Lee Shin Team

Love Was My Mistake

 

When his eyes met hers, they blankly stared into each other’s eyes for a few seconds when both their hearts started to beat rapidly. Jaejoong made the first move and closed the gap in between their lips and gave her kiss that he has never felt before.

“wait!” I shouted pushing him away.
“im sorry” he apologized quickly.
“I think you should leave now”
“yeah, I should get going” they both said awkwardly.
“thanks for the ride tonight” I said standing by front door.
“no problem…” he answered.

As I opened the door, the face of siwon shocked me.

“you…” I said softly. “what are you doing here??”
“I followed you. I saw you drink all those mixed cocktails…” siwon replied.
“I told you not to follow me. Im fine”
“no… I know you better than anyone else. I know that you cant handle alcohol that much.”
“your wrong… my alcohol tolerance has gotten much better thanks to you. Those nights I cried myself to sleep, those nights I spent by myself after college, those nights when the image of you and my roommate together!” I cried feeling my headache coming back.
“______ please… give me a chance to explain….” Siwon pleaded.
“…uhm… I see that this is a personal matter, I think ill excuse myself so you two can talk…” jaejoong said itching for the door. “_______-sshi, if you need anything… call me okay?… just text hyunjoong for my number.” he whispered out of concern with a slight smile before leaving.

“get out of my house siwon-ah… I don’t want to see you…” I said shaking my head.
“give me a chance to explain myself and ill happily leave”
“… fine… explain.”
“can we sit down first?”
“no… if you want to explain, explain it right here cause this is as far as your getting into my house because after you explain your leaving.”
“… okay… _______, that day you saw me with your roommate…. I was frustrated, I didn’t know what to do.”
“what the hell were you frustrated about that you couldn’t control your man part?? Huh??”
“About my classes! I was failing two classes!... if I didn’t raise my grades up, the dean said that I wouldn’t be able to graduate…so that night when I wrote you that letter and gave it to you… I was going to tell you that I was going to quit school…”
“why would you quit? Why didn’t you just raise your grades? Do extra credit”
“… because college wasn’t for me… it was for you… you spent so much time reading books and doing assignments that you didn’t really have time for me. That night when I asked you to meet me at our favorite restaurant, I changed my mind that I was going to come and pick you up myself, but you were already gone… When I knocked on your dorm door, your roommate opened the door and invited me in. When I told her about my classes, she told me that she could take my worries away and… things got carried away…”
“the more you explain, the more it sounds like a cliché.”
“that’s how it really happened! _______... listen to me, I still love you and I want  you to come back to me…”
“… you love me huh?...” I scoffed looking away. “if you loved me then why didn’t you follow me to see where I went and explained everything than??... or why didn’t you just tell me you had problems!? We were a couple! I could have helped you!”
“______, im sorry! I know I should I have told you earlier! But I couldn’t think straight that night!”
“well thanks for explain, you can leave now!” I said sarcastically.
“please ________, accept me back!” he said suddenly hugging me tightly.
“let go!” I cried trying to push us apart.
“no! I want you back! I need you back! I can’t live without you _______! Do you hear me??”
“let go!!” I said again when the door swung open.
“yah! Didn’t you hear the lady?? Let go!!” jaejoong argued pushing siwon away before punching him.
“jaejoong-sshi!” I said out of surprise.
“who are you??!” siwon asked before striking back at jaejoong.
“yah! Stop! Both of you!!... I need for you to leave right now!!”
“you heard her! Leave!” jaejoong shouted at siwon.
“both of you! leave!” I cried out with a heavy burden on my chest receiving a confused look from jaejoong. “both of you… please… leave…” I said on the verge of tears.

Without exchanging nothing but looks, they both left as I closed the door and locked it. I headed straight to my room and grabbed my phone. When I turned it on, I saw that there was one text message from Jason.

From: Jason
Hey girlie! Where are you at?? Are you okay??

Before Jason would come rushing over, I texted him back.

To: Jason
Hey oppa, im fine, I felt a little sick so I came home
earlier from the party. Sorry I didn’t let you know while I was there
I didn’t want anyone to see in that state.

From Jason:
oh, do you want to go see a doctor??

To: Jason
no, im fine. I think im just going to nap it off, ill be fine by morning.

From: Jason
Alrighty honey… take care of yourself. Ill see you later

To: Jason
I will. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Good night….

From: Jason
good night my friend <3

I smiled at his little heart at the end of his message before laying myself down and turning off the lights. My excruciating headache was definitely taking its course and adding to the heat that I just sent home. For the rest of the night, I turned off my phone and went to sleep hoping to ease my anger.

Next morning, I heard a knock on my door so I slowly got up and grabbed a bathrobe to check to see who it was and opened it.

“hey ______!” hyunwoo smiled and waved. “are you still sleeping???! Its almost 11am!”
“ is it really?... didn’t notice…” I said tiredly.
“… hey chingu-yah… are you okay?...” he asked looking me closely in the face.
“… I don’t know…” I shrugged.
“… you know you have bags under your eyes, and your eyes are red….”
“what you do last night?” he asked out curiosity.

I didn’t answer. I just lightly shook my head without looking him in the eyes.

“So your moving in today?” I asked.
“yeah… I called and texted you all morning but… you didn’t answer so I just thought I’d drive here to see if your still alive and to see if you’ll let me stay with you”
“oh… sorry my phones off… I didn’t want any disturbing calls during the night…”

He continued to strangely look at me but when I looked into his eyes, he smiled.

“you know what you need?... you need a little pick me up!” he said bringing in a box to the living room.
“im gonna need a lot of it…” I mumbled to myself.
“so… tell you what?... while I bring up the rest of the boxes, you go take a shower and look your best, well go out into town, just the two of us and just relax… how about it?” he smiled.
“…sure…” I nodded. “sounds nice”
“alright then… you go take a shower and change and everything” he said pushing me into my bedroom. “when your done, ill be waiting in the living room.” He nodded before closing the door.

With that being said, I hoped in the shower feeling the nice cooling water and surprisingly a lot better than last night. After that, i dried my hair and did my makeup and changed my outfit. When I was done, I stepped out into the living room and he was right there watching tv.

“Theres my friend I know!” he said standing up. “ready to go?” he asked.
“mmm…” I softly nodded as he hugged me.
“as your close and best friend, I know when your upset and sad…no matter what the reason, im here for you…”
“gomawo hyunwoo yah…”
“no problem…. After all we are the LeeShin team! Lets get going… theres so much I want to see and so much to go do!”
“that’s right!... LeeShin Team forever!” I shouted with happiness.

I hooked my arm with his and left for a day in the city. We stopped at the many shops and bought countless things and even stopped at a café to just sit and talk.

“Welcome to Coffee Cojjee, what could I get for you today?” the cashier asked.
“I would like a large iced tea and a medium sized hazelnut coffee please?”
“sure thing… anything else?”
“no that’s it-“
“oppa! buy me lemon cake!...cake! cake! Cake! Cake!” I shouted suddenly pointing at the cake in front of me.
“and I guess a slice of the lemon cake please?” hyunwoo smiled.

“YUUUUMM… lemon caaaaake!” I exaggerated eating it with my tea. “… you know… you caught me on a good week last week…”
“how come?” he asked sipping on his coffee.
“I was tempt. CEO and hired you!... if CEO kim was there I don’t think you would have ever gotten hired.” I laughed.
“why? Is CEO Kim that strict and mean?”
“yeah, he is actually…” I lied. “he makes me run errands almost every day. I pretty much run that company already” I lied again.
“wahh… makes me think twice about working there…”
“CEO kim is the least of your worries though. You have to worry more about Junsu and Yoochun-sshi because they are very strict about their jobs and they take it very seriously. And more importantly, yoochun-sshi is head of the security office… When you speak to him, you must remember to NEVER look him in the eyes and always offer him gummy bears… so if I were you I would keep a pack of gummy bears with you at all times.”
“really??... then we have to go to the store after this!” he said seriously.
“hahahaha hyunwoo yah!... im joking!” I laughed.
“what the heeck??? Its my first day of work tomorrow and I don’t want to it up! Your supposed to be helping me, not the other way around!”
“… sorry chingu-yah!... I haven’t laughed like this in so long since I got here… its been lonely every night for me… I miss home… I miss grandpa, I miss uncle james cooking… I miss everything there…” I said suddenly.
“why don’t you go visit?”
“I don’t know if I have time anymore…I get off work late and by the time I eat and take a shower, its late already and I have to get enough sleep for the next day you know…”
“you think its going to be like that for me too? now that im working there?”
“I don’t know… you would have to wait and see…” I said sipping on the tea.

Authors pov

As ______ and hyunwoo was talking, jaejoong was right around the corner listening in when he came up with an idea. So he pulled out his phone and called hyunjoong who was out playing golf with their parents on this nice Sunday evening.

“hello?” hyunjoong answered.
“hyunjoong-ah!... theres something that I need you to do for me…”
“if its taking your car and washing it for you hyung, forget it!”
“no stupid! Its something else…”
“what?...”
“i need you to come up with a project for me…then present it to dad.”
“why would I want to do that? Its my day off today!”
“never mind that!... i need a project pronto!”
“why?... whats so important about it?”
“don’t ask. Just do it!” jaejoong said angrily.
“why are you so heated about this?... what do I get if I do come up with a project?”
“ill…” jaejoong stalled. “ill let you go into my closet and take any shirt you want too” he said trying to make a deal.
“why would I want to do that when I can just go buy some?”
“dude! I don’t know! Cant you just try and help me??”
“fine hyung… since your practically begging… but I need details.”
“what kind of details?”
“I don’t know like… where are you going to do this project? And what kind of project you want to do?”
“uhm… hyunjoong-ah… you’ve been to _______’s village before… what do you think they might need over there?”
“… uhm… AH!” hyunjoong said snapping his finger. “I heard dad is helping out the village by building a bigger size school over there”
“so construction huh… hmm…” jaejoong said thoughtfully. “… find a way to get ______ in on this project…”
“huh? Why so sudden?”
“can you just do it? think of how happy she would be if you got her in the project hyunjoong-ah!?”
“whooooa whoooaa whoa! Hyung!?.... am I hearing this correctly???.... your actually caring for someone other than your girlfriend and yourself!??? oh my god! Buddha help me! my big brother must me sick!” hyunjoong laughed.
“shut up and get it done!” jaejoong cried softly to the phone and hung up.

After the conversation with his little brother, jaejoong stood where he was and started to admire _______ from afar. The way she sat and sipping on straw… how she smiled and laughed causing himself to smile by just watching her. As he watched her, his hands traveled up to his lips and caressed it softly as he thought about the kiss he had with her.

“…never before…” he whispered to himself when sooyoung finally came out of the bathroom and hugged him from behind as _______ and hyunwoo was leaving.

“what are you looking at honey?” she questioned with a smile.
“uh… n-nothing…” he said shaking his head. “ready to go?” he asked. 
____________________________

sorry for the LOOOOOONG wait guys... lol 
i lost my creativty again... that always doesnt it?? 
anyway... let me explain siwon's "explanation"
his explanation is a little weird and doesnt make sense because there is something that is he not telling her truthfully. 
and that will be explained later as when the story progresses okay dokey? lol
thanks for reading and... good night/morning/evening depending where you live
<3 <3