Pillow Talk... sorta

Love Was My Mistake

 

Spending a few minutes in the bathroom crying my eyes out, I washed my face with cold water to make the redness go away. When I walked out,

“_______!” siwon said getting up from sitting on the arm on the couch as I was trying to rush outside and hide my face. “_______! Wait a second” he said grabbing my arm.
“…wae?...” I said unable to look at his eyes.
“can we talk for a second?”
“what?...” I asked before he pulled me to the living room.
“…how are you?...” he asked holding both my hands.
“im fine. why?” I asked back taking my hands from his grip.
“liar… your eyes are puffy…”
“so what?... what do you want? I have to get back to the party…”
“its been a while… you still look beautiful”
“3 years to be exact… and thanks”
“______... im sorry”
“its alright… forget it.”
“…you know, its been 3 years since I last saw you...and ive been thinking everyday if I will be able to see you again…and I cant believe your standing right here in front of me right now.”
“… I don’t mean to be rude but… can you get to the point please?”
“…ive missed you a lot ______... can we start over again?”
“what?” I said confusingly. “start over?... what happened to the girl you left me for?” I asked when jason came in looking for me.
“_______! Hey girl! here you are! Theres cake outside! Lets go get some!” he shouted looking at me but then stopped when he saw siwon. “… o0o0o whose this eye candy??” he then whispered.
“him?...” I said taking my eyes off siwon and turning to smile at jason. “… I just met him. This is choi siwon”
“ohhhh… hello!~ im ja-“
“come on! Cake!” I said stopping jason and pulling him out to the back.

Author’s pov

As she was talking to siwon in the living room, what they didn’t know was that they didn’t know just around the corner jaejoong was listening into their conversation. Outside, ________ was starting to be a little different from when she arrived. She interacted with more people and drank a few drinks of mixed liquor and munching on some cake along with jason. From a distance, siwon kept his eyes on her as she went around talking to people with jason and jiyong.

“yah, ______, you okay?” jason asked pulling her aside.
“yeah! Of course! Why!?”
“lets just take this away from you huh…” jason said slowly taking my drink out of my hand.
“whoa…” she cried softly placing my hand on my head.
“whats wrong?”
“dizzy…” she answered lightly shaking my head.
“I think its time to go home” he suggested.
“nonono… im okay…”
“are you okay?” siwon asked coming from behind concerned holding my arms.
“im fine!” she said smacking his hands away. “leave me alone” she said walking away. “DON’T follow me” she ordered kinda harshly directing it mostly to siwon.

She walked away and headed into the villa once again, when she bumped into jaejoong.

“sorry…” she apologized without lifting her head and slowly walked away towards the living room.

Jaejoong followed her and watched her as she sat down and threw her head back resting it on the cushion.

“…are you… okay?” he asked walking up to her.
“im fine. why does everyone keep asking me that?”
“because you don’t look like you are”
“fine… then im not. happy?... god, what time is it?... I gotta get home…” she sighed getting up. “hey do me a favor and tell jason I left?... thanks.”
“tell him yourself.”
“no… I don’t want to bother him while he’s having fun…. Please?”
“fine...” he said turning away.
“wait a second… do you have money I can borrow?... I didn’t bring with wallet or anything with me…”
“money for what?”
“I don’t know… taxi… bus…”
“wearing that? Your gonna ride in a bus? Or taxi? Isn’t that a little dangerous?”
“… better than being here…so, you have money or not?”
“… ill take you…” he offered.
“say what?...”
“ill give you a ride home. Lets go…”
“don’t you want to stay and party?” she asked.
“not really… it feels awkward being here for some reason…” he said as we left quietly without saying good bye to anyone.

On the way to her apartment, _______ was so exhausted and tired from the past week and the whole siwon thing, she fell asleep in the passenger side.

“yah… we’re here…get up” jaejoong said poking her but she didn’t even budge.

Jaejoong sighed shaking his head so he decided to carry her up to her apartment.

“jesus! Your heavy!” he said trying to open her door.

As he was walking in, he accidently hit the right side of her head going in.

“oh !...” he softly cried. “… your not just heavy!... your  a heavy sleeper too!”
“ooww….” She suddenly whined placing her hand on her head.
“sshh ssshh its doesn’t hurt…” he hushed rubbing her head for her.

When he finally walked in and closed the door, he walked straight into the bedroom.

“…can you take me to the bathroom instead?” she asked.
“what the hell?? I thought you were sleeping.”
“no… I wasn’t.”
“then what were you doing?? You can walk yourself then…”
“your almost to my bathroom already, just go throw me in the shower”
“shower?... don’t you want to undress first?” he asked looking at her as she stared back. “don’t get the wrong idea, im just asking.”
“well first of all, im in a swimsuit so it doesn’t matter if it gets wet or not. can you just do it please?”
“what am I? your butler?”
“no, never. just… friends”
“fine…” he complied.

He carefully placed her in the tub and as he walked out, she the shower. She sat there hugging her knees as the water fell and hid her tears. The words siwon asked replayed over and over again, driving her insane.

“can we start over again?”

From those words, started a train of memories finding their way back into her head as her head was throbbing from over thinking and the alcohol she had earlier.

“7:59pm…where is he?” she thought looking at her watch as she read a letter from siwon. “meet me at our favorite restaurant at 7:30pm. I have something I wanted to tell you” the letter read.
“…where the hell is he?”… she wondered sitting by herself at the table siwon reserved for them.

Time passed as she called and texted him but no luck getting a reply from him. By now, it was hitting midnight already and the restaurant had closed before that but she asked to stay an extra hour to wait for him. Way passed closing time, one of the employees came out and kindly asked her to leave. From there she walked back to her dorm room, head hanging wondering what happened to her boyfriend. Walking in her dorm, she the lights and saw siwon in her bed with…her roommate.

Unable to look at the two people in front of her, she ran out with uncontrollable tears. Siwon didn’t even bother to run after and try to explain anything. After that night, ______ managed to finish college with high honors and a degree in business and never saw siwon or her roommate ever again.

Countless minutes have passed and jaejoong is starting to worry about her as he waited outside in the living room for her with an ice pack.

“________-sshi??” he knocked on the bathroom door.

He was getting impatient because its been an hour since shes been in there, so he decided to just barge in to see whats taking so long.

“yah, whats taking so long? The ice melted” he said walking showing her the melted ice pack. “______-sshi!!” he then shouted dropping the pack running towards her turning off the water when he saw her passed out in the tub. “______-sshi!” he shouted lightly hitting her cheeks. “yah! Whats wrong with you??” he said taking a towel and wrapping it around her body, carrying her out, placing her on her bed.

Jaejoong took out his phone and looked through his contacts for his family doctor but she stopped him.

“whatever it is you’re doing, stop… im fine…” she said softly.
“oh my god!” he sighed turning around to face her. “what the hell is wrong with  you today?? Why do you seem so out of it?”
“don’t worry about it…” she said looking at the ceiling.
“… I definitely don’t think your okay. We need to go to the hospital”
“im not going. I said im okay. Ill be fine after I forget this night…”
“… I don’t want to meddle myself into your business but… is it because of that guy you were talking to at seunghyun’s party?” he asked receiving a light nod from her.
“how do you know?” she asked.
“when I was coming from the kitchen, i stopped and ease dropped into your conversation…. Sorry”
“its okay…jaejoong-sshi… can I ask you something? Since you heard our conversation.”
“I guess…”
“… do you think I reacted right when he asked me if we could start over again?”
“… in my opinion?... no. If a guy cause you so much pain for making you act like this, then you should have beat him up or kill him.”
“… I wish… but in a little part of in my heart, I still love him.”
“… what did he do to you that was so bad?”
“… he cheated on me with my college roommate…”
“what??? How sick is that??”
“that’s what I said!” she said sitting up.
“how long have you been going out before he cheated?”
“… I don’t know… like 7-8 years?”
“damn…” jaejoong said feeling sorry for her. “you could have gotten married for going out that long.”
“that’s what I wanted… he was my high school sweetie and through college until that day.”
“what a … guys like him deserve to burn in hell…”
“no right?...” she said looking at him suddenly. “… you sound so much like a girl right now…”
“what??”
“I mean what your saying sounds something like what a girl would say…not that you are a girl…”
“ohh…” he lightly nodded.
“you seem really understanding jaejoong-sshi… your girlfriend sure is lucky to have you. she must love you a lot for it.”
“uhm….yeah…” he said sounding unsure.

Silence fell upon them for a while before her phone rang on her night stand. She picked it up and looked at the caller id.

“jason…” she said softly then silenced it.
“not gonna pick up?” jaejoong asked.
“nah… ill talk to him tomorrow or something.”
“you sure?... hes gonna be worried about you”
“… its okay… he’ll understand…” she said placing her phone aside. “oh man… why does my head hurt so much?” she said placing her hand on her right side of her head.
“… sorry about that, I wasn’t paying attention when I was carrying you in…” he explained.
“you hit my head on the doorway???” she questioned shocked.
“you didn’t know??” he asked back.
“no! I was talking my headache from drinking too much!”
“how can you not know?? You banged it pretty hard! Did you not feel it??”
“obviously not!... oooww…” she pouted rubbing her head. “oh my god!... there’s… there’s a bump!” she cried.
“that’s why I had an ice pack stupid!... wait here ill be right back!” he said running out of the room then bringing back a new ice pack.

He sat down next to her, placing his hand on her chin to make her look at him and gently placed the ice pack on her bump.

“… oh god… it looks like im growing horns” she said looking at her reflection using her phone.
“how did you not feel when you were conscious?” he asked placing the pack around the bump.
“I don’t know…maybe I was thinking too much and didn’t care what happens to me physically…”

When she stopped looking at herself from the reflection off her phone, she looked over to jaejoong who was too busy tending to her bump he made. When his eyes met hers, they blankly stared into each other’s eyes for a few seconds when both their hearts started to beat rapidly.