One rainy night

The Baddest Chick in the Game

Athena’s POV

 

I couldn’t stop myself from smiling as I wait for Jaejoong to arrive.

 

           

            “Sorry I’m late….the signing event took longer than expected…” Jaejoong says the moment he sits in front of me.

 

Since the release of his solo album, he’s been moving a lot. He also has a concert tour the coming months. I’m really happy that everything seems to be doing great with his career.

 

            “It’s okay….The coffees are still warm anyway.” I say.

He looks at the mugs on our table which contains two different coffees.

            “Oh…What did you order for me?” he grabs one and sips. “Ah….so bitter…..” he puts it down and take the other mug with mocha latte and drinks.

I take the mug with coffee Americano.

            “I have something to tell you.” I say.

He looks at me and his smile fades.

            “If it’s about breaking up, I don’t want to hear any of it.” He says.

            “No, it’s nothing like that.” I say.

His smile comes back.

            “Great…..Okay, what is it?….Let’s hear it.”

            “Early this morning….I got a call from US.”

He stares at me and listens intently.

            “Remember the novel adaptation film that I auditioned for? The director personally told me that I got the role.”

His eyes widen.

            “Really?! You will do a Hollywood movie?!”

I nod and smile.

            “Congratulations! See, I told you that role is for you.” He looks really happy for me. “So, what’s going to happen now? When are you going to start working on it?”

            “I’ll have to go there to meet the book’s author. After that, I’d have to undergo some workshops and trainings for three months for movie preparations.”

            “How about your TV drama? Didn’t you just start filming it?”

            “The agency already arranged it. I’ll film some advance episodes for a week then fly to Los Angeles and stay there for a week then return for another week of drama filming. I’m gonna do that alternately.”

            “Are you confident with that? That would be exhausting.”

            “There was a time before that I had been filming four different projects at the same time. I think it’s just almost the same but the difference is the distance….Don’t worry…I’ll make sure to have some vacant days for us. When I’m here in Korea, we’ll get to meet during the schedule cracks.” I assure him.

            “I’ll be travelling a lot for three months too because of my tour….I think we should see each other’s schedules early so that we could set our free days coherently.” He says.

I nod showing that I agree.

            “Another one….I can’t go to your Seoul concert. I have to go to LA that day.”

            “I understand….Maybe next time.” He replies.

            “I’m sorry.”

            “You don’t have too. It’s not like you did it on purpose…” he squeeze my hand on top of the table.

I feel sorry because I cannot go whenever he has a performance here in Seoul.

            “Thank you.” I say.

He smiles.

           

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Junsu’s POV

 

 

Haewon and I stroll along the children’s playground located near her house. She let go of my hand and sits at the swing. I sit on the vacant swing next to her.

 

She closes her eyes and inhales deeply.

 

            “The scent of spring is fading...summer is almost here....” She looks at me. “Maybe we could go to the beach when your schedule is not that hectic.” She says.

            “Hm.”

 

‘Don’t let Haewon have regrets...’

 

I’ve been thinking a lot about it these days. I want to keep Haewon by my side but I don’t want to hinder her career growth. I don’t believe with long distance relationship. I think, no matter how the couple try to make it work, being away with each other would make them tired and emotionally burned out.

           

            “Oppa....”

I blink and look at her.

            “I think you were spacing out. You didn’t listen to the things I said....” she says.

            “Huh? Uhm...”

            “What’s on your mind? Tell me....”

            “Go back to New York.” I utter.

            “Huh?”

            “I said go back to New York. You have things to do there.....you should fly back.”

            “H-how did....” she seems to be surprised.

            “I heard from Young Min hyung.”

She blinks her eyes.

            “There must be a misunderstanding....I already refused that offer. I decided to stay here.”

There’s a bit of happiness knowing that she chose to stay but my guilt grows bigger.

            “But it has been your dream for a long time. Why would you do that?” I ask.

She stares at me for a few seconds not knowing what to say.

            “Why did you refuse a job that you applied for so eagerly in the past?” I ask her again.

            “Because.....because....I don’t want to be away from you.”

 

            “Don’t be foolish....”

Her eyes widen with what I said.

            “Do you think I’ll feel happy knowing that you’d turn your back to your dreams just for the sake of being with me? Life is not a game Haewon ah....You cannot just leave everything behind just like that.”

            “Oppa, I know I made you upset. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you but I just thought that it wasn’t that important.” Her tone is very apologetic.

            “Not important? What do you take me for? You think I don’t need to have a say on things about you? You’d never think of how I would feel then...”

 

I’m upset that she thinks that way. As her boyfriend, I want the best for her. I don’t want her to lose the things she worked for just because of me.

 

            “Return to New York.” I say.

            “No!” she yells. “I already decided.......a top career...fame...I don’t need them anymore. I only want you...I only want to stay next to you. I will not go back to New York.” She says in a determined voice.

            “And what will you do here in Korea? Stick around and wait for when your busy boyfriend has the time to spend time with you? Don’t you feel sorry for yourself? Are you really giving up your dreams in exchange of that?”

I stand and so is she. Big drops of raindrops fall.

 

 

            “Then I’ll marry you instead. I would be a housewife. I won’t need to work and just stay at home.”

I’m surprised by that. I know that she said that without thinking just because she wants to stop this conversation. I feel annoyed and upset.

            “What a thoughtless statement. I didn’t know that you are this immature.” I say.

She blinks her eyes again as if she just realized what she said.

            “Do you think I’ll be happy to be with somebody who doesn’t have a dream? You think I’d feel okay that you would let go of everything so that we could be together?” I swallow hard.

            “But.....I really don’t want to go back. Do you want me to?” she asks while her tears are threatening to fall.

            “I don’t. I don’t want you to leave but if having you next to mewould kill the passion you have for dancing....I would rather have you away from me.”

We both turned silent for a moment.

            “I don’t think I could go....I can’t leave...” she utters with tears in her eyes.

 

It’s the first fight we ever had. I want to comfort her because like her, it hurts me to think that I’ll be apart from her. But I have to be a man....I have to act logically on this matter.

 

            “Let’s break up then.” I utter.

Chills run down my spine as I say those words. The rain becomes heavier but we didn’t pay attention to that. Haewon’s confused eyes focuses only on me.

            “W-hat?”

            “If we end things now between us, there will be nothing to hold you back from leaving, right?”

            “Oppa...why are you saying that?”

I nod.

            “That’s right....If you don’t have to think about me, you can go back.”

            “Oppa!” She yells at me. Obviously she doesn’t like what I’m saying.

            “If you keep being hard-headed like this, I want to stop dating you....let’s break up.”

I walk away and leave her in the middle of the rain.

            “Oppa!!!!!Oppa!!!!” She calls me but I didn’t look back.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Park Ha’s POV

 

I stare at the place where my feet brought me. It is the C-Jes building.

 

What are you doing here? What are you going to do when you see him?---I asks myself.

 

I walk silently on the underground parking. I want to laugh at myself....I don’t even know where to look for him.

 

            “Yah!”

 

I turn around and see Soon Ji with her two minions. They approach me. She flashes that devilish smile at me.

 

            “Tsk....Didn’t I tell you not to show that face of yours in front of me again? I see that you haven’t learnt your lesson yet.....”

            “I didn’t wish to see you again either. I came because of something.” I answer.

            “Whaaa…finally you found your tongue. Seems like you had a good rest at the hospital…” she says and the other two laughs.

I make a step trying to move away but they block me.

            “Where are you going huh?”

            “I don’t wish for any trouble…please let me through.” I ask them.

The three smile.

            “You never learn do you?” Soon Ji says and pokes me in the forehead.

            “Maybe she misses the hospital…” The other girl says while chewing her gum.

            “Shall we send you back there?” Soon Ji says.

I step back and they start cornering me.

 

            “What’s happening there?”

 

We look at the person. It’s Yoochun. He looks at me for a few seconds and turn to the sasaengs in front of me.

 

Soon Ji smiles.

 

            “Nothing. We’re just having fun with a friend, Yoochun Oppa….” She then puts her arm around me.

I take her arm off me.

            “Oh…yeah….I just though of something fun…..Shall I tell him your secret?” she whispers with her annoying facial expression.

She turns to Yoochun.

            “Yoochun oppa, this girl next to me….her name is Park Ha….She has a secret. She did something terrible. Can I ask for your advice if I should forgive her?” she says to him.

            “Soon Ji….stop it…”

            “Why? Don’t you think Yoochun oppa could give a better advice?”

            “He already knew. I was the one who told the reporters about Athena and Kim Jaejoong….they already know that.” I admit.

            “Liar…” she utters.

           “It’s true. I sincerely apologized and promised myself never to do anything that can harm them again. So I hope, you’ll do the same….You people should start acting like an adult.”

Her eyes become sharp.

            “Are you telling me what to do? Who do you think you are to boss me around?!”She slaps me in the face.

            “Stop it!” Yoochun shouts at her.

 

Soon Ji acts as if she didn’t hear that. She raises her palm to hit me again but Yoochun grabs her arm. With his teeth clenched together, he warns her.

 

            “I told you to stop. Don’t provoke me.”

Soon Ji smiles sarcastically.

          “Why, are you telling me that you care about her? She’s merely a nobody! Why are you wasting your time in meddling?”

Yoochun’s brows furrow even more. I take Yoochun’s hand off Soon Ji’s arm. He shouldn’t be involved in this.

 

            “I’m the person you’re angry with. Don’t involve him into this.” I utter.

            “Wow….Do you think you’re a heroine in some kind of a movie?”

            “It’s just that it’s not right. Park Yoochun has nothing to do with us.” I reason out.

            “Why? You always take pride of yourself saying that you’re not a sasaeng….Yet you’re here and trying to make a good impression on him. Don’t tell me, you now care about idols….or Yoochun oppa in particular?”

I only look at her. She smiles even more.

            “Why, you like him? You love him?” she asks while poking my shoulder.

I hit her hand.

 

            “Yes. I love him.” I say.

Soon Ji’s eyes grow big.

            “I love him….so what? Me…I do really love Park Yoochun and I care for him with all my heart.” I declare. I don’t care if they’ll beat me up again after this. I just feel like I owe Yoochun the recognition he always wanted when we’re still together.

            “Huh! You’re so thick-skinned! You have the nerve to confess your ‘love’ for him? So, you think he’ll date you now that you said that?” she mocks me.

            “No. That’s a little bit too much for me I know……..You can mock me for having this feelings but unlike you, at least I know my place…..People like you think he only belongs to you and he doesn’t have the right to live his own life the way he wants. That’s not even an admiration Soon Ji….It is being controlling. And I’m afraid to tell you that you don’t know how to differentiate fantasy and reality.” I say straight to her face.

            “Lecturing again? You wench!” She aims her fist on me.

            “Yoochun…what’s happening here?” Yoochun’s manager suddenly appears.

            “Get these sasaengs out of here.” He says.

            “It’s you again? You really want me to bring you to the police station this time?!”

Security guards come and take them out.

            “Wait…ajusshi…that woman!”

            “Yeah…yeah…stop making reasons.”

            “Aisshh…How did these sasaengs enter the building?”

Soon Ji together with her two minions are forced to go out by the guards and JYJ’s manager.

 

I turn to Yoochun. He’s looking at me silently.

 

            “I don’t know why I came here….I disturbed you….Don’t worry, I’ll make sure that I won’t give you a hard time again…” He’s not saying a word and just staring at me like that.

             “I don’t blame you if you’re so angry at me now....I did wrong and I admit it.” I smile bitterly. “If you keep dating someone like me…..Situations like the one earlier will happen over and over.” I swallow and prepare myself to tell him my decision. “Before I could hurt you even more……break up with me.”  I let out a sigh. “Again, I’m so sorry.” And bow my head before leaving.

 

My heart….it aches a lot. Tears rolls down my face.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yoochun’s POV

 

I was glued from where I was standing for a few moments. Park Ha told those sasaengs that she loves me. I felt really happy but it didn’t last long because she bids goodbye after.

 

I look ahead and when I finally manage to move, Park Ha is gone. I run out of the building.

 

It is raining but I didn’t even feel it…I try to find her but I could not find a single trace of her.

 

            “Foolish girl...I’m willing to overlook it…if only you just say you want us back. …” I whisper to myself.

 

She said that she loves me but then she left me. I feel like my heart is being torn right now.

 

 

           

            “Yoochun hyung….” Junsu says when he sees me.

            “You are dripping wet. Don’t tell me you walk in that rain? What happened?” Jaejoong hyung says with concern.

            “Park Ha……….” I swallow hard.

Both stare at me and I shook my head. I feel that my whole body is numb yet the pain in my chest is still there.

            “It’s really over….”

Finally, in front of my members, I let myself cry.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

[Author's Note]:

 

Sorry for the long delay. I've been very busy for the past weeks....(Have some personal troubles regarding work and family that are too much to handle. I feel down because of those matters but I won't give details because I don't think I should bother you with it....) But this fic has never left my mind...it's just that my mood is not good....also, I lack motivation....T_T

 

As for the current story flow.....I think Park Ha has Athena's I'll-let-you-go-to-protect-you syndrome...keke....Poor Chunnie.....

As for our Baddest Chick and Mr. Simpleton....Another challenge will come and test Athena and Jaejoong's love..

 

[Next Chapter Preview]

 

He moves back with the necklace in his hand. My hand goes to my neck. It feels empty….I’m no longer Junsu oppa’s girl.

 

            “Goodluck…”

            “Oppa…” My chest is hurting. My heart can’t accept that this is the end for us.

            “Goodbye, My lovely ballerina…” He smiles and a tear escape his eye. He wipes it quickly and walks away.

 

 

 

Anyway, THANK YOU for waiting. I hope you didn't lose interest....I will post two more chaps this week so please watch out. In return, I hope to hear more from you guys!