'Cheer up Park Ha!'

The Baddest Chick in the Game

Athena’s POV

 

 

Recently, I wonder how Park Ha is doing. After I found out that she and Yoochun broke up, I didn’t hear anything much about her. I’m not angry that she told the press about my relationship with Jaejoong because I feel that there’s a reason behind it.

 

I call her and a woman answered the phone.

 

            “Hello?”

            “Good afternoon. May I speak with Park Ha?”

            “And you are?”

            “This is Athena.”

She didn’t talk for a few seconds.

            “I-it’s r-really you....Athena the actress?!”

            “Ah....yes...”

            “This is unbelievable.....”

            “Uhm....Park Ha....is she there?”

            “Ah....Yes but she’s sleeping now.....Actually, we’re here in the hospital. She was admitted a few days ago.”

            “Huh? Is she sick or anything?”

            “She’s not sick but uh...got herself beaten up...”

My eyebrows furrow.

            “Can you tell me which hospital will I find you?” I ask.

She tells me the hospitals name without hesitation.

            “Thank you. And you are?”

            “Cho Chae Kyung.”

            “Cho Chae Kyung, thank you.”

 

When I press the end button, I think to myself. Does Yoochun know about it?

 

I heave a deep sigh before deciding to call Hae Won. I asked her if she knows that Park Ha is in the hospital and she was surprised too. We agreed to meet and visit her.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Carrying a bouquet of white flowers, I enter Park Ha’s hospital room. Her eyes widen upon seeing us.

 

            “W-what are you doing here? How did you know?” she utters.

            “I answered your phone while you were sleeping.” The woman who’s sitting next to her says.

I think she’s Cho Chae Kyung.

            “Park Ha unnie....why didn’t you tell us that you were hurt?” Hae Won speaks up.

            “How are you feeling?” I ask.

            “Uh....I’m fine now. You don’t have to worry so much..”

The woman gives us chairs to sit on.

            “Are you Cho Chae Kyung?” I ask.

She nods shyly.

I smile and offer a handshake.

            “I’m Athena. Thank you for informing me.”

She takes my hand with a shy expression.

            “I’m Cho Chae Kyung....”

            “I’m In Hae Won....I’m Park Ha unnie’s friend too.”

            “Nice to meet you.”

We sit.

            “I also want to see you Athena sshi. I planned to come to you once I get myself discharged but you came to me instead...”

            “Don’t mind it. Since you’re in this condition, how will you go? Good thing I found out.”

 

She tries to go down from the bed and with her facial expression, I can say that she feels pain moving but she’s just enduring it.

 

            “What are you doing?”

            “Park Ha unnie, stay in the bed.”

She still stands despite us telling her not to.

            “I told the reporters about your relationship with Kim Jaejoong. I did wrong. I’m so sorry.”

She bows her head.

            “I’m not angry at you....not a bit...Go back to bed.” I say.

She goes back to the bed but still, she could meet me in the eyes.

            “Whether it’s you or not....it will come out anyway. We were not hurt in any way so don’t feel bad bout it.”

            “Still...I’m so sorry...I did wrong.”

            “What I want to know is why....I’m sure that you won’t do something like that without a reason.”

She bit her lips.

            “Tell us unnie...what really happened.” Hae Won says.

 

Park Ha finally tells us the whole story. She told the reporters because she helped a dear friend. She also says the reason why Yoochun broke up with her and why she got hospitalized. Sasaengs....her problems rooted from them too.

 

How ironic that we were both hospitalized because of sasaengs. Before I was the one she’s visiting but now it’s the other way around. I understand how hard it is for her being placed under that circumstance.

 

I hold her hand to make her feel that I’m with her.

           

            “How are you feeling?” I ask denoting how she is emotionally.

 

She smiles bitterly but didn’t answer. The sad look in her eyes is enough to say how much she’s hurting. She’s pale and obviously lost weight.

           

            “How is he?” she asks after a few moments.

            “He’s working. Though he acts like he’s fine, Jaejoong says that Yoochun is obviously hurting because of your separation.”

She nods.

            “I hurt him...I am the one at fault. I deserve his anger.”

 

            “Maybe the two of you should talk about this thoroughly. See if you can still work things out.”

 

She shook her head.

 

Though I know the situation now, I can’t still get in between. The only people who can mend this are the two of them. I sigh and smile instead.

 

            “Cheer up Park Ha. Things will get better in time. You’ll get through this.”

 

I’m quite surprised myself too. It was not my nature to cheer people up. Usually I tell them things the harsh way in order to open their eyes to reality. I smile secretly......I think I’m starting to act like Jaejoong in some ways. I love being a fierce girl and I don’t want to change anything about me but because of him, my soft spot is showing. Ugh...... He’s a bad influence for me.

           

Hae Won places her hand on top of ours to show her support.

            “Always be strong! Park Ha unnie, Athena unnie.....Fighting!” she smiles brightly.

Park Ha and I smile.

            “Being hospitalized because of sasaengs is the fate of a JYJ girl. Now that Park Ha is done...it’s your turn Hae Won ah...” I joke.

Her eyes widen.

            “Omo....” she crosses her hands in front of her chest and gulps with a nervous face.

We laugh because of her cute reaction.

            “Chae Kyung ah....you seem to be enjoying...Aren’t you Athena’s hater?” Park Ha jokes her.

I turn to Chae Kyung.

            “You hate me...really?” I ask.

widens.

            “It’s because you stole her true love Kim Jae Wook...” Park Ha says.

            “Is that so?” I bow my head to Chae Kyung. “I’m sorry....I went out with him a few times but it didn’t go that far. I should have known that he’s yours. Sorry.” I say.

Chae Kyung waves her hands.

            “No....You don’t have to say sorry.....I was just angry because he’s my number one crush....It’s because I thought of you differently before. Now that I met you, I feel like I couldn’t hate you. I’m now a fan!”

She looks like she’s genuine.

We laugh again. I take Chae Kyung’s hand and place it with ours.

            “Park Ha, Hae Won, Chae Kyung....We will all be strong, alright?”

            “Fighting!!”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Park Ha’s POV

 

 

I’m thankful that I get to talk to Athena. I was able to breathe now that I confessed to her personally what I did. She’s very understanding and cool. I admire her.

 

I was happy while they were here. For a moment, I forgot how miserable I’m feeling. We had fun talking and laughing like any friends would do. We didn’t talk much about Yoochun but Athena informed me that JYJ finally filmed a Running Man episode. I’m happy that JYJ will be finally making their television comeback. I know that Yoochun had been wishing for that to happen.

 

 

From my hospital bed, I glance at the window. The weather looks nice.

 

I turn to my laptop. I haven’t opened it for quite some time now. I was so occupied with different things the past month. I flip it open and press the power button. I run my fingers across its keyboard. It must have been lonely because I didn’t use it lately.

 

I log in to Asianfanfics where I post my stories. I smile upon seeing them. Gosh….time flies…looking back now, I can’t believe that I already written thirty fanfics. I clearly remember how I spend sleepless night because of them. The positive feedbacks and love from the readers made my days.

 

I don’t really know if I really have what it takes to be a great writer but I tried my best to write. My dream is to be a great chef so I don’t have any ambition of being a professional writer. I write these stories only because I want to tell a story….it’s like my personal therapy. Something that calms me and keeps my mind off the problems I have in reality.

 

The last message on my wall is from CrownPrince with the big ‘I LOVE YOU’. In reality the last words he said to me is that I disgust him.

I sigh.

From writingstories, I unexpectedly met the person my stories are all about. Do I regret it? No. Definitely, no. He’s the most special thing that happened in me. The only regret I have is that I hurt him. I could have prevented it but I was too stupid not to dodge it.

I swallow hard and type.

 

Readers, Subscribers, and Friends......

 

I came to the point that I need to say goodbye to all of you. The time came for me in which I think what I’ve done and received are already satisfying to me.

I was able to create stories and share them to all of you freely.....I am so grateful for the chance. My journey as a story teller might be short but definitely, it had been a sweet and wonderful experience.

Through my fanfics, I’ve already told you my story and I have nothing more to say....

Thank you so much and always be healthy.

 

I post my last blog as a farewell. I decided to deactivate my account and leave the site for good.

There is one thing I realize from it. No matter how much one do his best, still he can’t fully portray a real person....Before I always wonder what is Park Yoochun’s reality....what is he really like...that’s the reason why I kept writing stories.....He had looked into my eyes and shown me his heart...now, I know the answers to my questions. I no longer have to wonder and keep writing self-formulated stories.

I don’t want to cause any harm on him again....Peace of mind is the last present I will give him.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Hae Won’s POV

 

I folded the paper neatly and leave it on top of my vanity dresser. I finally wrote the reply letter for New York Conservatory. I’m sure that I want to refuse their offer. I’m happy with my life here in Korea. I’m in love and I want nothing but to stay next to Junsu oppa.

My phone buzzed. I read Junsu oppa’s message. He’s done with his schedule for today so we’ll meet. I grab the brush and do my hair. I apply some lip gloss on my lips. After being satisfied with how I look on the mirror, I stand up, get my purse and exit my room. I’m so excited! It always feels like our first date whenever I meet him.

I went down the stairs. With a big smile in my face, I jump and hop as I leave the house.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Third Person’s POV

 

In Young Min comes out of his room. He couldn’t find his nail clipper so he came out to ask Hae Won to lend him hers.

 

            “Has she gone out already?” he whispers to himself seeing that the house is quiet.

 

Hae Won told him earlier that she’ll go on a date tonight. Young Min climb to the second floor again and go to Hae Won’s room. He knocks at the door.

 

            “Hae Won ah?”

But the door suddenly opens. He peeks inside but the room is empty.

 

            “So she’s really not here....”

 

Then why did she left the door unlocked he thought. Then he smiles to himself. Probably Hae Won forgot to lock the door because she was so excited on her date. Now that his dongsaeng is dating, he somehow feels alone. Ahh...He should start meeting a woman too.....

 

He was about to pull the door close when he changes his mind. Since he’s already here, why doesn’t he just look for the nail clipper as well?

 

He enters the room and goes towards the dresser. He looks for it on the drawers.

 

            “There it is!” he happily utters when he sees it as if what he found is a treasure.

 

He’s not so organized so he’s having a hard time looking for his things. Thanks to Hae Won, the house is in order. He gets to see the nail clipper easily because his dongsaeng’s things are well organized.

 

But before he leaves, his eyes catch a glimpse of a folded letter on top of the dresser. There was a small box next to it showing some mails. He’s not the type to snoop around other people’s belongings but when he reads that the mails are from New York Conservatory where Hae Won studied, he suddenly feels curious. The dates these letters sent are just these recent months. Why is there lots of it?

 

He opens one of them and reads that the school has been asking repeatedly about the offer they gave Hae Won. According here, they are not getting any response from her. He picks up the folded letter and reads it too. It is Hae Won’s response. It seems like she just wrote this. The letter says that she’s refusing the offer.

Young Min’s forehead furrows.

 

He always asks Hae Won if there’s nothing for her to do in US but she says none. He wonders why his dongsaeng doesn’t seem to have a plan to go back and now he finds out what’s happening. He needs to talk to uncle and aunt about this.