The Party

Love Was My Mistake

A few months later, my career was starting up again. Hopefully, this time it doesn't take a turn for the worse like before. What a ride that was! Nowadays, dad has been performaning at shows along with me every now and then. I've never seen him so happy. He said that it felt like a dream to be on one stage with his daughter. As for grandpa and uncle James, they keep their distance from the big city while supporting me from home. Since he knows this is gonna be a stable career for me, grandpa approves of me, finally, for being in this industry. Which made me very happy as well. Another thing, I've been hanging out with mom too, when I have the time. Nothing is better than having a happy family right? 
"hello?" I picked up the phone while waiting for my photoshoot with Jiyong. 
"_____? you'll be back early today right? you promised my dad."
"if jiyong-sshi allows me to leave then I can" I said loudly for Jiyong oppa to hear. 
"if you hurry up and get off the phone, you can leave after!" Jiyong laughed. 
"neh neh!" I nodded. "well you heard him Hyun joong. I have to go" I smiled. 
"okay, see you soon!" 
When our phone call ended, I rushed to the set and finished the session. At around 7pm, I arrived at the estate. 
"hello Miss" the maids greeted. 
"young master directed us to take you to the room" 
"I can't go greet the elders first?" I questioned.
"the young master specifically said once you arrive to take you to the room immediately." 
"ohh... okay" I said following them up the stairs. 
Instead of going to the normal room, they were leading me towards the opposite direction. 
"where are we going?" I asked to make sure. "aren't we suppose to be going that way?" I said pointing behind us as they shook their heads. 
When we got to the room, they opened the door and had me go in. 
"the young master had this room prepared for you. Anything you might need is here."
"I told him not to go so glamourous on it" I mumbled to myself.  "ah! where is your young master anyway?"
"don't worry miss, you will be able to see him soon"
With that said, they left the room to give me privacy. Some time later, I was done getting ready and a maid came in. 
"are you ready?" she asked. 
"uhmm... I think so" I nodded. I brushed my dress taking away any creases and bumps before following the maids out of the room. Coming out of the room and walking towards the stairs, I saw Jaejoong coming out of his room and towards the stairs as well. 
"hey" he greeted me. 
"hey" I greeted back. 
"ready?" he held out his hand. 
"yep" I said walking down the stairs ignoring his hand. 
He scoffed before follwing me grabbing my hand on the way down. 
"did I tell you you look absolutely stunning this even?" he leaned in whispering. 
"you just did" 
_________________
Outside in the garden, the elders as well as some guests were mingling enjoying the beautiful weather. I greeted all the elders and some familiar faces before I saw Chaerin. 
"chaerin ah!" I shouted seeing my old secretary. 
"unni! your finally here!" she hugged me. 
"of course, I wouldn't miss this" I smiled. 
"thanks unni" she smiled back. 
"where is hyun joong?" I asked looking around. 
"he's talking to some guests over there" she pointed. 
"ohhh" I nodded.
"congratulations sister in law" jaejoong hugged her.
"thank you" she bowed. 
"are you sure you wanna be a Kim?" I asked her. "because your gonna have this" I said pointing to jaejoong, "as an in law. And you don't want that, do you?" I said as she laughed.  
"hi hyung! hello _______! your finally here. what are you guys talking about to my fiancé?" he said swinging his arm around her waist.
"______ is tryna make me seem like I would be a bad in law!" Jaejoong ratted. "have you not seen your engagement gift I got you! you'll be surprised!" he added. 
"I did no such thing!" I argued back. 
"are you guys still arguing?" hyun joong grinned. 
"he started it" I pointed to Jaejoong. 
"what did you do this time?" 
"you dont need to know" jaejoong told his brother.
"I'll tell you!... Your brother here is accusing me of cheating on him just because Kim Woo Bin and I went to Hawaii for a photo shoot and uploaded a friendly picture on social media" 
"aren't you a little too old to be getting jealous of your girlfriend hyung? I mean... she is a famous singer afterall"
"be quiet! you don't know anything"
"how are you ever gonna get married if you live like this?" Chaerin suddenly questioned. 
"simple... Don't ever get married. Duh!" I answered.
"yaah, you don't mean that...right?" 
I shrugged and walked away like nothing happened. Truthfully, I'm not mad. I just love seeing his jealousy. And he should know by now how much I love him. I mean look at everything we went through together. I walked around and saw Jiyong and Jason sitting at one of the tables. I talked with them for a while until Jaejoong came over and grabbed my hand. 
"come with me" he said pulling me.
"where are you taking me?" I asked as he pulled me along. 
He dragged me all the way to the living before turning to look at me. 
"I know what your doing"
"...what am I doing?"
"your tryna make me jealous by talking to jiyong"
"why would I try to make you jealous? Jiyong oppa is one of my best friends. I was just talking to him and Jason. Stop being silly."
"if I stop being silly, will you forgive me?" he hugged me.
"i dont know..." I shrugged.
"I haven't seen you in about a week. We've only been texting and having short calls. Didn't you miss me?" 
"I don't know" I shrugged again.
"Is 'I don't know' the only thing you know how to say right now?" he squeezed me tight. 
"I don't know" I giggled.
"since your smiling, I'll take that as your no longer mad at me"
"I can't stay mad at my joongie bear... afterall, I need someone to buy me delicious food" I laughed. "if not you, who else would do it?"
"is that all I'm good for? buying you food?" he questioned. 
"yup... feeding me, buying me refreshing drinks and keeping me healthy." I nodded.
"Nice to know that I'm acting more like a sponsor than a boyfriend" he grinned. 
"well that's not all. You keep me safe with all the extra security at the apartment you provided. You also keep me sane, you help me through my days when I feel sad and you love me like no one else has. Your my joongie bear"
"yooo! ______! Joongie bear! time for cake!" yoochun came out from around the corner. 
"I had no idea jaejoong hyung was so cheesy" Junsu laughed standing next to him.
"what are you guys doing here?? Me and my girlfriend are having a private convsersation and you two just in!"
"yeah yeah... joongie bear, let's go!" Yoochun brushed him off.
"yah! don't call me that! only ______ is allowed to call me that! don't go around saying that to other people either! No one is suppose to know that name!"
"you guys have weird pet names" Junsu said thoughtfully. 
"that doesn't leave this room" jaejoong warned. 
"hey hey, joongie bear lets go!" Mr. Kim laughed from the other side of the room. "hyun joong is waiting for us!"
"who came up with joongie bear?" Mrs. Kim followed behind.
"OH MY GOD" jaejoong hid his face. 
"I did" I proudly raised my hand. 
"and he responds to that?" his mom asked. 
"surprisingly, yes!" I laughed.
"who would have thought?... our cold son would respond to something so cute like joongie bear" Mrs. Kim nodded with a smile. 
"I don't wanna hear anymore!" Jaejoong rushed out of the room plugging his ears.
______________________________
Back outside, we feasted on food and dessert as the night ticked on. I sat by myself by the fireplace yawning remembering that I woke up for a few interviews for a couple of websites. Some of the guests have left leaving most of their friends and family. Including my family. 
"hey baby..."jaejoong walked up to me.
"heeeey..." I responded tiredly. 
"what are you doing here by yourself?" he asked sitting on the rim of fireplace.
"taking a break. Why?" 
"tired?"
"yeah" I nodded as he looked around. "what's wrong?" 
"There's something I wanted to give you..." he said hesitantly.
"what is it?"
From his pocket, he pulled out something that I have seen before.
"hey, it's your mom's first ring your dad ever gave her...why do you have it?"
"I want to give it to you of course. I know your career is kicking off again so I won't ask you to marry me...just yet. And I know that if I ask for your hand in marriage, your boss will definitely flip out. So... instead, I want to give you this as a promise ring. A ring to remind you that one day I do want to marry you. To remind you that I will buy a ring worthy enough to be on this finger..." he said slipping it onto to my hand. He waited for an answer as I stared at the ring.
"uhm..." I started. "...you just...put a ring on my finger..." 
"yeah?" he said confused. "will you accept it?..."
"whoaa... I have a ring on my finger" I smiled with a little tears forming in my eyes.
"is that a yes?" he asked wanting me to confirm.
"yes, I accept" I grinned jumping into his arms.
"yaaaaay!!~" Hyun Joong cheered with Chaerin as everyone came out from hiding.
"now I have two daughter in laws!" Mrs. Kim hugged me. 
"welcome to the family!" Mr. Kim hugged me after. 
"Congratulations!" Junsu and Yoochun joined. 
"my daughter!" my dad hugged me. 
"Congrats chingu!" 
"thanks hyun woo! thank you everyone!"
"On with the celebration!" Mr. Kim shouted. "more wine for everyone!" he walked away ordering the staff.
From being strangers to co-workers to drinking buddies to boyfriend and girlfriend and now my future husband. 


“how dare you! Watch where your going! Pick it up!” he shouted. “excuse me?” I confusingly looked at him. “pick it up!” he demanded pointing to his phone that was on the ground. “pick. It. Up.”

 
 You got kicked out of your own house?? And so out of all places you came here??...how did you even know where I live??” I asked to see that he knocked out after finishing his explanation. “yah!... jaejoong-sshi! Wake up! You cant stay here!! Leave right now!!”


“…are you really crying?” he softly asked.
“what do you think??” she angrily questioned showing him her palms that were lightly bleeding and her ankle that was badly red from the friction and dark from the bottom of his shoe.
 
“… im sorry…” he sincerely apologized as she returned into her previous position. 

Jaejoong looked around not knowing what to do. All he did was scratch his head. 

“… im really really sorry… if you get up… uhm… ill buy you some ice cream?…” he said crouching down next to her. 

All that was heard coming from her was her muffled sniffles. A few seconds later, she looked at him with a soft pouty face. 

“…what flavor?…” she asked as jaejoong smiled at her suddenly cuteness.
“… any flavor you want…”
“… how many scoops?…”
“as many as you want…”
“in a cup or cone?....”
“…whatever you want…”
“….okay…” she sniffled then stood on her foot as they walked to his car with jaejoong as her aide. 

 

"I talked to my mom and discovered that…I love you too” I said as he blinked at me. “im sorry? say that again?” he chuckled. “…I love you, you idiot! Open your ears!”

 

"I have one question though?... how did you get my dad to agree to this? He still hates you for calling him an old ert" I laughed.
"uhhh" jaejoong mumbled nervously. "well save that story for another day" he chuckled. 
"okay" I nodded. "thank you joongie bear, I love you"
"no problem... i love you too baby" 

_____________________________________________________________
Had to end this story quickly lol it only took about 3 years to end it lol 
and i just realized it took that long too! I am so sorry guys lol I ended it abruptly cause i don't remember the story any more lol so whatever went on with sooyoung and donghae and whoever else there was... I just have to say pay no mind to them! SORRRY!!!!!!
thanks for sticking around and reading! loooove ya'll!!
bye bye!!~~~~~ Good night!