Moving In

Love Was My Mistake
His father and hyunjoong stood on their feet and stared at the two of us like we were crazy.
 
“what??” president kim and hyunjoong shouted together. “married??”
“sister-in-law!” hyunjoong came and held my hand. “so glad that your going to be apart of this family!” he then hugged me.
“no” I said shaking my head. “I was going to say that we-”
“want to get married!” jaejoong said covering my mouth as I tried to remove it. “right sweetie??… of course you do cause you love me so much but you didn’t want to let my father know cause your afraid of what he might think right?… ohh, I know baby I know!” he said hugging me along with hyunjoong. 
“this is so sudden jaejoong-ah.” his father said in a daze. “…is it because she’s… pregnant?” he asked cautiously.
 
My eyes widen at the word pregnant and continuously shook my head. Getting frustrated that his hand was still over my mouth, I quickly bit it.
 
“aahhh!” jaejoong let out.
“nooooo! Sir, im not preg-mmmm!” I said with his hand covering my mouth once again.
“ohhhhh hyung congratulations!” hyunjoong hugged his brother as jaejoong awkwardly smiled at his younger brother. 
“come on sweetie, lets go prepare for our wedding hmm??” he smiled at me dragging me out the room. 
“wait!…” his father said with knitted brows as he stared at us for a while before saying something else. “… I have to call your mother!” he smiled. 
“WHAT???” I angrily thought. 
“great dad! You do that! We’re going go look for a wedding hall and things down that road… see ya!” jaejoong casually waved as he got me out the door. 
 
Back in his office,
 
“are you out of your mind?!??!?! Why didn’t you just tell him the truth??? You just made the situation worse than what it was before!”
“sorry! I panicked!” 
“oh my god! Your so stupid!! Did you ever think about whats going to happen to me? To you? To sooyoung??… oh my god, shes gonna come kill me for sure. You have to let her know before word gets out that we we’re getting married.”
“crap! Your right!… I have to call her…” he said taking out his cellphone. “but shes going to be complete furious!”
“good luck with that. I gotta go!” 
“where?”
“to Anyang”
“I thought everything was already done.”
“no, acutally today im going to be going into the site and supervising from there”
“that’s a little dangerous don’t you think?”
“so what? I think whats more dangerous is your girlfriend don’t you think?” I emphasized.
“sooyoung-ah!… sweetie, hey uhm, listen theres something that I have to tell you” he said over the phone. “can you come to my office right now?… alright, ill see you in a bit… I love you too. Bye”
“bye” I waved walking to the door.
“wait, you have to stay and explain this to her too”
“why me? You’re the one that started it”
“she might think somethings going on between us if your not here to explain too”
“…fine, but better make this quick. Mr. Kang is waiting for me downstairs.”
 
A few minutes later, a knock came to the door and she came in with a smile but when her eyes saw me sitting at the table, her smile quickly disappeared. 
 
“honey… what is she doing here?” she pointed going towards jaejoong giving him a peck on the lips. 
“sit down first… theres something that we have to explain to you”
“explain?… what do you have to explain?? Are you going to tell me that your breaking up with me and going to her??” she questioned getting upset. 
“no no no…” jaejoong said sitting next to her. “me and _______, we talking with dad and said that we’re getting married…”
“WHAT??? MARRIED?? “
“I know but its not what it seems… I just said that so my dad would get off my back about us…” he said holding her hand. 
“did she put you up to this??” she said glaring at me.
“…no, this was my fault. It accidentally slipped out of my mouth…”
“look, to put it quickly and simply, your boyfriend said that we’re getting married cause he’s scared less of his dad. And to get things straight, no I don’t like jaejoong and no I wasn’t going to steal him from you and no I was never interested in him. Im sure this little “wedding” isn’t going to be a big deal anyway. Its not like we’re really going to get married. I barely know the guy and he’s not someone I love so just know that. Miss Sooyoung, he is all yours to have and to hold okay? Now I really have to go.” I said walking out.
 
Authors POV
 
Walking out, _______ could hear sooyoung whining and complaining to jaejoong that she didn’t like the idea of the two of them getting married. So she took the elevators down to the lobby and walked outside to meet mr. kang. 
 
“mr. kang…” she said as he was driving.
“yes miss ______”
“may I ask you something?”
“sure” he smiled.
“I have this friend… and this friend of mine has one other friend that she likes but isn’t sure how he feels. He’s extremely nice and well mannered but also there’s another guy that she likes. But it feels like she cant like him because he has a girlfriend.”
“sounds like a real dilemma your friend has.”
“…you have no idea…what should she do?”
“well miss ______, your friend should figure out what the guy she likes thinks about her first. If he has any interest in her before taking it to the next step. And as for the other guy who has a girlfriend… I think its best if she didn’t keep him in mind because he is already taken and your friend could create some unwanted arguments between them.”
“…mmm…” I nodded. “thanks mr. kang, ill be sure to let her know that before she makes a mistake.”
__________
 
After work, she had asked mr. kang to drive by her grandpa’s house to pay him a visit before she headed back home for a long and frustrating day. She stayed and talked for a while with her grandpa and uncle james before leaving. 
 
“any news from dad yet?” she asked as they were heading to the front door.
“your father emailed me last week saying that he landed in Germany for his first concert there.” her grandpa answered. 
“that’s good…” she nodded. “what about mom?…”
“…nothing…” he said shaking his head. “you don’t need to worry about your mother. Its been ages since she got in contact with me when she left us with her new husband so don’t worry about it…” he said patting her on the back as she walked away.
“alright grandpa… I have to go. Ill be back tomorrow and ill bring you some delicious food from Seoul okay?” she waved from the car window. 
“ill be waiting. And don’t forget the soju!” her grandpa laughed. 
“your not allowed to drink!” 
“says who?”
“the doctor!”
“ohh well! Drive safely mr. kang” he then said waving to him.
“I will. Thank you and good night sir…” he bowed before running to the drivers side.
“byyyyye grandpa!” she shouted as the car took off.
 
“your grandpa’s home is very lovely miss ______. Its nice and big and its so open to nature”
“thank you…. that’s how grandpa likes.” she said going over the construction blueprint. 
 
Almost three hours passed and she finally looked up from what she was doing and noticed that mr. kang wasn’t going towards the way of the company. 
 
“mr. kang… you missed the exit to the company…” she informed in case he forgot.
“I know…” he sweetly smiled.
“oh…. So where are we going?”
“well you see… while you were visiting your grandpa, Chairman Kim had called me and said to bring you straight to his home after work.”
“did he say why?”
“he said that you’ll know when you get there.”
“uhmm… okay” she nodded not understanding the situation. 
 
When they finally arrived at the Kim’s estate, mr. kang opened her door and she saw a big white van parked right next to her. 
 
“there she is! My daughter-in-law!!” mrs. Kim shouted running towards her to give her a hug.
“…uhm… ahnyeonghaseyo mrs. Kim…” ______ said strangely.
“no more mrs. Kim. Its mom from now on okay??”
“that’s right!… and its dad from now on…” mr. kim said popping out from no where.
“… whats going on?” she asked. 
“…. welcome home!!” they both shouted stretching their arms out towards their house.
“… Im sorry?… what?” 
“you live here now…” she heard jaejoongs voice from behind his parents. 
“yep yep! With my son back in the house and with my new daughter in law, everything is just perfect now!” mrs. Kim clapped happily. 
“I can’t live here. We’re not even-”
“uh! Lets go check out your new room honey!” jaejoong interrupted and pulled me along. “if you don’t want to ruin your boss’s happiness, I suggest you play along…” jaejoong roughly whispered to me as we entered the house and went up to his room. 
 
We walked in and she was taken by shock as to how big his room was. 
 
“holy snaps…” she said looking at his room. “your entire room is almost as big as my apartment!… wait a second… why do you have my clothes?… why do you have my pictures?…”
“the maids were putting it away on your side of the closet and dad had hyunjoong go to your apartment and apparently found your friend there who was confused by the whole thing and let him and the maids go in and take your stuff. At first he was against it but eventually let hyunjoong and the maids in after explaining our marriage to him.”
“what the hell?? I have an apartment to pay for and I cant leave my friend by himself. Besides, I thought this marriage thing was a joke.”
“to us it’s a joke, but to my parents and everyone else it’s the real deal.”
“this is exactly why I wanted to explain everything to them. But noooooo, mr. I’m-too-scared-of-letting-my-dad-know-the-truth didn’t want too. I can’t live here with you…”
“you have no other choice.”
“then im going to make another choice… ill sneak out while your parents are sleeping and go back to my apartment. Problem solved. We don’t have to be in the same room together nor do we have to sleep with each other. ”
“how are you going to get home? Your car isn’t here. Its still at work.”
“ill take a cab, ill walk, ill hitch hike but just know that im not living here.”
“whats so wrong with staying here? You’ll have everything you need. You got maids and butlers here. Food, water, electricity. What else do you need??” he asked.
“it doesn’t feel right being here. You don’t like me, I don’t like you. So let me just go home and we can figure this out another day.”
“how are you going to leave?”
“I don’t know… just say that we’re going somewhere and your dropping me off. I want to go home… I don’t belong here… sooyoung does…”
______________
sorry guys had to end it here cause i have to be somewher right now
ill update again later tomorrow or something...
thanks for reading! :D