Breakfast at Park Ha's

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

[Continuation of Yoochun’s visit to Park Ha the night he called Jaejoong]
 
 
Yoochun's POV
 
 
 
 
Park Ha switched the TV channel to news. She’s considerate enough to not watch celebrity gossips in front of me. We talk and joke just like the usual but certain news about a woman rescued after being injured badly because of the physical abuse she got from her husband got our attention.
 
 
 
 
                        “How dare that person do such thing to his wife.  He’s not a man!” I utter.
 
This kind of things annoys me.
 
                        “The first time he lays a finger on her, she should have left him already. Why would she stay that long and endure all that?”
 
                        “It’s because she’s not strong enough.” Park Ha whispers.
 
I turn to her and see the loneliness in her eyes.
 
 
 
                        “Two years ago, I’m like her...” she smiles bitterly before continuing.
 
                        “After high school, I told my parents that I’ll live by myself. I actually came to Seoul to follow my boyfriend. We lived together for three years. He hits me whenever he’s drunk and apologizes once he’s sober.
 
 
 
                       “Kwenchanna...he didn’t really mean to hurt me...Oppa loves me and takes care of me, how can I leave him? Oppa won’t do it again because he promised me..If I leave, where would I go?I live each day saying that to myself. I couldn’t dare to step forward and leave him because I love him so much. I kept forgiving him and hope that he’ll stop doing it one day.”
 
 
 
I could see the pain in her story. Her eyes show tears that she’s holding back from falling. I hold her hand to comfort her.
 
 
                       “One night, he was so angry that he pulls out a knife to threaten me. It scares the hell out of me. That moment, I realized that he doesn’t really love me and he won’t change. Fortunately, I managed to escape. I wander on the streets of Seoul without a single penny in my pocket. But God is really good...somebody helped me. Then I work bit by bit to start a new life.”
 
 
                        “I’m really glad that you escaped that miserable life. Nobody should suffer like that. About your ex, what happened to him?”
 
                        “A year ago, I found out that he was imprisoned. I didn’t care to know why.”
 
                        “How do you feel now?”
 
                        “I’m okay now. My life is doing great and I live without fear. I have friends and a job that I love.”
 
                        “You don’t deserve a guy like that. A man who will love and keep you safe...is the one deserving of you.” I say holding her hand tighter. 
 
 
It was actually unexpected to know that a bright and happy person like her had that kind of suffering in the past. I admire her even more for not living with a trace of that. She chose to move on with a positive outlook.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Park Ha’s POV
 
 
 
I finished washing the dishes. What is he watching now?
Yoochun slept on the sofa. I turn off the TV and come back to my room to get a blanket and pillow for him. I decided not to wake him up because he’s sleeping deeply now. I put the pillow beneath his head and cover him with a blanket.
 
 
I surprised myself that I opened up on him regarding that dark era of my life. I don’t usually tell people about that because it is something I’m not proud of. I didn’t mention a thing to my co-workers and Chae Kyung. I suddenly regret telling him. He probably sees me now as a pathetic and weak person who needs sympathy. 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Hae Won's POV

 
 
 
                      “Oppa, I'll turn the radio on okay?”
 
 
He nods so I did. I was in the middle of changing stations when I hear Junsu's song being played.
 
 
My love looks for you
Hidden in my memory
Guarded in my heart
I know your love is not mine
But just for one more day
Have to send you away
Gonna send you away...
 
 
 
                        “You know that song?” Oppa asks.
 
                        “Huh?” I turn to him.
 
                        “You are singing along..” 
 
                        “Ah...yes...the song is nice.”
 
                        “Hmm...the beat is interesting..” he comments.
 
 
I smile. I don't know why but I feel so proud.
 
 
                        “Ah...by the way, on Sunday...do you have any schedule?” he asks.
 
                        “I'm free in the evening. Why?”
 
                        “My co-worker saw you when you visited the office. She wants to set you up on a date with her younger brother.”
 
I just stare at him.
 
 
We have to stop for a moment because of the traffic light. Oppa turns at me.
 
                        “I've seen her brother. He works as a high school teacher. He's the same age as you and good looking too. I think you'll like him. So, what do you think?”
 
                        “O..oppa, don't you think you should be the one to look for a date?”
 
                        “Don't worry about me. Oppa is cool to find you a date right? You'll attend it....right?”
 
I just stare back at him. I really don't know what to answer.
 
                        “Still hesitating? Don't worry...I already checked up on him and he's a possible match for you. So you are going...Sunday okay?” he confirms.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Yoochun's POV
 
 
 
I open my eyes and sees a woman staring at my face. She's too close and I couldn't say anything. She blink her eyes a few times.
 
 
 
 
                       “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!”
 
She squeals so loudly that I feel like my ear drums will break. I immediately get up.
 
                       “Chae Kyung ah.....what is it? It hurts my ears you know?” Park Ha comes out of a room holding her ear.  
 
                       “Park...P-park Yoo-Yoochun! He's in our house sleeping in the sofa!” the woman stammers with her finger pointing at me.
 
Park Ha comes out of her senses. We look at each other.
 
                      “Chae Kyung ah....calm down...neighbors might think that there's a burglar in this early morning.”
 
The woman immediately covers .
 
                      “I know it might sound crazy but Park Yoochun sshi is my friend...He went for a visit last night but he was so tired that I didn't get to wake him up when he slept on the sofa.”
Chae Kyung has her eyes big.
 
                      “T-the two of you are f-friends?!”
 
                      “I'm Park Yoochun.” I offer my hand for a quick handshake. 
 
                     “I-I'm Cho Chae K-kyung...Park Ha's housemate...” 
 
                      “Sorry that I barged in last night without your permission.”
 
                      “No....I'm just surprised...You can barge in anytime you want...”
 
She pretends to faint but Park Ha catches her.
 
                      “Don't do that...it's too obvious.” 
 
                      “Is it?”
     
                      “Yeah..”
 
Chae Kyung chuckles.
 
                      “Yoochun sshi...sorry for not waking you up...Do you have any schedule to attend?”
 
I look at the clock.
 
                      “I have to go within an hour.”
 
                      “Then you can stay for breakfast...Just wait here...we'll prepare.”
 
I nod. 
 
                      “Me too?” Chae Kyung asks her.
 
                      “Of course!” and Park Ha grabs her.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Park Ha's POV
 
 
 
 
                      “I couldn't believed that you became friends like that....” Chae Kyung says as I continue to fry some eggs. I told her the whole truth.
 
                      “You're just his fanfic writer and now he's your friend...he's even visiting you..”
 
                      “Yeah I know it's crazy right?”
 
                      “He's too handsome....He looks exactly like a prince as he sleeps...I never imagined that I'll see him the first thing in the morning.” she says in a dreamy tone.
 
                      “I'm warning you Chae Kyung ah....don't tell anyone about it.”
 
                      “Who would believe me if I tell people that? Am I crazy?! I still want to live....his sasaengs and fans might kill me in jealousy if they'll know.”
 
I sigh.
 
                      “By chance....is he courting you? Is there something going on between you two?!”
 
                      “No!” I keep a low voice. 
 
                      “That would be hard...it's like a death sentence for you! Although death sentence is nothing in exchange of being loved by that prince-like guy. I totally understand if you fall for him but we both know what will happen to you once that happens..Park Ha, he is an idol...an IDOL!”
 
                       “Yeah I know that. You don't have to mind me. I know that greed won't bring me any good. I'll make sure that both my feet are cemented in the ground.” I answer.  
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Yoochun's POV
 
 
 
                    “Chae Kyung ah....mind your food.” Park Ha says to Chae Kyung who's been staring at me as she eats.
 
                    “Yoochun sshi couldn't eat well because you keep staring at him.”
 
I chuckle.
 
                    “I'm just so happy to meet Yoochunie...”
 
                    “Y-Yoochunie?! This girl!”
 
                    “Or Yoochun Oppa?” Chae Kyung says in an aegyo way.
 
                    “Chincha!” Park Ha puts down her spoon. “You are the same age as him!”
 
I smile.
 
                    “Why...who said that I couldn't call him oppa? Tough we're on the same age, he feels like an oppa to me.” Chae Kyung reasons out making Park Ha roll her eyes.
 
                    “Oppa....next time, bring your members with you. I really like JYJ. Junsu is so cute! Jaejoong is so y.....but you are the Jjang!” she says giving me two thumbs up.
 
I laugh because of that.
 
                     “You said that right?” I say to her.
 
                     “Don't believe that girl. She couldn't be faithful at all. She's really crazy about BEAST.”
 
Chae Kyung gives Park Ha the threatening look.
 
                     “What?! How about the love of your life Kim Jae Wook? Are you going to deny him now?”
 
Chae Kyung couldn't answer when she hears Kim Jae Wook. 
 
I chuckle while filling the glasses with water. 
 
                      “It's empty...I'll just get another.” I say.
 
Park Ha points the refrigerator. 
 
I really feel comfortable and great. I never thought that I'll be able to sleep that well on a couch.
I took out another pitcher from the fridge when a note attached to it caught my attention.
 
 
 
NOTE TO PARK HA:
 
 
Don't forget your blind date on Sunday. 7:00 pm at H lounge bar---Gangnam.
 
Goodluck!
 
--Chae Kyung ;)
 
 
 
I look back at Park Ha whose getting some light hit from Chae Kyung. 
 
 
 
I sneakily take the note. I crumpled it and put inside my pocket.