'Farewell.....for now'

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Day of Enlistment

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

 

I look at Jaejoong hyung and Junsu. The three of us are now wearing our military uniforms.

This is it---I thought.

 

            “How are you feeling?” Junsu asks us.

            “Anxiety.” Jaejoong hyung replies.

I shrug my shoulder. We will still be together during the two weeks training at the camp and after that we’ll be deployed to our assigned areas.

 

            “Starting today, we are no longer the idols JYJ but soldiers.” Junsu says.

            “That’s why we have to do our best.” Jaejoong hyung says.

In his lead, we put our hands together.

            “Fighting!”

Manager hyung approaches me and hands over a folded paper.

 

            “What’s this?” I ask.

            “Someone asked me to give that to you.” He answers and moves away.

I sit on the couch and read the letter.

 

Yoochun,

 

            Hello. How are you feeling today? I guess you’re a bit nervous......Don’t worry; you are a person who can do things once you set your mind into it. There’s no doubt that you will be a good public servant.

            When I heard about the news of your enlistment, my hand automatically picked up the pen but then I stared at the blank sheet of paper for a long time thinking what to write. I used to think I no longer have anything to say but then realized that there are words left unsaid and that you deserve to hear them from me.

             I didn’t mean to hide a secret from you. It’s just that I feel like if I confess to you then I will be the only one to feel better. You are a great guy….probably the best man I ever encounter in my life but I know that I can’t keep you. You didn’t do anything wrong…it’s just me who’s not confident enough. I’m sure that saying sorry cannot atone for the pain I caused you but I’m sincerely sorry. Also I want to thank you for loving me…I was truly happy when you were still with me and I would cherish all of those good memories we shared. 

            Anyway, I wish you all the best. We might be strangers now but I want you to know that I will forever be your fan. I will always pray for your safety and success. Park Yoochun, YOU CAN DO IT!

 

Park Ha

 

I swallow hard and fold the letter. It gives me a bitter sweet feeling but it leaves a strong impression in me. I place the letter inside the secret pocket of my shirt.

           

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Athena’s POV:

 

 

Sitting as we wait for our flight, I couldn’t help but think about Jaejoong. Today is the date of his enlistment. We both agree that I won’t see him off. He’ll be reporting to duty as I leave for LA.

 

I look at the digital clock on the wall. I think they’re now on their way to the assembly area for soldier recruits.

 

I hold my passport and ticket tighter.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

We just finished bidding our farewell to the fans. Many reporters and fans arrived today to send us off. We could hardly talk and I’m sure Yoochun, Junsu and I have the same feeling.

 

I glance around. Though I know that Athena won’t be here still, my eyes look for her. Then a plane appears in the sky. She might be boarding the airplane now.

 

I smile bitterly to myself.

I told her not to come today but now I’m regretting it. I already miss her.

 

The managing officer made a roll call. We are about to leave so they instructed all the recruit soldiers to get into the train. A heavy feeling is in my chest.

 

            “Jaejoong hyung...”

I nod at Yoochun and Junsu. We walk together and board the train that will bring us to the camp. We take our seats and quietly look at each other.

 

 

            “Kim Jaejoong.”

I look at the officer.

            “Yes sir.”

            “Come out a bit.”

I blink.

            “Five minutes.” He says.

Junsu and Yoochun nod so I stand up and follow the officer. We boarded out of the train and there I see Athena.

 

 

            “Athena....”

            “I asked the ajusshi to help me see you. Good thing, he’s my fan.” She says.

            “But you were supposed to...”

            “I decided to take the next flight. I just feel like I can’t send you off just like that.”

Athena scans me from head to toe.

            “Wow......You look really handsome in that uniform.” She says.

 

 

I’m really happy to see her before I go. I embrace her tightly and I’m not sure for when will be the next time that I’ll have her in my arms like this.

 

 

            “Always remember.....I love you.” I whisper to her.

            “Hm. Same here...”

I move a bit away to stare at her face. My heart is overwhelming with joy and sadness.

 

            “Who made my man cry? I will never forgive him.” She jokes as she wipes the tears away from my face.

I didn’t even notice that I’m already crying. Athena smiles at me brightly.

            “I want you to have it.”

She puts a rosary made with crystal beads in my hand. It is the one I found inside her mother’s box.

            “Take care and if things get hard....hold onto this. Everything will be alright.”

I nod.

           “I won’t go anywhere. I will wait for you. I will wait patiently until the day that you return to my side.” She says.

            “Okay.”

 

God....Just thinking of the length of time that I’ll be away from her is already difficult. I hope that time would pass within a blink of an eye. I wish that I would only need to close my eyes and when I open them, I can be with her again.

 

            “Will you promise me one thing?” she asks.

I nod again.

            “Come back to me in one piece okay?”

            “I will.” I answer.

She tiptoes and kisses me in the lips. I will bring the feeling of her sweet lips against mine.... 

            “This isn’t goodbye...” she whispers between her breaths.

She looks at my eyes. I read nothing but affection in them.

            “I’ll see you soon....” she adds.

            “See you soon....” I agree.

The train signals its departure.

Athena holds my upper arms and turns me towards the train.

 

            “Remember, distance and time are nothing because they can never make our hearts apart. Now go and serve the country.” She pushes me gently.

I take some steps till I reach the train but before I enter the door, I look back at her.

 

            “Kim Jaejoong.....Fighting!” she cheerfully shouts.

 

I smile and nod.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

[Author’s Note]

 

I would like to use this space to give you the ending of some characters.

 

 

 

49ec9dbc_nam_gyuri.jpg

 

Nam Gyuri

 

 

           After the movie ended, she focused on releasing her comeback album. Though she gets to see the scandals and issues about Athena, she chose to just watch her from the sidelines and secretly wish for her old friend’s happiness.

            She did drugs and that’s a fact that only Athena and Gyuri knows. Even if Gyuri looks fine and managed to break free from those people who influenced her, she’s still into drugs. She knows that she lost her way because she allowed drugs to her life. She wants to turn things for the better so she voluntarily admitted herself into a rehabilitation centre in secrecy. She’s currently on a six months rehab program.

            Athena found out about this and after three months, she visited her. She made her visit simple. She told her that she had forgiven her and she’s glad that Gyuri finally decided to straighten her mistakes. Athena expressed her support to her and Nam Gyuri cried because of happiness. Athena is now opening her heart once more for her so called ex-friend.

 

 

5084946897_d4100677a2_n.jpg

 

No Min Woo

 

He still couldn’t forget about Athena but he already accepted that she’s not meant for him. He decided to just concentrate on his career. Hyeri of course is still pursuing him but he only sees her as a younger sister.

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlX6-A7v95rQ1VMHZJggS images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwY7o01kceigWLyhxlzolimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe1cqw-GFcRThCsitbAg7

 

Madam Jang, Hyeri, and Hyemi

 

No changes for Athena’s stepmom and half sisters. They are still conceited, hostile, and judgemental like always. Athena still exchanges rude words with them whenever they meet by chance.

 

president%2Bchoi.jpg

 

Senator Lee

 

            He decided to retire from politics and to just look after their business. His wife and younger daughters keeps on spending without any interest in helping in the company so he must work hard to be able to afford their lifestyle and provide them the luxury they desire.

            On the other hand, his relationship with Athena remains to be civil. Despite this, Senator Lee is already happy and accepting. He’s still supporting his eldest daughter.