A moment of silence

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
We decided to talk outside the room.
 
 
                    “I found out when you asked me to drive you here. I followed you.” I admit.
 
                    “So it's you who visited her?” she asks.
 
I glance at her.
 
                    “Yes.” she probably seen the flowers. I always bring flowers whenever I visit.
 
Silence came between us.
 
                    “How did this happen to her?” I ask afterwards.
 
                    “When the drug scandal came out, she comes to Seoul but her bus met an accident.”
 
                    “What do doctors says?”
 
                    “What else but to prepare myself because she might not wake up anymore. I don't believe that. I want to think that one day; she'll open her eyes and look at me.”
 
She tries to hide away her gleaming eyes from me. She doesn't want to cry in front of me.
 
                     “She's still breathing...and I won't give up on her. She's the only real family I have.” she added but it's like she's saying it to herself.
 
I hold her left shoulder and give it a light squeeze.
 
                     “She will come back...I'm sure she'll wake up.” I say.
 
She still looks at the other way.
 
                     “What a family....a father who abandoned his family, an evil step-mother, bothersome steps-sisters, and a mother in coma. It's not yet too late to run away.” she says.
 
                     “I won't do that.”
 
She finally looks at me with a controlled expression.
 
                     “You're just feeling sorry. I don't need anybody's empathy. Being pitied on makes me feel even worse.”
 
I suddenly feel sad and upset because she's looking at it that way.
 
                     “You think I just pity you? Don't mock my love like that. I know my own heart and I've been completely honest with my feelings from the start. You are the person who’s in my heart and I don't pity you at all...”
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
 
                       “You're just feeling sorry. I don't need anybody's emphaty. Being pitied on makes me feel even worse.”
 
I don't care at other people but thinking that Jaejoong pities me, hurts me inside.
 
                       “You think I just pity you? Don't mock my love like that. I know my own heart and I've been completely honest with my feelings from the start. You are the person who’s in my heart and I don't pity you at all...” he says annoyed. I made him angry.
 
He stands up and enters the room. 
 
My tears finally fall. 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
It's been four hours. Either one of us is talking. He's just sitting there without saying a word. I really made him angry this time.
 
Just let him be angry at you and all of this will be over....he won't appear in front of you again—my mind says.  The idea of not seeing him again nor his smile...it doesn't feel nice. 
 
 
                        “I'll just take a walk outside for a while....” I say and headed towards the door. Holding the knob, I look back at him. “Do you want to go with me?” I ask.
 
He just stares at me so I assume it as a no. I nod lightly and go out.
 
What should I do? He's really angry.
 
I keep thinking about that when I notice the feet walking next to me.
 
                         “You should look forward when you're walking....not on the ground.” Jaejoong says.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
The sun is setting in the orange sky. We take a walk together at the hospital garden. There were only few people here and most of them are elders. They don't seem to notice us so there's nothing to worry about.
 
We stroll quietly...Both of us are drawn to our own thoughts. I just realized that this is the first time that we're not bickering. It has always been him talking about his positive views in life and I will say the opposite. I often affect our conversation with my pessimism. Funny, but I like that better that this...I have no clue what he's thinking. He don't usually take my words seriously so now I'm guilty knowing that I made him upset earlier. I just don't know how to apologize.
 
We stop. We face a beautiful mountain view.
 
He clears his throat.
 
 
                           “It's awkward, isn't it?” he says.
 
I glance at him and give a half smile.
 
                           “Hm.” I say.
 
Now I know that we both feel uncomfortable with the silence.
 
It's quite windy so I repeatedly brush off the hair strands that go to my face. I didn't notice that Jaejoong move to my back side.
 
I'm taken by surprised when he touches my hair. He carefully ties it with a handkerchief.
 
 
 
                            “The truth is that at first it was curiosity for me...There were also times that I feel sympathetic towards you when I learn the situation but all of that disappears as I get to know you more each day. It makes me realized that it's not just my curiosity or sympathy you own.... but my heart.” he says while tying my hair.
 
His hand touching my hair brings shiver to my spine while his words make my heart beat fast.  
 
                            “Knowing all of these won't affect my feelings for you. I'll always be here waiting for you to be ready.” he added.
 
I feel like crying. Once again, he gets to touch the heart that I never thought I still have.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

No MinWoo's POV

 
 
I'm shaving but couldn't concentrate well because what Hae Ri said earlier lingers in my head.
 
 
 
 
***FLASHBACK***
 
 
 
                          “You better give up oppa.”
 
                          “What are you saying?”
 
                          “She has a boyfriend already.”
 
                          “What do you mean?”
 
                          “Kim Jaejoong...they've been dating all along.”
 
                          “Probably another rumour you heard.”
 
                          “They came for a family dinner last night.”
 
I stopped.
 
                           “Yes. They admitted the relationship in front of my parents.”
 
                           “It... can't be serious...”  
 
                           “I'm afraid that it's not the case. She seems to care about him. They're in love so just forget about her.”
 
 
 
 
***END OF FLASHBACK***
 
 
 
I put down the razor. Kim Jaejoong....is he the guy who called her that day? Finally, I got a name for my jealousy. I shake my head. This should not happen. I'm still in love with Athena and I can't lose her this time. 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
Athena slept while sitting next to her mom's bed. She's holding her hand tightly. I stare at her hair which is still tied by my handkerchief. I'm not good on tying hairs but it looks cute on her though it looks sloppily tied.
 
I smile as I put a blanket around her. 
 
 
Our relationship might not have a label now but that's just okay. I believe that today, both of us found out how we are compatible inside. We might have different opinions and have misunderstandings most of the time because of that but at the end, we still complete each other. She's saying whatever she wants but I know that she cares and worries if I get affected by it.
 
 
God...help me open her heart fully. I pray that one day; she'll love me without any fear.
 
 
All of a sudden, the patient's hand which is held by Athena...the finger moves. I look at Athena's mom's face. Her eyebrows are furrowing like she's going to be awaken any moment. I tap Athena's shoulder and give her a light shrug. 
 
 
 
                        “Athena...wake up...your mom is moving..”
 
Athena opens her eyes and notices the finger moving within her grasp. 
 
                        “O-omma...!” she looks at her.
 
The patient opens her eyes slowly.
 
                        “A-e...Y-young ah....” she says.
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
[Author's Note]:
 
 
Welcome to new subscribers! Thank you so much for taking time to read this fic. ^-^
 
Comment Pls. ^_^