The Birthday Party Part 1

Love Was My Mistake

 

With jiyong so busy during the week, Jason moved the shopping for my swimsuit to Friday. And since today is Friday, Jason has been texting me non-stop asking what kind of style I liked. Honestly, I didn’t know because I don’t wear swimsuits. He sent me pictures but I didn’t really have time to look at them because I was busy that day too. When work finished that day, Jason looked mighty angry when he came to pick me up.

“what?...” I asked looking at him.
“CEO shin!” he said puffing his cheeks.
“wae?~”
“why didn’t you reply to my messages?”
“mianhae! I was busy! I didn’t even have time to sit down let alone look at my phone and reply to you. try to understand”
“… I know!... im just kidding!” he then expressed changing his attitude. “if you think I get hurt that easily from people not answering my text message, your wrong” he said driving away.
“aishh… made me panic for no reason…” I sighed.
“tired?” he said looking over to me.
“extremely…”
“well hopefully that will change when you try on the different suits I picked out for you” he cheekily smiled.
“Jason oppa… I don’t really feel comfortable about this…”
“whats there to be uncomfortable about?... I mean, you have a banging body girl!... if I had your figure, I would walk around everyday!”
“…haha!...babo yah!” I laughed. “I think you should just save your body for yourself”
“im being serious!... you’ll be fine….dont worry. Oh! and I forgot, jiyong hyung is waiting for us there already…so we have to hurry if we want another free dinner tonight!” he giggled.

Reaching the shop of the swimsuits, Jason rushed me inside and the manager greeted him politely as we walked in.

“ahnyeonghaseyo Jason!” she greeted kissing him on both side of his cheeks as he did the same to her.
“kahi noona!” he grinned. “this is my friend shin ______” he introduced. “______, this is my stylist, park kahi. Shes the owner of this store!”
“nice to meet you” I greeted reaching my hand out to her as she grabbed it and pulled me into a hug.
“nice to meet you too!” she said kissing both sides of my cheeks. “gosh! You are adorable!” she said looking at me from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet.
“uhm…. Thank you?” I said feeling awkward.
“whats wrong?” Jason said looking at me.
“ah!... your brother has been here for a while now and I think he’s getting impatient” kahi reminded.
“not for long!... come on come on!” he cried pulling me to the back as kahi happily followed.

He barged in the VIP room and quickly greeted his brother while shoving me in to the dressing room.

“all the swimsuits Jason picked out are on the rack!” kahi-sshi shouted from outside the curtain.
“oh… boy….” I whispered picking it up and placing it on myself to see how it would look. “this is a lot to go through….” I thought.
“_____! Remember!... when your done putting one on, come out and show us!”

As they were waiting outside, I struggled to put on one of the swimsuits because there were too many strings involved, I didn’t know where to even put my head through.

“hurry up and come out _______!” Jason rushed.
“okay…” I said feeling nervous.

I poked my head out through the curtains and looked at them.

“… uhm… I don’t think I put this on right so… if I look silly… my bad” I said slowly walking out.
“waaah!...” jason cheered along with kahi. “so pretty!...jiyong hyung! What do you think??” Jason asked his brother as jiyong was looking at magazines. But when he looked up, his face seemed to have lit up completely.

“wah…” he softly let out. “… ahem! I mean… y-yeah… that one is nice…” he said with a nod.
“neomu yeppeuda!” kahi complimented. “you know why?” she then turned to ask Jason. “its because shes already a cute girl so… anything would look good on her” she then answered the question herself.
“that’s right!” Jason agreed. “how do you feel ______?”
“… no…” I said shaking my head. “I think ill try another one.

Trying on at least 20 of them, I think I finally picked a safe one to wear for the beach tomorrow.

“what do you think?” I asked coming out wearing a bikini top and shorts that match.
“eehh… its seems a little to plain and simple…” Jason pondered.
“yeah… you didn’t like the one before this one? The y one?” kahi asked.
“…no… I think I like this one the best” I said looking at the mirror.
“plain and simple looks good on her” jiyong then said suddenly as kahi and Jason looked at him in disapproval.
“komawo jiyong-sshi” i smiled. “ill take this one”
“hyung… you like that one?” Jason asked his brother.
“mmm!” he nodded.
“fine then… your buying that for her!” he pointed.
“ahnii… I can buy it myself… how much is it?”
“6 hundr-“ kahi started before Jason placed his hand over .
“sixty… bucks…” Jason said looking in to kahi’s eyes as he nodded. “right??”
“mmmm….mmmmm!” kahi then nodded as he let her go. “sixty dollars…” she smiled.

Authors pov

At the check out register, Jason and kahi were having a private conversation as jiyong kept _____ busy talking to her about random things.

“yah… why did you cover my mouth?” kahi angrily whispered.
“because… if she knew the real price, she would never take it” Jason said paying with jiyong’s black card.
“your total is $612.14” she whispered. “why is the price so important?”
“… well price to me doesn’t matter but to her it does...”
“how come?”
“well because… she’s not spoiled and… she doesn’t take anything for granted. She’s humble and innocent and polite. And believe it or not… she helps out with the bill when we got out to eat!”
“whhuuuut?? No way!??”
“riiight?? that’s what I said! Even though I told her hyung got it covered.”
“here you go!” she smiled handing Jason the bag.
“thanks noona!” he said hugging her before walking over to _____ and jiyong.
“thanks for coming today ________! It was nice meeting you! and jiyong-ah… it was nice seeing you again!” she said walking us out the door.
“thank you!” ______ said bowing.
“see you tomorrow!” Jason said waving to her.
“okay! Bye!” kahi waved back.

When we they got into separate cars, they all went out to dinner and headed home waiting for the party tomorrow. Jason dropped her off and walked into the building.

“hello” the guard greeted opening the door for her.
“hello” she greeted back sweetly. “thank you” she bowed before walking to the elevators.
“ohhh ahnyeong miss ______!” the owner smiled upon seeing her walk pass the front counter.
“ahnyeonghaseyo!” she greeted.
“how are you?” he asked.
“im doing great! How about yourself?” she asked.
“im doing great also! Thank you for asking!” he answered. “…did you manage to make up with your boyfriend?” he asked suddenly.
“neh?..” she asked stupidly. “boyfriend?” she repeated.
“neh! that’s handsome young man with the oddly beautiful face”
“handsome young man?... odd beautiful face??...” she thought. “jaejoong?” she said softly.
“yes! That one! He said that you two were quarreling and wanted to surprise you in your room so he asked me for your front door password.”
“so that’s how he’s getting into my apartment!” she thought figuring it out. “uh… yeah, we’re okay now… thank you for asking…if you will excuse me…” she said before leaving.
“sure!... good night!”
“good night” she said back.

Too tired from today, _____ just knocked out on her bed and slept soundlessly throughout the night. Next morning, when she woke up, there was no sign of jaejoong.

“….hmm… wonder what happened to him?” she wondered when her phone rang. “hello?” she said tiredly answering.
“ohhh _______!~” Jason sang. “are you ready for today!??” he asked excitedly.
“ready?... right now?... we’re going right now?” she asked.
“were going somewhere right now but not to the beach yet, that’s later in the afternoon”
“where are we going right now?” she asked.
“you’ll see….” He said smiling.
__________

At the hair salon, Jason was waiting for me to come out from the bathroom because I had to change into my swimsuit I got yesterday.

“come on ______! Its time to go! Hyung keeps calling me! so I told him to take his own car!” he said rushing me.

As soon as I came out, Jason’s eyes lit up and his grin got even bigger when he saw me.

“chingu-yaaaahh!!!” he clapped jumping up and down. “oh my god!... I knew a new hair cut would totally work with this outfit!” he cheekily said.
“… what was wrong with my old hair?” I asked pouting.
“well… since your swim suit is plain… I thought your hair could use a little work. Now you have long beautiful layers! And y loose waves!” he clapped again. “ugh!... I am such a genius!... now come on! We gotta go!” he said dragging out of the salon.

Hours passed as he was driving and we finally made it to jiyong-sshi’s friends birthday party. We pulled up to a gigantic villa next to the beach, which I found later was a private beach, and the parking lot was filled with a lot of nice expensive cars.

“jiyong-sshi must be here already!” I said pointing out his white Bentley.
“wae?? Excited to show him your new look??” Jason asked.
“no… im just saying…”

We got out of the car and went inside with the birthday boys gift and went to find jiyong-sshi.

“hyuuung!~” Jason shouted with a wave as we saw everyone outside in the backyard.

We approached him and he was looking at me strangely.

“about time you got here!” he said getting mad. “…wheres _______? Shes not coming??”
“what are you talking about?? Shes right here!” Jason said pointing to me.
“hi..” I shyly waved.
“______??...wow… you look completely different with your hair done” he smiled.
“is that… good?” I asked.
“sure… but uhmm…” he said having a hard time looking away. “this is the birthday boy…” he said introducing the person behind him. “seunghyun hyung… this is shin ________.”
“hi” I smiled shaking his hand.
“hello…thanks for coming” he smiled back.
“here is your present” I said giving it to him.
“oh, thank you!” he said taking it from me.

Throughout the morning, I hung around jiyong-sshi has he went around introducing me to his other friends while jason was talking to kahi and the other guests at the party.

“seunghyun-ah!” a voice yelled from the villa coming towards us.
“ohhh! Hyung!” he shouted with a wave.
“oh!... jaejoong-sshi” I thought looking at the voice coming from afar. “sooyoung too….”
“excuse me for a minute will you?” jiyong said hurrying to walk away.
“happy birthday!” sooyoung greeted as she walked up to our group with jaejoong.
“thanks you guys! And thanks for coming all the way here!”
“whose this?” sooyoung smiled looking at me.
“ohhh this is Shin ________. Im pretty sure you guys know her already… since she works in the same place as you guys”

Both jaejoong and sooyoung looked at me in disbelief.