Jaejoong----the gate crasher

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Athena’s POV:

 
 
 
 
 
I enter through the hall after confirming my name on the guest list. I headed to where the bride is to give my regards. Before knocking, I look at my clothes again. I made sure to wear a simple dress today after all; the bride should be the most beautiful on her wedding day. 
 
 
 
 
“Hwang In Hye sshi?” I asked looking at the bride.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Best wishes!” I greeted her with a smile.
 
“Omo! Omo! It is really Athena!” she exclaimed with joy.
 
“You invited me right?”
 
“Yes! Yes! I’m so happy that you came.” 
 
 
 
We took some pictures together. I’m really happy that I was able to give her request. I received the wedding invitation a month ago and since my fans are important to me, I cleared my schedule to be able to attend.
 
 
 
 
“You don’t know how happy I am today Athena. I didn’t expect that someone like you will attend that easy.”
 
I smile at her.
 
“I am the one who is thankful because you invited me to your big day.”
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“That’s Athena right?”
 
“She’s really beautiful!”
 
“I heard that she is In Hye’s guest.”
 
“They are lucky to have a star as a guest.”
 
 
 
Where is my manager anyway? She told me that she’ll be taking a call for a moment. 
 
 
 
The MC announced the entrance of the bride so I decided to focus on that. We exchange smiles as she walked pass my way. 
 
 
 
 
“Wha....you really have an impressive way of treating your fans.” Someone whispered.
 
 
 
I turn to see the person who sat next to me. I didn’t say anything but remains looking at him then I try to catch a glimpse of my manager but she’s not around. I sighed secretly realizing that it was her who is helping Jaejoong.
 
 
 
 
We watched the bride and the groom exchange their vows in the altar and clap once the officiant announced them man and wife. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I like the atmosphere here. The people seem to be nice.” Jaejoong commented as we sat side by side for the reception.
 
 
“I’m sure they are because they still accommodate a gatecrasher.” I said.
 
“I didn’t gate crash! I’m here in place of Ms. Go so I’m technically invited.”
 
“Sure you are.” I said sipping some water.
 
 
The newlyweds approached us.
 
 
 
“Athena sshi...this is my husband.” She proudly introduced him.
 
“I’m Athena. Best wishes.” I said as I shook his hand.
 
“Thank you for coming. My wife couldn’t stop blabbering about you.” He said.
 
 
They turned to Jaejoong.
 
 
“Congratulations again on your wedding.” He greeted.
 
“We are really happy to have the two of you here today. I know how busy you are.” The bride answered.
 
“How about the food?”
 
“It’s great. I really enjoy it. Thank you.” 
 
 
The couple looks like they are pleased with that.
 
 
 
“Uhm...actually, I wasn’t able to prepare a present for you so if you’d like, I would sing a song instead.”
 
 
“Chincha?!Omo! O-of course! That would be an honor for us.” The bride happily accepted his offer.
 
 
 
Jaejoong went in front and gave a short message for the couple before he sings. Everyone is smiling as if they get to watch a concert performance all of a sudden. His voice is really soothing and I must say, he’s really a good singer. He knows how to act in a crowd comfortably and to interact with people naturally. I guess it’s just easy for him and I somehow feel envious because in my case, I have to act like I don’t care or I’m not aware with my environment to hide my awkwardness and discomfort whenever I’m in a place with lots of people.   
 
 
 
He often makes me realize how different our lives are. The things that are very difficult and unattainable for me are easy and simple for him. Though he is not aware of this, it still pokes a sensitive part of me and it is one of the reasons I want to keep a distance between us. 
 
I curled my fist tightly trying to control my insecurities.
 
 
 
 
“You didn’t watch me.”
 
 
 
My string of thought is swept off when he gave my chin a slight squeeze. Jaejoong sat next to me.
 
 
“They asked me for an encore but you didn’t even listen.”
 
“Uh...” I said unknowingly.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
“Here.”
 
“What is this?” the bride asked when I gave her an envelope.
 
“My wedding gift. Enjoy your honeymoon there.” I smile at her. I’m sure that they’ll have a great time in Paris with that 4 days and 3 nights all expenses paid package. 
 
“Omo! Thank you so much!” her tears fell in her cheeks so I embraced her.
 
“I always know that you are a good person. I never once believed those things they say about you.” She whispered.
 
“I am the one who’s thankful for your support. My fans will always be my source of energy.” I whispered back.
 
“Don’t worry. I’ll always support you.” she said.
 
“Here's some pocket money.” Jaejoong said giving them a white envelop.
 
 
 
The newlyweds looked at us. I'm sure they are all puzzled about what Jaejoong is doing here it's just that nobody has the gut to ask. I'm very much aware of the attention we are getting from the people so I need to make an exit now.
 
 
 
“I have an appointment to attend so I'll go now.” I bow at them.
 
I went out leaving Jaejoong behind.
 
“Hey hey hey...not so fast!” he catches up on me with that dashing smile of his.
 
“I'm gonna go. You...you can stay.” I said and walk pass him but he hold me by the hand and pull me towards his car. I stare at him until he finally takes the driver's seat.
 
 
He starts the engine and we are now on the road.
 
 
“What's this?” I ask.
 
“I'm abducting you.” he simply answers.
 
“Abducting what?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“My manager is going to find me you know?”
 
“I'd like to see her try.” he says coolly while staring at the road.
 
 
 
Do I have a schedule today? I think carefully. I don't want to put my appointments on hold without valid reasons.  I search for my phone but....I only have my hand purse....where's my.....?
 
 
 
“Looking for this?” he held up my phone.
 
“Why is it with you?!”
 
“You left it on the table earlier. You're too careless at times you know? How could a celebrity left her phone just anywhere? Your secrets might be revealed because of simple things like this.” 
 
“Give that back!” I try to snatch it back but he's fast and put it in his pocket.
 
“Did you forget? You are my hostage?” he turns to me.
 
I stare at him.
 
“I planned everything well so no help will come. You can't escape from me.” he says while looking me straight in the eyes.
 
 
I sigh and look outside the window. I have no idea of what is he trying to pull off but I don't have the mood to argue with him now. I'm not gonna play with his game anyway so I'll let him get bored by himself. This way, he'll realize how pointless this thing is.
 
 
 
“You're mine today.”
 
“Are you saying something?” I ask.
 
“Huh? N-nope. I didn't say anything.” He answers focusing his eyes on the road.
 
“I thought you said something.” 
 
“What would I say?” his face has this goofy expression like he's trying to cover up something.
 
 
What did he say? I didn't hear it well because I'm thinking to myself.  In the end, I decided to let it go.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
He’s really serious about it.....my mind says after seeing a private helicopter waiting for us. The pilot greeted Jaejoong as we go on board. 
 
 
 
“The view will be absolutely awesome.” He says while putting a headset to my head.
 
“You’re watching too much movies.” I say looking at him in which he smiles.
 
 
The helicopter flies us and I don’t know where the destination is. I look outside the window and started seeing the view from the top. We fly over the city to the mountain tops. 
 
 
 
The helicopter landed and so we have to walk for ten minutes. An old man leads us to a boat. I rolled my eyes. Where the heck will we go? We crossed the lake and after reaching the end, Jaejoong alighted and thanked the old man.
 
 
 
“Take my hand.” He says.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because we’re here.”
 
“Who told you that I’ll go with you?” I turn to the old man.
 
“Ajusshi....let’s go.” I ordered.
 
“What?!” Jaejoong reacted while looking up on me.
 
“Enjoy. Annyeong.” I wave my hand with a sarcastic tone.
 
 
A crooked smile spread on his face.
 
 
“I told you, that you can’t get away from me right?” he says.
 
“I don’t have any intention to go with you so why can’t I?” 
 
“Because you’ll be coming with me whether you like it or not.”
 
He quickly took me by the arm and before I knew it, he’s already carrying me upside down on his shoulder.
 
“What are you doing?! Put me down!” 
 
“I’ll do that only if you voluntary go with me.”
 
“I told you, I don’t want to----“ 
 
“Then let’s go this way.”
 
“Let me go! This is embarrassing! Put me down!” I struggle and move.
 
He gave my behind a light smack making my eyes wide. 
 
“D-d-did you just hit me at my rear side?!” 
 
“You better behave.” He answers.
 
“YAH!!I’LL KILL YOU!”