Jason's Constant Questioning

Love Was My Mistake

 

When I finished work that day, Jason was already waiting outside for me so we could go to dinner, probably with a million questions to ask.

“ahnyeong oppa…” I greeted as I got in the car. “thanks for picking me up”
“no problem girl” he replied back driving to the usual restaurant. “ah!~” he said suddenly causing me to slightly jump. “… here” he said handing me about a hundred bucks.
“… whats this for?” I asked looking at it.
“your money…”
“huh?...”
“hyung wanted to give you back the fifty bucks you spent this morning at the store buying that shirt and the fifty bucks you left at the table the first time I took you out to dinner, member?” he asked.
“ohhh!... I was helping out with the bill! Why didn’t you use it?”
“I told you dinner was free that last time member! Jiyong hyung paid! Now take your money my arms getting tired!” he bickered.
“…but if I take it back ill feel bad…”
“don’t… now here!”
“… I don’t like taking things for free…” I uttered.
“yah… shall I give this money to jiyong hyung so he could give to you instead?”
“ahni… that would feel weird…”
“then take it” he said taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at me.
“… fine…” I pouted as I slowly reached for it.

As we reached we reached the restaurant, my phone vibrated as we were walking in.

“neh?... yeobosaeyo?” I picked up.
“yah! Chingu-yah!!!” hyunwoo shouted.
“anhyeong oppa” I smiled. “whats up?”
“temp. CEO? Seriously?? Why didn’t you tell me??”
“… I don’t know… I didn’t think it mattered.” I shrugged.
“wahh…but anyway thanks for hiring me! this is the greatest day ever!”
“your welcome! But hey… lets keep us being friends a secret for a while okay?... cause if everyone knew that I hired you because your my friend… who knows what will happen… i or you could possibly get fired.”
“oh sure! No problem… my lips are sealed boss!”
“did yoochun-sshi or junsu-sshi tell you when you were starting?”
“they said the sooner the better but ill probably start in two or three days cause I gotta move my stuff to seoul and settle in but first I gotta find me a place to stay.”
“oohh… that’s great! Hey!... I have an idea… you should come stay with me for a while until you save money and move out… but the thing is that you might have to sleep on the couch”
“sure!... sounds good!”
“yay!” I smiled. “ill text you the address okay?... cause right now I gotta go… im about to have dinner with some friends…sorry I cant be with you to celebrate your new employment…”
“its okay, im heading home right now as we speak. I gotta go tell my parents about it!”
“…home… I miss it…” I pouted.
“home misses you too chingu-yah… everyone here is asking about you and why your not around…mr.han is waiting for more free rice cakes” hyunwoo laughed.
“aww… mr. han…” I said thinking about my life before. “… ill probably visit real soon… if im not to busy…but I gotta go now… see ya!”
“okay… bye!”

Authors POV

With that being said, she hung up my phone and joined Jason and jiyong-sshi in the VIP room.

“well princess, nice of you to finally join us” Jason said sarcastically.
“sorry… I had to talk with a friend really quick… Ahnyeong jiyong-sshi…” she greeted before sitting down.
“hey…” he sweetly smiled.

Jason cheekily grinned at the two because he knows for sure that jiyong likes his friend.

“soooooo… _______, hyung took the liberty to order our food since we took a while to get here. What do you think?”
“ohh… sorry…” she said apologizing to him. “the work today was just so much. I tried to finish as fast as I could… even with the help of my secretary.”
“no no… its okay, you don’t have to apologize. You have to do what you have to do…. I just hope what I ordered is to your liking” jiyong smiled.
“anything would be fine… im not picky” she smiled back.

Jiyong finally caught attention of his dorky smiling brother, jiyong’s smile disappeared.

“soooo hyung… I was thinking… since we’re heading to the beach this weekend for your friends small birthday party… mind if invite _______ along with us?... I don’t want to be a loner at the party…”
“…sure, I would love for her to come”
“how about it _______?? Wanna go??” Jason then turned to ask her.
“uhm… sure?”
“yaaaay!~” Jason clapped. “it’s a beach party so make sure to bring you swimsuit!”
“… actually I don’t… own one…” she said feeling embarrassed. “back home… for the beach, I just wore shorts and a tank top”
“awww pooey!...thats just not acceptable!... we’re gonna have to go buy you one!... how about it jiyong hyung?” Jason asked his brother immediately.
“…w-why do I h-have to go?...”
“ we need a guys honest opinion on which one she’ll look good in… duh!”
“… uh… i… I cant!... im too busy!” he tried reasoning.
“then when are you not busy??” Jason asked.
“I don’t know… after work I guess…”
“ha! Then we can go after you finish work tomorrow!”
“I don’t think I would need one… im more comfortable in shorts and a tan top anyway…”
“______!ssshhh!... we’re gonna buy you one and you must wear it!” Jason hushed her.
“but, I don’t wanna wear one…”
“but you have too! it’s the beach! You cant just simply wear shorts and a tank top. You have to make a statement with what you wear! Especially at the beach and people around! Trust me ______, im a stylist.” Jason nodded.
“but I don’t-“
“shhh! Ssshh!... tomorrow swim suit shopping it is…” he clapped. “with jiyong hyung”

After our dinner, again jiyong-sshi took care of the bill and we went our separate ways. As Jason was on the way to drop me off at her apartment, something got me thinking.

“uh… oppa… come to think of it… I don’t really wanna go home…”
“uh?...why? whats wrong?”
“… its just that….” She stalled. “I don’t want to go home yet”
“oh?... so what do you wanna do then?”
if I go home, I know somehow, someway, jaejoong is gonna be there…” she thought. “mind taking me out to the shops and market really quick right now?... I promise ill pay for your gas!” she grinned.
“sure.” He said turning the car around.

In the shops, she picked up new clothes for work and at the market, she picked up a packet of toothbrushes, a doorknob complete with tough sturdy lock, and some more tooth paste.

“why are you buying all this?...” he said looking in her basket of items. He then caught a glimpse of the packet of toothbrushes.

“ahh! That’s right!... I forgot to ask you… what was with this morning?” he asked.
“this morning?... I told you already, there was an accident at work so I had to buy another shirt”
“no no no… not that one… the one this morning, before we left for work.”
“… ohh… you mean-“
“yes… what was that fine young thing doing in your room this morning?” he asked again crossing his arm.
“jason… you have to trust me when I say… I have no idea…”
“what??” he scoffed. “he was in your room… you guys were doing something” he said wiggling his brows at me.
“mwoh??... its not what you think… i just woke up this morning and there he was!... jincha!”
“…ayyy… don’t worry… I wont judge you just tell me” he grinned.
“im serious!... im still puzzled on how he got in…” she said scratching her head.
“aigoo…” Jason sighed patting her on the head. “ your going through a lot arent you?... I say you have your own stalker”

Leaving the shops and finally going back to her apartment, she asked Jason to stay awhile, until she finished installing her new doorknob on her bedroom door.

“can you do me a favor oppa?... while im doing this, can you check around to see if anything is suspicious like… if anyone has been in here?”
“uh… sure… I guess…” he said getting up from the couch and walking around.

He checked the kitchen, the bathroom, the balcony, the livingroom, her closet and bathroom and lastly her bedroom.

“doesn’t seem like anything is wrong…” he said standing next to her.
“okay! Thank you!” she smiled putting in her new doorknob on her bedroom door.
“how do you know how to do all that?”
“do what?...oh, this??... grandpa taught me how. The only hard part would be making a perfect hole on the door.”
“cool… then that means your such a handy man” Jason joked.
“I guess” she shrugged.
“the prettiest handy man ive ever seen…”
“nah… im not that pretty…” she said screwing in the last screw.
“don’t be so  modest!” he said smacking the back of her shoulder.
“oww…” she grimaced. “im not being modest… its true. I don’t think im pretty at all…”
“oh puhleaze! Ive been to your hometown before… all the boys there LOVE you!”
“yeah?... but I don’t know why…” she said trailing off. “done!” she clapped then tried it out. “oppa… try coming in!” she commanded as Jason stepped outside of her door as she locked and closed it.
“nice job girl!~… now open this door back up” he said as she did so. “… so why are you putting a lock on this door anyway… you’re the only one living here…”
“oh… just some… pre-precautions…”
“for what?...”
“for something…” she shrugged with a smile.
“your so secretive about everything…” he scoffed. “well… I gotta get going, its getting late im sure you would like to get some sleep.”
“after today… im dying for some sleep!”
“I figured you would… alrighty then sweetie!... see you later!” he said turning around giving me hug by the door.
“thanks for today!” she said hugging him in return. “…and I think you don’t have to pick me up from work anymore… I can take myself.”
“awwwww!... whhhhhyyyyyy????”
“I feel like im burdening you that’s all”
“yeah right… its cause you probably don’t want me to see you with that jaejoong kid here right??”
“no!~ really!... I don’t want to bother you in the morning”
“oh! trust me! im not bothered at all!...then ill see you tomorrow morning! Bye!” he said rushing out the door without letting her reply back.

End of pov

After locking the front door, I headed off to my bedroom and straight into the bathroom to take a shower.

“try and get in now…” I whispered coming out from the bathroom to sit on my bed. I the tv and watched it until my hair dried then fell asleep with the tv on. At some points, there were times, I still heard the tv still going on but was too lazy to move to turn it off. At other times, I fell deep asleep. It was around 3am when I decided to reach around for the remote.

“yah… where are you touching?...” a voice asked.
“remote…where?...” I asked it tiredly.
“next to your head on the left side…”
…wait a second… somethings not right…” I thought slowly and lazily opening my eyes.

With eyes heavy, I looked to the right and saw his face right next to mine.

“yah! Jaejoong-sshi!!” I shouted quickly sitting up. “geeez! What the hell are you doing in here??? How did you get in here?? Again!”
“ pipe down!... don’t you see im trying to sleep… I was having such a nice y dream too…”
“you…” I said staring at him before turning on the lamp. “excuse me!” I said poking him. “hello?~ excuse me!... im sorry to say this but im gonna have to kick you out…”
“like to see you try…” he sleepily smirked.
3:30am… and im up doing this …” I thought feeling even more tired thinking about it. “forget it…im too tired to fight and argue with you. we can talk in the morning… I guess…” I said placing two pillows vertically to keep us separated.

“your no fun at all… I came here to mess around with you and your just gonna go to sleep just like that??” he said without moving an inch.
“I have no energy right now…” I said lying down after turning off the light and the tv.
“yah…” he said poking me. “lets play something”
“noo!~ go to sleep while im being nice!” I said smacking his hand.
“come on!~ don’t be a loser… lets play something… I cant sleep now because someone was touching my… dare I say… below my waist trying to find the remote…” he huskily chuckled.
“…well how the hell am I supposed to know?...”
“for that your gonna pay…” he said as I felt the bed move.
“what are you doing now?....geez stay still… im trying to sleep…”
“yah!...” he then shouted then a pillow came down hard on my face.
“owwwww!!” I cried out. “yah.. what the hell??...” I said as he continued to hit me with the pillow. “cut it out! I have work in like 4 hours!”
“did you forget?... you can go in whenever you want to… you’re the CEO for this week” he reminded still continuing to hit me. “come on! Play with me!” he laughed as I angrily sat up then he finally stopped… for the moment.
“what are you doing?? I don’t want to play pillow fight with you… I don’t even want you to be here! Now go to sleep or im calling security!” I warned before the pillow whacked me on the face again.
“come on!... just 1 round…” he chuckled as I harshly sighed.

Reaching around for his pillow to take it away, I grabbed the pillows I used as a barrier and used it to quickly and roughly hit him with it.

“whoooa!” he said falling off the bed as I started laughing.
“satisfied??... now go to sleep…” I said replacing it back in the middle.
“holy your strong!” he said getting back in the bed. “I want a rematch!”
“no!! no more pillow fights! No more rounds! No more games! Its sleep time!”
“…fine… fine...” he said lying down. “…good night…” he said suddenly but didn’t receive a word back from me. “must have fallen asleep already… you must be exhausted from today…”he finished before closing his eyes.