Athena's Boyfriend?!

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Athena's POV

 
 
 
 
I've been here in the office for already ten minutes but the old man is still not saying anything. He's spraying his beloved orchids as usual. I suddenly noticed that his hair got whiter than the last time I saw him.
 
 
 
 
                  “You should have taken some time away from your flowers and at least get a hair dye.” I voice out.
 
                  “My plants are very dependent. They need extra care than the other plants.” he calmly says.
 
                  “Aishhh...you're not that busy. You're not really doing any work here in the office aside from that! Maybe you should step down from being the chairman and venture into a gardening business instead.” I say.
 
Chairman Ahn laughs.
 
 
                  “Chincha! You think I'm joking? This old man....you should really retire...when that happens, you'll have all the time in the world to stare at your plants. Let a capable person take over the agency so everyone will be happy.”
 
                  “If this old man retires, everyone will be happy?” he asks back.
 
                  “Of course! A younger person knows more about new trends. That will reinvent the image of Serenity and also, nobody will ever have to tolerate seeing an old man in a traditional hanbok walking around the building. Isn’t it a win-win situation?” 
 
We both know that I don't really mean it. Chairman Ahn is well-respected and loved by everyone in this agency. He founded the agency and gave chance to those who has the will and potential.
 
He cracks in laughter once more.
 
                   “Aigoo this kid...”
 
I decided to bring up the reason I'm here.
 
                   “They told me that you wanted to see me for some scolding..”
 
 
The PR team is still looking at the scandal and the interview added to it on being another talk of the town...
 
 
                    “Do you want to be scolded?”
 
                    “I don't think I deserve to get any. I didn't do anything wrong. They want a piece of me and that's what I gave them.”
 
                    “Then I'll take it as what you said.”
 
My eyebrows furrow. That's it?
 
It seems that he reads my mind so he speaks.
 
                    “What is your publicist for? Why do you think we hired an entire PR team for you?”
 
                    “To manage my public image and handle the issues for me.”
 
He nods slowly.
 
                    “Why is that?” he asks but I couldn't say anything. “It's because you are brutally honest...which is not good all the time....What happened on that live interview is just one of the example. You did a good job there though I'm not saying that you have to let yourself go like that all the time. Do you understand my point Ae Young ah?”
 
I nod.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 Third Person Narration
 
 
 
 
Athena left the office but Chairman Ahn still stares at the door.
 
 
 
“That kid learned how to rise from where she fell and grow stronger with time. Your mother and father are surely proud of you...” he whispers in the air.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

No Min Woo's POV

 
 
 
 
                   “Are you turning me down because of that woman?” Hye Ri utters despite the continuous tears falling down her face.
 
                   “Hye Ri ah..”
 
Her eyes suddenly turn sharp.
 
                   “Tell me, did she seduce you like what people are saying?”
 
                   “It's not like--”
 
                   “That woman is a ! She won't stop until she's not getting what she wants!”
 
                   “Hye Ri, Let's continue talking when you get calm.” I stand and walk away.
 
Hye Ri follows and catch my arm.
 
                   “Anniyo Oppa! I won't give up on you. I'm the one who suits you not that !” she says hysterically.
 
I grab her shoulders and shake her.
 
                   “Stop it Hye Ri! It's me who still loves your sister!”
Her eyes widen. I could say that she was surprised knowing that I know her relation with Athena and my admission that I still love her.
 
                   “I'm sorry I can't be your man. I found out that my heart still belongs to her. Don't blame her and use such words on her.”
 
                   “No Oppa....I'm the one who loves you....I love you all this time...” she cries.
 
                   “I'm sorry.” 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Third Person Narration
 
 
 
 
 
                       “I saw Athena sunbae nim earlier!” A young male trainee tells his co-trainees.
 
They gather around.
 
                       “Really?! Where?!”
 
                       “You are very lucky! Sunbae nim doesn't often go here.”
 
                       “She went to the chairman's office.”
 
                       “I never saw her closely. How doe she look?”
 
                       “She's a goddess! Like her name, she defines a physical goddess.”
 
                       “Wow! I wish I'll be able to work with her once I debut.”
 
                       “Me too! I want to act as her brother...but of course it will be much better to be her leading man.”
 
                       “Wait, she's here to visit chairman, right?”
 
                       “Yes. Why?”
 
                       “Could it have something to do with the recent scandal and interview?”
 
                       “Absolutely! I hope Chairman Ahn won't scold her too much...”
 
                       “She stood not only for herself but for every artist’s rights. Reporters are being over the edge.”
 
                       “Athena sunbae nim is really daebak. I think her strong personality carried her to where she is right now”.
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the other place in the agency building...
 
 
 
 
                       “Athena sunbae is my idol. I want to be just like her.” Says a young female trainee holding a newspaper with Athena in the front page.
 
                       “What's so good about that woman? She's only a pretty face but she's a .” says the other.
 
                       “How could you talk like that? She's the most admirable and respectful person I think.”
 
                       “Are you kidding me?” She takes the newspaper from her hand. “She got her celebrity status now because of her bad publicity. She's not being respected in this industry at all!”
 
                       “She's our label mate. Our sunbae!”
 
                       “And so? She sleeps around with men to get projects. I also think she seduced the old chairman that's why he is treated like a queen in this agency.” another girl accuses.
 
They stopped with wide eyes when Athena suddenly sits next to them.
 
                       “Sounds like you are discussing about something interesting.”
 
No one could speak. Athena crosses her leg.
 
                       “Go on...continue what you were saying earlier...I want you to say it in my face.”
 
Still, nobody talk.
 
                       “What? Cat got your tongue? Bad mouthing a person behind them seems enjoyable for you...why saying it in that person's face any different? Dear...if beauty is the only thing a woman needs in order to succeed in this industry then how come you're still a nobody? Don't you think you should be doing your best with your training for debut than to waste your time spreading stupid gossips? I don't really care what you think of me...I'm just a little concern on what the future might hold for aspiring trainees like you if you keep carrying that kind of attitude. As early as now I'm warning you...know your place or else, I'll be there to put you to where you should be.....Is that clear?”
 
Everyone nods.
 
                        “Good.”
 
Athena stands up and gives them a light tap on the shoulders.
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
I shook my head. Newbies nowadays are different. Most of them think only of the fame and money that they'll acquire in choosing this profession. I feel sorry to those who really have the passion for acting or performing.
 
Since I started in this business, I had encountered lots of individuals with attitude at work. Hypocrite and selfish people who think that their above others....I hate those kind of people.
 
 
 
I was walking and see Jaejoong in a distance. I move fast and hide myself.  After a few moments, I take a peek and look at his face.
 
 
I'm still upset about that so I shouldn't risk meeting him yet. I don't want him to see through me.
 
 
I decided to walk the other way to avoid him. I must say, seeing his face....there's something inside me that feels joyful.
 
 
 
My thought was cut when I saw Hye Ri standing in front of me.
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
 
 
I’m about to enter the elevator but a glimpse of one’s back stopped me. I’m sure that it’s her so I follow where she turns.
 
 
Athena stopped and I realized that it is because of the person in front of her. 
 
 
 
 
                  “You’re so shameless.” The girl says.
 
                  “What is it this time?” Athena asks.
 
                  “I came here to warn you. Leave Min Woo oppa alone.”
 
                  “Aren’t you watching TV?”
 
The girl didn’t reply to that.
 
                  “I’m Oppa’s woman and I wouldn’t let you get near him.”
 
                  “Ah...so that’s it...but sad to say, you came to the wrong person.”
 
Athena tries to step but the girl talks again in a hostile way.
 
                  “You really don’t get satisfied, do you? You are seducing him because you can’t get over the fact that he dumped you. Do you honestly think that he’ll love such a filthy and pathetic home-wrecker like you?” 
 
Athena gave a mid-smirk. 
 
                   “You must have been confusing me with someone. Are you really referring to me or to your mother?”
 
                   “You....!”
 
                   “Whoopsy...seems you forgot...let me just help that twisted brain of yours to remember. My mom is the first and legal wife and yours was the mistress. Even though they are legally married now, you cannot erase the fact that she stole someone else’s husband and that my dear is what you call a home-wrecker.”
 
The girl gets furious and attempts to slap her but Athena hold her arm.
 
                   “Why...don’t tell me reality hurts you? Don’t try to put on an act because it doesn’t suit you at all. As for that guy you’re so crazy about...I’m not interested in him so he’s all yours. If you want, I could even send him to you on wraps and ribbons.”
 
Athena lets go of her arm. 
 
Humiliation and hatred shows in that girl’s face.
 
                   “You think I should trust you because you said you're not interested? Min Woo oppa is mine and I won't let others to take him away from me even if it's you.”
 
                   “Jjagiya...”
 
I decided to get their attention. I walk towards them and stop next to Athena. I give a light peck on her cheek and her eyes are all into me. She's astonished by what I did but I ignore it. I look at the girl in front of us.
 
                   “Aren't you going to introduce me?” I ask.
 
Athena holds my arm signalling for us to leave.
 
                   “Are we going now? Are you done talking?” I ask her which she didn't answer so I turn to the girl once more.
 
                   “We have to go but I'll introduce myself first. I'm Kim Jaejoong, Athena's boyfriend.” I offer my hand for a handshake which she receives.
 
                   “I'm Lee Hae Ri.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
 
                        “What did you just do?” I ask the moment that it's only the two of us.
 
                        “I just cleared it for you. Your sister doesn't seem to believe you so I have to do that. Also, I don't want that No Min Woo think that he still has a chance with you.”
 
                        “You heard us?”
 
                        “Unintentionally.”
 
I sigh. Now he knows about my “family”.
 
I look at his face. It's been almost a week since the last time I see him and it's been boring for me. I miss him and I confirmed it now but I still remember that BoA and I feel irritated again.
 
 
                         “Don't meddle with my personal business again. You are not my boyfriend.”
 
He smiles.
 
                         “I'm glad you're okay. I worried that the scandal depressed you. I had seen the interview....you did a good job..”
 
                         “You have scandals to worry yourself so stop minding me.”
 
                         “You mean the napkin incident? But that's over....or...Is it BoA's confession? You heard about that? Don't tell me that you're jealous?” he's smiling with his own thought of me being jealous.
 
                         “You wish...”
 
He should not find out what I truly feel about that....
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
[Next Chapter Preview]
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV:

 
 
My phone is ringing. The screen flashes an unfamiliar number yet I decided to take the call.
 
 
 
                     “Yoboseyo?”
 
                     “Hello. Is this Kim Jaejoong?” A man asks. Based on his voice I can say that he's around his 50's.
 
                     “Yes, that's me. Who's calling?”
 
                     “I'm Lee Sanghyuk, Athena's father.”
 
 
 
I'm astonished for a few seconds. This is a surprised call from an unexpected person.