The reunion of the the 'Stood Up Pair'

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Junsu's POV

 
 
I overslept again in the dressing room. I stood up and look at the wall clock. It's 11 pm and should be going.
 
 
I was walking in the hallway when I noticed that the lights in the dance studio are still on. Our rehearsal was long over. I know that the ballet team uses this studio but I've seen them left earlier. Who could possibly be in there? I saw that the door is not fully closed. I plan to enter but the music stops me. 
 
 
There I saw her, wearing her black ballet practice clothes and shoes. I watch her silently. She's practicing her solo part in the play. She dances gracefully and every movement of her hands and feet seems light. I can't find the right word to describe it but it's like a mermaid dancing underwater or if angels are real then I think this is how they’ll look like when they fly with their wings.
 
 
She makes an arabesque pose and stand on her ballerina shoes before turning. Her eyes are close while she turns faster and faster.
 
 
Then her eyes open and catch a glimps of me.
 
 
 
               “Oh God!” she stumbled on her feet and fall to the ground.
 
I run to her.
 
               “I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you.”
 
Holding her left foot, she looks at me and sighs in relief.
 
               “Xia sshi....I thought you were a ghost...”
 
               “G-ghost?”
 
               “Your blonde hair is so light...I actually thought it was white.”
 
               “Ah....” I touched my hair and we just laugh.
 
               “By the way, why are you still here?” she asks.
 
               “I slept at the dressing room...I'm also surprised to see that you're still here too.”
 
          “That's because I want to complete the routine right away...” but a crooked expression flashes to her face.
 
                “Are you hurt?” I touch her foot.
 
              “I think I twisted it when I fall...but don't worry, it's not that bad. This happens once in a while.” 
 
She unties the ribbons and removes the shoes. Her toes are wrapped in bandages.
 
 
                “Ballerina's feet are so unattractive..” she says while taking out the bandages.
 
I help her get up.
 
She went to a room to change clothes so I waited 'till she comes out.
 
 
                 “How are you going home?”
 
                 “I usually take the bus but I think I'll take a cab today.”
 
                 “I could give you a lift.” 
 
She looks at me.
 
                 “After all, I'm partly responsible why you hurt yourself..”
 
She smiles.
 
               “You don't really have to but....I'll get to save a taxi fare and I shouldn't miss out a good deal like that right?” she answers making me smile too.
 
                 “You're a wise person.” I say with a smile.
 
I help her get into my car.
 
 
                 “Hae Won sshi...do you know who I am?” I ask her again.
 
We've been seeing each other on rehearsals but didn't have the chance to talk. I don't think she's pretending not to remember me.
 
                 “Huh?”
 
               “One night in a restaurant....I got this.” I pointed to the keychain attached to the key in the ignition. 
 
                  “Ah...I also used to have...” she suddenly looks at me.
 
                  “Kim Junsu?!”
 
                  “You remember now?”
 
                  “Omo! It's really you! How did...?” Her eyes are wide open observing my face.
 
                  “I recall you the moment you step into the studio...sadly, you didn't remember me.”
 
              “I'm so sorry! You hair was black and short back then. Also, you were wearing a heavy make-up when we were introduced....You should have told me earlier...How can I make it up on you?”
 
               “You really should make it up on me. Hmm....I'll think of it next time because for now, I have to get you home.”
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 

 

 

No Min Woo's POV

 
 
I stopped the car in front of Lee's residence. Hye Ri stares at me with teary eyes.
 
 
 
                  “Oppa..” 
 
                  “Go in.”
 
                  “But oppa...”
 
I sigh before turning to her.
 
               “What do you want me to say Hye Ri? What you said in the restaurant was so sudden that I couldn't say anything. Give me time to digest all of it first.”
 
She wipes the tear that fall to her face and nods.
 
                “Okay...okay...but please contact me soon.”
 
                “Good night.” is the only word I say before she opens the door.
 
I couldn't believe that my ex-girlfriend's sister confessed to me.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

 

Hae Won's POV

 
 
 
I'm still taking out my seatbelt but he already open the door for me. How does he move that fast?
 
He offers his hand when I go down.
 
 
                     “This is your neighborhood?”
 
                     “Yeah.”
 
 
He looks up athe stairway. I need to go up the stairs and walk a few blocks because our apartment is at the end. Junsu helps me climb the stairs by letting me hold onto his arm.
 
 
                    “Take it slow.” he says noticing that I'm trying to step faster despite my painful feet.
 
As soon as we reach the top, he sits in front.
 
                    “J-Junsu sshi...”
 
                    “Get in my back. I'll carry so you won't hurt your feet anymore.”
 
I can just refuse but it seems like he won't be standing there unless I let him carry me so I did what he said. I wrap my arms around him and he had his hands supporting my legs.
 
 
                    “Do ballerinas weight this light?” he asks as he starts to walk.
 
                    “Probably because we burn a lot of calories.” I answer.
 
We chuckle.
 
                   “I still can walk you know...It's normal that my feet are like this after a day’s rehearsal.”
 
                “It might be normal for you...but not for me. You are limping so I shouldn't just watch you. I need to make sure that you won't end up injured or we'll lose another ballerina...”
 
I chuckle.
 
                    “You know what? You are the third guy who ever gave me a piggyback ride.”
 
                    “Chincha? Who are the other two?”
 
                 “My mom said that it's my dad who did it first. The second one is Heejun oppa then you.”
 
                 “How about your cousin? Didn't you tell me that you have a close relationship with him?”
 
               “Yes that's true but he never gave me a piggyback ride because he always says that he's reserving it for his future wife. My dad died earlier and I cannot really remember the feeling when he carried me. When I was a kid, I often whine at oppa about it but since he couldn't, Heejun oppa often carries me instead.”
 
                 “Is that so?” 
 
He became quiet thinking to himself.
 
                 “Heejun oppa....if you can still remember, he's the person who stood me up that night.”
 
                 “That guy...have you talked?” he asks.
 
             “Hm. He gave reasons as to why I was rejected. I don't hate him because he turned me down...I couldn't hate him because of that. But somehow I regret confessing to him because we became awkward after that.”
 
                “You shouldn't regret telling him how you feel. How would you know if he feels the same if you would just keep it? At least now, you can start anew. Don't worry about the awkwardness...in time it will go back to normal.”
 
                “Is it?” I silently sigh. “Junsu sshi...I don't know why but I really feel at ease opening up these things to you.”
 
                  “Glad to know that.” he smiles.
 
                  “How about your date that night? Did you talk with that person after?”
 
                  “Yeah...he was really late.”
 
                  “He?”
 
                  “My twin bother.”
 
                  “Your twin brother?! So it's not a date then?”
 
He nods happily. I hit my head.
 
                  “How could I assume that it was a woman? Babo...”
 
                  “What are you doing to yourself?!” he says while chuckling. 
 
And we reached the end of the street shortly after.
 
                  “This is my home.” I say talking about the apartment building in front of us.
 
                  “Ah..this?”
 
Then a man comes out of the building. He stops when he sees us. I swallow and suddenly come down from Junsu's back. 
 
                 
                   “H-Heejun oppa...”