Out in the open

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Park Ha’s POV

 

 

            “Oh, Gosh! Wherever I look, I could see Jaejoong and Athena...” Hae Won expresses.

 

We decided to meet and go shopping. Every newsstand sells newspapers and tabloids with scoop about the couple. Jaejoong admitted to dating Athena hours after she denied the rumors in her impromptu press conference.

 

We stop for some coffee. Hae Won and I take the table in the cafe’s porch.

 

            “Isn’t that romantic? Jaejoong announced to the world how much he loves her? I guess, Athena unni is really happy now....” Hae Won says in a dreamy tone.

            “I don’t think that’s good...” I comment.

            “Why?”

            “JYJ’s fans won’t let this go....I’m sure they’ll bash her non-stop. They won’t leave her alone....Poor girl...she already has to deal with paparazzi everyday of her life and now these fans....”

            “What do you mean?”

I mentally slap myself. Hae Won lived in the US for a long time so she’s not aware of these.

            “Do you know that DBSK, the former group of JYJ has the largest fan base in the world? And that’s Cassiopeia...though Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu are no longer part of DBSK, they are still being supported by them.”

            “So, isn’t it a great news?”

I sigh before talking again.

            “Cassiopeia fans are not the ordinary fan you are thinking of. They have the strongest passion towards their idols. They are overprotective and have the tendency to be obsessive. Why do you think it’s extra difficult for JYJ to be in a relationship? It’s not only because of their busy schedule but mainly because of the fans. Any girl who would be seen to be close to them will be bullied and threatened.”

            “Really? I don’t understand....in US, fans are supportive but they absolutely understand that their idols have their own lives too. For example, Hollywood stars could date whoever they want and people wouldn’t make big fuzz about it. Another one is Westlife ....they’re an Irish boy band...they are extremely famous but they get married one by one and they continue to succeed. The fans still love and support them along their career...”

            “But that’s not the case here...these fans act like they own these men. But the worse are the sasaengs...”

            “S-sasaengs?”

            “Yeah...they call themselves fans but they act like a stalker...they tail them 24/7, break into their homes, and do crazy stuff....crazy is not enough to describe them but insane....they’re really sick...”

 

Hae Won’s eyes become wide.

 

            “But....Junsu sshi never mention anything about these...”

            “I’m sure he doesn’t want you to be worried. Maybe he’s afraid that you’d turn away from him if you know....”

She didn’t say anything but look at me.

            “I’m telling you this not to frighten you. I want you to prepare yourself. Being a JYJ girlfriend is something that you should not take lightly. No matter how much you want everyone to know that he’s your man...you can’t just go around and tell people that Kim Junsu is your boyfriend. They take everything about JYJ seriously... even jokes.”

 

I sigh. This is the very same reason I never wanted to be involved with Yoochun in the first place. I always wanted to live a quiet life. I’ve been through a nightmare and I worked hard to live peacefully but now everything is in jeopardy.

 

            “Then....Athena unni will have a hard time....”

            “Going public will be even tougher for them....anyway, Athena is not ordinary. She’s strong so I think she could handle it. For now, we won’t be able to do anything but observe from the sidelines....Cassiopeia vs. Athena....”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Junsu’s POV

 

 

 

            “Athena is a who knows nothing but plows over people to get to the top and sad to say, Jaejoong is a willing victim.”

 

            “Open your eyes Jaejoong oppa....there’s nothing good about her!”

 

            “I’m so sick of hearing about this woman every hour of the day. Everybody is obsessed about her when she’s the stupidest alive! She’s done with models and actors so she’s moving on with an idol this time?!”

 

            “Kim Jaejoong doesn’t have taste when it comes to women!”

 

            “Omo! Can’t believe he’s telling everybody that he’s in love with a !”

 

            “This attention is at it again! It hasn’t been long since her mother died and she’s already flagging her new boy toy?! I’m so sick of her!”

 

            “What about Yunho?! I think Jaejoong is not considering his feelings....how could Yoochun and Junsu let him fall for a woman like her?”

 

            “I saw Athena’s anti-fan cafe....It has increased by a hundred thousand! Poor girl, she really made a bad decision of aiming for Kim Jaejoong....She just earned the wrath of Cassies!”

 

            “What I hate about her is that she keeps talking like she’s decent and all. She even mentions respect all the time when people know how she acts like a diva.

 

            “I’m really disappointed in Jaejoong oppa...:(  He’s getting blinded by beauty too...”

 

            “Jaejoong oppa, wake up! She’ll just play you around her finger.”

 

            “Jaejoong is not using his brain to accept this girl in his life.”

 

            “Don’t try to show your face in public Athena! You don’t know what a hard life is....I’ll make your life a living hell!”

 

            “Jaejoong Oppa, don’t you know that you caused cassies hearts to bleed with what you announced? How could you betray us like this?!”

 

            “Jaejoong and Athena?! I’m gonna die of crying!”

 

            “Today is the saddest day of my life.”

 

            “She’ll be the death of Kim Jaejoong....*sob*”

 

            “This is not true! I’d rather kill myself than to accept this relationship!”

 

            “He’s gay, she’s a conceited attention freak....what a laughable combo!”

 

            “Oh no! I’m literally crying all day long since I found out about this. T_T Why?! Why?! Jaejoong Oppa!”

 

            “Why do I have to see her face everywhere?! I start having bad thoughts like vandalizing her posters and hitting anything with her face on it. Jaejoong oppa, PLEASE BREAK UP WITH HER!”

           

 

Yoochun hyung and I exchange stares. We both expect this possibility but still got speechless with the confirmation. It hasn’t been 24 hours since Jaejoong hyung admitted his relationship with Athena sshi and it already got this kind of response from the public. People are displeased and they react negatively by saying cruel words towards them.

 

This is very harsh that I can no longer bring myself to continue reading. I don’t even want to think if it’s me and Hae Won…It brings chills to my bones to imagine that people would badmouth her like this.      

 

            “Good morning!” Jaejoong hyung arrives.

Yoochun hyung close the laptop in a hurry.

            “What are you doing?” he asks.

            “Uh….I’m just showing a cute fanfic to Junsu…” he answers.

            “Then why did you close it?”

            “We are done.”

Jaejoong hyung nods. I don’t know if he’s convinced with Yoochun hyung’s excuse.

            “Uhm…why did the CEO called you?” I ask.

            “He advised me to avoid being outside for now…”

I nod. We all knew what it means. It is a serious matter and avoiding is the best way to cool it down.

 

I look at Jaejoong hyung’s face to find if he’s upset but it’s the opposite. He seems like a satisfied and happy person in this very hour.

 

            “Congratulations hyung…” Yoochun says.

Jaejoong hyung smiles.

            “Are you happy?” I ask.

            “The truth is…I’m really glad. Now that everybody knows about us, I feel relieved. I never thought I could really date publicly…”

            “How about Athena sshi?”

            “She goes with my decision.”

            “Well...that’s good enough. I think that’s all you need for now...as long as you are both in this, you don’t have to worry about anything.” Yoochun hyung says to him.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

 

The clapping crowd stops after Director Choi talked. The movie ended so we will now thank the viewers for watching the film. I stand quietly there as No Min Woo and Lee Jang Woo greet the people.

 

 

            “Like what No Min Woo says, I hope you all enjoyed the movie. And also, on behalf of Nam Gyuri who cannot join us today due to her bad health condition, I would like to thank you all.” Jang Woo says before passing the microphone to me.

 

I breathe in calmly before taking it from him. Last time I talked like this, a woman slapped me in the face so there’s a little déjà vu atmosphere but I’m positive it won’t happen again this time.

 

            “Good evening.” I start.

My fans started screaming.

            “This movie was made with the purpose of giving you entertainment and inspiration. Did you all had a great time?”

            “YEAH!!!!!”

I smile with the good vibes from the viewers.

            “Everybody worked really hard for this so I’m really happy that you all appreciate it. From the bottom of my heart, together with all the crew and artists behind this movie...I would like to thank you all for coming down here tonight and watch. Take ca.....”

 

I couldn’t keep up with what I’m saying when DBSK’s Love in the Ice is played. The fans start screaming upon hearing Jaejoong’s voice but it has been replaced with boo’s from the people at the back.

 

I look at my co-stars. They also wonder why the song was played. Some staff looks at what’s happening and the song was stopped and replaced by the movie’s OST. The situation is not good. With the continuous boo from the people, we give our final bow before leaving the theatre. 

 

I apologize to Director Choi for all the drama that I accidentally got into the movie because of the scandals.

 

            “No big deal. I personally recruited you into this film so I'm prepared for your star power.”

He says with a smile. I know that he's making it sound light so I could feel at ease. I bow at him before moving with my crew.

 

I see No Min Woo standing a few yards away and he’s looking at me. Based in his expression, it seems like he didn’t like what just happened.

 

I’m just glad that we only have one more promotion activity to attend together and my business with him is completely over.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

           “It was an honest mistake.” Ms. Go says explaining about the DBSK song accidentally played by the audio crew.

 

I didn’t say anything. Aside from that, everything went well and I’m thankful for that.

 

            “Aren’t we going?” I ask afterwards. We are detained in this room because we are waiting for the place to be cleared first before leaving.

 

            “JYJ’s fans are outside.” Ms. Go answers.

My eyebrow furrows. What are they doing here? Did they become my fans too?

            “Plus the paparazzi...”

 

I breathe out some air. This is the first event I attended after I denied having relationship with Jaejoong in that press conference. I’m sure the papz are into frenzy again because it didn’t turn out the way I told them.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

I could no longer move forward so I stopped the car. Reporters are surrounding the theatre’s exit while fans are camping on the sidewalks. I look at my wristwatch. I’m sure that the movie is over. I ring Athena’s phone but she’s not answering, probably it’s on silent mode again.

 

I feel impatient so I unbuckle my seatbelt and the paparazzi start going towards me. I sigh before going out of my car.

 

 

            “Oh it’s really Kim Jaejoong!”

            “Kim Jaejoong, are you here to support your girlfriend Athena?”

            “Are you going to officially date in public from this point onwards?”

I ignore them and walk towards the door.

            “Jaejoong Oppa!!!”

 

I keep my lips close until I enter the door. I ask where to find Athena and the crew leads me to a room.

 

            “Jaejoong?” she wonders why I’m here.

She didn’t know that I’ll be here.

            “I came to fetch you.”

            “How about your work?”

            “Done. Do you still have a schedule?”

Athena looks at Ms. Go.

            “She’s also done for the day.” She answers.

            “Great.” I grab Athena’s purse and her hand. “Let’s go.”

            “Thank God you’re still here.” I say as we walk along the hallway.

            “We couldn’t leave yet. I heard your fans are now pals with the papz..” she says.

I smirk.

 

Once the door was opened, camera flashes and the fans go crazy. They are literally occupying the entire road.

 

            “There they are!!!”

            “Jaejoong, Athena can you please pose for some shots?”

            “Get them! Get them! Take some shots!”

We also hear some loud screams from my fans.

            “Oppa, andwae!!!”

            “Jaejoong oppa, don’t get fooled by her beauty!”

            “Oppa why did you betray us?!”

            “Jaejoong oppa, why her?!”

 

I lead Athena to my car. I want to make sure that nobody will touch her so I extend an arm in front of us while my other hand is holding her tightly. Reporters and fans keep yelling out but we just ignore them. I pull Athena from the crowd.

 

            “BREAK UP, BREAK UP, BREAK UP!!!!!” the fans shouts at us.

 

I open the door for Athena before going to the driver’s seat. It was a bit difficult to drive at first since the crowd feast around the car but we eventually managed to go. I notice some sasaengs getting into their taxis to follow us.

 

I grit my teeth.

 

            “What, are they following us now?” Athena asks.

 

I didn’t reply since we both know the answer to that. In a few moments, those taxis are around us. Athena looks at them from the tinted windows.

 

            “Whoa....nice back ups...I got mine at the back.” She points her thumb at the back. I gaze at the rear view mirror and see some reporter vehicles.

 

Normally, I get annoyed in this kind of situation but Athena sits there coolly and could even joke around. I’m somehow relieved and my mood starts to cool down too.

 

Then a taxi gets really close to us and a girl brings out half of her body from the window and taps Athena’s window. She’s obviously angry.

 

            “Is she crazy? That’s dangerous!” Athena says.

            “Meet the sasaengs...” I say.

            “Ah....that’s what a sasaeng is....”

 

We move a bit pass that taxi and I didn’t look back at the girl but then other sasaengs start throwing some plastic bottles at the back of the car.

 

            “Damn....” I utter between my breaths.

            “Are they really like that?” she asks.

            “They don’t throw anything but they keep chasing closely.”

 

On my side, the car opens its window and some sasaengs shouts. I think they are telling me to pull over or they will chase us non-stop and whatsoever.

 

I keep driving without any definite destination. I even beat the red light just to get away from

these chasers. It has been a very long drive but after two hours, I shrugged them off. We ended up wondering at the borders of Seoul.

 

            “That’s a rush....” she comments. “For the first time, I’m glad that papz were behind us because of those sasaengs.” She adds.

 

Even I think that the sasaengs won’t dare to go more than that since the reporters are there too. Athena turns to me.

 

            “Seriously....what did you do to make them behave like that?”

I shrug my shoulders.

            “I guess the same charm I used on you?” I joke.

            “Jerk!” she hits me in the arm.

We ended up laughing on the things that just happened.

 

No matter how hard the reality is, we know that being together is what we need. Having this love out in the open won’t affect our relationship. Forget reporters and sasaengs....Athena and I are happy and that’s what important.

 

My stomach grumbles.

 

            “What should we do now? It’s late and I can’t see a single store..” Athena says.

She looks at her purse.

            “Wow! It’s our lucky day...” she says in mixed sarcastic and blissful voice as she brings out a slice of brownies.

            “Ms. Go has this in her bag.” She says.

            “Ms. Go? Isn’t it your bag?”

            “It’s not mine. I’m not carrying any purse with me.”

            “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

            “I didn’t notice that you picked it up.”

We decided to eat the brownies. Thank you Ms. Go...you are such an angel....

            “I just released a movie and all we can afford is this brownie....” she jokes.

My lips curls into a smile.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

[Author's Note]

 

No offense meant upon Hae Won's Cassies description. ^-^

 

As for the 'fans/public comments' it really took me some time to come up with all of them....(Maybe because I'm not the type to write harsh comments on the net....It means I'm not MEAN kekeke...)

 

As for the SASAENGS....I think my knowledge is not enough to know on how they behave...I'm doing some research but I would like to ask for your cooperation guyz....Can you make suggestions on how SASAENGS will treat Athena? How do you want them to make Athena's life hard? I'll see if they would fit the story I have in mind....please PM me your suggestions! I'm counting on you ;)

 

Comments please and Enjoy reading. ^-^