The Birthday Party Part 2

Love Was My Mistake

 

“hi…” I said from my lounge chair.
“at least you look decent now…” sooyoung scoffed as I noticed jaejoong hasn’t taken his eyes off me. “come on honey, I want a drink” she said pulling him along to the table of refreshments.
“yeah…” he said softly still looking away as he was being pulled.
“seunghyun-sshi… I think im gonna go find jason now… excuse me” I said getting up as he nodded.

“jason!” I softly cried running up to him. “let me borrow your shirt!”
“why?”
“uhm…” I stalled. “its getting cold. Please?”
“ohh sure…” he said taking off his plaid long sleeve shirt and handing it to me.
“thanks” I said putting it on.

The truth was that I was feeling uncomfortable with all the eyes looking at me. Few minutes later, I noticed that jiyong-sshi wasn’t around.

“looking for something?” jason asked as he caught me with my wandering eyes.
“…yeah… your brother isn’t around…”
“im sure hes here somewhere…. Why?” he then asked cheekily.
“nothing…” I replied thinking about how he rushed away earlier. “im gonna go get something to drink…” I lied walking away.

I made my way to the drink table and grabbed a glass before walking in the direction jiyong went. I then found him sitting by himself in a cabana looking at his drink.

“hey…” I greeted softly.
“oh.. hi…”
“what are you doing here? The party is over there…” I smiled.
“I know… I just need to be alone for a second…”
“something on your mind?” I asked as he looked at me.
“_______-sshi…”
“neh?...”
“if I tell you something, can you promise me that you wont tell anyone else?... not even my brother”
“…sure…what is it?”
“my heart is shattered….”
“huh?...”
“…three years ago, that girl you saw with that guy earlier, she’s my ex…”
“what???!”
“ssshh!!” he hushed me.
“sorry…” I apologized.
“jason doesn’t know about her since he was in paris studying fashion.”
“ohhh….” I nodded.
“so… how did you guys break up?”
“... she left me for that guy named jaejoong… who was richer than me during that time. I thought if I became rich, she would come back to me. So I came up with my own fashion line and branched it out to japan, china, America, and Europe, I made my first multi-million checks and… she never contacted me at all.” He explained as he received nods from me every now and then.
“Since those three years, my family income has passed the kim’s family thanks to my clothing line.”
“…so that means… your-“
“yep… we’re in the top three’s of korea’s wealthiest family.”
“nice…” I said casually. “me and grandpa are at least in the top 500” I said causing him to laugh. “… I don’t care how poor or rich we are… as long as I have my grandpa and uncle james, im happy…” I grinned.
“… I don’t know how you do it…” he said shaking his head.
“do what?...” I asked.
“your… always so positive and happy.”
“not always… there are times when im lazy and just want to sleep and relax…”I giggled.
“but even so… when your tired, you still manage to have a smile on your face. Like… yesterday. I saw that you were tired as hell but yet, you still managed to have enough energy to change swimsuits with a smile.”
“… well… my grandpa taught me that I should always smile when im around friends because they could be having a worse time than me and I don’t want to make it worse by frowning.”
“… your grandpa is a very smart and wise man”
“oh!... well, well well…. Here you guys are!” jason voiced echoed towards us. “private moment huh??” he said wiggling his brows.
“something like that…” jiyong said looking at me before he looked back at his brother.
“awww how sweet!... hate to break it to you but… they are about to sing happy birthday to seunghyun hyung and cut the cake but he didn’t want to start until everyone was there so lets go!” jason said pulling my arm and jiyongs arm down to the beach.

When we got there, there was already a small crowd around the table and they started singing happy birthday while clapping. As the song ended and seunghyun blew out his candles, a very tall familiar figure moved from behind him to stand next to him and grabbed the back of seunghyun-sshi’s head getting ready to smash his face in the cake. But when his eyes caught mine, he stopped as our smiles disappeared. In that moment, I turned found my way out of the crowd as I made my way into the villa.

“_______!...wait!” he cried running after me. “wait!...where are you going?” he asked grabbing my hand turning me around.
“bathroom…” I lied.
“your not running away because of me are you?” he questioned.
“of course not… why would I do that? Now let me go… I seeeriously have to pee” I lied again.
“alright…” he said softly letting me go.

I gave a smile before hurrying into the bathroom as he returned back to the party. I locked the door and sat on the tub. The burden in my heart was getting heavy and I couldn’t take it anymore. My eyes leaked liquid as my hands covered my face to muffle the crying. Again, the past was haunting me again.

“jagiyah! Why are you running away from me?! im trying to give you a
nice smooch on the checks even though theres whip cream on my lips! Come back!” he shouted chasing after me.
“go wash it off and ill consider stopping!” I laughed running away.

“honey, do these jeans make my look big??” he asked as they were shopping for clothes for him.
“yeah… gigantic!” I answered.
“good!” he smiled.

“sweets for my sweetie!” he shouted while on his knees with a box of chocolate and flowers in his hand.
“ssshhhh! We’re in a library!” I hushed giggling.
“the perfect place for people to hear my love for you!”

“I Promise to love you forever baby…”
“you promise?” I asked with my pinky sticking out as we sat at park with my head leaning on his.
“yeah…” he answered hooking his with mine.

“don’t cry honey… im here for you… siwon-ie oppa is here”
“siwon-ah!...”I cried. “how in the world did I get a B- on this paper???”
“obviousy the professor is blind and doesn’t know as much as you!” he joked causing me to laugh.