Trust

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

 

            “I thought you were supposed to go somewhere?” Athena asks.

            “Uh...that? It’s just a Christmas party...I’ll just send them a message.”

We both smile. I hold her hand tighter as we continue to stroll in the garden.

 

I know that I can no longer withdraw myself from her. Thinking that I may don’t have the chance unlike what I assumed at first, I still decided to stay beside her. Who would know that well end together like this? I never wished for any gift this Christmas but this is more than that....the sweetest I ever received.

 

            “Now that we are officially a couple, should we compromise on some conditions?” I ask.

            “Conditions? Like what?”

            “Hmm...Like, we’ll send at least a message to the other if we can’t see each other....call if one is away for work..”

She just stares at me.

            “It’s because you don’t do that...It drives me crazy whenever I couldn’t reach you...” I explain.

            “It’s you who do that....there are days you keep popping up from anywhere then you’ll be gone suddenly.” She says.

            “Huh? You do that....I mean during those times that you have scandals....you keep making me worried..”

 

She acts like she disagrees but ends up saying ‘okay’. I continue.

 

            “Another one, no matter how busy we are, let’s allot some time for each other...”

She nods.

 

            “Let’s be honest...if something bothers us or if there’s a problem...let’s tell each other. I want to share your ups and downs may it be big or small.”

She nods again.

 

            “When it comes to kissing scenes....Its fine with me as long as it’s not with your ex.”

She tries to hide a smile.

            “Alright....” she answers. “But wait, you have kissing scenes too...how about that?” she asks back.

            “What about it?”

            “I’m cool with it...it’s just that you might find it okay to share your lips to everyone.” She says.

            “I don’t do a lot of kissing scenes! The one on the movie is nothing...even my fans won’t be hurt by it.”

            “Okay...what else?”

            “Think of me all the time.”

            “Whaa....you are cheesy, you know!” she says.

            “Why? Is it wrong for me to want that? I only think of you.”

            “All the time?” she asks suspiciously. “Tell me, every when do you think of me?” she asks.

            “Whenever I’m singing love songs and eating......Phone, Bar, Wine, Cake, Helicopter ride, Camping, Roses in wine bottle, Florence, Night sky, Bus, Elevator, Parking lot, Jeju Island, Leo, Oyster, even Jiji.....those things makes me think of you...”

 

She smiles sheepishly.

 

            “How about you? How much you think of me every day?” I ask back.

            “Hmm....Sanitary pads.......they make me think of you.”

            “Aishh....why would those things?!”

I have bad memories of this things..

            “Why not? They really remind me of you...” she says bluntly.

            “So I don’t really have a good impression on you....”

She smiles.

            “Yeah....hence, I ended up with this.” She raises our clasped hands.

We continue to walk and enjoy the night breeze.

 

            “I’ll have conditions too..” she declares.

            “Okay...”

            “First, you have to be handsome for me all the time.”

She means that I should always look happy and bright.

            “Alright.”

            “Second, if there are scandals about me, let me fix them by myself.”

I look at her.

            “You can worry or laugh about it with me but I don’t want you to get involved in it in public. I’ve been doing this for how many years...so, I’m confident that I can manage by myself. I’ll ask for help if I think I can’t do it, okay?”

 

I nod. She doesn’t want me to get involved with her scandals. She’s the baddest chick out there so I trust her with it.

 

We stop walking.

 

            “And lastly, since I have a temper....if I tell you to go away or I say that I don’t like you anymore, don’t believe it. Just give me some time but come find me right away...”

            “Yes, I will...you won’t be able to shake me off no matter what.” I reply.     

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

I pick up the phone.

 

            “Is everything ready?” Jaejoong asks.

            “Yeah.”

 

I sit comfortable in the couch as the movie flashes in the screen. Tonight is our movie night but since he’s working overseas now, we just decided to watch a movie like this. We got the same  movie and watch at the same time while being on the phone to give the feeling of seeing the film together.

 

 

He must have thought that I love romance so he suggested a love story but I refused. I don’t feel like watching cheesy films especially with my boyfriend. That’s just awkward....We didn’t try seeing a horror film either because Jaejoong admitted that he gets sleepy whenever he watches horror flicks....weird isn’t it? But it’s true. I remember once, we tried to see a scary movie. I’m not the scared type of person when watching this kind of stuff so I watch it with full concentration but Jaejoong ended up sleeping after twenty minutes. In the end, he sent me a copy of a foreign action movie.

 

            “By the way, how’s your day?” he asks while the movie starts.

            “I did a CF shoot and a magazine interview....it’s not that hectic today. How about you?”

            “Lots of fans attended the event. Yoochun, Junsu, and I had a great time.”

            “Is that so? That’s good...”

 

We continue to watch. We get to interact while seeing the film together which is nice. Despite being far from each other, it’s great that we were able to make some time together like this. I really appreciate every second spent with him.

 

I enjoy this simple happiness we have now.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

I woke up from a long sleep. I’m starving so I come to the kitchen to look for food but I only find a cup of ramyun and soda crackers.

 

I open the cup and fill it with hot water. While waiting for the noodles to be ready, I start nibbling on some crackers. I am so hungry that I even forgot to at least take a sit. I eat standing in the kitchen counter. Not an ideal way of eating I know but it is something I often do on times like this.

 

            “Just as I thought...”

 

My eyes get wide at the sight of Jaejoong standing in front of me. I swallow first before talking.

 

            “Why are you here?” I ask. What I know is that he has a schedule now. He just arrived from the overseas activity but he still has a week packed with schedules.

            “I got off from work early so I decided to have dinner with you.” He comes near and checks

what I’m eating. “Instant meal again? Don’t eat it.” He takes the ramyun and crackers from me and throws them in the trash bin.

 

            “Come.” He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the dining table. I observe as he sets up the table and bring out some foods from the paper bag he brought.

            “I bought these along the way. Let’s eat. The food is still hot.”

I follow him like a child. The moment the tasty foods touches my stomach, I feel a strong satisfaction together with relief.

 

            “How could you eat that stuffs all the time?” he says.

            “You eat ramyun too, don’t you?”

            “Yes but I don’t eat that as regular food like you do. Good thing, you still look pretty with all those foods you are eating....people won’t have an idea that you don’t eat healthy.”

            “What can I do? Those foods are the easiest to eat...”

            “You can call Ms. Go to help you get foods...”

            “I don’t like doing that to her. Once the schedule is over, I don’t like calling her just to make her do some errands for me. I don’t think that’s fair.”

 

Jaejoong nods showing that he understand what I mean.

 

            “Then call me.”

            “You?”

            “Yes. I can be your food deliverer...”

I smile.

            “You are joking, right?”

            “Of course not. I once told your mom that I’ll take care of you and I really mean that....Give me your phone.”

I hand over my phone. I watch him do something in it.

            “There...from now on, if you feel hungry just press speed dial 1 and I’ll be right there with your food.”

I couldn’t help but smile.

            “You are willing to do that?”

            “Yes....because I don’t want my girlfriend to starve.”

            “O..okay...”

            “Wait....how come my name here is Simpleton?”

            “Ah...that? It’s because you are....Why, do you want me to change it?”

            “I’ll change it.” He says and presses some buttons before giving it back to me.

            “Try it.”

 

I press speed dial 1 and sees ‘Simpleton that cares’ in the screen. I look at him and he smiles. His phone rings and he answers it in front of me.

 

            “Good evening. This is food delivery for Athena.” He says looking at me.

I smile and hang up the phone.

            “Chincha...” I hit him lightly on the arm but he catches my hand and locks it down the table with his.

 

He never fails to make my heart feels warm.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

I walk Jaejoong to the door.

 

            “Sorry, I have to go now.” He says.

 

After dinner, we have a talk for a few minutes but he has an early start tomorrow so he needs to go now.

            “It’s work...” I say.

 

Our eyes meet and he goes down to kiss me. His tender peck turns into a deep kiss. It is so sweet that I don’t want it to stop.

 

I open my eyes when he suddenly broke from our kiss. 

 

            “I have to go now....” he whispers without looking at me.

            “Is something wrong?” I ask noticing his sudden uneasiness.

He hesitates at first before answering.

            “If I won’t go now, I can’t promise that I can hold back in the coming minutes...”

I froze for a few seconds thinking to myself.

 

I know what he means. Come to think of it, it must have been hard for him to hold back for the past times that we were together like this but he did because he’s thinking of me. It’s not that I deprive him on purpose it’s just that it didn’t cross my mind.

 

We are both adults and we love each other.....I don’t think there’s anything wrong if we do it. The first time something happened between us, it happened with lack of sincerity on my part because during that time, I hadn’t realized yet how I feel for him but it doesn’t mean I hated it. How could I, when it’s in fact one of those rare moments I let myself goes with my emotion.

 

            “I’ll go now. I’ll just call once I arrive home.” He says and holds the knob.

I grab his arm.

            “Don’t go.” I utter.

Jaejoong stops and looks at my hand in his arm.

            “I...I don’t want you to go....stay...with me...”

Our stares lock.

            “Are you sure?” he asks while looking me in the eyes. Searching there any trace of me being forced to say what I said.

I touch his face.

            “Stay....and remind me of how you made me feel that night...” I whisper while my heart pumps hard.

 

He lifts me up and kisses me intensely. My legs wraps around his waist. We enter my room and he lays me carefully in the bed. I swallow hard and my heart feels like it’s going to come out of my chest anytime. I feel really tense and nervous but what’s coming gives me anticipation.

 

 

It’s not like it’s your first my mind says. I had alcohol in my system back then so it’s easier to let go....another part of my mind answers.

 

I close my eyes tightly as each piece of clothes leave my body.  I hold my breath.

 

            “Athena, open your eyes...” he whispers.

 

I open my eyes slowly and see him staring at me. He already took off his shirt though he still has his pants on.

 

            “Look at me....It’s just me..” he says. He probably noticed how nervous I am.

His fingers caress my face. Our eyes meet.

In that instance, I know that I’m now ready to entrust my heart and body to him.

He kisses my forehead, eyes, nose, cheeks, and jaw easing away my anxiety.

 

His lips go down to my neck and planted small kisses on my collarbone. My skin burns under his touch. My body aches for something that only Jaejoong can give. I arc my back and wrap my arms around his shirtless body. Suddenly, my world swirls and I’ll collapse if I won’t hold tightly. My fingers clutches against his flesh.

 

Soft groans escape his lips and I lose my mind. Every sensation is sweet and pleasurable.

 

Jaejoong takes me to that place.....the place that only the two of us can share....our very own safe haven.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

We both catch our breaths.

Every second of this moment is priceless. I kiss her on the lips.

 

 

            “I trust you.” she whispers within the narrow space between our lips.

 

I look at her. Athena opens her eyes and she seems to be taken by surprised because of the words that came from her.

 

            “Jaejoong.....I trust you...” her eyes sparkles with tears as she repeats it.

            “Thank you.” I reply and take her in my arms.

 

She cries because of this realization. Trust is something big for Athena. I know how hard it is for her to trust and she finally did which I’m thankful. This is her telling me how important I am to her and how much space she gives me in her heart. I’ll do everything not to tarnish her trust.

 

I hold her closer to my chest while she continues to weep with tears of joy.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

[Author’s Note]:

 

Can’t believe I wrote this chap in the office......really weird....

Anyway, thank you for waiting for my updates. I’m still working on the next chaps because I’m still busy these days....

Comments please....Have a nice day everyone!