The long wait is over

The Baddest Chick in the Game

2 years later......

 

Athena’s POV

 

 

            “Athena sshi, if you were to choose, are you going with the first love who is asking for another chance or a new found love? Architect or Lawyer?”  One of the Taiwanese reporters asks.

 

I glance at Wu Chun on my left and Mike He on my right. These Taiwanese actors are my co-stars to my first Taiwan TV series.We are now promoting our latest drama which is based on a real life romance of a young novelist who got entangled in a love triangle with her lawyer childhood best friend/ first love and a dashing architect whom she ended up with.

 

            “Airman.” I answer referring to Jaejoong who’s serving in the air force now. The crowd laugh because of it.

 

They certainly want to make me choose between the two men who played to be my love interests in the show. This is a common question being asks by reporters on a press conference. This is a matter that should be handled well because as an artist, you don’t want to hurt your co-actor’s ego and also, answering carelessly might end you up on the tabloid the next day for a scandal.

 

            “She’s being loyal to her boyfriend.” They say.

Another reporter raises her hand.

 

            “Speaking of ‘Airman’….A few months ago, there was a scandal saying that you and Kim Jaejoong already separated. Is it true?”

            “Yes, that’s true. We are not together now.”

I hear a loud gasps from them so I smile and continue.

 

            “We are not together as of now because he’s in Korea while I’m here in Taiwan.” I say jokingly.

            “Ahhh…..so the split issue is not true and you are still together?”

 

I nod with a smile. I look at the back where some of JYJ fans are there. I could see in their faces the relief after finding out that I was just joking. When JYJ left for army some of their fans started following me. At first I thought they only want to keep an eye on me and would grab my hair once I do a mistake like cheating. However, it turns out to be a good thing because they started liking and supporting me as fans too.

 

I give the fans a quick wink before focusing on what we are doing. The press conference wrapped up successfully. My co-actors are really funny while the Taiwanese media and fans are nice so I had fun interacting and goofing and exchanging jokes with them.

 

I go back to Seoul once we’re done with all the promotions. Working with different people is a great experience for me.

 

 

            “Welcome back!” our driver greets us when we see each other in the airport.

He helps us with some of the baggage. We walk to where he parked our van.

 

            “Omo!” Ms. Go exclaims.

 

Our van has been vandalized with offensive words written against me. Attached to the windshield is also my poster where my face has been spoiled with a permanent marker.

 

            “So childish….” I utter. “It must have been frustrating for them…..despite these markings, I still look pretty.” I joke. I nod slightly and say “This type of bullying is overrated and lacks creativity. They should try harder next time….”.

            “Those irritating sasaengs!” Ms. Go turns to the driver. "Didn’t I tell you not to park the van in an outdoor parking lot? You could have used the airport’s lower ground parking!” she snaps her temper at him.

            “I was afraid to be late so I parked here in a hurry. I didn’t notice those sasaengs around….I’m sorry ma’am.” The regretful driver says.

            “How long have you been with us?! Don’t you still know how things work?!” Ms. Go is so angry.

 

            “Spare him a little will you?” I tell her. “Blaming each other will only make it worse.” I turn to the poor fellow. “Don’t take it too hard….Ms. Go is really tired and lacks rest so she’s a bit moody now.”

He nods.

            “Report to the office regarding this. I’m sure they’ll ask you to bring it to a car shop to remove those vandals.” I say to him then turn to Ms. Go. “Hmm….Please bring my stuff back to my house then go home and have a rest.” I say.

            “Huh? What about you?” she asks.

I hail the arriving taxi.

            “I have to go somewhere first. I’ll meet you tomorrow morning.” That’s it and I board the taxi and leave them.

 

 

I still encounter sasaengs every now and then. For unknown reason they still hold a grudge against me even after two years. It is easier for me to handle it and I no longer feel bothered because of them.

 

As for the paparazzi, they still follow me from time to time and I already accepted the fact that I won’t shake them off completely but the good thing is that they learned to tone it down and so my frustration about them lessens too. Maybe they felt bored by my routines these recent years. So far, it has been the quietest years of my career and I like it.

 

 

 

 

The sky is already dark when I reach the restaurant. It is already close and I see the people inside cleaning. I put down the paper bag I’m carrying and grab the plates on the table.

 

 

            “Ommoni!”

            “Athena ah!” Ommoni is really surprised when she sees me. “When did you arrive?” she follows.

I smile but continue to clean up the tables.

            “Just now.” I answer.

 

She stops my hand from wiping the table tops.

            “Leave these to me. Take a sit for a moment. I will just finish these.” She says.

I shake my head.

            “Let me help you.” I bring the used plates at the kitchen.

 

Father enters.

 

            “Athena ah! How come you’re here? Didn’t you tell us last time that you’d be in Taiwan?”

            “Annyeonghaseyo abbojji.....I just came back from Taiwan.”

            “Look at that kid....she just arrived and she’s already doing the dishes....” mother says to father.

            “You keep doing it all the time Athena ah....I’m afraid we couldn’t afford your talent fee...” father jokes.

 

The three of us laugh. I give them the high quality tea I brought from Taiwan for them and they seem to be pleased.

 

I help by washing the dishes. After that, we share a dinner together.

 

            “Eat as much as you like okay?” father says.

I nod.

            “Are you going to sleepover tonight?” mother asks.

            “I have to return to Seoul because I have a schedule tomorrow...” I say.

            “Ah, is that so? Then come with us a bit. I’ll pack you some side dishes that you can take home with you.” She says.

            “I didn’t consume much from the kimchi you gave me last time because I went to Taiwan. I’m sure I still have a lot...”

            “It’s better to have more stocks.”

I smile instead.

 

 

           

 

We go to their house and mother packed some side dishes for me just like what she said.

 

            “Ommoni, Abbojji….Thank you so much for these foods. I will eat them well.” I say to them holding the big Tupperware wrapped in silk cloth.

            “You just arrived....You should have taken some rest first then come by tomorrow. Travelling all the way here is tiring.” Mother says.

            “It’s nothing compare to these delicious food I get.” I reply happily.

            “You’re still young…enjoy your life by hanging out with some friends during your free time. It’s boring to just accompany old folks like us all the time. Jaejoong doesn’t even visit as often as you….”

            “I’m not good in making friends…Also, I feel more comfortable here…” I say which is true.

            “Aigoo this kid….” Mother smiles.

            “You two really are closer now like a real mother and daughter.” Father comments.

 

We smile. Mother takes my right hand and holds it with both her hands. She sighs lightly.

 

            “Just wait a little more. Jaejoong will be returning soon…” she says.

I nod.   “Hm.” I answer. “I’ll be going now. It’s getting cold….please return inside.” I say after.

            “We’ll send you up to the gate.” Father says.

            “Thank you but it’s not needed. The taxi is already here…just go back inside please.” I didn’t let them to set a foot outside the front porch since it is cold.

            “I’ll leave now.” I bow to them.

            “Take care!” they say as they wave to me.

 

 

For the past years, I regularly spend time with Jaejoong’s parents. Since he’s not around, I decided to look after them myself. This way, I could get to know him through the eyes of his family and at the same time, let them get to know me better too. I can say that Ommoni and I have a great relationship now. I could feel that she cares about me. I’m also thankful towards his parents and siblings because they really make me feel like I’m a part of their family.

 

 

 

 

I put the key to unlock the door. I enter the house and go straight towards the bedroom. I switch on the light and Jaejoong’s empty room is what I see. I just stood there at the doorway and stare around the room. We didn’t change anything here. It’s still the same since he left. The side of my lips curl into a half smile. Yes, this is the scent of my man……my tiredness is fading away.

 

 

 

            Meow……Meow…..

I notice Jiji circling around my feet.

            “Did I startle you?” I ask him.

I turn off the light and close the door. I went to the kitchen to get a can of his food. We walk to the living room and I give him his food.

 

            “I just arrived….Sorry Jiji ah, I couldn’t bring you with me in Taiwan. I’m sure you were pretty bored with the driver ajusshi….” I say while petting his head.

 

Jiji started concentrating on the food. I plug in the Christmas lights then sit on the floor. I bend my knees together and hug them. I watch at the lights over the window. Most of the times that I miss Jaejoong but couldn’t go to visit, I come here in his house and glance around his bedroom. I also watch the Christmas lights.

 

I left out a sigh.

 

            “There are only a few months before Christmas……Jae come back soon…” I whisper to the air while staring at those blinking lights.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Haewon’s POV

 

 

I look down when a small hand slightly pulls into the hem of my skirt.

 

            “Bye bye teacher.” The little girl with a blonde hair says.

I squat and arrange the hairclip in her hair.

            “Bye little Angel….See you tomorrow okay?” I tell her.

She nods and runs towards her mother.

            “See you tomorrow teacher!” My other students say as they head towards the door with their guardians.

            “See you tomorrow children!” I smile and wave at them.

 

I look at the wall clock. It’s already 3 pm…It’s time for me to go home now. I change my clothes and wear my white trench coat. I pick up my purse and scarf before leaving the ballet studio.

 

I took the subway. I notice that the American couple sitting in front of me are kissing. I look away while a slight smile on my face. My hand goes to touch the pendant of the necklace I’m wearing.

 

It’s been two years already. For the second time I joined the same ballet competition I dropped when I return to Korea two years ago and I won. Also, I had a great time teaching ballet to children at my former school. My contract ended and the schoolmistress had already offered me a renewal which I politely refused.

 

The train reached the Time Square station and I got off.

 

I walk along Time Square. The street is as busy as ever with people coming and going to different directions. My feet stop when my eyes catch a glimpse of a video being shown on the big billboard monitor. It is a video of a first snowfall. I recall a memory that remains fresh in my mind……The night when I told Junsu my feelings and he confessed to me too. It is also during the first snowfall.

 

My phone rings and without looking away from the billboard, I answer the call.

 

            “Hello?”

            “I still feel embarrass whenever I remember that I failed saying it first….”

Junsu---my mind flashes.

 

            “Whether from our first meeting at the restaurant, that confession night, or at this moment…In my memory, you will always be the same pretty and cute ballerina that destiny introduced me with.” He says.

 

I gasp some air and look around. My eyes search the street along the passing crowd. I look left and right….turn around to see if my instinct is right. With hope building up inside me, I keep looking. And then from the crowd, I see him standing on the other side of the pedestrian lane.

 

Junsu looks charming as he stare at me from there. My heart beats hard. He continues to speak over the phone.

 

            “I want to re-create that confession in a romantic way however, it’s still not winter so the first snowfall ended up being just a video….” He points to the video billboard.

I am completely speechless.

 

            “That night when I saw you in that restaurant….I instantly know inside me that there’s already a string of destiny that connects the two of us. I realized that your first love ditching you and my brother coming late are the things I would always be grateful for. If Hee Jun or my brother came that moment, I can’t imagine how much I would miss without me knowing…..” He only stares at me with passion in his eyes.

            “My lovely ballerina…..I love you.”

My heart is filled with happiness. I smile widely at him.

            “I love you too.” I answer.

 

I’m not seeing any person at this time. I feel like it’s only me and Junsu in this wide street…..I didn’t expect that the romantic scenes that I just see on movies will be happening to me….

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Park Ha’s POV

 

My break is finished so from resting in the locker room, I tie my black apron around my waist. I also straighten up the name badge pinned in the left chest of my uniform.

 

             Park Ha

            Sous Chef

 

I got promoted to a sous chef a year ago and I really enjoy my position now. I did my best from being a kitchen apprentice, commis chef, and chef de partie to sous chef. God has been really great to me.

 

I enter the kitchen.

 

            “Sous chef....”

 

I look to Myungsoo who called me. I go to him and taste the sauce he’s cooking with my pinkie finger.

I nod.

            “Okay.”  I tell him.

 

This is a new recipe that I made. I’m really happy that the head chef agreed to add my creation to our menu.

 

The waiter tells me that the deliveries arrived so I go to the back area to receive the deliveries. I check the quality of the produce while some staffs are carrying the ones I’ve checked to the stock room and kitchen.

 

 

            “Excuse me Miss Chef, is this the Primavera?”

Two teenage girls are now in front of me.

            “Yes. But this is the backdoor. Take this alley on the left to get to the restaurant’s entrance.” I tell them.

            “See! I told you it’s just around this area.” The girl says to her friend. “Thank you again.”

I nod at them. They walk away to get to the main entrance of the restaurant.

            “Yoochun oppa says that he likes the pasta in this restaurant.”

            “Is that so? I can’t wait to order the same dish that he likes!”

            “I wonder, does he come here personally to dine or he just orders for a take out?”

            “Maybe we should ask the waiter later....” they giggle.

 

I heard their conversation. Recently, the two members of JYJ were released from the service. Last week, our restaurant had been hired by C-Jes to cater their press event. I was there in the hotel but I chose not to show myself to them. Seeing a glance of his face is enough for me just like the day that JYJ leaves for the army. I went there to see him off but I just stand in the crowd quietly.

 

            “Someone heard name Park Yoochun and froze....”

I blink when I hear Lee Joon teasing me.

            “Huh?” I act like I’m clueless.

            “It’s really obvious that you have a thing for that idol noona....Why didn’t you even enter the function room when we catered to them last week?”

            “It is because we are on duty...I was there to only supervise the service and foods being catered and not to watch the celebrities.” I say.

            “Eyyy.....” his expression shows that he’s not buying my reason. “You have a connection with celebrities.....How come the actress Athena went here and talked to you? The way you talked shows that you know each other personally.”

Athena sshi once dined here before. We had a quick chat back then.

            “Also, I remember that time that Myungsoo, Baekhyun, and I visited you at your home......Park Yoochun arri----”

I cover his mouth with the checklist folder I’m holding.

 

            “Stop mumbling nonsense. Can’t you see I’m busy? You better bring these inside.”

He was about to say something else but the head chef comes out. Leejoon leaves us to bring the fresh abalones inside. I continue to check on the deliveries.

 

The head chef carries some boxes.

 

            “Chef....leave that to us.” I say.

            “There aren’t many chores in the kitchen now since it will only be an hour before we close.” He says.

 

I remember that we have to close early today because the whole restaurant has been reserved by a V.I.P tonight.

 

            “How about the special wine we ordered? Has it arrived?” he asks.

            “Yes chef. I received it earlier. I already brought it in the wine room.”

 

 

 

 

 

            “Whaaaa…….look at all these……” Baekhyun’s jaw drops when he sees how the restaurant has been arranged for tonight’s event.

 

From the kitchen’s entrance, we watch as the waitresses and waiters set a single table for two at the middle. There are many fresh flowers and scented candles around too.

 

            “Surely, the dude would get a ‘yes’ when he propose later.” Myungsoo comments.

            “Do women really like these kinds of events?” Lee Joon asks me.

            “Well it depends on the woman…”

            “How about you?” he follows up.

I shrug my shoulders. I glance at the wall clock and see that we only have thirty minutes before the V.I.P arrives.

 

            “Let’s work now boys.”

 

They follow me inside. I roll up my sleeves and start working on the foods that we are supposed to prepare.

 

The head chef stands in the middle.

 

            “Let’s do our best to make this night a special and memorable one for our V.I.P couple okay?”

            “Yes Chef!” we all answer in high spirit.

 

Having a proposal in our restaurant is not new. We already handled a lot before and each one is successful. However, this is the very first time that the entire restaurant has been reserved solely because of a proposal.

 

I start working on the appetizer. I smile and silently wish that this would bring happiness to the couple.

 

The waiter talks to our head chef.

 

            “The guest arrived.” He tells us.

            “Wait, where’s the ring?” Baekhyun asks.

We stare at him.

            “How am I going to put it in the dessert?” he continue. He’s preparing the dessert.

            “Is there any ring in the first place?” Myungsoo asks.

            “Not that I’m aware of….” Head chef says.

            “Yah! Don’t bother yourself with the ring. He probably plans to just give it to her personally. Putting it to the dessert is too cliché.” Lee Joon tells Baekhyun.

I secretly shook my head. These kids....

 

I was wiping my hands when the waiter comes in.

 

            “The customer wants to have a word with the sous chef...” he says.

Everyone’s eyes land on me.

            “W-why?” I utter.

            “I’ll go with you.” Head chef says to him.

            “But the customer specifically asks for the one who made the appetizer.”

Head chef looks at me.

            “He asked who made the appetizer and I said that it’s our sous chef....so he told me to ask her to come out.”

I blink.

            “Maybe he only wants to praise you noona...” Baekhyun tries to fill in our pondering thoughts.

            “But he hasn’t touched the food one bit.”

            “Then could it be possibly that something’s off with the dish?” Myungsoo asks.

            “But I only used fresh ingredients.” I assure the head chef.

            “How’s the customer’s facial reaction?” Lee Joon asks the waiter.

            “I don’t know but his face is really serious...”

            “Attend to the customer and look into the matter.” The head chef orders.

 

I remove my hat and enter the dining hall. I know that there’s nothing wrong with my food so there’s nothing to be afraid about.

 

The whole room is lighted only by candles and in the middle is the table where the V.I.P is sitting. The waiter goes next to him and says that I’m here. The customer stands up and faces me.

 

My eyes widen when I see that it’s him. Park Yoochun.....

 

            “Y-ou....”

            “Park Ha...”

 

There he is.....standing one meter away from me as he calls my name. I feel like my knees are getting weak.

 

            “Sir, the waiter told me that you want to talk with me. What is it?” I ignore what I’m feeling and try to be civil.

His lips curve into a slight smile. 

 

            “I’m here to meet a very important fan of mine...”

Huh?

 

I glance at the plates on the table. The foods are left untouched.

 

            “I’d just make another appetizer.” I turn to go back to the kitchen.

            “I kept receiving these letters from that fan and I’m really flattered.”

I stop and look at him. He’s holding a few cards and letters.

            “You sent all of these, right?”

            “H-how did you.....”

            “Because yours are the only ones without name. Normal fans would write and mention their names because they want their idol to recognize them but you.....you acted differently from the norm. Do you think I won’t know that it’s you?”

 

I stare down on the floor.

 

            “I....I have no plan to cause any harm. I just.....” I don’t know what to say.

            “Two years passed but you’re still deceiving me.” He utters.

I close my eyes tightly.

            “I’m getting tired of it so please stop it.” He says. “Stop running away from me.”

I look at his face. Did I just mishear something?

            “That’s right....I’m telling you to stop running away from me.” His eyes are fixated on me.

            “Whenever I try to reach out to you, you always run away from me….” He says.

            “Yes, I was really mad at you for what you did but in the end my love for you weights more. You said you love me yet you left me.  Why do we have to end up that way?”

I feel the pain in his voice. My heart aches again.

I shook my head.

            “I told you it’s not you….It’s me who’s not confident enough…” I tell him.

            “Can’t I be that confidence for you?” his eyes are filled of emotions.

            “Two years had passed and some things had changed….” I say.

            “While I was in the army….You continuously give me strength. When I got out, I kept longing for you…..my feelings haven’t changed one bit. I came here because I want to know something from you…” he moves closer to me. “Do you still love me?” he asks.

My tears fall.

            “In your heart, is it still me?” he asks again.

I nod slightly. My mind and heart never forgot about him even once.

            “Thank God…..” he sighs in relief. “I set all these for the scenario I’m praying for.”

I just stare at him. He finally crosses the remaining distance between us and wipes away my tears.

            “The day that I was released from service, I became sure of how I want our story to end and that is….” He grabs my hand and holds it tightly. “Yoochun catching Park Ha like this and not letting her leave him again.”

We smile.He places his arms around me and embraces me.

 

            “Let’s start again...Not as the idol and writer, not as the celebrity and his fan but as Park Yoochun and Park Ha...” he whispers.

 

I nod again. He pulls away and slowly leans down for a kiss. My heart beats hard once our lips touch.

 

I tried my best to distance myself from him but still I cannot change the fact that my heart beats for this man only.

 

After the kiss, he stares at me. His eyes are full of love just like before.

 

            “I love you Park Ha.” He says.

            “I love you too.” I reply.

He smiles.

 

We hear claps and see the head chef, Lee Joon, Baekhyun, Myungsoo and the waiters and waitresses there.

 

            “So it’s not a marriage proposal but a comeback together proposal!” Baekhyun says.

            “I always felt that there’s something about you and Park Yoochun…I knew it.” Lee Joon says.

            “I’m happy that you are back together with the man you love. Congratulation Park Ha noona!” Myungsoo says.

            “The kitchen’s rose has finally bloom. Take care of our rose Park Yoochun sshi.” The head chef tells him.

Yoochun nods.

            “I will.” He answers.

            “Congratulations!” everyone greets us and wishes us the happiness.

            “Noona, change your clothes.” Lee Joon says.

            “Huh?”

            “You will have a candlelight dinner and you plan to wear your uniform?”

            “Ah….”

            “Park Yoochun sshi….Noona, don’t mind us and enjoy your date okay?” Baekhyun says.

            “We will make sure to cater well to your special date.” Myungsoo says.

 

I look at Yoochun whose arms are around my waist. I smile because of happiness and he returns it with a sweet smile too.

 

I used only to look at him from a distance as his fan. I never imagine that ending up with my idol could be possible. Yoochun created a happy ending for me. He made my heart’s secret wish to be the reality.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

 

“Athena is in Jeju island now…”

 

 

After a week, Ms. Go finally locates Athena’s whereabouts. It has been seven days since I got out of air force and I haven’t seen her yet. My parent’s and sisters arrived to welcome me back but she didn’t. I’ve met my friends and greeted the JYJ fans already but she’s still nowhere to be found. When she contacted Ms. Go, that’s when I take a flight to Jeju to see her.

 

 

My feet slow down when I see somebody at the end of the concrete pathway. There is a group of big white rocks and she’s standing on top of one of them. She’s facing the sea with a calm expression on her face while the cool Jeju air is gently blowing her hair. With the light house on the background; it feels like I’m seeing a beautiful painting in front of me.

 

I stop.

 

 

            “Your boyfriend was just released from the air force and instead of seeing him, you chose to come here and watch the waves?” I say loudly for her to hear.

 

She turns to me with her calm expression and goes down the rock. I watch as she slowly walks towards me.

 

 

            “The last two months, you didn’t come to visit me. I didn’t hear anything from you either. Do you know how lonely you made me?” I continuously complain.

 

Ms. Go told me recently that she filmed a TV series in Taiwan.

 

Her lips curve into a slight smile.

 

            “You could even smile? You think it’s funny?”

            “I did that on purpose. I didn’t show up because I want you to miss me. Seeing from your reaction now, I know that I succeeded…” she says.

            “Bad woman…...You just always do things as you want.” I utter.

 

She shrugs her shoulders. Usually on this kind of situation, the woman would run and embrace her man but she’s the complete opposite. Athena is taking her time as she walks. She looks so relax with both her hands in her jean’s pockets.

 

            “So frustrating…….I flew here like a mad man just to see you but this is your way of welcoming me?” I mutter.

 

She smiles like she was entertained by what I said. The weather is great and the sky is clear but it’s like she’s shining in front of me. God…..

 

            “This is what I am….” She says.

I agree with that. This is her personality.

            “I cannot fully change if I’m naturally this cool…” she boastfully jokes.

            “Bad woman…” I utter.

She stops right in front of me.

            “You’re done meeting everyone?” she asks.

            “Hm.”

            “Your air force service….is it really finished?”

            “Yes.”

She nods lightly.

            “I see…..so, it means that you won’t leave again?”

I nod.

            “Yes. I can now stay and won’t leave you by yourself again for that long.” I answer.

She lets out a sigh of relief and tears builds up in her eyes.

             “I’m….I’m glad to hear that…” she smiles and her tears rolls down her face.

She looks down and cries.

 

I clearly remember the day I left for military service two years ago. She was smiling brightly at me and cheering me up as I cry. She had never complained nor cried while we are not together. She never shows any weakness and remains strong during the entire process. She held it all and waited just like her promise. And now that I finally return to her side is the only time that she let her tears to fall freely. I’m so proud of her.

 

 

I cup her face and make her look at me.

 

 

            “Thank you for waiting patiently.” I say and wipe her tears away with my thumbs.

            “It’s not for free….You have to compensate me for making me wait.” She says.

I smile.

            “Yes, I will.”

I will love you with all of me----my heart silently whispers.

 

            “Whaaa…..you really made good use of time.” I say after.

            “Hm?”

            “Omma told me that you’ve been spending time with them. All these time that I’m not around, you regularly visit them. I wouldn’t even know if mom didn’t tell me…”

 

She never mentioned anything about it during her visits or calls. My parents just told me when I came back from service. I’m happy that she exerted efforts to get close to my family and now all of them especially mom seems to like her even more.

 

            “For taking care of Jiji and my parents while I’m gone, thank you.” I tell her.

            “Don’t be so confident….It wasn’t because of you. I did that because I want to get to know them more.” She bluntly says.

            “What? Couldn’t you at least go with it? So disappointing…..” I mutter.

 

She chuckles making me chuckle too. My hand goes down to her waist. I pull her closer and claim her lips for a few moments.

 

After letting go of her lips, I affectionately rub my nose against hers.

 

 

            “I really….really….really miss you…..” I whisper with my eyes close.

She didn’t say anything but I can say that she’s smiling. I open my eyes.      

 

            “How dare you do that to me!” I wrap my arms around her waist and lift her.

            “Ahhh!!!!” she squeals out of surprise.

I turn around and around while lifting her.

            “I’ll punish you for not seeing me for two months and one week. Do you know how worried I was?” I say without stopping from turning.

            “Ahhh!!! I did wrong I admit……but this kind of punishment is cheesy!!!!” she says.

            “Yes, I plan to shower you with cheesiness!” I talk back.

            “Yah! I’m dizzy….” She says so I stop from turning but I didn’t let go of her.

Athena holds her temple.

            “Ahh….didn’t they fix your corny habits there in air force?” she says.

            “They just tell me with serious faces ‘Yah! Don’t do that again next time okay?’” I say.

We laugh together.

Then we stare at each other. We let our eyes do all the talking for a bit. Athena touches my face.

            “You’re really here….” She utters.

I nod.

            “And here to stay….” I add.

 

She leans down and gives me a peck. I couldn’t get enough of that so I immediately reach her lips with mine once she tries to withdraw and we share a sweet kiss again.

 

After that, we happily smile at each other.