The top bidder

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Hae Won’s POV

 

 

            “And now, for the last portion of our fan meeting program...”

 

The audience listens carefully to the MC.

 

            “We are going to have a surprise bidding. Everyone can participate. We only have a simple rule though...the top bidder can only pay using the money they have at this moment. We won’t be accepting checks or credit cards. The purpose of it is to make sure that everyone can have a chance at bidding.”

 

I look at Junsu on the stage whose also looking at me. He smiles at me and I nod at him. I came here prepared. I withdraw a total of $5,000 from my bank account. I’m sure it’s more than enough to win him.

 

I smile to myself. I keep thinking about it last night that I wasn’t able to sleep well. I prepared the best outfit that I can wear for our date. I also imagined some possible scenarios of our date. I’m so excited! I’m sure that it’s going to be a romantic moment.

 

            “I’m sure all of Kim Junsu’s fans are excited about the thing that we are going to auction tonight. Do you want to know now?” The MC teases the audience.

            “YEAHHHH!!!!!” the crowd answers.

            “Alright....The item that we will auction is none other than a packaged date with Kim Junsu tonight, right after this fan meeting!”

 

The fans scream with joy.

 

            “You’ll have your dream date with Kim Junsu and the same time, donate to the charity. Isn’t it great? Okay, before we begin let us hear what our handsome Kim Junsu will say.”

            “I hope each one would bid not only because of the date but also the thought that it will be for a good cause. The money you will give will help some less fortunate people. Anyway, to whoever lady that will win..I promise to treat her as a princess tonight. I will make sure that it will be a fun and memorable night.”

 

He looks at me again. The fans are once again screams with anticipation.

 

Then the MC begins the auction.

 

            “This is a free bidding. Anyone can give out a price for starting bid.”

            “500,000 won!” (Almost $500)

            “600,000!”

            “$700!”

            “$850!”

The fangirls starts to shout their bids. I wait before making my own bid.

            “$900.”

            “$1000!”

            “$1000! Is there a higher bid than that?” The MC asks.

I raise my hand.

            “$2000.” I say.

            “$2500!”

I raise my hand again.

            “$3000.”

            “$3300!”

I raise my hand again.

            “$4000!”

            “Ohh!! This lady bids a whooping $4000! Is there anyone who would like to go higher than that?”

 

Girls look at me. No response from the people so the MC begins to count.

 

You are mine Junsu sshi!

 

            “$4000. Going once...”

Junsu smiles at me and I secretly give him the V sign.

            “Going twice...”

We’ll be dating after this! My mind shouts in a celebratory tone.

            “$5000.”

 

I froze. What happened? Did someone just bid higher? I turn to find the person. A woman in red y dress is proudly standing a few seats away from me.

 

Ottoke? I only have $5000 with me. I can’t bid higher than that.

 

            “$5000….are you willing to go higher than that agasshi?” The MC asks me.

 

I swallow hard with panic and look at Junsu sshi. He stares at me as if he’s asking if I’m okay. I turn back to the waiting MC and shake my head carefully.

 

            “$5500!”

 

Another bid was declared. I find another woman on the right row. She wears a white trench coat with blue scarf making her look like a rich person.

 

            “$6000.” Ms. Red says. 

            “$7500.” Ms. White says.

            “$8000!” Ms. Red fights back. She looks at Ms. White with irritation on her face.

            “The duel for bidding is getting hot! I’m sure everyone is anticipating who will be the woman to win this bid. It’s a critical moment and in the end, there would only be one woman to go on a date with Kim Junsu!” The MC says.

            “$8500” Ms. White bids.

 

I think Ms. Red wants to grab Ms. White’s hair because of it.

 

            “$....9000!” she counterbids.

I stare at Junsu sshi with my sad face. My poor Junsu sshi…..

            “$10,000.” Ms. White says making people gasp including me.

My eyes get bigger. That woman brought $10,000 with her tonight? She must be super rich…..

            “$10,000! Anymore bids after that?” The MC asks.

Ms. Red gritted her teeth but I think she already reached her limit.

            “Going once………Going twice……..And sold! It is sold to the Ms. Bidder in white trench coat! Congratulation! You can claim your date with Kim Junsu after this!” The MC declares Ms. White as the winner.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

            “Jaejoong ah!” Manager hyung excitedly calls my name.

I stop for a moment from my work out and face him.

            “What is it hyung?” I ask.

            “I just got a phone call……guess who I just talked with!”

            “No idea….who?”

            “The CEO!”

I grab a towel and wipe away the sweat on my face.

            “What did he say?”

            “He said that he and Mr. Seo discussed it thoroughly….finally they had decided to approve your proposal!”

            “Is that true hyung?!”

 

I could not believe that they will make a decision right away and it turned out to be on my favor.

 

            “Yes. The production for your solo album will be on works. Just give them the go signal and we’ll start on your album immediately!”

            “Thank God.”

 

I feel relieved that I’ll get to do my album ASAP.

I will work hard for this album. I hope that fans would like it and show some love once more.

I dial Athena’s number.

 

            “Jae.”

            “Athena, I got it! I’ll be working on my album.” I happily tell her about the good news.

            “Really?! Wow! That’s great! When are you going to start?” she sound excited as much as I am.

            “Immediately.”

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hae Won’s POV

Backstage hallway

 

 

Why did this happen? It is not what I imagined it to be…….I made sure to plan it well but it didn’t turn out that way….

 

If only I brought more than $10,000…..I should have place my entire savings into it…maybe then, I have a chance to bid….I feel sorry towards Junsu sshi because I wasn’t able to put on a real fight for him….I’m so disappointed to myself.

 

 

            “Hae Won ah!” I hear Junsu calling me.

He’s walking towards me.

            “Junsu sshi…..mianhe….cheongmal mianhe!”

 

I look on the floor because I’m so embarrassed that I wasn’t able to do what I promised him. Tears starts forming in my eyes.

 

            “Hae Won ah, look at me.”

I shook my head so he cups my face and lift it so that my eyes would meet.

            “Why are you crying?” he asks worriedly.

            “B-ecause…..because I didn’t win. I planned it well…..I even brought a new dress for our date but my money was not enough to win…..and now you will go on a date with another woman…” I say as my tears stream down my face.

            “Don’t cry….” He wipes away my tears. “We’ll go on our date now…your dress and efforts are not going to be wasted.” He says.

            “Huh? What about the woman who won the bid?”

            “She works for me. I told her to help you out on winning the bid.”

            “What? You mean, you paid her to pretend to be a bidder?”

He nods.

            “Hm. I told her to make sure to win if you can no longer bid. I would pay whatever price in order to win.”

 

I am moved. I didn’t expect him to do this….turns out that the top bidder is Junsu sshi.

 

            “I told you, I wouldn’t want to go on a date with any other woman but you so I made my own plan ahead. When you looked at me after the $5000 bid, I gave out a signal to her.”

            “Junsu sshi….” I couldn’t help but hug him tightly.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Junsu’s POV

 

 

We ate dinner at the same restaurant where we first met. It feels nostalgic to be here again. It’s like things happened just yesterday…..I was waiting for my twin brother here and I noticed her in the table next to the window. She was anxiously waiting for someone….all by herself. I don’t know….I don’t usually approach strangers especially women because I’m shy but that moment, I felt like I have to. Something in her pulls me towards her.

 

I couldn’t believe that after a few months, I’ll be returning here with that beautiful woman as my date….as my girlfriend…

 

The waitress serves us a small cake.

           

            “What’s with the cake?” Hae Won asks as I light the single candle on top of it.

            “We couldn’t celebrate our 100th day….so we’ll do our 135th day instead.” I reply.

            “Today is our 135th day?! I didn’t know that….I have no idea that you are so in tune with the calendar.”

            “Of course, how could I forget? These past 135 days are so blissful for me.”

Hae Won smiles.

            “For me too…..It’s just that I didn’t know that 100th day is something big.…In US, lovers celebrate only the yearly anniversary so they don’t have events like 100th days.”

            “That’s why we have to make it special.”

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

After dinner, we stroll along the empty night street where we walked on last time. I smile as I see the necklace I gave her hanging around her neck. She wears it all the time and it makes me happy.

 

            “I always wear this.” She holds on the pendant when she noticed me looking at it.

            “I know.”

 

I hold her hand. I’m no longer shy with this kind of skinship with her. After 135 days of dating, it comes naturally for us to hold hands.

 

            “Being able to go on a date like this is nice….Maybe in New York we could have a lot of this.” She says.

            “When we are in New York, we’ll date more like this..” I say.

 

We pass by a flower seller so we stop to buy.

            “Please give me the best roses for my girlfriend.”

I bought a bouquet and give it to her.

            “Thank you. It’s indeed like that night.” Hae Won says sniffing the flowers.

We continue to walk.   

 

            “When I came home that night….I felt like it was a dream. I got rejected but then I had a great time with a total stranger….That time I think, ‘It’s not a common situation’….”

            “Do you mean that in a good or bad way?”

            “Good way of course! I think it is special….Every moment I share with Junsu sshi is special..”

I smile.

            “Wait…why do you still call me Junsu sshi? I’m your boyfriend!” I whine a bit.

            “What do you want me to call you? Honey?” she says in a teasing tone.

I smile again.

            “Sweetheart?” she suggests.

Well…that sounds good too….

            “Darling?” she says looking at me.

 

I feel like I’m getting red. Why do all of them sound great when they come from her? But I really want to hear her call me this one word.

 

            “Oppa….call me oppa.” I say.

She blushes.

            “H-how can I call you that?”

            “Wae? You call Min Woo hyung oppa….You also call that other guy oppa…why not me?”

            “It…it’s embarrassing…..” she answers in a shy tone.

            “Why is it embarrassing? I’m your boyfriend….”

She puts her other hand at the back of her neck.

            “I’ve been calling them like that since I was a little girl…But to call you that…. I don’t know….I think it’s….it’s….” her cheeks blushes again.

 

She’s really shy…

 

            “Winning the bid earlier…..I did a great job, right?” I ask.

She nods.

            “It’s the best.” She says giving me a thumbs up.

            “Then I deserve a reward. Don’t you think so?”

            “Okay…..what reward do you want?’ she asks.

            “From now on….call me Junsu Oppa.”

            “Huh?!”

            “Yes…Oppa…say…Oppa.”

            “Why that? I told you it’s embarrassing…”

            “I want you to call me oppa….and the way you refuse makes me feel even eager to hear it.”

 

She didn’t say anything and think to herself.

 

She took a deep breath and turn to me.

 

            “O….Oppa…..Junsu Oppa.”

She looks cute despite her awkward expression. She blushes too.

            “Oppa….” She says again.

 

My heart is drumming so hard. I feel like my face becomes red. I feel shy too.

 

            “Junsu Oppa…”

 

We broke into an awkward laugh and face the opposite directions.

 

            “What’s this? Why do I feel happy and shy at the same time?” I utter.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Thank you to those people who upvoted.....I want to cry because of happiness....(Just kidding!)

Comments please. ^-^

Happy weekend people!