Reaching an understanding

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Athena's POV

 

 

            “Athena...please give a statement about the said incident on the restaurant yesterday..” one of the paparazzi says while we are on the move to the set.

 

            “The video is all over the net...” says the other.

 

Cameras keep flashing here and there and wearing my dark sunglasses is not helping either.

 

            “Why did you slap her?”

 

I didn't open my mouth and just walk within the small empty path that the security could provide to us in this sea of paparazzi.

 

 

            “Nobody knows the details aside from the involved parties so let us not assume or judge that easy because of what we've seen....that's the only thing we can say about it..” my manager says to them.

 

 

My head is aching and my mood is still not okay after all that happened.

 

            “Ms. Go, can you please get me a coffee on the nearest coffee shop?” I say once we enter my dressing room.

 

            “Okay. What kind?”

 

            “Americano...”

 

She left the room and I sit at the chair to get my make up and hair done.

 

            “Past days are tough, right?” My make-up artist says while getting me ready for my make-up.

            “Yeah...very..” I answer genuinely.

            “Even staffs like me had a hard time entering the place because of those paparazzi...I thought I became a celebrity too...” she jokes to cheer me up.

 

I chuckle. It made it somehow light and I'm thankful for that.

 

I pick up my script. I have to rehearse my lines now because I wasn't able to do that yesterday.

Somebody enters the room. Ms. Go is quick I thought.

 

            “That was quick....” I stop once I see No Min Woo from the mirror in front of me.

            “Can we talk?” he says looking at my make-up artist.

            “I'll go out for a moment.” she says but I stop her.

            “You can stay.” I say to her then turn to No Min Woo. “If you can't say it here without her then, forget it.”

He sighs.

            “Why didn't you reply my messages?” he asks. He sent me “concern” messages yesterday.

            “I don't feel obligated to reply to your messages.”

            “Are you okay?” he asks ignoring how I answered his first question.

            “Still breathing as you can see.”

 

He gives me those quiet stares. His eyes are showing concern expressions but I'm not accepting his concern or whatever.

 

            “Are you done? Because if you are...then you can go. As you can see, I'm studying my lines...”

            “Yeah...I just checked up on you...see you later.” he says before exiting.

 

 

How the hell he got my number? Should I change to another one? I roll my eyes...my headache is getting worse.

 

 

            “Seems like he's more than concern...what if he ask you to be with him again?” the make-up artist asks.

 

She bit her lips after. She must have realized that she asked a personal question but since she made me chuckle earlier, I will not make a fuzz about it.

            “Not a chance.” I answer and go back to studying my lines again.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Yoochun's POV

 

 

My jaw locks while I stare at Park Ha and that guy from the glass wall of the restaurant. I finally finished all the schedules I have so I immediately went to her house but I found out from Chae Kyung that she's now on a date. I couldn’t go there even though I really want to pull her out. A lot of people are inside and if I do that, it will only make a scene.

 

Jealousy eats my heart every time Park Ha smiles and laugh with him. How could she go on a date after I told her about my feelings?

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

 

I look at my phone. Is she working at this time? In the end, I press the call button.

 

            “Jaejoong.” she answers the phone after the second ring. Her voice is a bit low.

            “Athena....I called to check up on you. How are you?”

            “I guess, I'm fine now.”

            “Are you on the set?”

            “Yes. By the way, about yesterday....I want to say thank you...though I really feel embarrassed that you have to witness all of that....I still feel grateful that you were there. I really appreciate it.” With the sound of her voice, I could say that she smile a bit.

 

This is the first time that she thanked me and I feel really happy that she told me about how she feels.

 

 

            “You don't have to thank me...I was there because I really want to be there for you.”

            “You have no idea how glad I am that you called....I have a headache earlier but I think I'm feeling okay now after I hear your voice.” she says.

I could feel my heart beat accelerated.

            “I'm also happy that you are starting to tell me about what you feel.....”

She didn't say anything.

            “What time will you finish filming?” I ask.

            “I still have to film two scenes, why?”

            “I'm about to be finished filming too...I could swing by and give you a ride home.”

            “Paparazzi are outside...but maybe I'll just meet you a few blocks away..”

I smile.

            “Okay...”

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Park Ha's POV

 

Kim Joon is more than I expected him to be. He is gentleman, kind, and funny too. I enjoy talking to him because of his casual attitude. He also tries hard to make me feel comfortable in his company.

 

            “You know what, I honestly think that I could fall for you.” he boldly says.

I am surprised by what he said. I don't know how to react.

            “Uhm..How could you say such thing like it is so casual?” I say.

He let out a chuckle.

            “Don't be pressured by what I said. We'll take it step by step. Let's just enjoy each other’s company for now.”

I sigh in relief.

            “Yes...I agree with that.”

He looks at his wristwatch.

            “The night is still young...you want to go to the park? Let's go for a walk and chat a little more.” he suggests.

            “O-okay.” I smile.

 

Like the gentleman he is, he assists me as we go out of the restaurant.

 

            “Are you cold? Do you want to borrow my coat?” he gesture to take off his coat.

            “No! Don't bother...I'm not cold.” I wave my hand.

We continue to walk towards his car. Kim Joon opens the door for me but a hand closes it.

            “I'm sorry but your date ends here.”

My eyes go wide when I see Yoochun.

            “Yoochun sshi?!”

            “Wait, do you know him?” Kim Joon asks me.

            “Y-yeah..”

            “I hope this is the last time you'll see my girl.” Yoochun says that shocks me.

            “So, you are dating a celebrity?” Kim Joon asks me calmly.

I open my mouth but couldn't find my voice.

            “Yes, we are dating.” Yoochun answers in my place.

I'm so confused that I only look at Kim Joon. I really feel embarrass towards him.

Kim Joon smiles.

            “I understand. I don't know that she's already taken.” he says to him then turns to me. “What a waste...I hope I get to meet you first...anyway, nice meeting you Park Ha sshi. I wish you two good luck.” 

 

He rides his car and drive away. Though he was caught off guard with Yoochun's arrival, he handled things coolly like a true gentleman.

I could not believe with what just happen.

           

            “I thought I eliminated him the first time yet, you still went out with him...” he utters.

            “You...what? You mean, you are responsible the first time I couldn't go to our date?”

            “Any guy in my situation will do that.”

            “Yoochun sshi...do you know what did you just do? It's really difficult to find a person like that!”

He faces me with a serious expression.

            “You think it's a waste? Do you want to continue your date with him? Then you are free to go after him.” he sarcastically says.

            “What's happening to you? Why are you like this?” I ask.

            “Why am I like this? How could you ask that after what you did?!” he angrily says.

            “W-hat did I do?” I don’t have clue.

            “How could you go on a date with other guy after I confessed my heart to you?!” he yells.

            “But....Isn't that just a mistake? You told me that you like somebody then suddenly confess to me....how do you think I'll think of that? How would somebody believe a drunk confession?!” I started to feel some frustrations too.

 

I like him that's for sure and that's why I have to focus myself with other guys....I don't want to hope and be hurt in the end.

 

            “What should I do to make you realise that it's you. It's you whom I like. You are the woman I'm talking about that day. It was too obvious, why can't you get it?”

            “You didn't show yourself to me after that...what do you expect me to think?”

            “That's because I want to give you time to think about it, you babo.”

            “I'm stupid? It's you who---”

 

 

I wasn't able to finish my words because he claims my lips. I'm so surprised but the sweet sensation made me close my eyes. My heart beats fast. Suddenly, I feel like there's a music that only Yoochun and I could hear. I only imagined how his kiss would feels like whenever I write my fanfics but it's nothing like this. I cannot put into words how great it is.

 

Our lips parted. I could smell his sweet breath.

 

 

            “You are mine now so don't ever think of going to another man again, okay?” he whispers.

I nod like a child. He totally got me under his spell.

            “Yoochun sshi...am I dreaming now?” I ask.

He shakes his head.

            “This is real. Park Ha, I love you.” he says while looking in my eyes.

            “I....I love you too, Yoochun.” the words comes out by themselves.

Yoochun smiles and embraces me.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Junsu's POV

 

            “Yoochun hyung....where are you?” I ask him on the phone.

            “I'm sorry Junsu, I don't think I can make it today.” he answers.

            “Huh? Why?”

            “Our filming is not over yet...I still have a few scenes to shoot.”

            “Is that so? Okay....I understand..”

            “Sorry, Junsu ah...”

 

After hanging up, Jaejoong hyung calls.

            “Jaejoong hyung, the play will start after fifteen minutes...where are you?”

            “I was on my way but the traffic jam is crazy....I think I can't go there.”

            “No...You too?! But Jaejoong hyung, you promised me that you'll come...”

            “I really want too but I just can't....maybe next time..”

            “O-kay...”

            “I'm so sorry.”

 

I hang up the phone feeling so down. Hae Won approach me.

 

            “Junsu sshi, is something wrong?” she asks.

            “Jaejoong and Yoochun hyung couldn't come.” I answer.

            “Oh my...but I'm sure they have reasons for that...”

I smile bitterly.

            “Don't be sad...I'm here to watch your performance..” she consoles me.

            “How could you watch...you are in it too?”

            “Yes that's true...but not all the scenes...I'll watch you from the side of the stage when I don't have a scene.”

            “Really?”

She nods. I must say, she knows how to comfort me.

            “Surprise!”

I look and see Jaejoong hyung and Yoochun hyung there. I feel dumbfounded.

            “W-hat...? You said....”

They laugh.

            “See, we got you!” Yoochun hyung says.

            “How could you trick me like that?!”

            “It's Yoochun's idea.” Jaejoong hyung says.

Yoochun looks at him.

            “Yeah that was my idea but I only though that I'll do it alone...why did you call him and said that you wouldn't come too?”

            “Aisshh....”

            “You did it both.” I say.

            “By the way Yoochun, why did you ask me to go and watch together with you? Where's your girlfriend?” Jaejoong says.

            “She has to go to work.” he answers.

            “So, you and Park Ha sshi are now....?!” I'm really surprised.

Yoochun hyung nods but place his index finger in front of his lips.

            “Yah! How about you?! Why didn't you bring At----”

Jaejoong hyung immediately cover Yoochun hyung's mouth. Other people are walking around.

            “Here...” Jaejoong hyung hand me the flowers in his hand. “Congratulation....I'll look forward to the play.”

            “Thanks.”

Then I remember about Hae Won. She's still there at my back, silently observing my hyungs.

            “I almost forgot, Jaejoong hyung, Yoochun hyung, this is In Hae Won. Hae Won sshi, these are my hyungs...they are my JYJ members.

            “Nice to meet you, Hae Won sshi...I'm Jaejoong.” Jaejoong hyung shakes hand with her.

            “I'm happy to finally meet you Hae Won sshi....Junsu couldn't stop talking about you when we are together.” Yoochun says.

            “What are you saying?!” I say out of embarrassment.

Hae Won smiles.

            “Your members seem nice.” she says at me.

            “Here.” Yoochun hyung gestures to give the flower bouquet to her.

            “Why? It's for me right?” I ask.

            “You are a guy....what are you going to do with it? Do you want me to give it to her?” he holds to the flowers in my hand trying to get it from me.

            “No! I'll give it to her.” I say and hand it over Hae Won.

            “But....this is for you...isn't it?” she asks.

            “I want to congratulate you in advance for your performance later.” I reply.

She chuckles.

            “Thank you...I'll accept it then.” she says.