Work: Day 2

Love Was My Mistake

 

“… are you gonna tell me why that young man was in your room or not??” Jason questioned while on the way to the company.
“im gonna be laaaate!~” I pouted quickly getting out of jasons car.
“yah!... shin ______! Your tea and breakfast!” Jason shouted.
“save it for me for later please! Thank you!” I called back running towards the building. “CEO kim isn’t gonna be happy about this!” I said picking up speed.
“good morning!” the people bowed as I ran in.

Without stopping, I did a quick bow to them with a smile and accidently bumped into someone.

“miahnhaeyo!” I shouted without looking and headed towards the elevators. “come on come on!” I panicked as it reached the top level of the building. As soon as the doors open, I shot out of the elevator and gunned it to the presidents room as fast as I could.  “good morning!” hyun joong greeted as I passed him. “where you going??” he then asked. “Your dad’s office! Sorry no time to talk!” I said running backwards. Before he said anything else, I turned back around and reached the front of his door with chaerin sitting at her desk in the front. “good morning ______” she smiled. “whats wrong? why are you running?” With her questions being shot at me, I held up my palm indicating that I needed a moment to catch my breath. “hooo…hooo….” I exhaled rapidly. “whats wrong?” I then heard hyun joongs voice.

“oh god… what time is it?” I finalled managed to ask. “its 8:58am” chaerin answered. “okay… okay…” I said in between breaths. “im good…” I said finding a chair to sit in. “why were you rushing?” hyun joong asked standing in front of me. “I was scared I was gonna be late…” I said as chaerin and hyun joong chuckled. “waeyo?” I asked looking at them. “dad’s not here yet” he replied. “…w-w-whuutt?... arrrrgh…” I groaned falling out of the chair. “I ran all the way from outside to up here to find out that CEO kim isn’t here?????”

“you were pretty fast though… were you a track star?” he asked getting a chuckle from chaerin. “… no… and that’s not funny… I think my life flashed in front of my eyes… if he wasn’t here yet, then why didn’t anyone tell me?” I asked looking at the two of them. “im sorry let me rephrase what I said… dad’s not gonna be here today and the rest of the week.” He smiled. “uuuggggh!... someone kill me now…” I pouted still on the floor thinking about how much I ran just to get here on time to be completely useless.

“dad’s on a business trip with mom so for this week… miss shin _______, you are in charge of the entire company and the people working in it. “mwoh?...i-i cant do that… ive never managed so many people… at least not at once… the most ive managed was 30 people and they were the employees who work at grandpa’s store….” I uttered softly. “______-sshi… its okay!... you know why? Because I am here to help you!” chaerin said coming to my side and helping me on my feet.”im also here to helo too!” hyunjoong cheered right after. “thank you…” I lightly smiled. “now!... lets go sit inside your office shall we? MISS CEO!”

“huh?... I have my own office already?” I said pointing to myself. “actually that room was set for hyung but he isn’t interested in the company or anything to do with business. He’s more into the club’s and parties.” He said as I nodded. “here we are!” chaerin said opening the door for me as I stepped inside. “…WAAAAAHHH!” I exclaimed first laying eyes on it.  

Photobucket

“…uhmm… I don’t mean to be rude but… isn’t this a little too much for someone like me?... I mean… I didn’t think that I would be getting such a high position in the company. I thought I was just gonna be a idealist or something.” I asked hyunjoong. “dad surprised me with the meeting yesterday too… but I think he chose the right person!” he said giving me a thumbs up. “but… why me?” I said walking around the room to take a look. “you’re his son… his blood… isn’t it only right that YOU be the other CEO?”

“I am a CEO… the second CEO but I do and take orders from dad” he said sitting down on the couch. “…exactly… so then… why didn’t he let you be in charge this week?” I questioned as chaerin stood by the meeting table. “dad says that im still too young to be handling such a big company and that I still have a lot to learn about business. You know why dad chose you?... I don’t know if I should say this or not but… dad feels like you can make things happen…plus you have experience on how to run a business and I don’t… and also… you’re something special shin _______... just know that” he smiled before getting up and walking out of the office.

“…he’s always saying that… and I don’t understand what that means…” I sighed looking out the gigantic window that viewed the city life below. “well now that you are here miss CEO… theres so much we have to do today… where would you like to start?... CEO kim asked me to give you all these contracts and documents to look over and revise by the time he gets back and you also have to be present at an interview at about 11:00am to choose an intern/employee and you cannot be late. Your decision is final.” she said as I felt my stomach grumble. “ah…” I sighed. “so hungry…” I then pouted rubbing my tummy. “or… we can do grab breakfast in the cafeteria?”

“chaerin-sshi!... you don’t know how happy I am to hear that!” I grinned turning around to face her. “hmm… if im in charge this week… I can do things my way right?” I asked to make sure. “that is correct CEO shin!” she answered nodding her head. “well then! Lets not waste time! Lets go!”
_______

Hyunjoong’s pov

“hey son… how is it going?” dad asked through the phone. “its going good so far… although, she was mad about earlier…” I trailed off thinking about it. “why?” dad questioned. “… this morning, she thought was gonna be late so she ran from outside and up to your office door to find out that you weren’t in your office instead you’re at home.”
“don’t let her know!... I just wanna know how she can handle all this while im ‘away’ and if everything is a-okay then she can definitely handle your brother.”
“I know dad… I will never tell a soul about our little secret.” I smiled.
“good job hyunjoong-ah. Report to me every hour on how things are going and don’t forget to help her as much as you can son…”
“I will dad… don’t worry”
“alright son… ive gotta go now, im up next on wii golf and let me tell you your mother at this game…” dad snickered as I then heard mom’s voice in the back.
“okay dad… good luck on your game!” I cheered.
“good luck to you too my boy!” he said before hanging up.
“… my parents are so silly…” I thought when I felt a little hungry. “maybe ill go catch a little snack down in the cafeteria…” I thought getting up and leaving my office.

End of pov

“oh my god… this kimbap is delicious…and so is this rolled egg… and… and… chigae!” I said eating each dish before slowing down. “ok chaerin-sshi… can I see those documents?” I asked before she handed them over. “this is only a few of them, the rest is on my desk” she said as I nodded opening the first document. As I was reading them, from the corner of my eye, I saw chaerin look up then behind me and then I felt something running down my head as gasp at the coldness and quickly closed the document.

“what the hell??” I gasped getting up from my seat as people around us gasped and turned their attention towards us. “what are you doing??” I asked sooyoung and gina. “… getting my revenge…” she evilly giggled with her side kick. “revenge for what? What did I do?” I asked picking up a napkin from the table and started dabbing my face as chaerin helped with the rest of my head. “hmmm…” she roughly huffed. “this morning…” she said while glaring at me. “I didn’t even meet you this morning…” I said thinking back. “no you didn’t… but you bumped into me!” she said raising her voice. “now look!” she said pointing to her coffee stained blouse. “oooh…” I said looking at it like oddly biting my lips. “but I said I was sorry!” I reasoned “coming from you… sorry isn’t enough!” she growled.

“YAH! Whats going on??” a voice shouted over. “oppa!” she then softened. “look at what she did to me!” she whined to jaejoong. He looked at her shirt and then glared at me from where they were standing. Then after a minute of silence, he walked up to me, “did you really do that to her?” he asked pointing back to her shirt. “… I guess I did?...” I said stupidly. “but I said I was sorry!”

“sorry?” he repeated mocking me. “sorry?...” he said again. “sorry isn’t gonna take the coffee stain off her shirt now is it???” he said pretty much at the top of his lungs. “alright! Geesh! Ill take it to the dry cleaners!” I offered. “dry cleaners??... do you know how much this shirt costs??” he asked me. “it costs way more than the price of the dry cleaning!” he scoffed. “really?... doesn’t look that expensive…I think the coffee stain makes it look better. Don’t you think chaerin-sshi?” I asked leaning towards her looking at sooyoungs blouse. “if you tilt your head a little bit, it looks like a big brown heart” I smiled pointing to it then tracing it from afar. “cut the crap!” he growled making my smile disappear. “what?... im just saying… that big brown heart covers the ugliness of the blouse anyway…” I shrugged. “who would pick such an ugly style to wear?” I finished. “yah… I bought that for her…” he said through gritted teeth. “jaejoong-sshi, i think she just insulted your style!” gina said to make to situation worse. “oops…” I said giving myself a facepalm slowly.

“if the style I chose her is so ugly then… I want you to go out and buy her a new one to wear right now!” he ordered. “excuse me?” I said tilting my head. “you heard me… I want you to go out and buy her a new shirt to wear right now…” he said coldly. “… and if I don’t?...” I said crossing my arms.

“hmmm” he huffed before getting closer to my face then looked down and back up. “then… you can expect me to be over again tonight…” he whispered while smirking at me sending chills up my spine. With that being said, he returned back to his girlfriends side holding her hand. “… fine!... I can find a way better looking blouse for less than what you bought it for…”

“oh… which reminds me… this shirt… costs $130, Christian dior blouse. I want you, not chaerin or anyone else but you to go out and buy the same or better brand and you MUST spend at least $130 or more… and I want in my hands by  lunch at 11:00am…” he said before turning to walk away with sooyoung. “$130???” I exclaimed. “wait!... and if I get it done and on time?...” I asked. But all he did was smirk and shrugged walking away with his hands in his pockets.

“…what are we gonna do?”chaerin asked concerned. “at 11:00am, you have to be at an interview and you cannot be late…” she reminded. “then.. chaerin-sshi… we must multi-task…how much time do I have?” I asked picking up the documents im supposed to be looking at. “we have about 1hour and 10minutes…” she said looking at her wrist watch. “alright… then come on… we gotta leave now…” I said walking towards the entrance as she followed.

After we hailed a cab, I asked the driver to recommend a popular brand shop and he took me to the most surprising store. “would you mind waiting here until we’re done?” I asked politely. “…sure” the driver smiled. “thank you!” we bowed before heading off into the popular brand store.

“ahnyeonghaeseyo!” a familiar voice greeted with a bow. “welcome to giyongchy!” he welcomed when we walked in. “ohh! Its ________!!” he grinned. “girl!... what chu doing here????” he said hugging me like he hasn’t seen me in forever. “hey oppa! you are not gonna believe this!” I started before explaining all the details about what just happened. “nooo way?!... totally hating” he said shaking his head with his arms crossed. “right?! that’s what I said!... oh! pardon my manners! I forgot to introduce my secretary, this is lee chaerin, chaerin-sshi, this is kwon Jason manager of the store and dongseng to the owner of the brand.” I introduce them. “waah… such an honor!” she said bowing to him. “nice to meet you!” Jason smiled. “but anyway… you came to the right boutique! We have anything and everything that ranges from $200-$8,000. So take a look around…” he smiled. “$200?” I repeated. “whats wrong?” he asked. “uhm…you see… i don’t want to spend over $130… I don’t even want to spend $130 when its not even for myself… I mean… does it make sense to spend that much amount of money on someone who despises you?”

“… hmm… your right…” Jason agreed. “CEO shin… what about this??” chaerin asked picking up random shirts. “price?” I asked. “oh… $210…” she answered softly putting it down. “ah!! I got it! we got on sale!” Jason said snapping his fingers before taking me to the sale section. “right here! 50 bucks!” he said taking a shirt off the rack. “… that doesn’t look bad…” I said taking it from him and inspecting it. “but the price tag…” I said looking at it. “… price tag?... no problem!...” he said taking off the tag and went to print off a new one. “how does that look?” he asked after replacing the tag with a new one with a big grin as we laughed. “giyongchy made in korea $500” I said reading the tag. “PERFECT!” I shouted.

At the register as he was ringing us up, I kept looking at the time and 11:00am was approaching quickly. When I finally paid, Jason walked us out and to our cab and again… asked me about this morning. “shin ______, I still want an explanation of this morning” he said leaning on the car window. “oppa… no time to explain… I have to go!” I rushed. “ill tell you some other time okay?.. ahjusshi, let’s go…”
“dinner ______! You can tell me over dinner again! Okay? ill pick you up at work” he cried as the cab was on the move. “araseo oppa! see you later!” I shouted out the cab. “about 37 minutes left CEO shin…” chaerin reminded.  
____________________________

this took a while to write... lol 
hope you enjoyed it! thanks for reading!
and remember to comment please?
thank you! ^^