The Return of Strange Ahjumma

Love Was My Mistake

At the restaurant after our meal, I sat in front of jaejoong feeling awkward since he is my boss’s son and its been forever since I had lunch with another guy except for hyunwoo, grandpa and uncle james.

“….so…” he started. “… how does it feel to be home again?” he asked suddenly.
“…how did you know that I live here?” I questioned back.
“how can I not know?”
“how do you know?”
“can you stop answering my questions with a question??”
“fine…” I said sipping on water. “but to answer your previous question, I love to be home…” I smiled softly. “remind me to thank your dad later for sending me here for this job. I miss home so much”
“dad??... you should really be thanking me instead!” he said proudly.
“why?... what did you do?”
“uh… you know what, never mind…” he said shaking his head. “…since we’re going to be working together, I think we should get to know each other bit a little don’t you think?”
“you?... working?...but hyunjoong said that you never cared about work?”
“…maybe I do care but they don’t know that because they are always busy assuming that I like to party and drink.”
“… don’t you?”
“I do it for sooyoung”
“ohh…” I said nodding my head. “so… why not tell your father that you wanna work at the company?”
dad think he’s always right so im just doing what he thinks I like doing. Im not a bad son like he thinks I am. But one of these days, dad and the company is going to need me and I will surprise them with my abilities.” He said sincerely. “I already own a little business in the city that they don’t know about”
“oh really? Which business?” I asked.
“… you know that chic looking coffee shop on the corner? Black building?”
“… uhm.. I think I know which one you’re talking about…coffee cojjee?”
“yeah that one! That’s my coffee shop”
“no way??... that place is always packed with adults and teens. They have amazing iced teas by the way!”
“yes way and thank you. I opened it up because I love coffee and it’s a place where I can get money when dad kicks me out of the house”
“… geesh… how many times have you been kicked out?”
“… I don’t know… to many to count. Maybe like… 64 times already over the past 3 years?”
“oh my god!... what have you doing that’s getting you kicked out all the time?”
“partying, spending money, drinking, coming home late”
“… so why didn’t you just go and get your own place with sooyoung?”
“uhmm…” he hesitated. “what about you?”
“what about me?”
“living on your own? How does it feel?”
“to tell you the truth… its rather lonely… but since hyunwoo moved in, its been better”
“hyunwoo?... is that like your new boyfriend or something other than that siwon guy?”
“nono, hyunwoo is my best friend forever!” I smiled. “… since we’re on the topic of my place, can I ask a favor?...”
“….uh, sure?”
“…do you mind not popping up in my place anymore? I mean, my friend now lives there and he’s going to find it weird to find me waking up sleeping next to a guy”
“aww no more sleep overs??” jaejoong laughed.
“… im serious and if you still refuse to listen… i already changed the password to my door and I specifically asked the owner to not give out my password to anyone
“…so seriously… no more sleep overs?...” he said sadly.
“yes, no more sleep overs. Go rent a hotel room or something” I instructed.
“i can always go and rent a hotel room or even a mansion but… all that will be for nothing if you don’t have anyone to share it with…”
“but you have a girlfriend… duh! Take her”
“actually… I never told anyone this but I-” he started when his phone rang. “excuse me…” he said taking out his phone to answer.

As he was on the phone, my phone however rang also but it was just a text message.

From: Jason
GIRL! HELP ME! IM IN TROUBLE!

To: Jason
why?? Whats wrong??!

From: Jason
I HAVE A DINNER THAT HYUNG IS MAKING
 ME TO GO TONIGHT!

To: Jason
that’s it?...a dinner?

From: Jason
My Nightmare!... its coming true!
what should I do?????!!!

From: Jason
I really don’t want to go!!! I refuse to go!!

From: Jason
please _______!!? Beg hyung for me!!
I don’t want to gooooo!~

“aigooo! I cant even text him back with all these messages coming from him!” I softly said to myself.

To:Jason

STOP!

I finally got to send a word.

To: Jason
First of all… take a deep breathe and stop freaking out.
Second of all… its just a dinner?
why go crazy over it?

From: Jason
its not just any dinner. Its dinner! At my grandma’s!

To: Jason
So what?... shes family.

From: Jason
ohhhh! She’s not just any family. She’s my father’s mother!

To: Jason
Yeah?... that’s what a grandmother is…

“_______-sshi” jaejoong said catching my attention as another message came to my phone.
“yes?” I answered.
“there’s somewhere I can go be right now. I gotta go” he said getting up grabbing his blazer. “you have a ride back right?...” he said and then just left.
“uhmm… okay…” I said feeling stupid watching him walk away.

From: Jason
Ha!... Ha!... Shin ______...
funny!
I have to talk to you right now!
face to face! Where are you!??

To: Jason
Im in Anyang right now…

From: Jason
what the hell are you doing there?

To: Jason
work…
actually, im on my way back to seoul

From: Jason
Great! Can you swing by my place??

 

Before answering him back, I called mr. kang to come and pick me up and head home. The ride back, I checked my watched to see if I have time to go and talk to Jason so I could go home and celebrate hyunwoo’s first day of work with him.

To: Jason
sure… but only for a little bit.

From: Jason
Yes! Thank you!

 

I arrived at the company around 6pm to get my car and then headed off to jason’s house. As I ran the door and waited, I heard his heavy footsteps running towards the door like a killer was chasing him.

“thank god you’re here!!!” he shouted hugging me before pulling me inside. “its only an hour and a half until the dinner! Here….call hyung and say that I suddenly have the runs and I cant go and you have to take care of me” he said handing me his phone.
“gross!...” I laughed. “what kind of excuse is that? Just tell them that you can’t go.”
“easier said than done!...”
“… can you sorta fill me in here? I don’t understand whats going on…”
“girl!” he said pushing me down on the couch as he quickly sat next to me. “my grandmother is having a dinner and I have to go”
“and like I said before… so what? Shes family. She’s your grandmother for goodness cripes”
“oh, did I mention that I don’t get along with her??”
“..ohhhhhhh…” I then exclaimed suddenly. “why?”
“she doesn’t like the fact that im gay”
“ohhhhhhhh….” I continued as his doorbell rang.
“oh no! its hyung!!”
“go open it!”
“no no!” Jason cried running to his bedroom closing the door.
“I guess… ill open it…” I whispered to myself getting up and heading towards the door.

“hi” I greeted opening the door.
“_______??” jiyong said surprised. “what are you doing here?”
“uhm… im here cause Jason called me here…” I answered as he came in.
“oh…” he nodded. “Kwon Jason!! Get your out here now!!” jiyong shouted startling me.
“aaaahhh! Hyung! I don’t want to go!” he said peeking out from his door.
“you have too! we’re her grandsons!”
“but hyung! She doesn’t even like me! why would I go and have her chew me out for being gay??!”
“to go and show your respects for your elder!” jiyong answered.
“she doesn’t show  me respect…” he pouted coming out.
“you want to show her that you’re a disrespectful grandson? Mom and dad raised you better than that. Just it up for a few hours.”
“I hate when you use that on me…fine, ill go if… if _______ can come with me!” he said holding onto my arm.
“what???” I said shocked from what he just said. “ actually I cant go… I have a thing that I have to do tonight…” I tried to reason.
“come on _______... help me out pleeeease?? Its just for a few hours… or better yet, I can use you as an excuse to leave the dinner early. Come on please please pleeeeease!!” Jason begged.

I sighed and looked at the time.

“… okay, but only for a few minutes”
“yay! A few minutes is all I need!” Jason hollered as he ran to go change.
“…thank you…” jiyong sighed. “I was arguing with him since this morning.”

_________

Authors POV

A few hours earlier, after leaving _____ in Anyang, jaejoong got back to the company and met up with a fumed Sooyoung who was waiting for him in the front of the building.

“sorry im late!” jaejoong apologized.
“ive been waiting for you since I got out, that was three hours ago!” she said pointing at her watch. “where were you?? you weren’t with that country bumpkin _______ were you??”
“of course not… im sorry honey… but it seems that you’re gonna have to wait a few more cause I have to go see dad in his office right now…”
“what the heck??... can’t he wait until you get home to talk to you??” she questioned annoyed.

Even though sooyoung is his girlfriend, he has yet to tell her that he got kicked out of the house about a week ago because he went home in the early morning… drunk.

“actually he said it was urgent and that he needed to talk to me immediately. I promise ill make it up to you later… okay?” he pouted. “anything you want, I promise…”
“…mmm okay…~ if you weren’t so cute, I wouldn’t let you go” she lightly smiled.
“thanks sweetie” he said kissing her cheeks as she puckered her lips. “ill see you!” he said running towards the building.
“oppa! don’t forget that we have dinner with my mom tonight!!” she shouted behind him.
“okay!” he said going through the doors.

Once in the building, he ran towards the elevators and took the next one up. As the doors opened, he ran out of the elevators, running passed hyunjoong who just came out of his office.

“hey hyung! Where you going??”
“cant talk! Gotta meet dad!” jaejoong shouted without stopping.
“… well well well… what do you know… another trackstar…” he smirked.

When his dad’s office door was in front of him, he stopped to catch his breath and asked the secretary if his dad was still in there.

“yes, your father is still here. You can go in now” the secretary instructed.
“hyung! Wait for me!” hyunjoong followed behind closing the door behind them.

The two walked in quietly as jaejoong stood in front of his dad’s desk while hyunjoong took a seat on the couch.

“neh abeoji?” jaejoong asked carefully.

With no words coming out from his dad, he stared at jaejoong then to an electric device in his hand then back to jaejoong.

“…do you have anything to confess before I tell you?...” his dad asked.
“confess?... like what?”
“…like what have you been doing this weekend”
“this weekend?... ohh, I went to seunghyun’s birthday party at his villa?”
“did you… drink?..” his dad asked standing up slowly.
“yes sir…” jaejoong nodded. “but I wasn’t drunk…”
“is that all you did?”
“yes sir” he nodded again.
“damn it jaejoong don’t lie to me!” his father shouted slamming his hands on the desk.
“im not lying! you can ask sooyoung!...if not sooyoung then… you can ask ______!”
“_______??? _______??!” his dad repeated.
“why?? What did I do? You called me here to yell at me for drinking a little bit at my friends birthday party?”
“no! that’s not what I called you here for! I called you here to talk about ________!”
“why?? What does she have to do with me?”
“jaejoong-ah, I thought I raised you better than this! As the son of a powerful man, you have to be able to control yourself!”
“what are you talking about??”
“im talking about this!!” his dad cried throwing the phone at him as jaejoong caught it.

Jaejoong the phone and as it lit up, so did his face.

“w-what?...what the hell is this?? Where did you get it??”
“you are not the type of person to do this jaejoong-ah! Your mother and I raised you better! We taught you to be a gentlemen! But more importantly, how could you do such a thing to _______??”
“what are you talking about??.... are you saying that I slept with her??”
“the picture says it all jaejoong-ah!”
“what….” Jaejoong exhailed angrily. “I didn’t-… actually… I did sleep with her” he lied changing his mind. “is that what you wanted to hear?? If that’s all then… im leaving” jaejoong said storming out.
“hyung!~” hyunjoong shouted from the couch.
____________

photo 01-Courtyard-Elevation1_zps79d3122b.jpg

Pulling into the long beautiful driveway, jiyong, Jason, and ______ stepped out of their cars and was greeted by the maids and butlers that were lined up outside waiting for them.  

“welcome young masters” they bowed to the boys.
“this is ______! Shes my friend! Say hello!” Jason smiled looping his arm with mine.
“Ahnyeonghaseyo miss ________” they then greeted me.
“Madam is in still her room waiting for your arrival” the head maid informed. “I will let her know that you have  arrived.” She bowed before leaving.
“come on!” Jason said pulling me inside as I was stunned by my surroundings.

We went inside and was greeted by the high ceiling with a gorgeous chandelier hanging above.

“…this is your grandmas place?...” I whispered.
“sure is… this lady has such old taste” he said as my eyes wandered around.
“hey… I have to go to the bathroom… can you kindly direct me the restroom?”
“ohh sure… you take this hall way here..” he pointed. “then make a left, walk down that hall, then make a slight right and it should be on the left side…it’s a big bathroom, you wont miss it!”
“okay…” I nodded. “take the hall…” I softly spoke to myself as I tried to find the bathroom. “make a left… down the hall…then slight right…left side…” I finished stopping in front of a room and opened it.

When I walked in, it wasn’t the bathroom that’s for sure. But it turned out to be a room filled with CD’s and old records. With a stereo and a record player neatly placed against the wall and a a white grand piano in the center of the room blending in with the floor, walls and ceiling.

“woooooooooooow….” I said in awe and entered the room.

I sat down on the piano and looked at the white and black keys in front of me, remembering the past.

“maybe for old time sake…” I said to myself and started to play and sing one of my favorite songs of all times.

My Memory 
modu gio-khae-yo ku sun-gan 
nunul kamumyon 
aju chagun ildo 
bo-ineyo 
You're far away 
tahul su omnun gose 
saranghandanun maldo 
kidarin-danun maldo haji mothago

My Memory At that moment I remembered it all
When I see those memories they seem so small..
You're far away in a place that I can't reach
I can't wait for these words of love to be said.

“im sorry miss.. you cant be in here…” a voice then said causing me to stop immediately.
“ohh! Im sorry! I was looking for the bathroom!” I got up and bowed to apologize. “ but then I found this place and it’s such a beautiful room and i-“
“oh! its you!” the lady interrupted as I slowly looked up.
“oh! ahjumma!” I stared shocked.
“grandma! Here you are!” jiyong smiled coming up from behind.
“g-g-grandma??....” I stuttered.
“you two met already?” jiyong asked.

___________________

another update for you guys :D
hope you enjoyed reading it and if your wondering whyyyyy
i bolded jaejoong's word at the top, its because its important to know that part 
and then when you read how he said yes he slept with _______ aka "" her, he's agreeing to it 
because his father always sees him in a bad light but really our jaejoongie isnt a bad boy.
his father just thinks he is because of the 'constant' partying. 

Hopefully that made sense to you lol 
anyway, thank you for reading! good night!