I said poking his side. “if you forgive me… I bought you a present” I smiled.
“…what is it?...”
“do you forgive me?”
“… I don’t know… tell me what it is first…”
“… a chocolate cake covered chocolate whipped cream sprinkled with chocolate shavings…delicious right?” I asked.
“that’s it?...”
“of course not!... my friend just got a job. So… I stopped by the shops and got you a new hat with matching sneakers…”

He turned around and grinned at me before I handed him the bag of things I bought home.

“gomawo!” he hugged me. “ its like today is my birthday or something”
“ it might as well be. Congratulations on the job!” I said lighting the candles on the cake before he blew them out.
“thank you!”
“the foods is cold. Stay here while I got warm them up.” I said taking the plates to the kitchen and popping them into the microwave.
“the style is daebak chingu-yah!” he shouted to me.
“your welcome!”

Even though, I ate already, I can’t let him know that or else he would be mad that I didnt eat his cooking.

“ohh! By the way, your boyfriend bought you more flowers. I found them when I got home.”
“again??”
“persistent this guy…”
“well… he had his chance.” I said taking a plate out. “…but he lost it…” I whispered to myself.
_______________

“good morning chaerin-sshi!” I smiled walking passed her and into my office.
“______! Wait!” she said following behind me.

When I walked in, I saw president kim sitting on the couch along with hyunjoong.

“______!” hyungjoong greeted with a smile.
“morning!” I smiled approaching them. “is something the matter?”
“take a seat miss ______...” president ordered.
“yes?” I said siting down across from him.
“Chaerin, please close the door and leave us will you?...”
“yes sir.” she bowed then left.

“whats going on?” I asked.
“miss ______... I have something very personal that I would like to discuss with you.”
“..uhm… sure, anything sir…”
“you and my son… is there anything going between you two that you would like to tell me?” president kim said as I looked at hyunjoong but he shook his head indicating that its not him.
“you mean jaejoong?...no sir. we talked occasionally but nothing more than that.”
“then can you explain something for us?... since me and dad are going crazy.” Hyun joong said handing me his phone.
“what…what is this??” I said looking at the picture.
“dad!” jaejoong then bursted into the room. “you have no right talking to ______ without me! lets go!” he said pulling me.
“I have the rights! She’s my employee!”
“well she’s my fiancé!” jaejoong shouted.
“WHAT???! … why?? Whats going on??”
“ill explain everything later” he whispered.
“jaejoong!” his dad shouted after us as we left the room.
“where are you taking me?? I have to work!”
“my office!” he said opening the door and pushing me in then closing the door.

“fiancé!???” I questioned as soon as my eyes landed on his.
“I know I know I know! Im sorry! I was just so angry at my dad for talking to you!”
“why?? He’s my boss. Im sure he can talk to me anytime he wants.”
“that’s not what I mean!...”
“then what?”
“okay… what im about to tell you will probably come to you as a shock but also be understanding…” he said I nodded. “I kinda told dad that I… slept with you”
“ohh…” I lightly nodded. “…WHATT??!! Slept with me?? we barely know each other!”
“ssshhh! Keep your voice down!!... this is all your fault anyway! take responsibility for it!” he pointed.
“my fault??... why is it my fault??”
“if you weren’t being stupid that day of seunghyun’s party, then Gina wouldn’t have taken that picture that made me look like the bad guy!”
“you mean that picture hyunjoong showed me?? then you dad probably thought that… you…r-ra… ewww!”
“exactly!”
“uggh!!” I said feeling goose bumps over my body. “ I have to go and explain that nothing happened” I said making my way to the door.
“no wait!” he said closing the door.
“why?? You still want your dad to think you’re the bad guy? Why wont you just tell him??”
“its complicated! I just cant!”
“I think its time for you to just tell your dad the truth and your not the horrible guy he thinks you are! But if you don’t want to then why drag me into this??”
“i didn’t! you dragged me into this”
“fine… ill take full responsibility for that but I am still telling your dad nothing happened! and I am sure as well NOT your fiancé! What if Sooyoung hears about this? What will she think?? She probably going to come and beat me up for stealing her boyfriend.”
“calm down…”
“calm down?...really?? suddenly becoming someones fiancé and being accused that you slept with me… you want me to calm down??... yeah, not going to happen! Im going to your dad right now!”
“Stop! Let me think about this first will you?? your not the only one that’s about to go crazy!”
“whats there to think about?? Just let me explain everything to you dad okay? Im sure if he hears it from me, he will believe me more than you. Come on” I motioned as I left the room going to the president’s office.

As we approached the president’s office, jaejoong sorta just stopped halfway there.

“whats wrong?... come on! Trust me! everything will be fine. Lose the bad boy image already. Your hitting 30 soon” I snickered turning away.

We walked into the room and waited for his father to notice us.

“President kim?...there’s something we’d like to tell you”
“what?” he said roughly.
“sir, jaejoong and I-“
“we’re getting married!” jaejoong shouted.
“huh?? No we’re not. what I wanted to tell you is that we-“
“are getting married!” he said again.
“stop!” I said hitting him.
“don’t be shy honey.” he said pulling me closer. “yes… dad. ______ and I are going to get married.”