Unusual Combination

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
 
                        Please wait for me...wait for me just a little...
 
 
 
I’m late but I’m still hoping that she’ll be there. I run towards the direction of the fountain. My chest is full of mixed anxiety and excitement. 
 
 
My feet stopped in front of the said fountain and I catch my breath. Aside from me, there’s nobody here. I worriedly look at my watch but it’s already 6:10. Darn! 
 
 
 
I look around trying to catch a glance of her but I failed. I sit because of disappointment. I didn’t make it on time despite doing my best to rush here.
 
She already left and I’m a fool to miss that chance. 
 
Of all the days, why does it have to be today that I encountered traffic jam on the roads? I spent much time driving here. I run my fingers through my hair because of frustration.
 
 
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Athena’s POV

 
 
 
 
Sipping the frappe I bought, I go back to the fountain area. I know that he’s late and I should go but I just couldn’t because I know that he’ll come.
 
 
 
 
                     “That guy...he’ll really get it once I see him...” I utter.
 
 
I stopped when I see him sitting there. He looks upset about something. He must think that I’m gone. Surprisingly, my irritation disappears the moment I see him there.
 
 
                      “I said, thirty minutes.” I say.
 
He looks up.
 
 
                       “Athena? You’re still here?” 
 
I sit, leaving few inches between us. I give him the other frappe I’m holding.
 
 
                       “You are ten minutes late...what should we do? We can no longer go on a date....”
 
He just stares at me.
 
                       “I’m a very punctual person so I strictly follow the time.” I also shrug my shoulders and stand up.
 
                       “I know I’m late and I’m sorry for that...but..can’t you at least re-consider?” he asks.
 
It’s really fun to .
 
                       “A deal is a deal...I don’t usually make an exception.” I started walking.
After taking a few steps, I look back at him.
 
                       “But...Seeing that you still came despite the suddenness of my invitation, I appreciate it.”
 
Looking at his hair, I can say that he forgot to even comb it. He’s wearing a plain white t-shirt and faded jeans indicating that I really made him move promptly because of the time limit. I somehow feel sorry because I really didn’t mean to rush him. It just came out of my mouth. 
 
 
As for his appearance, he carries himself just fine. His simple clothing and no make-up face made him more charming and manly.
 
 
                        “So...where should we go?” I add.
 
His face brightens.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
We talk about random things as we walk leisurely and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Jeju. 
 
 
 
 
                        “Look, that signboard says that we can ride a submarine there.” I point the signboard hanging not far from us. The sea is calm and I think it’ll be a good chance to observe the beauty underneath it.
 
Athena follows me without complaining. First, we ride a boat that brought us to the port where the submarine is. The interior of the submarine is better than what I expected. It is quite small but comfortable. We sit next to the round glass window. We started to go deeper to the sea.
 
 
                        “Is this your first time on a submarine tour?” I ask.
 
                        “Yeah. I tried scuba diving and snorkelling but not this one.” She answers.
 
                        “This is my second time.”
 
                        “Ah...you already took a girl on a date here?”
 
                        “What? No! Why do you always assume that way?”
 
She just smiles.
 
                        “It was when DBSK went here for a vacation. I went with my members.”
 
She nods.
 
                        “You probably miss the other two. I heard the five of you were very close.”
 
                        “Yes...we started together...we really formed a bond so what happened was quite difficult.”
 
I still feel sad whenever I remember the old times. DBSK is my foundation and it will always be a part of me.
 
                        “Do you keep in touch with them?”
 
                        “We still keep their numbers. We tried to call them a lot of times but they haven’t answered. Everyone was hurt by the separation but Yoochun, Junsu, and I believe that time will heal us all.”
 
She didn’t speak a word but I know that she sincerely listened to me. 
 
 
                         “Are you gay?” she blurted out after a while making me surprised.
 
                         “W-what?” 
 
                         “While I was surfing the net, I learned that you are a couple with one of DBSK members...”
 
I smirk. I know that she's just trying to make the atmosphere light since I became serious after speaking about my former group.
 
 
                          “That's just a fan thing...Yunho is a very close friend to me but it doesn't mean that we are really an item...We are men.” I answer.
 
                          “Is that so? Well....I'm just checking.” she smiles.
 
                          “You even doubted? After what happened to us that night?”
 
Her eyes widen.
 
                          “W-hat are you implying?” 
 
It's funny how she feels uneasy that I mention that.
 
                          “You should know very well if I'm really gay because of that night...in your house. Something happened right?”
 
                          “Is there? I don't remember a thing.” she lies with blushing cheeks.
 
I enjoy seeing her like that. Her innocent and shy behaviour shows.
 
                          “Aishh...why do you have to bring it up?!”
 
                          “Not mentioning it doesn't mean that it did not happen.” I say.
 
                          “At times...I really want to strangle you.” she says.
 
I move my face towards her and show my neck. We look at each other but ended up laughing.
 
We only stop talking when we see the beautiful corals outside the window. Different amazing fish are swimming around. Athena observes with a smile in her face. I steal some glance at her face.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
                           “I'm hungry...where should we eat?” I ask.
 
Athena thinks for a minute.
 
                           “Hmm...I know a place...follow me.” she says.
 
 
We find ourselves in a small wet market.
 
 
                           “Are we going to cook?” I ask.
 
                           “No...Mom will...”
 
                           “Your mom?”
 
                           “Yes. She's at the villa we rented. She wanted to see you anyway.”
 
                           “Really?”
 
                           “Yeah...so let's hurry up..”
 
We buy fresh sea foods.
 
 
                           “The two of you looks like famous people..” the old woman says as we buy her goods.
 
                           “Do you think we are popular grandma?” I ask.
 
                           “Yes...You and your wife looks like people on TV.” she answers. 
 
                           “I always hear from people that I should be an actress...but they don't think the same about my husband...he looks really ordinary.” Athena says playing along with the situation.
 
                           “But your husband is really good looking...”
 
                           “Grandma...since me and my wife are here for our honeymoon, what could be the best seafood to eat?”
 
Athena looks at me.
 
                            “Oyster is really good for fertility...” she stares at Athena's body. “Your wife has a good body to carry a child...She has curves in all the right places.”
 
Athena blushes.
 
                            “Grandma...” she says then shot me with a warning look.
 
I ignore it.
 
                            “We'll take oysters too...please give us a discount.” I say.
 
The old woman gives us all the items we bought.
 
                            “Aren't you really TV people?”
 
                            “Anniyo, Grandma...but looking like celebrities is good. Thank you so much Grandma..” she says.
 
                            “Aigoo...what a pleasant-looking young couple! You’ll make beautiful kids.” the old woman praises.
 
                            “Thank you grandma. I hope you'll sell all of them...” I say as we bid goodbye to the old vendor.
                  
                            “Even the grandma thinks that you have a good figure....good for child-bearing.” I .
 
 
She elbows me and walks faster. I laugh while holding my side.
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
Athena enters a small store so I follow her.
 
 
 
She goes to the socks section and picks the blue and gray stripped socks. She paid for it and hand it to me.
 
 
                              “Wear it now.” she says.
 
                              “Huh?”
 
                              “When you pulled up your pants earlier in the wet market, I saw that you're not wearing socks.”
 
 
I forgot to put on socks because I was in a hurry earlier.
 
 
I sit and put on the socks. Athena brushes my hair with her fingers.
 
 
 
                               “You also forgot to brush your hair.” she says.
 
From my hair, her eyes meet mine. She stops and moves away.
 
                               “Hurry up....” she says.
 
 
 
 
She knows that I came out in a hurry when she called me so I forgot some things and she compensates for that. It was unexpected but I'm really moved by her gestures. I don't know what makes her change her mind but I'm just glad that she's starting to accept me. I can feel that she's really trying to lower her wall bit by bit...letting me in on her small circle.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                 “Did you come here from Seoul?” Athena's mom asks while putting the food in the table.
 
                                 “No, I didn't. Actually I'm here in Jeju for the drama taping.”
 
                                 “So you are an actor?”
 
                                 “I'm a singer but I also try acting.”
 
                                 “Is that so?”
 
Athena comes to put the other dishes in the table.
 
                                 “You must be tired...eat well.” Ommoni puts the foods near me.
 
                                 “All of them looks good Ommoni...”
 
                                 “I really cook them for you.”
 
                                 “Thank you, I'll enjoy them.”
 
 
The foods are really great. She cooks well making me remember my mother.
 
 
I see the oysters and I smile. When I look up, I see Athena, looking at me. I know that she knows what I'm thinking. She gave me the 'Don't even think about it!' expression.
 
 
                                  “Do you know that Athena's first ever TV exposure is a facial wash CF?”
 
                                  “Really?”
 
                                  “Yes. I remember that it took five hours to shoot that. I came to Seoul to join her because she was very nervous. It's the first time for us to see how things like that work so we were both exhausted. But it was fun...” she says.
 
                                  “Then the next CF shoot, you made kimbap for everybody...” Athena says and they chuckle.
 
 
 
They really look close and affectionate. Athena's gloomy and cold expression has been replaced by this bright and happy one.
 
 
 
The entire dinner was fun. Ommoni and I talked a lot. She asked me some things about me and in exchange, she told me different stories of Athena's childhood. We had a great time chatting that we somehow forgot about Athena.
 
 
 
                                     “Ommoni...I think I have to go now.” I say after seeing the time. 
 
                                     “Okay...be careful on your way. Ae Young ah...walk Jaejoong back.”
 
                                     “Do I really have to? He's got feet...”
 
Ommoni pulls her and push towards me.
 
                                     “Enjoy your moonlight date. Son-in-law, visit us in Seoul okay?”
 
I smile and bow.
 
                                     “Yes Ommoni...Thank you again for the delicious meal.”
 
 
 
Athena and I walk along the beach.
 
 
                                      “Your mother is really cool...She already recognize me as a son-in-law.”
 
                                      “She has a terrible taste when it comes to men.” she says.
 
 
I slowly grab her hand and entwine our fingers together.  She didn't complain or say anything. She blushes and look the other way to hide her shyness. I smile. I'm really happy to be with her like this.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
The moon shines brightly in the evening sky. The air is cool and the sea wave is the only sound that can be heard.
 
 
                            “Your mother is really cool...She already recognize me as a son-in-law.” Jaejoong says.
 
Mom's obvious approval gives him higher confidence.
 
                             “She has a terrible taste when it comes to men.” I say bluntly.
 
 
 
I'm surprised when he grabs my cold hand. I look at him for a moment. He's looking on the road but when he turns at me, I immediately look away. My face feels hot because of shyness. Why do I feel like a teenage girl who's anxious about her first date? I blow out some air slowly to lessen my tense feelings.
 
 
 
I cannot deny that I like feeling his warm hand with mine. We walk 'till we reach the cemented road.
 
 
 
                          “Why does the time run so fast?” he says.
 
I look at him.
 
                           “Can I ask for another date?” he asks.
 
                           “I'll think about it...Once I go back to Seoul.” I answer.   
 
We continue to walk.
 
                            “An aquarius and a leo together!”
 
 
We both look at the woman. She's obviously a foreigner.
 
 
                             “What do you mean?” I ask in English.
 
 
 
                             “I'm just amused to see such unusual combination...what do you think will happen when the free-spirited Aquarius meets the strong-willed Leo?” She speaks in Korean.
 
                              “Wow...you can speak Korean?” Jaejoong asks.
 
                              “Yeah...I've been here for years.”
 
                              “My friend tells fortune using the constellations...she's really good.” Her Korean companion says. 
 
                              “Ah...then what do you mean when you said Aquarius and Leo earlier?” Jaejoong asks.
 
                              “I base my reading on zodiac signs and reading your auras, I think you are Aquarius and Leo...Can you tell me your birthdays?”
 
 
I try to pull Jaejoong away but he stops me. 
 
 
 
                               “Let's listen to her. Just for fun.” he tells the woman our birthdays.
 
                               “Then I'm right. She's a Leo and you are an Aquarius.”
 
                               “I'm not really familiar with zodiacs...can you tell us about it?” he asks.
 
 
                               “The symbol for Aquarius is the Water-Bearer, a universal man who is pouring forth water from a jug. This universal man represents the community of mankind. The waters of life flow, like ideas coming from the unrestrained mind. Aquarius is free-spirited, with good communication skills, sociable people, and full of ideas. They don't let duties and responsibilities stop them to live a full and happy life. However, their being laid back and know-it-all attitude might put others off.”
 
 
I agree. He's the laid back type.
 
 
 
                                “Though they have many acquaintances, Aquarius rarely lets people get to know them on a deep level.  They're not the type to buy friendship. Why should they? They are very generous individuals and happy to help anyone in times of need. On the other hand, if an Aquarian sees a possible loss of freedom, or if they feel cloistered, they're bound to make a bolt for the door. The Water Bearer is an adventurer. Be sure to keep an open mind, and they'll take you to some exciting new places. In love, They're very rational and has logical view of life meanwhile can be at once a curse and a blessing when it comes to relationships and you are likely to find that they are very reasonable and not prone to emotional outbursts, but at the same time that they may seem somewhat cold and calculating in their emotions which can be frustrating for a highly emotional partner. That said their own predictability can mean that they sometimes are hard to predict and that they can come across as illogical themselves. In other areas of life they can also be erratic and may seem to 'come and go as they please'.”
 
 
I nod.
 
                                  “Ah...I see..”
 
                                  “What? It does not apply to me when it comes to love.” Jaejoong says.
 
                                  “As for the leo...” the woman continues.
 
                                  “Let's hear yours....” he says and listens to her.
 
 
                                  “The Lion is considered the king of the jungle, and likewise Leos have an air of royalty about them. But Lions are more than roar, for they are truly magnificent beasts. They have warm of spirit, eager for action and are driven by a desire to be respected and be loved for what they bring to others. They have the attitude of "What you see is what you get." They tend to live life straightforwardly and free from drama. Leo naturally stands out from the crowd in some way, and is generally not a team player. B with pride, they are determined to make the most of their assets. A super-achiever, Leo sets high standards for themselves and are an inspiration to others.  As a natural leader, they will use the power of their personality to direct and guide those around them. In friendship, they will always go out of their way to give helpful hints or use many contacts to help push friends up the ladder of success. They offer genuine friendship with a heart-felt urge to give generously and aid those in need. When it comes to love, there is a tremendous sense of loyalty in their relationships. As a Leo you have a fierce sense of responsibility towards your partner. Once scorned in love, however, Leo will withdraw her affections and the light, once brilliant, can go cold.”
 
 
 
Strange but I think she really describes me well.....
 
 
 
                                    “How about us, are we compatible?” Jaejoong asks.
 
                                    “As I said earlier, I was amazed seeing a Leo and Aquarius because you are totally opposite, not a common combination. The only similarity is that both are determined, persistent and resilient. They are survivors and can weather many storms together. However, both signs are fixed in nature causing a powerful conflict to arise. Leo wants to be in control and can be very authoritarian, but Aquarius has a rather rebellious, freedom-loving nature and resists Authority. Though having no desire to be on top, Aquarius will not be compliant or domesticated either. Despite the differences, you find each other fascinating, frustrating, and intriguing--all at the same time and that will make your relationship intense but with passion.”
 
 
                                      “Whaa....I think it's good...I think I found a good person to love. The same with what you said, this woman is very hard-headed and always keeps me at the edge.”
 
                                       “Me? Hard-headed? Excuse me, but I think you're talking about yourself.” I disagree.
 
                                       “See? She likes to argue too...”
 
The woman smiles.
 
                                       “My only advice to the two of you according to the stars is to learn how to adjust to your differences. The best thing Aquarius can do for Leo is communicate. It is absolutely imperative that you let each other know exactly what you want or need. If the lines of communication in this partnership ever shut down, confusion will be the end result. Leo and Aquarius are exact opposites on the astrological wheel. Attractions like these are extremely good or equally as bad. It is a partnership that can work. Just remember that it will take some work to make it last.”
 
                                        “Thank you so much. We'll keep that in mind.” Jaejoong says as we say goodbye.
 
                                        “Good luck.” says the woman.
 
We continue with our walk.
 
                                         “See that? We had a free consultation to an expert. I feel really great.”
 
                                         “You believe astrology?” I ask.
 
                                         “It's just a guide...and it's fun too...I think what she said are believable..”
 
                                         “Ah....you mean the 'come and go as they please'?”
 
                                         “No! I told you that it doesn't apply to me..I'm not like that.”
 
I smile. 
 
                                         “Go back to your hotel.” I say. 
 
                                         “Then why are still holding my hand?”
 
I notice that our hands are still entwined. I shook his hand off.
 
                                         “Who's holding on to whom? Keep your hand to yourself!” I walk away.
 
He laughs.
 
                                         “Aren't you going to give me a good night kiss? Our date will end like this?” he continues to tease me.
 
                                          “Aishh...you're so irritating!”
 
He has a big smile on his face.
 
                                          “I had a great time. Good night!” he yells.
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
[Author's Note]
 
 
 
I did research for the astrological part....I took the data I used from the internet and I want to acknowledge the following for the reference:
 
 
 
www.huffingtonpost.com/www.healthguidance.com/http://www.essortment.com/http://www.cafeastrology.com
 
Thank you for waiting for my updates....
I'll wait for some comments . ^-^
Have a wonderful day to all of you guyz!