Christmas Eve

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

There’s no way you’ll know me

There no way you can know anything

They say ‘If you loved someone, then you will know’

Could you become me?

Could we exchange hearts?

You will never know my heart

Wanting to protect someone for the first time

 

Love changes a lot of things, even things you think that cannot change

Even changed my little habits

In the end, I hope it will be you,

 The person that will be with me

 

You can lean on me....It must have been hard for you

You waited so long

It took too long to come back to you

This couldn’t be just by chance...

My heart recognizes you first

And tells me that I was waiting for you

It was love from long before

I will shout to the world that

I LOVE YOU

 

                                                                                             ***Reason by 4MEN***

 

[The lyrics fits.....It will be great if you can listen to this song while reading. ^-^]

 

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

I haven’t heard from him these two days...Is something wrong with him?

 

            “Ms. Go...”

            “Yes?”

            “Uhm...” I scratch my forehead a bit before continuing. “Have you heard from....”

            “From.....?” she looks at me intently making it more awkward.

I look the other way and whisper.

            “Kim....Jaejoong..”

I couldn’t see her face but I feel like she’s smiling or something.

            “Nope...he hasn’t contacted me for the past days.”

            “Ah...is that so? O...kay..”

            “Well....it won’t hurt if you’ll give him a ring....that’s if you’re really curious what he’s up to.” She adds.

I give her a half smile.

 

I look back at my phone. Why would I call him? What will I say? ‘Hey, why aren’t you calling me? I miss you so show up in front of me now!’ Heck....I roll my eyes.

Did he get tired of me? Did he realize that his efforts won’t go anywhere....? If that’s the case, what will I do?

 

In the end, my stubbornness got the best of me.

 

            “Okay...I’m fine with it...End it your way...” I mutter as if I’m talking to him.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yoochuns’ POV

 

 

            “Wow!” Park Ha’s mouth is open because of the beautiful night scenery.

I smile and touch her chin to close .

            “You are only allowed to drop your jaw when you look at me...” I joke.

            “Aishh!” she hits my arm lightly.

 

We only get to see each other in her home so for this Christmas Eve, I decided to take her in my yacht for a nice cruise.

 

            “Is this yacht yours?” she asks.

            “Hm.”

            “So that’s true....I thought it was just a gossip...” then she turns to me with suspicious eyes. “How many girls have you taken for a night sailing in this yacht?”

            “Hmm....for night sailing, you are the first...”

Her eyebrow rises.

            “So there are others girls to ride this before?!”

            “Of course! Why would you think that it’ll only be you?”

Her eyes get wide.

            “My mom is the first one. She also borrowed this once to bond with her girlfriends...” I admit.

            “Ah.....”

I laugh at her caught expression.

            “Aigoo....you were jealous!” I pinch her nose.

            “Ah!” she touches her pinched nose.

I go to the table and fill in the crystal glasses with champagne.

            “Don’t tease me again like that!” she complains.

I go back to her side and give her one glass.

            “I like teasing you because of how you react....cheers?”

She pouts a bit before doing the cheers with me. We sip a bit.

            “Ahh.....that’s refreshing!” she says and looks back to the lights coming from the buildings in a distance.

 

I take the thin blanket on the seat and cover it around her. I hug her from the back after. She turns for a bit and smile. She holds my arm while her other hand holds the champagne glass.

 

            “Maybe its intuition....some things you just don’t question...” I started singing.

            “Isn’t it the song---“

            “Shushhh.....I’m trying to be romantic here...”

 

She stops but smiles widely. I continue serenading her with ‘I Knew I Loved You’ and we sway slightly together. I’m really happy to have her in my arms like this. I kiss her in the temple after the song ends and we continue to sway together while facing the night sea.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Junsu’s POV

 

 

            “Make sure not to take a peek, okay?”

            “How will I do that? This blindfold is too dark?”

 

I assist Hae Won to the surprise that I prepared. This would be my first time to do an event for a girl because I never had the chance to do anything for my past relationships.

 

Hae Won confessed to me first before I could in which I feel regretful. The moment she dropped those words, all I could think of is ‘You are a failure, Junsu! Why didn’t you do it first?!’ so I ran back to my car and get the necklace. I didn’t carry it me and that added to my regret.

 

That night, she became my girlfriend and I feel so lucky and happy.....When I got home, I remember jumping and shouting to all corners of my home that Hae Won is finally my girlfriend....

 

And to make up for that out of timing confession, I planned this.      

 

            “Enter....be careful with the head...”

I let her sit before I close the small door. I sit next to her and the Ferris wheel starts to move up.

            “We are moving.....” she says.

I take off her blindfold.

            “Open your eyes....”

She opens her eyes.

            “SURPRISE!!!”

            “Omo! We are on a Ferris wheel!” she says in an excited tone.

            “Did you like it?” I ask.

She nods.

            “Very much!”

 

The amusement park is empty and close but I paid for a private Ferris wheel ride on this time so that it’ll only be the two of us. I want a perfect Christmas Eve date with her.

 

            “Merry Christmas.” I greet.

            “Merry Christmas too, Junsu sshi...”

I get the box in front of us and take out the small cake.

            “You even prepared a cake?” she asks.

I lit the candle.

            “Hae Won, I wish to make a lot of beautiful memory with you.”

She smiles.

            “Yes...me too...Let’s celebrate every occasion together..”

 

We blow the candle together. She scoops the cake and feed me and I did the same. She gives me bigger bite and I also did my revenge so we ended up with mouths full of cake.

 

We laugh loudly. When we reached the top part of the Ferris wheel, I put down the cake.

 

            “Oh...we stopped...” she says noticing that the Ferris wheel stopped.

            “Now, it’s time for my last surprise.”

            “You still have one?”

I nod.

            “Hm. But you have to close your eyes first.”

            “Why? You can just show it...”

She’s obviously impatient with surprises.

            “I can’t do it if your eyes are open like that....” I say shyly.

            “Why is that?”

            “Just close them....”

            “O...okay...” she closes her eyes.

I swallow hard and breathe in.

 

You are a man.....You are a man....You practiced it a lot of times in the house, didn’t you? You can do it!

 

            “Is it ready?” she asks.

            “Ah....wait a little more...”

 

I close my eyes and move near her. My lips finally made a contact with her lips. My heart beats wildly.

 

She chuckles and I open my eyes.

 

            “W-why?” I ask. Her cheeks are blushing.

            “You kissed the side of my nose...” she says making me feel embarrass. I think my face gets red too.

I scratch the back of my neck....another failure, I thought. I ruined it.

            “Let’s do a take two....” she says and closes her eyes again.

I feel like I’ll die on the spot because of my failure earlier.

            “Junsu sshi...I won’t open my eyes until you kiss me...”

 

I know how shy she feels but she’s doing this to support and encourage me. I move near her again and aim for her lips. I just close my eyes once I’m sure that it will be her lips that I’ll kiss.

 

It feels magical....our lips are pressed against each other. It’s awkward at first but little by little, everything becomes comfortable. I love every moment of this.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

 

I feel anxious walking towards the garden where I asked to meet him. I look at the paper bag in my hand. This is the scarf that mom knitted for Jaejoong. I decided to give this present to him so that I’ll have an excuse to myself for meeting him without admitting that I want to see him.

 

Jaejoong stands there in the middle of the wooden bridge, looking at the pond underneath. The dim lights coming from the posts lead me to him. He gives me a bright smile.

 

            “Did you wait long?” I ask.

            “No. I just arrived a few minutes ago.”

            “Ah.”

            “So, you sent me a message about meeting me here....is something the matter?” with his usual tone, he asks.

            “Uhm...this.” I give him the paper bag.

            “What’s this?”

            “Mom knitted it for you....she initially wanted me to give it to you as a Christmas present.”

He takes the royal blue-colored scarf out of the bag for a moment

            “Wow....Ommoni really is....I don’t know what to say..”

            “Just make a good use to it...She’ll like it if you’ll do that.” I say.

            “But....I don’t have a present for you...I came from a dinner gathering with co-workers...”

            “You don’t have too...I don’t have any present for you either. It is my mom’s.”

 

Silence reigns between us. He’s quietly looking at the water lilies in the pond. I don’t know what to say.

 

            “Is this all?” he asks after.

            “Yes...that’s all.”

            “Okay....” he nods.

His phone rings a few times but he didn’t answer it.

 

            “Uhm...I’m sorry I cannot give you a ride....I have somewhere else to go to...” he says after.

I shake my head.

            “Don’t mind, I have my car so....”

            “Alright....thank you for the scarf....” He looks at me for a few seconds. “Merry Christmas, Athena.”

I nod.

            “Sure...Merry Christmas.”

 

I turn my back and walk. He’s genuine and nice as usual but I feel hurt....he didn’t say anything to me for three days and it’ll only be like this? Does it mean it’s over?

 

I feel that he start walking too on the other direction.

 

Yeah....no one will be able to accept you after seeing all your burden and emotional baggage...You know that he’s just like any other guys but why are you hurt like this?

A tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it immediately.

Athena...Keep walking for your pride...

 

One...Two...Three more steps and my feet stops on their own. I look back and see him walking away.

 

 

            “Kim Jaejoong!” I shout his name.

He looks back.

            “You....Aren’t you going to say anything to me?” I ask.

He just look.

            “You jerk...once I go, it will all be over....I won’t be returning your calls and messages...” I declare.

Still no answer from him. I walk back and stop a few steps away from him. 

            “But...I saw you kissing No Min Woo....I felt like you still have something for him...” he says.

I shake my head.

            “Just tell me, do you want me to choose you or not?” I directly ask.

He still didn’t say anything so I gather my strength and look him in the eyes.

            “I turn back despite my head telling me to keep my pride because I want to know. I want to know if your heart still hasn’t changed. If....I’ll have a second chance to love.......So, Kim Jaejoong...here’s my proposal......I propose we give it a try and see how far we can go..” my eyes become teary but I try hard to hold it in.

He keeps looking at me and I don’t know what his emotion is because my vision is getting blurry.

            “So........What do you say?” I anxiously ask. Ten seconds but still no reply from him. My heart aches together with my pride.

            “I guess....the answer is no...” I decide to go.

           

            “Don’t you dare walk away.” He says. “I’m not allowing you to go anywhere...” he continues.

Jaejoong takes big steps towards me.

            “You really are stubborn...You always do it your way.” He says standing in front of me.

            “But you answered no...”

            “I didn’t say that....I haven’t given my answer yet..”

Our eyes meet and we stare at each other for a few moment.

            “Then your answer is....?” I utter.

            “My heart hasn’t changed a bit. I’m jealous, yes but I won’t give up because of that....like what I told you, I won’t leave your side because I love you.”

My tears finally fall.

            “I’m sorry....I made you wait this long...It must have been hard on you.” I say.

He wipes my tears with his fingers.

            “You are worth it.” He answers.

            “Do you really accept me despite everything you found out about me?”

He nods.

            “Dating me will be really tough....can you do that?”

He nods.

            “I have a temper.”

          “I know that. Actually, you are the most complicated and stubborn woman I know.....but I like them about you.”

I smile.

            “My turn....are you sure, you don’t like him anymore?”

I nod.

            “That kiss is just acting, purely acting, and nothing but acting?”

I nod.

Jaejoong gives me the dashing smile as he takes me in his arms.

            “Great. Then let me erase all the traces of his lips on yours.”

He claims my lips and kisses me. I gladly receive his kiss and respond as well.

 

God....please let this be it...I’ll stop dodging and try again. I’ll give it my all so please let me protect this love.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

[Author's Note]:

 

Yey! Christmas was over so this is quite late....(Guess, I'm a slow writer...hehe...) Anyway, please tell me your reaction on each couples's events....

 

This is my Valentine's Day present for you all, I hope you enjoy it. ^-^

 

I'll be busy this coming days so I cannot assure that I'll be able to update right away but I'll try...( just so you know) 

 

Thank you so much! Please upvote if you like the chapter....

 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to y'all!!!!   See you when I see you. ;)