The Kims

Love Was My Mistake

 

Spending another break time with hyun joong that day made me happy. But as the day went  by I had to cut it short and go to the city again for purchase a bed, tv, and furniture. To save time and hopefully money, I drove my own car to the city and took care of my business. “aah… so hungry” I pouted driving around. For some reason, I thought back to that sandwich that I didn’t get to eat before and thought I should go back and order another one. So I drove back to that café and went inside. 

 

“welcome to Cojjee! What can I get for you today?” the employee asked as soon as I walked in. “hello” I smiled. “could I get the special house sandwich and a large regular iced tea please?”

“sure thing! $5.62 please” she smiled. I paid her and waited for my order. When I finally got it, I left the building and walked towards my car. “so we meet again” I giggled taking the sandwich out of the bag. While doing that I accidentally bumped into someone who was on their phone causing the lip to my iced tea to pop off and spill on myself. 

 

“oh damn! Not again…” I pouted to myself. “im sorry” I bowed to that person expecting to hear the same thing back but instead I heard, “how dare you! Watch where your going! Pick it up!” he shouted. “excuse me?” I confusingly looked at him. “pick it up!” he demanded pointing to his phone that was on the ground. “pick. It. Up.” 

 

“its closer to you” I defended. “yeah but you made me drop it! My new phone too! I just got it a few days ago! I swear… if you don’t pick it up, ill make sure you’ll get me a new phone!”

 

With no words coming from me, I walked over and picked it up. Instead of giving it to him right away, I held it in my hands right in front of him. “there… I picked it up…now say please or your not getting this back.” I said wiggling it as he tried to snatch it. 

“your not getting anything from me! Give me back my phone!!” he yelled trying to get it from my hand. “say please and its all yours again~”

“no chance!” he confirmed. “alright… fine then… say goodbye to your phone.” I said throwing it into my purse. “my phone!” he shouted running towards my purse. “yah, what do you think your doing?? This is my purse! Not some lost and found bag” I said holding it close. “give me back my phone!!” he stared. “you city kids… what will you do without your technology?…” I sighed not even caring what he just said. 

 

“yah!!!! You theif!! Give me my phone!” he barked as I was walking away. “technically, if you think about it… its not yours. It was on the ground.” I explained. “but like I said before, if you want it back all you have to say is please.” I smiled unlocking my car and getting in. “yah! Are you crazy?! Your just gonna take my phone?? Just like that??” he questioned standing next to my car door. “yep, that’s exactly what im doing” I said starting the engine. “okay okay okay! Wait! Geez!… jumping to conclusion already…” he said as I looked at him. “give me my phone…please?…” he asked nicely and most importantly calmly. “wasn’t so hard now was it?” I smiled rummaging through my purse for his phone. “here…” I said handing it to him as he quickly and angrily snatched it from me. “your welcome?” I said sarcastically but heard no thank you. “well, I gotta get home so if you don’t mind, can you step away from my car?…” I asked and he looked at me making a face and took a few steps away. “yah! You thief! If we meet again in the future! I wont forget this day!!” he yelled as I closed my window. 

 

Driving back home, “how could a guy be so… pretty?…” I thought. “but that snobby attitude of his… just so rude” I said aloud. “oh well… its not like ill ever see him again.” I said thoughtfully arriving home. 

 

“grandpa!... im home!” I shouted as james came around the corner. “hello miss _____! Welcome home!” he greeted. “hi uncle james, wheres grandpa?”
“hes in the dining room, hes waiting for you and your just in time for dinner… but, what happened to you? your all stained…” he said looking at my clothes. “just a spilling accident. Ill go change and meet you and grandpa at the dining room okay?” I said before going upstairs to my room. I changed out of my dirty clothes and met up with them at dinner.

________________

 

The weekend is finally here and its finally time for me to move my things over to my apartment.

“heres the last box” uncle james said placing it inside my car. “thank you…” I pouted. “chingu yah… have a safe trip to the city” hyunwoo said giving me a hug. “thanks” I said hugging him back. “ill miss you uncle james” I said giving him a hug also. “ill miss you too dear…”
“grandpa… ill call and update you on everything so you don’t have to worry about a thing!” I smiled hugging him the longest. “good lucky honey…” he sighed. “come visit me sometime alright?” I smiled. “of course… and you promise me that you’ll come home as much as you can…”

“I will…”

 

I got into my car and rolled down the window to wave goodbye as I drove off. Throughout the week my apartment has been setup and now fully furnished.

 

“on my own…” I thought driving on the road. “oh man… I have to call mr. kim too…” I sighed.

 

After the three hours of nonstop driving, I got to my apartment and from the help of the owner of the building; he helped me carry my things upstairs to my place.

“thank you so much for helping me even though its late in the evening” I bowed. “no problem that’s what im here for” he smiled. “enjoy your stay with us and good night…”
“thank you… good night” I smiled back and closed the door.

 

When he left, it was so quiet and… lonely. I grabbed my purse and walked to my cold and empty room and sat on my new bed and went through my purse. I got a hold of my phone and called grandpa to let him know that I reached my place and that everything is okay but lonely. Before the time got later, I hung up and called mr. kim about my job and he told me to show up in his office at around 9 on Monday morning. 

 

“alright mr. kim, ill be there…”
“im sorry dear, I don’t mean to be nosy but did you already move into your apartment here in seoul?”
“yes, I did”
“ohh… so you’re here already?”
“neh… I just got here 10 minutes ago”
“oh really??... so that means that you haven’t had dinner yet right?”
“yes sir” I answered.
“heeey! Heres a bright idea! Why don’t you come and have dinner with us tonight?”
“… uh…” I hesitated.
“please come!~ as your boss, I am ordering you to come and have dinner with us! Im not taking no for an answer!~” he sang.
“but I-“
“great! Ill text you the address and hope to see you tonight at 8!” he said before immediately hanging up.

“what the heck….” I said looking at my phone. “…my boss knows how to text?” I thought before actually receiving a message from him. “…wow…” I lightly smiled. “ I guess, I cant find myself a way out from this… i still have to unpack stuff and clean” I whined looking around my room at the many boxes. “it cant be helped…I might as well go get ready…” I said going over to a box with towels in them. I then picked out my clothes and went to the bathroom.

 

Authors pov

 

With his flashy car pulling up into the gated estate, he drove it all the to the front of the house and parked as his younger brother came out of the house to greet him.

“hey hyung!” his younger brother smiled. “sup…” was all he could say as he walked passed him to go inside. “what did you do all week?”
“clubs… parties…boating, the usual…” he said walking up the stairs. “o0o0o you know mom and dad hate when you do those things” his younger brother informed for the millionth time.
“I don’t care what mom and dad think! Its my life and I can do whatever I want!” he answered walking into his room. “… you seem a little pissed more than usual… whats wrong with you?”
“nothing! I just… encountered something unexpected that’s all… now get out of my room!”
“pissy pants!” his younger brother said sticking his tongue out at him. “well, dad said that we’ve having a guest for dinner tonight and you have to be there tonight, or else you wont have a car!” he shouted to his older brother before closing the door.

 

“god damn it! he knows I hate these dinner gatherings! Uggh!” he groaned roughly sitting on his bed.

 

After visiting his brother, hyun joong decided to pay his parents a visit in their study before heading off to his own room. Knocking on the door, “can I come in?” he asked politely. “how did it go son?” his dad asked immediately. “I think he agreed” hyun joong smiled. “see dad, I told you if I told him that you were gonna take away his car, he would agree quickly” hyun joong laughed high-fiving his dad. “good job son! I told her to be here at 8! Isn’t this exciting dear?? another girl to join us for dinner tonight! Its not just gonna be you!” mr. kim happily cried talking to his wife.

 

“finally! Another female that I can talk to during dinner! I mean… I love my boys but sometimes its nice to talk to another girl… no offence hyunjoong” his mom smiled at him. “its alright mom… even im tired of talking to myself sometimes” he laughed. “but hyung on the other hand… I can totally understand” he finished.

“alrighty! Then… lets prepare ourselves… we want to make a good impression tonight and not make her think we’re crazy” mr. kim laughed.

End of POV

 

8 o’clock rolled around and arrived in front of the kim estate with widen eyes. I stopped in front of the gate to talk to the guards sitting out front. “excuse me?... is this the residents of mr. kim bae soo?” I asked. “yes it is… who are you?” they asked back. “im shin ______ I was invited here tonight by mr. kim…”
“ohh miss shin… we were expecting you. mr. kim had already informed us, please go right away…” he said directing me in while another guard opened the gate. “thank you” I smiled and proceeded in. “wow… this looks like a mall…” I uttered to myself looking at the estate. As I parked my car, a guy came running towards me asking for me keys to take my car and park it elsewhere. So, I cautiously gave him my keys and when he took my car, a butler came into view.

“miss shin?” he asked. “yes?...” I answered. “we’ve been expecting you…if you would please follow me, the kims are already waiting for you at the dinner table.”
“im sorry to keep them waiting…” I apologized. “I didn’t expect to be stopped in the front by guards” I lightly smiled. “its no problem…” he smiled back  as I followed him inside and to the dinner table.

 

“miss shin is here!” the butler announced as I walked in behind him. “miss _____!” I heard mr. kim shout as soon as he saw me. “its so nice to see you again!” he said unexpectedly giving me a hug. “uhm… its nice to see you again too…” I bowed as he pulled away. “honey! this is shin _______! The one I hired from the country side! The one that I invited to have dinner with us tonight!  The one I was talking about!” mr. kim said excitedly.

 

“whoa… I didn’t think my appearance would make him this happy?” I thought to myself. “nice to meet you dear, im kim yoon mi. his wife like he said!” she grinned. “nice to meet you too” I bowed. “and this our sons, kim hyun joon and kim jaejoong!” he said introducing me. “_______!” hyun joong smiled coming to give me a hug. “ahnyeong hyun joong-sshi!” I said hugging him. “I didn’t know that you were mr. kim’s son… why didn’t you tell me?” I whispered.
“you didn’t ask” he simply said.

 

I turned to look at the other son and realized that… it was the rude boy that I met on the streets complaining about his stupid phone. But I cant show that I disliked him so subtly, “nice to meet you…” I lightly smiled. “yeah yeah…” was all he said. “still the rude attitude from before…” I thought.

“please! Lets sit down and have some dinner! Im starving!” mr. kim shouted out. “im sorry to keep you waiting sir” I apologized taking a seat next to hyun joong. “its alright! As long as you’re here its all good!”

“… this family sure is happy…” I thought smiling at them except… jaejoong.

 

When dinner was over, mr. and mrs. Kim excused themselves to have a business meeting in their study, as I spent the night with hyun joong outside in the front of the house. “you didn’t tell me you lived here?” hyun joong said. “well, you didn’t exactly tell me that you were mr. kim bae soo’s son now did you?” I giggled. “… I guess we’re even?” I added. “not exactly… you didn’t tell me that you were working for us either…”
“i didn’t think it mattered if I told you or not…” I shrugged. “but uhm… I have to get home. I still have a lot of unpacking to do” I said as the guy from earlier bought out my car. “mind if I come and help you?” he asked politely. “I don’t think that would be a good idea?...” I said sound unsure. “why not? is it because im a guy? Going over to a girls place?” he asked. “maybe…” I answered. “but we’re friends are we not? friends help friends” he smiled.
“ben, go get my car, im helping miss ______ with her unpacking tonight” he ordered the guy. “yes sir…” he said and went to get hyun joongs car.

 

Jaejoongs pov

 

Watching tv in my room, I could hear voices coming from outside so I got up and checked it out. I saw two cars in the front and two people. And those two people are _______ and my dorky brother. “why is his car out?...” I questioned myself before rushing down stairs. By the time, I got outside they already drove off by the gate.

“hey ben! Where are they going?” I asked curiously. “miss and young master are going back to her apartment to help her unpack her things.”
“mwoh?? Hyun joong is going to her place??... hurry and get my car! I have to follow them!” I shouted as ben went to get my car. Once, he got to the front of the house, I sped out the gate to follow them so I don’t lose them.

 

“hyun joong… what are you thinking??...” I thought driving a few car behind them.