Alone Time

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Athena’s POV

 
 
 
 
 
 
“So all these trouble is just because you want to go camping?!”
 
“Well if we go somewhere else, people might see us. Isn’t that more bothersome?” 
 
 
I blew out some air because of frustration.
 
 
 
 
“The place is nice right?” Jaejoong tries to start a conversation.
 
 
I sigh harshly.
 
 
“It’s really beautiful here! I’m totally speechless.” I say sarcastically while finally deciding to sit.
 
 
 
I couldn’t believe that after that helicopter and boat ride, we’ll be staying in this secluded woods---on this tent.
 
 
 
“You’re still upset about the tent?” he asks while setting up the barbeque grill.
 
 
 
The place is not bad at all. Everything we needed is here....fully set up for us. It’s just that we only have a single tent. Upon arriving earlier, both of us were surprised to find that there’s only one tent. I immediately accused him that he did it on purpose but he denied. He kept telling me that he clearly told the ajusshi to put two tents. 
 
 
 
“He’ll be coming for us tomorrow morning so we couldn’t do anything but to bear this together.” He says afterwards.
 
 
“Bear it yourself.” I answer before zipping down the tent’s door. Inside, I saw a familiar bag next to his backpack. I open it and saw some of my clothes. So, they really plan this.....I lay for a few minutes.
 
 
 
 
“Athena...let’s eat.” I hear him say.
 
I didn’t answer.
 
 
“Hmm....the beef barbecue is really delicious! I’ll eat them all if you won’t come out.” He added.
 
 
I plan to ignore him but as I hear the sound of barbecue being cooked in the grill, my mouth suddenly waters. My stomach crumbled. I didn’t eat much on the reception earlier.  
 
 
He smiles when I came out. I help him on the grill. 
 
 
 
“Try some.” he says holding up the grill tong with the cooked meat.
 
I stare at him but he made sure to feed me. 
 
“Delicious right?” he asks looking as I chew.
 
“Hm.”
 
 
 
“I heard that you finally took the offer to do that movie.” he asks while brushing some seasonings to the meat. I gave a half smile as an answer.
 
“Then, how was it?” 
 
“Not yet sure...tomorrow is the first shooting day.”
 
“Is that so? I wish I could visit but I also have a MV shoot.”
 
“Ah..”
 
“There’s a....I’ll be doing a kissing scene on that MV” he says.
 
“Kissing scene? Uhm....what pointers should I give?” I think for a few seconds before turning to him.
 
 
 
“When doing a kissing scene it is very important to consider your partner’s height. You don’t want the audience to feel uncomfortable watching you because of that. The kiss should give them the feelings of the characters not the condition of how the kiss was made.”
 
“Huh?” his eyebrow furrows.
 
 
It seems like it’s his first time doing a kissing scene so I decided to give a full tutorial. I come nearer leaving an inch between our faces.
 
 
 
“The important thing is not to block the camera. Angle is very important in this scene so take note on that.” I turn my head to the right.
 
 
“Also be careful of the nose. Smashed nose doesn’t look good so you’ll probably have a retake.”
 
But then I stop. He doesn’t seem to be listening at all. He’s eyeing me fascinated.
 
 
“You’re not listening at all.”
 
“Huh? Uh.. just continue.” He says.
 
“I’m already giving you a tutorial since you are worried on how to do that scene but I see that you have something else in mind.” I say.
 
“Who told you that I’m worrying about that scene?”
 
“Huh? Isn’t that what you said earlier?” 
 
“I didn’t say anything like that.”
 
“W-what?!”
 
“I had done a few kissing scenes before.”
 
 I feel that my cheeks are getting hot due to embarrassment.
 
“Hmm...but if you want me to practice with you, that’s fine with me. I’m easy to talk with so there won’t be a problem. Do you want me to show you how I do it?” he starts to tease me.
 
“Wh-what are you doing?!” I say when he’s getting closer. He his lower lip with his tongue.
 
“Let’s do a demo then.” He says while smiling.
 
I swallow hard.
 
“Uhm...pay attention to the grill...the meat is getting burned!” I rattle before running inside the tent.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
 
“There’s a....I’ll be doing a kissing scene on that MV” I say trying to see her reaction.
 
“Kissing scene? Uhm....what pointers should I give?” She stops and thinks for a moment before turning to me.
 
 
 
“When doing a kissing scene it is very important to consider your partner’s height. You don’t want the audience to feel uncomfortable watching you because that. The kiss should give them the  feelings of the characters not the condition of how the kiss was made.”
 
“Huh?” I wonder.
 
 
Our face is now inches nearer and she’s really into it. I let myself stare at her freely while she was concentrated in teaching.
 
 
 
“The important thing is not to block the camera. Angle is very important in this scene so take note on that.” 
 
 
She turns her head on the right. Getting a personal tutorial from her is absolutely great. I wonder if she’s really going to give me a kiss.
 
 
“Also be careful of the nose. Smashed nose doesn’t look good so you’ll probably have a retake.”
 
She gives a room between us.
 
“You’re not listening at all.”
 
“Huh? Uh.. just continue.” I say with amusement on my voice.
 
“I’m already giving you a tutorial since you are worried on how to do that scene but I see that you have something else in mind.” She says.
 
“Who told you that I’m worrying about that scene?”
 
“Huh? Isn’t that what you said earlier?” 
 
“I didn’t say anything like that.”
 
“W-what?!”
 
 
I’m amazed that she really took my statement earlier the other way.
 
“I had done a few kissing scenes before.” I admitted.
 
 She blushes and I decided to poke some fun into it.
 
“Hmm...but if you want me to practice with you, that’s fine with me. I’m easy to talk with so there won’t be a problem. Do you want me to show you how I do it?” I while getting near her.
 
“Wh-what are you doing?!” 
 
“Let’s do a demo then.” I smile sweetly.
 
I saw her swallow hard and I like the nervousness that registered to her face.
 
 
“Uhm...pay attention to the grill...the meat is getting burned!” she tries to sound angry.
 
She immediately hides herself inside the tent leaving me smiling to myself.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Athena’s POV

 
 
 
 
“Jerk!” I mutter as I still sulk on what happened earlier. I stayed here in the tent for an hour  because of the mixed embarrassment and annoyance. 
 
 
I took my phone from his backpack. I saw him slipping it into the bag’s pocket earlier.
 
 
“I better get away from here. I don’t think I’ll live the entire day with him.” 
 
 
 
I shouldn’t contact my manager for she’ll side with him so I scroll down on my contacts.
 
Manager, Chairman Ahn, Ajumma, Laundry Shop, Ilsan Hospital-----I sigh. I don’t have anyone to call anyway. The signal here is not good as well. I bit my lower lip because I don’t know which is more frustrating---The fact that the signal is not good to make a call or the fact that I don’t have anyone to call. 
 
 
 
 
What is he up to? I wonder noticing that it’s quiet outside. I put back the phone in his bag and decided to change my clothes. I came out but couldn’t see him. The sun is already setting so I try to look around. 
 
 
 
 
There at the side of the lake, I see him sitting. 
 
 
 
 
“I thought you won’t be coming out ‘till tomorrow...” then a genuine smile draw on his face. He gently taps the chair next to him.
 
“Sit here.” He says.
 
“Are you fishing?” I ask as I sit. He’s holding on a fishing rod.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Do you usually do this?”
 
“Occasionally... It has been years since the last time I did.”
 
“Any catch yet?”
 
“None...I wonder where did all the fish go...” he says.
 
“How about you? Have you gone fishing before?” he asked.
 
 
 
A childhood memory quickly flashed in my head.
 
 
 
 
“That was a long time ago.....I can’t remember well.” I look away.
 
“The first time I go fishing was with my dad. Perhaps, it’s with your father?” he asks.
 
 
I shrug my shoulders and stare at the dark sky. There are many stars visible from here. There are so many and I continue to look at them.
 
 
“The night sky is good here. The place is quiet and free from those sasaengs and paparazzi.” He says.
 
“You’re right.” I agree.
 
 A moment of silence passed between us.
 
 
 
 
 
“That girl...did you date her?” I hesitantly ask.
 
“Huh?”
 
“That female singer...Uh...don’t get me wrong...it is because I saw the two of you on a restaurant before.”  I also don’t know why I’m asking this.
 
“Ah...are you talking about BoA?” 
 
So, BoA is her name....
 
 
“We used to date. We were together for like four years but, uhm...she ended it after we left SM.” He says.
 
“Because of the circumstances?” 
 
 
 
I heard from my manager that the former DBSK members had a hard time after leaving their former agency. There is a suitcase involved and JYJ is now having a hard time showing up on TV because of it.
 
 
He slightly nods before speaking.
 
 
“It was asked from her and since she couldn’t deal with any consequences...she chose to end it up
 
with me.”
 
 
Almost the same story as mine. She chose her career over him like how Min Woo chose his career over us. Is this the common denominator we have? 
 
 
 
“I don’t want to keep being lonely and hurt so I chose to put it all behind....Now, I’m ready to date again..as long as it is with you.” He says.
 
“Here we go again...” I rolled my eyes.
 
“Look, what in the words I CAN’T, I WON’T, and I COULDN’T you don’t understand?” I added.
 
 
He flashed that crooked smile again as if he was pleased with what he heard.
 
 
“Ah...I shouldn’t bring that up since we just talked about an ex....my bad. Are you jealous?”
 
He thinks I’m rejecting him because I am jealous of that BoA?!
 
“Huh!” I smile annoyingly. “Why would I be jealous? You are not my boyfriend.”
 
“Then make me.” He replies.
 
My eyes narrowed.
 
“Do you want me to laugh with that?”
 
“You had rejected me for I don’t know how many times....I’m already immune to it.” He seriously says. “As for BoA, there’s no reason for you to be jealous because I got nothing left from that old feelings for her.”
 
 
“Aishh...chincha! Why aren’t you taking my words seriously?!” I say in a higher tone for emphasis.
 
“That should be my line. Why don’t you take me seriously?” he bounces back the question to me while seriously staring straight into my eyes.
 
I blink and just look back at him. 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
We both have schedules for tomorrow so we have to take a rest now. We are silently preparing to sleep. I lie in my sleeping bag and face her side.
 
 
 
“Where do you think you’re facing?” she boldly says.
 
“Just...”
 
She gave a warning look.
 
“I guess..this side will be good too...” I mutter faking a laugh while turning to the other side.
 
 
 
Why is the day so fast? We haven't done much....
 
 
I smile thinking about her blushing face when I . She has this cute side to her....
 
Then remember how she acted when I mention about her dad earlier. There's something in her eyes on that brief seconds and I just can't identify. Suddenly, I wonder about her family. Come to think of it, I don't really know anything about her family aside from her mother being in the hospital.
 
 
 
“Athena..” I utter but she didn't respond.
 
“Athena...” I turn to her only to find her sleeping.
 
 
Her breathing is calm assuring me that she's already asleep. I know that I have an early start tomorrow but I wouldn't mind getting lesser sleep just to see her like this. I stare at her face. She has a perfect set of eyebrows fit for her lovely eyes. Her eyes are my favorite part of her face. My heart beats like crazy whenever I look at them. My eyes passed down to her nose and stopped to her lips. They are slightly parted making me think about the feeling of kissing them.
 
 
 
Her brows formed a slight crest between them and her body curved a little. She might be cold. Autumn is getting shorter than the passed years and so the weather nowadays is a bit colder than expected. I feel sorry for her because the heat coming from the mini heater is not enough. I move next to her. I covered her well with the blanket before putting my arm around her. I might get a slap next morning but I don't care. I just don't want her to be cold in her sleep. Her hand holds on my shirt and she comes nearer. She rests her forehead to my chest. I went down to kiss her in the hair.
 
 
 
“Goodnight.” I whisper before closing my eyes.