Jaejoong-Minwoo Face-Off

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Athena's POV

 

I smile after reading Jaejoong's message. He sent me a picture of Jiji today. I turn around to go back to the set but I see No Min Woo standing in my way. We stare at each other for a few seconds before I attempt to walk past him.

 

 

 

            “Are you really dating that Kim Jaejoong?”

I stop.

            “Tell me, are you really dating that idol?” he repeated.

I smirk.

            “What....are you my fan now?” I ask back.

He turns to me.

            “Don't be like this.”

My eyebrows furrow looking at him.

 

            “Stop being like this....I know that you're treating me this way because of what I did to you...please, stop punishing me.” His eyes show sadness.

            “What are you trying to say?”

            “If this is your way of getting back at me for leaving you then you had succeeded. You won...I really regret it and I admit I'm wrong....I try to hold back and pretend like I don't mind but I've seen enough and I can't take it any longer....stop seeing that guy.”

            “W....what...?”

            “Can't you see, I'm jealous?”

I can't believe with what I heard.

            “Athena....I did my best to forget about us...thinking that my career is worth ending the relationship. All those years, I made myself believed that I'm happy with that but no...that was all an illusion. I still love you...it never changed...”

I froze from where I'm standing.

            “I know that I deserve your punishment and I'm ready to receive it just to prove that I really want to have you back.”

I laugh. He stares at me with wondering look making me laugh even harder.

           

            “Y-you know....your f-ace right now...it was hilarious!” I say in between my laugh.

I wipe the tears at the sides of my eyes from laughing.

            “Really...that was funny. Why don't you consider a new career with comedy?”

He grabs my arm.

            “I'm serious. Everything I said is true.”

I shook his arm away. My mood changes into an irritation.

 

            “I never once forgot you. I was hurt but I will accept you with open arms....just come back to me........are you waiting for that kind of reply? Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not gonna happen. Being associated with you is a nightmare that I'm still paying for until now. Letting myself to grow feelings for someone like you is something that I regret the most. I realized that I shouldn't have cried over you because you're not even worth a single drop.”

 

His eyes are gleaming with emotions he is holding back.

 

            “What you think or feel...doesn't concern me anymore so don't dare bring up such ridiculous things again or you'll regret it.” I walk away without giving him a chance to say something.

 

I see Nam Gyuri standing there with concern look on her face. She looks at me and Min Woo simultaneously. She probably saw what happened but I ignore her and head towards the busy set.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

No Min Woo's POV

 

 

            “Min Woo ah...” Gyuri calls my name.

I look at her. She probably notices that I'm absent minded.

            “Is it too obvious?” I smile bitterly.

She nods. I sigh.

We are now on a club party for an event but I still think about Athena. She's too angry to even talk to me. I couldn't contain myself when I saw her smiling as she looks at her phone earlier. I was so jealous so I never had the chance to think well. I told her what I'm holding for weeks now.

 

            “I look pathetic, right?” I ask her.

            “We can't blame her....we did this to her. Just hold on tightly Min Woo ah... She was just so angry now but be patient....Ae Young has the softest heart I've known. This Athena might be someone that can't be moved but inside her, there is Ae Young....in time, she'll remember how much she loves you.” she says.

 

I really hope for that to happen because it's really tough. My heart is breaking everyday as she treats me coldly.

 

I drink my beer and my eyes catch a glimpse of somebody.

 

            “Gyuri ah....that's Kim Jaejoong, right?”

 

She looks at where I'm looking. Her eyes landed to the guy sitting on the bar.

           

            “Yeah...he's the singer...Why?”

I didn't answer and just stand up.

            “Min Woo ah, where are you going?” she follows me.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

 

            “Where are you going?” I ask Junsu who stood up.

            “I'll just go to the comfort room.” he answers.

 

I look at Yoochun's direction. Their director in his drama is also here so he greets him. I continue to drink what's on my glass.

One chair away from where I'm sitting, a man sits with a woman.

 

            “One vodka here...how about you?”

            “Martini.” I hear the woman says.

            “Martini for her.”

 

            “You're a singer, right?”

I look at the person. It's No Min Woo.

            “Yes. No Min Woo, right?” I reply.

            “Yeah..that's me. You are Kim Jaejoong?” He asks while asking for a hand shake.

I nod and shook his hand.

            “This is Nam Gyuri.” He introduces the girl beside her.

            “Hi.” she says.

            “Hello.”

 

After the short introduction, we decided to go back to our own businesses. Yoochun arrives and sits next to me.

 

            “So...you are dating her?” No Min Woo utters making me look at his direction. He’s playing his glass and his eyes are fixed to it.

            “Just an advice, you should not mess with her. She’s not the same ordinary girl that you can fool around. You might find yourself being played with in the end.” He states.

            “You speak as if you know me. Also, I don’t think you still have any say to whatever Athena and I have now.” I reply in the same low-key voice to avoid getting people’s attention.

            “Min Woo ah...what’s happening?” Gyuri asks him. She seems clueless.

            “Hyung...” Yoochun whispers.

            “Athena might be fond of you now but I’m telling you it won’t last.” He says.

            “And your point is?” I look at him without batting an eyelash.

            “What she and I shared in the past is something deep. I’ll do everything to get her back so it’ll be good for you to step back now.”He finally looks at me.

I clench my jaws.

            “Do you think I’ll do that just because you told me to?”

            “Then, I have no choice but to do everything under my might to take her from you.” He smirks at me showing his confidence.

            “Good luck.” I answer.

I stand from my seat. Yoochun follows me.

 

            “I’m really eager to meet you. Glad you save me the effort to look for you.” I say.

            “So, you want to see me..Maybe you are curious as to who Athena gave her heart first.” He says.

            “Min Woo ah...stop it. You’ve had enough drink.” Gyuri says.

            “No. I want to meet you because I want to personally thank you for breaking Athena’s heart. What you did gives me the chance to meet such a beautiful person.”

 

I bow slightly to Nam Gyuri before finally leaving.

 

            “Jaejoong hyung! Yoochun hyung, are we leaving?” Junsu comes towards us without knowing what happened.

            “Let’s go, Junsu ah.” Yoochun says to him.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

I hand the key to the valet. I enter the hotel and take the elevator to the seventh floor. I smile. Mom obviously remembers the promise I did when I was still a rookie. I told her that we are going to have a meal in this hotel when I debut.

 

She told me to meet her here after my filming schedule.

 

            “Welcome, Ms. Athena.” The restaurant attendant greets me as I reach the place.

            “I have a companion.” I say.

She nods.

            “They are already waiting for you. Follow me, this way please.”

She walks in front of me, leading me to a room.

They? Did Omma invite a friend?

She opens the door and I see Omma sitting there in front of a round table.

            “Ae Young ah.” She stands when she sees me.

            “Omma, did you wait--”

The smile on my face vanishes when I see him there.

            “Ae Young.” He says.

            “Omma, what does that person doing here?” I ask my mom but I’m looking at that unexpected companion.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

[Next Chapter Teaser]

 

         “Have you heard about the hottest gossip now?”

            “Do you know that Athena is Senator Lee’s illegitimate child? She is his child from an illicit affair...”

            “It’s real! The senator released an official statement claiming that Athena is his child.”

 

This aspect of Athena’s life is going to be exposed in the public eye. How will this affect her? What will be Jaejoong’s role in all of this mess? The coming events will once again put Athena on the edge so please watch out for the next chapter! ^-^