Words

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Hae Won’s POV

 

 

I smile widely upon seeing Junsu wearing his blue jersey.

 

            “Junsu sshi....you look so handsome in that jersey..” I praise him.

            “Really? I’m really happy that you are here to watch me play.” He smiles like a little boy.

            “I’ll cheer for you and your team. I hope you win today’s game.”

He nods.

            “I’ll do my best.” He says and grabs my hand. “Sadly, you have to sit there by yourself...”

I shake my head.

 

            “Concentrate on your game. Don’t worry about me. I really don’t mind seating by myself since I will be busy watching over you anyway.....Ah, by the way Athena unni and Jaejoong sshi will watch too right?”

 

            “Yes....” Suddenly he becomes serious. “I’m sure the media will feast over them that’s why we have to be very careful too. We can’t afford to be found out by them.”

 

I feel some sadness because of that but decided to brush it off by putting on a smile.

 

            “Hm...” I stare at his jersey once more. “I’ll go on my seat now....Number 12, hwaiting!” I say.

 

He let go of my hand and wave.

 

            “See you there.” He says and I start walking away.

 

Now that the musical is over, we won’t have an excuse to see each other freely without getting suspicions from people. I wonder if I should worry about it.

 

I go out of the stadium and look for my seat. Today will be a special soccer game and many fans are here to watch it.

 

I smile to myself as I sit on the lower part of the bleacher. Next to me sits a family. They look cute together wearing blue jerseys. The kids seem like soccer enthusiasts like their mom and dad.

 

I look around and spotted Jaejoong sshi and Athena unni in the mid-bleacher, sitting five rows away from me. Our eyes meet. Athena unni gives me a slight smile in which I return. We didn’t go more than that to greet each other because I might get some attention too which is not good. Though they didn’t seem to care, I still feel sorry for them because people are taking their pictures when they are here for a date.

 

After twenty minutes, the players start entering the soccer field. FC Men is an All-Star team being led by Junsu. People start cheering upon their entrance. When Junsu enters, I stand and cheer loudly. His eyes go around the bleacher. Not long after, he found me among the viewers. He smiles at me sweetly and I feel happy.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

 

I smile secretly seeing Hae Won cheering enthusiastically. Junsu is showing an outstanding performance in his game.

 

            “Junsu is very inspired....” Jaejoong whispers at me in which I nod with.

 

No one here knows that Junsu is already taken and the woman who caught his heart is none other than the sweet and pure lady in pink dress who’s watching him from the crowd.

 

            “I heard that you and Yoochun are registered members of FC Men? How come you are here watching with me and not playing?” I ask Jaejoong.

           “That? We were never been asked to play….I think they just want to promote the team with our names…”

 

            “You never played for the team?” I smile to myself. “I think you in this game.” I tease him.

 

            “What? Aishh….I’m not a soccer player in the first place but it doesn’t mean I don’t know how…”

 

I shrug my shoulders.

 

 

The game became intense and people cheers loudly. FC Men is doing a fantastic job. Each member is showing a good play. Junsu was able to goal twice.

 

The game stops for a break with FC Men dominates the first half. I sip some drinks. I never watched a live game before so I never expected that it will be this fun….except the people taking our pictures….I’m sure it will be all over the net later. I see some photographers on a distance. How could they even go here just to get my pictures? I mean they’re not even interested in watching the game itself but to take our pictures on a date?

 

The crowd suddenly becomes noisy. Jaejoong elbows me to look at the giant screen. I see Jaejoong and me there.

 

            “Oh !” I whisper. It is a Kiss on Cam.

            “KISS! KISS! KISS!” the people teases us.

            “Andwae!!!!” some teenagers disagrees. I’m sure they are JYJ fans.

 

The cam is not leaving us. Heck, I guess this is how they make couples kiss. I look at Jaejoong’s face. He’s stopping himself from bursting into a laugh.

 

            “You find this funny?” I utter.

            “Isn’t it?” he asks.

            “Aishh….you must be crazy…”

            “KISS! KISS! KISS!” the crowd continue to yell out.

            “OPPA ANDWAE!!”

The voice mixes together.

            “We got a very famous couple in the house….” The sport announcer says.

            “Yes that’s true…I think this is the first time we’ve seen Ms. Athena in a game…this is such a rare sighting.” says the other.

 

            “Just an info, Kim Jaejoong is a part of FC Men and I’m sure they are here to support the team.” He stops for a while because of the loud noise.

 

            “The people are so loud….are we going to see a sweet kiss from them?”

            “KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!”

           “Huh…This is insane…” I utter but then Jaejoong cups my face and turn me to him. He kisses me and I couldn’t close my eyes due to surprise. Then he opens his eyes and met mine for a few seconds. In a small distance between our parting lips, he whispers.

 

            “I guess I’m getting bolder now. I even kissed you in public like this..” and he smiles at me.

 

The crowd becomes noisy again. I don’t know how to react….I blink my eyes and just stare at Jaejoong.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I waited for Yoochun who came straight from a shoot before going to the locker room. There will be a victory dinner for the team.

 

 

            “Oh My God Sun! How could you do that hyung?!” Junsu says the moment he saw me.

FC Men won the game and Athena has left for a schedule.

            “Why, what happened? Did I miss something?” Yoochun asks.

            “Jaejoong hyung kissed Athena sshi on Kiss on Cam.”

            “W-what?! On the lips?” Yoochun’s eyes widen in shock. Junsu nods.         

            “Why, isn’t that the purpose of that?” I mutter.

            “Whaa….that is so daring! I never thought you could go to that extent!” Yoochun exclaims.

            “I’m publicly dating so I’ll do it for real.”

            “Eyyy…..” they say in unison.

            “I’m having goosebump!” Yoochun says.

            “Cheesy.” Junsu teases.

I smile at them.

            “Are you done? Let’s go to the van. Hae Won is waiting there.”

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

 

I toss the letter to the trash bin without finishing the entire letter. It’s just another threat from a sasaeng fan. It was not the first but I must admit I receive them frequently right after Jaejoong kissed me on that soccer stadium last week. Even the president would be speechless if we compete in receiving hate mails….Oh I remember, I got a death threat too…

 

Anyway, those sasaengs will hurt their hands writing those stupid letters but they won’t frighten me. I don’t really care about them because I will only stress myself if I do. Those kinds of people don’t deserve my time and attention.

 

I wear my trench coat and carry my handbag and luggage. I’ll be going to US for an audition. There is a Hollywood film in which I’m interested with. We inquired and the director personally invited me to do an audition so I have to be there for four days because of some preparation.

 

 

I go down to the parking lot but surprised to found Jaejoong there and not Ms. Go. He hands over a coffee from Starbucks and opens the car door for me.

 

            “Where is Ms. Go?” I ask him as he starts the engine.

            “She’s already in the airport waiting for you.” He answers shortly.

 

We are now on the road but no one talks. I guess he’s still a bit mad about last night. We had a misunderstanding on the phone. He bugged me like a child about saying those three words.

 

            “Why can’t you tell me that?”

            “That’s not my style…” I say carelessly.

            “Don’t you love me?”

            “I do…”

            “Then why is so hard for you to tell me that you love me too?”

            “What’s the use? You already know how I feel for you.” I roll my eyes. I find this argument a bit childish.

            “That’s true but still, I want to hear you say it….” he sound frustrated.

 

I change the topic but I could still feel his frustration until our conversation ended. I prefer showing him my affection through actions. I’m very direct and outspoken about what’s on my mind but when it comes to how I really feel, I choose not to say it. Jaejoong is different. He loves me and he shows it in actions and words. He understands me but still, there are still some conflicts due to our oppositeness.

 

I never expected that he’ll still come today to give me a ride to the airport. He chose me than his own pride. How can I make it up with him?

 

We arrive in the airport. Jaejoong carries my wheeled luggage for me and we silently walk to our destination. People notice us and snap some pictures. Yeah….do that, that helps…my mind says mockingly.

 

We see Ms. Go waving at us in front of the receiving area.

 

            “Let’s hurry. They are calling the passengers. We have to board the plane now.” she informs us.

            “Okay. Give us a minute.” I say.

 

Ms. Go goes to the counter. I breathe in and turn to Jaejoong. He’s serious expression is not changing. His eyes are certainly not happy. I don’t know if it’s because I’m leaving or because of last night.

 

            “I’ll go now…”

He nods.

            “Give me a call once you arrive there.” He says.

            “Okay..” I sigh.

He embraces me for a very short moment.

            “Take care.” He says.

I nod.

            “You too…”

 

I grab my baggage’s handle and start walking. I enter with Ms. Go.

 

We are heading to the plane when I stop.

 

            “What is it?” she asks.

            “Wait….” I walk back.

 

Through the glass panel, I see Jaejoong walking slowly. I bring out my phone and dial his number.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I watch as she disappears from my sight before deciding to turn my back and go. Athena will be abroad for four days because of an audition. I wish I was able to tell her ‘Hwaiting’ before she goes but sadly, I wasn’t able to do that.

 

What’s happening to you? You told her that you’ll understand her no matter what, right?

 

I thought, I could do it easier by now but that’s not the case. I know that Athena is not that vocal when it comes to her feelings yet I don’t feel good about it.….She really makes me feel how she loves me and I don’t have any doubts it’s just that….I want to hear those words from her. This is a very small misunderstanding but why do I have make it this big? That was so foolish of me….I’m sure she’s not feeling good because of it.

 

I sigh. I have to go to work too.

 

My phone rings. Probably it’s manager hyung to remind me of my schedule. I answer it without looking at the number.

 

            “I drop off Athena here in the airport. I’ll be there.” I say.

            “Jaejoong…”

I’m a bit surprised hearing her voice.

            “Athena?”

            “I forgot something…”

            “Have you left something in the car?”

            “Turn around…”

I look back and see her from the glass panel. She’s in the phone while staring at me.

            “I might not tell you frequently…but it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you any less…I might be lacking with words but it doesn’t mean that sincerity is not there…I never thought that I’ll be able to feel this happy again but I did…..Now, every reason I have is you.”

 

I could see that her eyes gleam with tears as she continues.

 

            “Jaejoong….I love you..”

 

With those words, my mood brightens up. I smile widely like a fool because of happiness. I take big steps and stop in front of her. Within the glass wall, we stare at each other like that.

 

            “I mean it…Jaejoong, I love you…I really do.” She whispers in the phone.

            “I know….I know..” I answer looking her in the eyes.

Ms. Go appears next to her, gesturing that they have to leave. Athena looks at me.

I nod.

            “Go get your role…Hwaiting!”

She smiles.

            “Hwaiting!” she repeats.