Labelling a relationship

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Junsu’s POV

 
 
 
 
I lean my back to the chair waiting for my hyungs to get our coffee. We went here at Jaejoong hyung’s coffee shop for he’s going to treat us some drinks. 
 
 
 
While patiently waiting, my mind suddenly returns to what happened last night.
 
 
 
 
                    “This is my home.” Hae Won sshi says pointing to the apartment building in front of us.
 
                    “Ah..this?”I stare at the five-storey French inspired building. It looks classy and secured. Not bad, I thought.
 
She comes down all of a sudden.
 
                    “Be careful—“ I warn.
 
                    “H-Heejun oppa...”
 
 
I think she didn’t pay attention to what I’m trying to say for her eyes focuses to something else. I followed where she was looking and sees the man standing at the entrance. He’s wearing a tailored business suit. He seems to be astounded too for a few seconds before speaking.
 
 
 
                     “Hae Won ah...you just arrived?” he walk towards us.
 
                     “Young Min and I went out with some old pals. He drank a lot so I drove him home.” He says.
 
Hae Won blinks.
 
                     “Ah...Thank you for bringing him home.” She notices that he glanced at me.
 
                     “Junsu sshi...this is my oppa’s best friend, Heejun oppa. Oppa, This is Kim Junsu...I’m currently working with him on the play.”
 
                     “I think I know him.” He answers offering me his hand for a handshake. 
 
                     “You’re a singer right?” 
 
                     “Ah..yes. I’m Kim Junsu. Nice to meet you.” I say taking his hand.
 
                     “Nice to meet you too.” He casually says.
 
                     “Junsu sshi....thank you for walking me home.” Hae Won says.
 
                     “Don’t mention it.”
 
                     “I’ll go up now Heejun oppa.” 
 
Heejun notices her limping. He catches her on both shoulders.
 
                     “Hae Won ah...Are you fine? Did you get hurt? Come, let me carry you..”
 
She swishes his hand with a confused expression.
 
                     “You don’t have to...this is not that bad. I can take the elevator by myself.” She says it without looking at him then turns to me.
 
                     “Junsu sshi..good night.” She walks inside after bowing slightly.
 
 
 
                     “How refreshing!” I hear Yoochun hyung’s voice.
 
 
My thoughts are back to the present. Holding his iced cappuccino, Jaejoong hyung sits across from me while Yoochun hyung takes the chair on my left. He’s happily sipping on his mocha frappe as he’s giving me the caramel frappe on his right hand. 
 
 
I take it from him and I was about to sip on the straw when I noticed that it was already wet.
 
 
                    “Did you sip on it?” I ask.
 
Yoochun hyung raises his eyebrows for confirmation then stop drinking.
 
                    “I tried it to know which tastes better.” He says.
 
                    “And you’re giving me what you don’t like?!”
 
                    “You said, just get you anything...” he answers back.
 
                    “Eyyshh...”
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
 
I decided to treat Yoochun and Junsu for some drinks since I’m visiting my coffee shop anyway. We did a lot of solo activities this week making us all busy. Having this idle time, we talked about each other’s day. I get to share what I’ve been up to these days which are mainly the drama. Yoochun is also busy with his drama. I heard that it is a top-rater nowadays so he’s working extra hard for the fans. Junsu is still promoting his solo album while preparing for the stage play.
 
 
 
 
                         “How was your rehearsals Junsu ah?” I ask.
 
                         “Everything’s fine. We’re getting ready for the performances by the end of the month. You should go and watch it this time okay?”
 
                         “What kind of hyung are you? You should go and support the maknae...” Yoochun teases me.
 
                         “I wasn’t able to go that time because of my busy schedule...” I defend.
 
                         “I watched it...to think that I’m busy too.”
 
                         “Okay..okay..I’ll go this time.” I’m really guilty.
 
 
                         “By the way, Junsu ah...manager hyung said that you got a new ballerina. I heard that she’s very beautiful...” Yoochun says. Our manager said about the new ballerina but didn’t mention about the looks so Yoochun is just trying to tease Junsu.
 
                          “Ah yes...you know what? She’s also the same girl whom I dined with.”
 
                          “Who? The girl who got stood up?” I ask.
 
                          “Keychain?” Yoochun seconded.
 
                          “Yes.”
 
                          “Details! Details!” Yoochun adjusted his seat closer.
 
                          “Well...we talked..”
 
                          “And?” I ask curiously.
 
                          “I gave her a lift.”
 
                          “Wow! So you like her?” Yoochun reacts.
 
                          “We don’t know much about each other so it’s too early for that. Also, did you forget that she confessed to someone?”
 
                          “Ah...rebound relationship might not be good anyway...” Yoochun commented.
 
                          “Is she your type?” I ask.
 
                          “I would lie if I will say no. I mean, she’s pretty and cute. Very feminine and pure. She also dances very well.” He honestly answers.
 
                          “Then just take your time. Get to know each other more.” I advise.
 
Then I turn to Yoochun.
 
                          “How about the girl you had been interested with these days?”
 
                          “Huh?” 
 
                          “Don’t act like you are clueless.  I heard from manager hyung that you left them last night at the set.”
 
                          “I met TOP.”
 
Junsu and I gave him suspicious eyes.
 
                          “Why? Can’t I go and meet some friends?”
 
                          “Who do you think you are bluffing?” I hit him in the head with my fist.
 
                          “Ah!” he touches his head.
 
                          “I talked to TOP last night on the phone. He didn’t mention meeting you.”
 
                          “Busted!” Junsu teases him.
 
                          “You better say the truth now.”
 
                          “Alright...It’s been thrilling to keep it from you anyway...There’s a woman I’m interested with.”
 
Junsu’s eyes got wider.
 
                          “She’s the one you kept texting with right?” I say.
 
                          “Yup.”
 
                          “Where did you meet her?” Junsu asks.
 
                          “Recently, I fancy reading fanfics..”
 
Yoochun really likes reading books but it’s the first time I heard that he reads internet fictions too.
 
                          “Fanfic of which Idol?”
 
                          “Mine of course. I don’t know...this writer caught my interest. I started commenting on her stories to exchanging of numbers. Then I decided to meet her personally.”
 
                          “And? What kind of girl is she?”
 
                          “Smart, fun to talk with, cute. She’s a good cook too.”
 
                          “She cooked for you?”
 
                          “Last night I went to her place. Though it’s sudden, she still prepared me a dinner.”
 
                          “So you are going to court her?”
 
                          “We just met twice so I’ll see what I can do.”
 
I nod and sip my iced cappuccino.
 
                          “After being curious with our love lines...you’re going to play innocent?” Yoochun says.
 
I look at them.
 
                          “Huh?”
 
                          “How about you and Athena sshi?” asks Junsu.
 
                          “Uhm...we’re okay.”
 
                          “Eyyy...you are not fun at all hyung!” he complains.
 
                          “Still working on progress.” I answer shortly.
 
                          “Alright. If Junsu and that ballerina are on “getting to know” stage, Park Ha and I are friends...how about you and Athena sshi? What’s your relationship status?” Yoochun asks.
 
                          “We are...friends.”
 
                          “SHOWBIZ!” they said in unison.
 
                          “Do you think we are the press now? Why are you giving such actor’s answer? It’s either lovers or not. Also, “friends” is already occupied by me. You can’t imitate somebody’s answer!” Yoochun teases me.
 
 
 
The truth is I don’t know what kind of relationship we have now. Which relationship label could I place Athena and I? I often make sure to keep in touch with her. Though she still wants me to give up, she’s not very resistant towards me either. I like to think that somehow, there are changes between us.
 
 
 
                           “Should I confirm it for you hyung?” Yoochun says holding my phone that I put down on the table.
 
                           “What do you think you are doing?!” I try getting the phone from him but Junsu blocks me by entwining his fingers with mine.
 
                           “Yah!”
 
He puts it down at the table. 
 
                           “Be a man and ask her directly.” He says.
 
The ringing sound makes me nervous. 
 
                           “Oh she answers it! She answers it...shushhh!” Junsu says placing his finger in front of his lips. The two becomes quiet.
  
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 

 

Athena’s POV

 
 
 
I transferred some photos I had taken from my phone to my laptop. A box appeared in the screen but I didn’t bother to read it so I just press “OK” but suddenly the screen turns black.
 
 
What happened?
 
 
I press the keyboard randomly but no response. I also try the on button but nothing happens.
 
 
Did it crash?
 
 
I sigh. 
 
 
Why am I so bad with gadgets? I can’t even use my things well. 
 
 
I pick up my phone and dial my manager’s number.
 
 
 
 
                       “Ms. Go, can you drop by later? I think my laptop crashed so I need you to bring it to the repair shop for me.”
 
                       “I’ll be there in an hour.”
 
                       “Okay.”
 
 
After that short conversation, I come out of the room to go to the kitchen. I was drinking some water and my eyes glance at the three yellow roses at the kitchen countertops. They are not the usual roses I’m seeing. The color is bright yellow with red tips. I like them a lot and I wanted to keep some but couldn’t find any vase so I decided to place them on separate empty wine bottles instead.
 
 
They are still as pretty as how I received them.
 
 
 
I stare at them for a few moments before deciding to change the water on the bottle. I was pouring the water into the sink when my phone buzzes. Something wriggles inside my chest after checking the caller. With a confused mind, I press the answer button. I took a deep breath before answering.
 
 
                    “Yoboseyo?”
 
Silence.
 
                    “Yoboseyo?” I repeated.
 
                   “Uh...It’s me.” 
 
                   “I know...Why did you call?”
 
                   “What are you doing?”
 
                   “I was sleeping.” I lied.
 
                   “Ah...”
 
My eyebrow furrows.
 
                   “You called just to ask what I'm doing?”
 
                   “Anni....”
 
I feel like he's hesitating about something.
 
                   “Then...why...?”
 
I hear him sigh.
 
                  “What are we?”
 
                  “Huh?”
 
                  “I just wonder....between us, we're at least friends right?”
 
I was speechless for a few moments.
 
                  “Friends...”
 
                  “No..” the word barely came out of my mouth.
 
He was the one who turn speechless now.
 
                  “Wha.....you're so cruel! I think you are the only one who doesn't want to be friends with me.” he accompanied it with a fake laugh.
 
                  “We can't be friends.” I said.
 
I can't be close to you...you are danger...you're no different from others...
 
                  “Yah! Don't you think you're too much?!” his usual playful tone is back.
 
                  “I'm good by myself so there’s no need for a friend.”
 
                  “There you go with your mood swing again.”
 
                  “Yes. I have bad mood swing and that you couldn't possibly change it either.” and I hang up.
 
I saw the flowers again.
 
Why do I have to keep them?
 
I close my eyes tightly.
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
 
She hangs up on me.
 
 
 
                      “Aishh...that woman...”
 
Yoochun finally lets out the laugh he was controlling earlier.
 
 
                      “She doesn't even want to be your friend! You are in trouble hyung!”
 
                      “Maybe because she was disturbed from her sleep.” Junsu tried to reason out.
 
                      “Sometimes I don't get her. Whenever I feel like we're getting closer, she will suddenly do or say things to push me away so I’ll go back to zero.”
 
                      “Don't you even thought that it might not be because of you hyung? Maybe because she's not confident enough or too afraid to accept you? She was hurt by that No Min Woo in the past right? Probably that's the reason why she doesn't take serious relationships.” Junsu said.
 
 
 
I remember her saying that she even thought of killing herserlf back then and the conversation we had during her birthday.
 
 
 
How should I help Athena recover her confidence in trusting others and letting new people into her life?
 
 
                        “So what's the relationship status now?” Yoochun caught our attention. He noticed the seriousness in the atmosphere and tries to make it light.
 
                        “Not friends nor lovers so it's definitely one-sided love on Jaejoong hyung's part!” he laughed.
 
                        “Yah! That's not true. She likes me too...she just don't admit it to herself.”
 
He places his hand on my shoulder.
 
                        “I though it was impossible but sadly, you're standing on the one-sided love lane now. Poor Jaejoong hyung...” he continued to tease me.
 
                        “Don't worry...one of these days, you'll be like that too.” I answered.