Jiji's Omma

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Athena’s POV

 
 
The door bell rings continuously. Without looking at the monitor, I decided to open the door.
 
 
                    “We are here!” Jaejoong says in a bright mood as he tosses something into my arms.
 
               “Omo!” Though I was caught by surprise, I still managed to balance the weight.
 
He enters the house and I look at the furry thing that I’m carrying in my arms.
 
               “Meow...”
 
I blink my eyes after locking stares with a gray cat.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
 
 
I went to the kitchen to get the wine glasses and cork but I got surprised seeing the flowers placed at the counter tops. I know in that moment that they are the ones I gave her. I smile to myself while walking towards the living room. 
 
 
 
Athena is sitting on the floor while leaning her back on the sofa. She gave me the look that says why are you here again? I put down the glasses at the coffee table and sit next to her. 
 
 
 
                    “Do you still wonder why I keep appearing in front of you? You should have gotten used to it.” I say.
 
                    “Is going to my house your new hobby? Should I give you an access so you won't need somebody to open the door for you?” she says sarcastically.
 
                    “That would be nice. Would you give me?” I answer while opening the wine bottle.
 
She rolled her eyes.
 
I fill the glasses with wine.
 
                     “By the way, I'm touched that you kept them.”
 
                     “Kept what?”
 
                     “The roses.”
 
She stopped.
 
                     “The roses on the wine bottles...”
 
                     “T-those are not from you...aishh...chicha, why does Ms. Go have to keep them?”
 
My smile got wider with her innocent act.
 
                     “I got this as a gift and the person I think of drinking this with is you.” I say scooting the glass in front of her.
 
She chugs it down straight not giving time for cheers so I have no choice but to fill it again.
 
                     “Yesterday...I called and...No Min Woo—“
 
She shakes her head and sighs. 
 
                     “That person and I are through and it will stay on that point. Seeing him is only for work.”
 
I could see in her face that she’s taken aback of what she just she said. She’s the type of person who prefers keeping her business to herself so she probably finds it strange that she’s explaining.
 
                      “If you say so...”
 
I rise my glass towards her.
 
                      “Let’s toast.” I offer.
 
                      “For what?”
 
                      “Uhmm...for you doing a great job...?”
 
                      “Jeez....is that something to toast at?”
 
                      “Then what?”
 
                      “For good health and more projects for JYJ...”
 
I look at her.
 
                      “I mean...this wine is yours so...”
 
                      “Okay. Good health and more projects for JYJ.”
 
We toast and drink.
 
                       “Let’s drink and be drunk.” I say.
 
She chuckle sarcastically.
 
                       “You don’t get drunk...I can’t be off-guard so this is enough.” She says showing her glass.
 
                       “Why do you always think that I’ll do something to you?” I turn to her. “Unless...you are thinking of it yourself...I won’t do things that the two of us won’t like...that is the kind of man I am.”
 
She covers her ears with her palms.
 
                       “You can’t make me walk into your trap. I can’t hear anything.” She says. 
Although she did it seriously, she appears to be cute and charming.
 
Our eyes met for a few minutes and the next thing I know is that my face is coming near hers.
 
                       “Seriously....why did you bring THAT thing here?” she utters breaking the intimate atmosphere. 
 
We look at Jiji. He’s brushing himself against Athena’s feet and legs. Strange. This is the first time I’ve seen him be this tender and affectionate towards a person especially to a stranger. Jiji is usually a moody cat. He often ignores me as well.
 
                        “Uh...I’ll be out of town for two days so I would like to ask for a favour...”
 
                        “Nah-uh-uh! I don’t take in pets...especially yours.” She says.
 
I take Jiji and held him in my arms.
 
                        “Just for two days. Our Jiji here is very nice so it won’t be too hard to take care of him. Just give him food and water. He won’t bother you because he can just wander around and play by himself. He’s very low maintenance so you won’t get tired.” 
 
                        “Why does it have to be me? Bring him to your members or put him on an animal day care centre.”
 
                        “My members will be coming with me. Junsu has lots of cats at home but Jiji doesn’t like being around with other cats.”
 
                        “Huh! As expected....there’s something wrong with him just like his owner.” She says looking at Jiji.
 
                        “He’s an introvert. It’s really difficult for him to open up with others...it’s good that he seems to be fond of you.  I think he likes it here. Don’t you think he’s cute?” I use aegyo to continue to convince her.
 
She fakes a chuckle.
 
                         “Read my lips.” Then she mouthed three syllables A.NNI.YO then stands up and went to the kitchen.
 
I face Jiji to me.
 
                         “Aishh! You should help me to convince her Jiji! I’ll be gone for two days so you have to guard your omma from that No Min Woo. Don’t let him go near her outside work.”
 
 
I heard over the phone how Athena reacted when Min Woo answered my call so I’m sure it’s nothing but I don’t want to be too relax so I’ll assign Jiji for the job while I’m away.
He just looks at me with a bored expression and “meow”.
 
                         “Huh?! You feel bored towards me when you’re so lovey-dovey with Athena? Well....she's your omma and you're gonna make her like you, right Jiji?” I pet his head.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Athena’s POV

 
 
I was on my way back to the living room when I hear him utters to the cat. 
 
 
                  “Aishh! You should help me to convince her Jiji! I’ll be gone for two days so you have to guard your omma from that No Min Woo. Don’t let him go near her outside work.”
 
 
I feel moved hearing what he said. Should I consider the favour he's asking?
 
 
A sudden pain on my abdomen takes my mind on that matter. What date is it? 
 
 
I enter my room and look at the calendar on my desk. It has a red circle to it....19th...Shoot!
With my hand touching my abdomen, I open the drawer where I’m keeping my sanitary napkins. 
 
 
 
                   “Huh?! Where did they go?” I feel dumbfounded seeing it empty. I bit my lips remembering that I forgot to buy my stocks. How could I forget things like this? Am I getting so preoccupied these days? What should I do now?
 
 
I went out and see that Jaejoong is still there playing with his cat. Should I make him get some for me? That would be so awkward to ask....but I really need it now...whatever!
I take a deep breath before talking.
 
                    “Do you really want me to take care of your cat for two days?”
 
                    “Of course!”
 
                    “Then....there is a convenience store nearby...would you get me some....”
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Hae Won’s POV

 
 
I was standing next to the lightning as I watch Junsu sshi’s magazine pictorial. Two hours of waiting didn’t bore me at all for I find it entertaining seeing him on an actual pictorial. I often see him on his cute appearance and personality but today’s concept brings out his masculine self. 
 
 
Without a trace of awkwardness, he’s very natural as he projects in front of the camera. Once in a while he looks at me and smile. I didn’t realize ‘till now that he has such manly side in him and I honestly couldn’t take my eyes of him.
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Junsu’s POV

 
 
 
 
                 “Wow! Very pretty!” I say at Hae Won when she came out of the dressing room wearing a white ballet mini dress. This is my first time seeing her in this kind of costume.
 
                 “Uh...it’s the dress...” she shyly says.
 
                 “Is it really yours?”
 
                 “Yeah.”
 
                 “It suits you well.”
 
                 “Thanks.”
 
 
I lead her to the studio. When I heard that today’s pictorial would include a shot where I’ll be partnered with woman in a ballerina’s clothes, I recommended Hae Won. I’m glad that I also convinced her to do it as well. 
 
 
 
I introduced her to the photographer.
 
 
                   “She really looks like a ballerina” he expresses.
 
I smile.
 
                   “She’s actually a real ballerina.” I say.
 
                   “Chincha?!”
 
Hae Won nods.
 
                   “That’s why you really look good in that clothes....so you really are one..”
 
We chuckle and start with the pictorial.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Hae Won’s POV

 
 
 
I’m glad that our shots are over. My heart drums inside my chest and I secretly calm myself.  
 
 
 
 
                        “Can I request? Can you take some pictures for personal remembrance?” I hear Junsu requests to the photographer.
 
                        “Okay.”
 
Junsu hold my hand and we sit.
 
                        “Why is your hand so cold?” he asks.
 
                        “Uh...because of the aircon..” I answer.
 
He sits too close making me uneasy inside.
 
                        “Hae Won..” he calls my attention.
 
                        “Uh...” 
 
I'm not sure if I smile well because he lean his face close to mine.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
 
                      “Bath is refreshing...isn’t it?” I say to Jiji while I dry his fur with blower.
 
I decided to take him with me in the set so I gave him a bath.
 
                      “Meow...” he looks so cute drawing a smile on my lips. I’m glad I didn’t have a hard time with him.
 
                      “What an obedient cat...I hope your master is just like you..that guy is so hard-headed that drives me crazy.”
 
                      “Meow...” he sits and close his eyes.
 
I don’t know if he likes the warm air from the blower enough to make him sleepy or he started to feel bored hearing about Jaejoong.
 
                      “I bet you have a hard time living with that person..” I utter as I continue combing his fur.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
                          “I got the cat food and milk on that paper bag. Don’t forget to give him some food... or else he’ll throw a tantrum. I heard he’s quite a trouble maker.” I instruct Ms. Go.
 
She nods taking the cat from my arms.
 
                          “Jiji...I’ll leave you for a moment with Ms. Go so behave. I’ve got to work but I’ll see you once in a while, arachi?”
 
                          “Meow...”
 
 
I gave him a light tap on his head before walking towards the set.
 
 
                          “Athena sshi...is that your pet?” Lee Jang Woo asks looking at Jiji being carried by Ms. Go.
 
                          “Uh....yeah..” I just say yes so I won’t be asked on details.
 
                          “What’s its name?”
 
                          “Jiji.”
 
                          “Cute.”
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
Ms. Go observes me feeding Jiji some snacks while sitting on the van.
 
 
                    “I didn’t know that you are this good with pets...why don’t you get one?” she comments.
 
I just stare at her. I didn’t know that I’ll like having pets either. My mom has asthma so I never experienced having a pet though I always wanted to raise a puppy when I was a kid. I didn’t entertain the thought of having one to accompany me simply because I don’t want to be responsible for another life. 
 
 
                     “By the way, have you seen the recent news about Jaejoong?” she asks.
 
A crest form on my forehead.
 
                     “You haven’t seen it yet? It’s all over the net now.”
 
I didn’t respond.
 
                     “Anyway, that is a weird one so it’s better not to waste time on it.”
 
                     “What do you mean?” I suddenly feel curious.
 
 
She search on her tablet and show me an article.
 
 
 
                      KIM JAEJOONG SEEN PURCHASING....?!----the headline says showing Jaejoong’s picture paying on the store counter. On the side is the zoomed shot of the sanitary napkin I asked him to get for me.
 
 
I don’t know whether to laugh or to feel sorry about this. 
 
 
 
                      “Why does he let himself be pictured with this?” I whisper to myself.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
[Author's Note]:
 
 
 
Hi everyone! How's your Holidays? Finally I'm back from my holiday vacation....been busy with different things so I cannot say that I'm really relaxed due to that....
 
 
I wish everyone a prosperious 2013! :)