Our Gifts

Love Was My Mistake
On the way home from getting my ice cream, two big scoops of caramel cone and one big scoop of rocky road on a waffle cone, I was munching away when jaejoong kept looking over at me. 
 
“what?…” 
“nothing…” he said as his eyes returned to the road.
“… you want some or what?”
“…no… thank you…” he said strictly.
“why not?… don’t you like ice cream?” I asked as he was quiet. “you do like ice cream… right??” I asked again to make sure.
“who doesn’t like ice cream??” we both said together causing us to grin. 
“then im sure you want some then…” I said using the little spoon they gave me and scrape some ice cream onto it and bringing it towards his mouth. “here…aaahhh….” I said opening my mouth hoping it would make him open his.
“… I cant…” he then grumbled.
“why not?… just a little bit come on… its melting…” 
“no” he said lightly pushing my arm away. 
“I know you want some… just a little bit. Pleeeeease??… ill forgive you for knocking me over with your big feet earlier?”
 
He unsurely looked at me, then down to my ice cream then back to the road. 
 
“no… I cant…” he shook his head. 
“what do you mean you cant?” 
“im not allowed…”
“not allowed?… by who? Your parents?”
“…no…”
“then who? Sooyoung?” I asked and again he was quiet. “why don’t she let you have ice cream?… is she your mother or something?” 
“no!… she just really cares for my health”
“riiiiiiight, more like depriving you of it”
“that’s not true!…”
“then… eat some…” I said scooping some onto the spoon again and trying to feed him. “…if you don’t eat this… ill tell your mother what you did to me earlier… and ill say it was on purpose… and I got proof to show them…” I said showing him my wounded palms and ankle. 
“… you wouldn’t dare?…”
“I would…”
“are you… threatening me?”
“no. ill really do it.”
“alright alright… ahhh!” he said opening his mouth.
“see? That wasn’t do bad…”
“god, that is delicious…” he sighed. “I havent had ice cream in three years…”
“that long?? Why?”
“sooyoung said that eating ice cream is for kids…”
“… are you saying im a kid cause im eating ice cream?”
“maybe…” he shrugged with a smile.
“okay, im cool with that… I think I’d rather be a kid than an adult to tell you the truth. You don’t have to worry about bills, work or… love” I said distracting him and feeding him another spoonful of ice cream. 
“hey!”
“wae??… just enjoy it! I wont tell your girlfriend if that’s what your afraid of…”
 
The rest of the way home, jaejoong and I shared my ice cream and finished it by the time we got home and went inside to find his parents in their home office. 
 
“kim jaejoong! It has been passed an hour! Where have you been?” jaejoong’s mom questioned him.
“uhmm…” I said looking at jaejoong. “eomoni, its my fault…I wanted some ice cream and jaejoong took me to go get some…” I reasoned.
“okay then…” she smiled before taking my hand and pulling me over to the couch. “the reason we called the two of you here is because we have something to give you…” his mom said as she reached for the beautiful gold box in front of her on the table. 
 
She opened it and pulled out a smaller box. 
 
“that was the first ring I ever gave your mother…it was all I could afford back then…” jaejoong’s father mentioned from his chair. 
“jaejoong-ah… come here theres a ring for you too…” his mom called him over. 
 
The ring was simple yet elegant and a small little diamond sat in the middle of it while jaejoongs ring, which his father wore, was a regular yet masculine titanium ring. 
 
“we were waiting to give these rings to you when you are ready to get married…” his dad said sitting up. 
“we waited for you to find the right person to marry and it seems you have found her.” his mom smiled looking at the two of us.”
“… I cant accept this…” I said shaking my head. 
“of course you can. Im giving them to you…” she said placing her hands on mine. 
“mom… why are you giving these to us?…” jaejoong asked.
“consider it as an early wedding present…”
“they hold a lot of sentimental value to us so please take care of it…” his father smiled. 
“then why give it to us?… I can go buy her another ring…” jaejoong said not understanding why.
“until you buy her another ring son… please wear this…” his mom said patting my hands.
“no… these are lovely…” I said on the verge of crying. “…ill wear it and take really good care of it… you all have been so nice to me…” 
“uh…” jaejoong grumbled. “please excuse us mom…” jaejoong said making me stand up from the couch and left the office, going to his room. 
 
“why are you crying?” he questioned as soon as closed the door. 
“because… they have been so nice to me and all im doing is lying to them… THIS isn’t real” I said pointing to me and him. “the love they think we have isn’t real!…” I said roughly plopping down on the couch. 
“your going to say its my fault right??”
“yes! Because it is!!”
“fine! That responsibility I will accept so if you feel so bad about this then… Ill think of a way for us not to get married”
“good cause I cant continue with this anymore”
“good… now that that is cleared up. Ill go take a shower before I take you home…being in a suit all day makes me uncomfortable.” he said walking towards his bathroom. 
 
While he was in the shower, I walked around his gigantic room and saw a bunch of pictures of him and hyunjoong when they were kids and then came across a picture of him and sooyoung. So I picked it up to get a closer look. When I picked it up, the right side of it seemed to be folded it back, so I lifted that side to see the rest of the picture that was folded back. 
 
“oh!… omo… that’s jiyong…” I said getting a good look. “… the three of them were friends?…” I thought with many questions going through my head. “what the heck?” I thought placing it back the way it was and wandered around the room some more. Then I came across this little area opened to the balcony and sat down on the couch that was there. Time flew by and I was getting sleepy so I fell asleep waiting for jaejoong. 
 
Authors pov
 
When jaejoong was done taking a shower, he came out of the bathroom to find that his room was empty. 
 
“______??…” he said walking around drying his head. “where the hell did she go?” he whispered to himself. 
 
He looked around and saw a head poking out from the couch towards the balcony so he walked over.
 
“hey! Im done lets go!” he said before found her sleeping. “… how the hell is she going to fall asleep right here?…” he smiled to himself. “hey…” he said lightly nudging her. “lets go… im done…” he said as she just laid there quietly. 
 
“forget it…” he said before picking her up and bringing her to his bed and laid her down gently. “ I guess your sleeping here tonight…” he whispered pushing her hair away from her face. 
 
He then turned off the lamp on her side before walking back to his side and sat down making that pillow barrier she made when he slept on her bed. Jaejoong waited for his hair to dry before going to sleep himself. 
_______
 
Next day, _______ woke up to the sound of water running from the bathroom so she lazily sat up thinking it was hyun-woo getting ready for work. But then she had to think again when she sat the pillows lined up in the middle of the bed and of course the giant room she was in. 
 
“omo!” she thought moving hair from her face. 
“morning…” jaejoong greeted when he came out of the bathroom. 
“… what am I doing here?…” she asked.
“you fell asleep on the couch last night. I tried to wake you up to go home but you didn’t even move. I told you that you were a heavy sleeper.”
“what time is it??” 
“7 something… almost 8” he said casually.
“8!! Oh my god!” I said rushing to the bathroom. “do you have an extra toothbrush??” 
“check the cabinets!” he shouted as she closed the door.
 
She took a rushed shower and brushed her teeth before picking out her clothes that was bought over by the maids last night and got dressed. 
 
“im going to be late!” she shouted running around as jaejoong watched her run back and forth. “what time do you normally leave??” she asked from the bathroom.
“I don’t know… whenever I want too I guess”
“I don’t have my car today can you take me??”
“sure…” he shrugged.
“lets go!” she then rushed him running out of the bathroom then to the bedroom door. 
 
She ran out of the room and down the stairs as jaejoong was slowly following behind. 
 
“come on can you hurry please? Im going to be late” she said waiting for him down by the stairs. 
“slow your roll… the more you rush the more slowly ill get…” he said finally reaching the bottom. 
________
 
Finally arriving at the company, I walked in to see that chaerin was waiting for me. 
 
“morning” I greeted.
“good morning miss _______.”
“what do I have today?” I asked her as she pulled out a folder and read it to me. 
“choosing a wedding gown, choosing a wedding hall, picking out invitations, cake, food selections, entertainment, gifts…”
“what?? that’s not work…” I said taking the folder from her and reading it for myself.
“.. they are straight orders from the chairman…” 
“by the way… congratulations…” she smiled.
 
Jaejoong walked up to us and looked at what _______ was looking at. 
 
“these are all wedding related stuff… you call this work?” he asked.
“go ask your father…” she told him. “ I was supposed to go to anyang today…”
“sorry… miss _______. This is what the chairman has in your schedule… for jaejoong-sshi too…” chaerin said handing him his schedule. 
“hmm… I guess its better than working…” he shrugged. 
“the family car is waiting for you two outside…” she said as she led us to the front when they just barely came in. 
 
photo maybach_landaulet_features_zpsa0f5dee4.jpg
 
“…. this is the family car?…” _______ said as jaejoong walked passed me to the car.
“get use to it…” he whispered before entering the car. 
“good luck on finding the perfect wedding stuff…” chaerin said as ______ got in the car.
 
The driver closed the door and got to the drivers seat and took off. 
 
“wedding stuff already??”
“just… it up until I can find a way out of this…” he said as she sighed. 
___________________________
this is all i can update for today...
thanks for reading... Ill update again tonight or tomorrow!
comments and votes are appreciated! :D