Scandal Trouble

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
 
 
                     “Why do you look so gloomy hyung?” Yoochun asks once he sees me.
 
I sigh and shrug my shoulders.
 
                     “Athena sshi is still not returning your messages?” Junsu asks.
 
                     “I don't know...I want to go to her personally..”
 
                     “But you're too tired. You barely get sleep these days...let the situation cool for the moment...Maybe her agency is just doing some damage control..Don't worry..it's not like you won't see each other.” says Yoochun.
 
 
He's right.  I'm dead tired nowadays. I'm shooting a drama and a movie alternately so I couldn't find time to look for her. I'm really tied down to my schedules and I can't do anything about it. I get only one or two hours of sleep a day.
 
 
                      “Huh?” 
 
We look at Junsu.
 
                      “My brother sent me a message...He asks me if I dated BoA sshi...”
 
                      “Why would he ask that?” Yoochun asks.
 
                      “He said that BoA admitted on a TV program about dating an idol from her agency.”
 
                      “What?! Let's look....” 
 
The two searches on the net.
 
                      “Hyung, it says here that BoA revealed it but she didn't drop any name. But since she told them that her ex is not in SM anymore....the public thinks that it's one of us...” Yoochun says.
 
                      “But most of people think that it's you Jaejoong hyung since you used to be really close to her.” Junsu adds.
 
I didn't say anything but I feel more restless.
 
                      “Your latest magazine cover is getting a lot of attention too!” Yoochun tells Junsu.
Fans are wondering about the girl in ballerina clothes who's with Junsu in the black and white photos. Only her backside and body up to her chin was shown in the pictures but Junsu looks so affectionate towards her.
 
                      “That's your ballerina right?” Yoochun confirms as they look at the pictures on the net.
 
                      “Yes.” he answers with a big smile.
 
                      “Eyyy....I know that smile...something's happening...” Yoochun points at him.
Junsu seems to be happy and it shows in his face. If things are going well with him then I'm happy with that.
 
                      “This is unfair....The two of you are trending in the net this week because of your scandals....Maybe I should make mine too?!” Yoochun says.
 
I throw him the pen I grabbed from the table.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
 
 
I'm sitting at my bed spending another minute staring at the four corners of my room. My mood today is not good and I want to be left alone.
 
 
A new SMS message came from Jaejoong.
 
 
How are you? 
Are you alright?
Contact me. 
 
 
I put my phone back to the bedside table and lie down.
 
 
 
 
***FLASHBACK***
 
 
I'm having my make up and hair done.
 
 
 
                     “I watched Healing Camp last night. BoA is the guest.” My make-up artist talks to the hair dresser.
 
                      “She revealed that she used to date an ex-SM artist.”
 
                      “Really?! Who? Who?”
 
                      “Of course she won't say. They always reveal those kinds of things when it's long over. Idols were never honest when it comes to their dating status.”
 
                      “Agree!”
 
                      “She says she think she owe it to that guy...to be recognized in public.”
 
 
Why do I have to hear all this?
 
                      “Which idol? JYJ?!”
 
 
Predictable....
 
 
 
                      “Which one of them? Could it be Yoochun?”
 
My make-up artist wags her index finger in the air.
 
                      “I think it's not him....My instinct says it's Jaejoong.”
 
I secretly left out a sigh.
 
 
                      “Definitely it's Jaejoong. I often see them when I was still working for SM artists...they had always been extra affectionate.”
 
                      “Wow....Jaejoong and BoA...y couple!”
 
EX-Couple.....
 
 
***End of FLASHBACK***
 
 
 
 
I stare at the ceiling...then turn to my side. It's been days now since my past with No Min Woo has been exposed to the public. I'm annoyed for being linked to him because of that but still tolerable. But people making fuzz with that confession from BoA and linking him again with Jaejoong upsets me so much.
 
 
 
When I'm at work, it always comes to my mind and that bothers me. I'm irritated that I'm being like this and so I don’t respond to his phone calls and messages.
 
 
 
                   “It will all be okay...I'm going to be okay...” I whisper in the air.
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
                    “Athena...It's time for the on-set interview.” Ms. Go says.
 
I nod.
 
                    “I just want to remind you that you'll be doing it with No Min Woo...”
 
                    “Yeah...sure.” I answer lazily.
 
                    “We already gave instruction that no questions about the scandal..” she adds.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
 
I was walking at the agency's lobby and the monitor flashes Athena and No Min Woo sitting side by side. I stop to watch. It's a live on-the-set interview.
 
 
Athena looks very serious. I swallow. This is the first time I see her face after their scandal broke out. If only this woman knows how much I'm missing her.
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
 
 
                   “Good Afternoon! Today we are on the set of C-jes' newest movie. I'm really excited to introduce to you these lovely creatures beside me. Please welcome the hero and heroine of the movie CAN'T LET GO...Athena and No Min Woo.”
 
The camera turns to us so we clapped.
 
                   “Hi, this is Athena. Good day to the viewers of On-the-Set Exclusives.” I smile and greet.
 
                   “I'm No Min Woo. Hello!”
 
                   “Okay, can you please tell us about your newest movie?”
 
                   “Well, this is a story of two people who got dumped by their lovers. Both are not yet ready to let go and determined to get them back. The two meet and decided to help each other in sabotaging the newly found relationship of their exes.” I explain.
 
                   “Wow! Sound really interesting and fresh. How about your characters?”
 
                   “My character here is Minhyuk. He used to date Gyuri's character. He has a very light and sociable attitude.” No Min Woo says.
 
                   “Mine is Ji Eun. Ex-girlfriend of Lee Jang Woo's character. Ji Eun is not the feminine type of girl. She's a loud and temperamental person but she really love her ex so she'll do everything to get him back.” 
 
                   “This is absolutely to watch out for. Athena sshi, how would CAN'T LET GO be different from the past movies you've done?”
 
                   “It's different. This is the first time that I'll be doing a romcom so giving life to an amusing character is a pleasant experience. It's a new challenge for me and I think this is a great opportunity to meet moviegoers and my fans for the start of New Year.”
 
The reporter smile and nods before turning to the guy next to me.
 
                   “This is a comeback project for No Min Woo sshi right?”
 
                   “Ah, yes it is. This movie I think will be a nice gift to my fans that waited patiently to see me again on the screen. CAN'T LET GO is a perfect film to watch for the first half of the coming year.”
 
                   “Alright. How about your team up?”
 
He's starting.....I secretly took a deep breathe and smile.
 
                   “It's great. No problem at all.” I answer shortly.
 
                   “Yeah...working together is really a wonderful experience.” No Min Woo says.
 
What's wonderful with that? I have to tolerate seeing your face everyday.
 
The reporter smile.
 
                   “It has been seven or eight years since you two reunited. This is your first project together and you used to be in a relationship. How did that help your team work? Was your old feelings for each other returned?”
 
He wanted to catch us off-guard since it's a live TV interview. I see my manager reacting by gesturing to stop that kind of question. She already gave a clear instruction about the questions yet this reporter didn't do what was only permitted. He wants us to answer about the scandal of past and the scandal of rekindling the love between us. No comment on both of our sides since those scandals came out so he found this as a perfect opportunity to get to us. He even smirks at us...What a shameless person.
 
                   “Wait...reporter Hong..” No Min Woo reacts.
 
I curl my fist tightly to my side and turn to No Min Woo on my side.
 
                   “Has there been anything more than a professional relationship between us right now?” I ask him.
 
His face shows that he was taken by surprised so I continue.
 
                   “Do you feel that I have treated you differently or special from the rest? Have I ever flirted with you?”
 
                   “No.” he clearly answers so I turn back to the reporter.
 
                   “There you have it. Are you satisfied now?”
 
He couldn't speak.
 
                   “Don't you think you're crossing the line Mr. Reporter? To ask that question under this circumstance is so shameless and disrespectful. Now if you don't have any further question about the movie itself then I'm taking my leave.” I made a slight bow towards the camera to show respect to the viewers before walking out.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
Athena's face shows discomfort towards the question. The reporter gave ambush questions which is inappropriate for the situation. 
 
 
 
                 “Wait..Reporter Hong..” No Min Woo seems to be against it as well.
 
Athena who never even glanced at No Min Woo in her side finally turns at him.
 
                 “Has there been anything more than a professional relationship between us right now?” 
 
What she asked took people's attention. People in the lobby look at what's going to happen next but I only look at Athena on the screen.
 
                  “Do you feel that I have treated you differently or special from the rest? Have I ever flirted with you?”
 
                  “No.” No Min Woo is obviously astounded making him give a direct answer.
 
                  “There you have it. Are you satisfied now?” Athena sarcastically asks the reporter.
 
The reporter swallows hard.
 
                  “Don't you think you're crossing the line Mr. Reporter? To ask that question under this circumstance is so shameless and disrespectful. Now if you don't have any further question about the movie itself then I'm taking my leave.” She confronted him like that making him speechless.
 
Athena walks out and the show was cut on the air immediately.
 
                   “Gosh! That was so fierce!”
 
                   “Bad reporter! He got what he deserves.”
 
                   “Athena is indeed straightforward.”
 
                   “Don't you think she's so rude for showing the public that behaviour?”
 
The people around expresses their opinions.
 
The truth is I'm proud of what she did. Athena addressed the scandal heads on. She didn't try to sugar-coat or beat around the bush but faced the situation boldly.
 
She stood for herself well and it somehow gave me a relief. She had shown me that I don't have to worry so much for her because she's a strong person. 
 
 
I smile. Right...I have nothing to worry about because she knows how to handle her own troubles. She really got me. I fell for the baddest chick of them all.
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
[Author's Note]:
 
 
I'm glad to see new individuals on the comment area. I'm happy that you guyz are starting to write your reactions bit by bit. To the regular commentators there...THANK YOU SO MUCH! You know who you are :)
 
Happy Reading and continue commenting!