Missed Hint

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
I remember a line from an English song “There can be miracles, when you believe.” 
 
 
Athena didn’t lose hope. She hang on to that faith that one day...one day, her beloved mother will wake up....and today, she received her miracle... 
 
 
I watch as Athena feeds her mother with soup. Like what the doctor advised, she did it carefully. The patient should take things slowly.  
 
 
A genuine smile and happy eyes is what can be seen from her. She cried a lot the moment she realized that her mom called her name. It was like they’re enclosed in a space where there are only the two of them but it’s just okay with me. I’m really happy that she got what she really wishes in her heart.
 
 
They aren’t speaking a word but actions and stares say it all. Things could wait but this moment of reunion between them should be cherished. 
 
 
 
                      “Ae-Y-young ah...” Her mother is still having a hard time talking. Her body is still trembling but all of it is just normal. The doctor says her body is still adjusting. After all, it’s no joke to sleep for almost eight years.
 
                      “Yes, Omma?”
 
Her mother looks my way and smile.
 
                      “Is t-that go-ood loo-king man y-your hu-sband?”
 
I’m speechless at the moment. To be her boyfriend is what I always wanted to be, but husband...I never thought about that yet but why do I feel really thrilled?
 
                      “Anni, Omma! Why would you even think of that thing?” Athena says with blushing cheeks.
 
Her mother smiles.
 
                      “K-im J-ae-joong..”
 
I bow.
 
                      “Yes, that’s me ommoni. I’m really happy to meet you.”
 
                      “Ommoni?! What makes you think you can call my mother ommoni?”
 
We just ignored her. Her mother gestures me to come nearer.
 
                      “I-n my sl-eep...I h-heard you too..Th-thank you..” 
 
                      “Don’t mention it ommoni. I’m really happy that you’re okay now.”
 
 
After hearing what her mom said, Athena decided not to speak any objection towards me.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
Park Ha’s POV
 
 
 
I give Yoochun the plate with the cake I baked. I sit to the couch next to him. 
 
 
 
                         “Is it starting?” I ask.
 
We decided to watch tonight’s broadcast of Rooftop Prince.
 
                         “Yup.” He answers. 
 
 
We watch the show. Prince Lee Gak starts to pretend to be Tae Yong while Park Ha fell into sorrow thinking that her prince already vanished into thin air and gone back to Joseon. He totally ignored her the moment they came face to face.
 
 
                          “Wha...how could he ignore her like that? So cruel....” I utter while eating a spoonful of cake.
 
                          “He has no choice or his cover would be blown up.” He answers.
 
I smile. How could this weird situation be so amusing at the same time? I’m watching Rooftop Prince with the lead actor beside me. Prince Lee Gak is here sitting with a real-life Park Ha....Funny, I thought...
 
 
Yoochun seems to be well-concentrated to the show and the cake. I tried to focus too but I just couldn’t. I think nobody can blame me for that. I’m certain that any girl will be the same or might be worse if they end up sitting next to this very handsome guy for a TV night.
 
 
I secretly sigh and try to look at the monitor again. I’ll be in trouble once he noticed me gazing at him.
 
 
 
Park Ha walks in the corridor with a sad and confused expression when suddenly, Lee Gak’s ring rolled to her feet. She pulls him into the fire exit. The two shares a hug and talk in the stairs. 
Yoochun hurriedly covers my eyes.
 
 
 
                            “What....why?!” I say.
 
                            “Aisshh....Why does it have to be that part? So embarrassing...” he utters.
 
I remove his hands from my eyes but he already turned off the TV.
 
                            “Why did you turn off the TV?” I ask.
 
                            “I feel embarrass watching my own drama...” he answers but I can say that he’s lying.
 
                            “You’ve been watching it for almost half of the entire episode and you suddenly feel embarrassed? Do you think it makes sense?” I reach out for the remote in his hand. “Give it to me....I’m watching.”
 
He hides it from my sight.
 
                             “It’s not an interesting episode...” he says.
 
                             “What?! But I’m so curious to see it!”
 
                             “I’ll tell you what happen instead...” he swallows.
 
                             “Is it a kissing scene?”
 
His eyes got wide.
 
                              “Uh-m...”
 
                              “I see....but, why? It's just a kissing scene...”
 
                              “I don't want you to see me kiss other girls...You're the only one for me...” he utters.
 
                              “I'm the only one for you? What do you mean?”
 
                              “Uh? I m-mean...I want to be a loyal idol for you...you know, fan girls don’t like their idols to kiss other girls...” and he smiles like a shy little boy.
 
I decided to give up. Anyway, I think it will be really awkward to see that scene when it's only the two of us here.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Junsu’s POV

 
 
 
                        “Is that true?!” I was so shock with what Jaejoong hyung said.
 
He nods.
 
                        “Thank God....finally, Athena sshi got reunited with her mom...that is so great...after almost eight years, she came back to her.”
 
                        “Yes. I’m really happy for her. I know that she’s more than happy because of that.”
 
                        “Then, have you seen her after that?”
 
He shook his head lightly.
 
                        “I know how busy she is. They need to catch up with each other so I’m keeping my distance for now.”
 
                        “How about her mom? What do you think?”
 
                        “Ommoni, I think is really nice.”
 
                        “Ommoni?!”
 
                        “Yeah...she told me to just call her that.”
 
                        “Daebak! I think you got the strongest back up this time. Don’t worry too much, after sometime, you can ask her mother to help you. I think she likes you.”
Jaejoong hyung smiles.
 
                        “I think so too......by the way, what are we doing here? Are you going to buy a new accessory? A gift for someone?” he asks.
 
I ask him out to come with me here in the jewellery shop. We look onto the displays but I couldn’t find the necklace I want. 
 
 
                         “May I help you, Mr. Customer?” A middle-aged male attendant approaches us.
 
                         “Yeah...Can you do a custom-made necklace?” I ask.
 
                         “Definitely, Sir..”
 
                         “I want you to make me this necklace.” I bring out my organizer book where I draw the design I want.
 
The attendant and Jaejoong hyung look at it.
 
                          “I want this to be diamond while this and the necklace chain to be white gold..” I explain pointing each part.
 
                          “Alright. This can be done within a week. Is it okay?” he asks.
 
                          “That’s fine.” I answer.
 
The attendant excused himself to process the payment.
 
                          “Is that for your ballerina?” Jaejoong hyung asks.
 
I nod.
 
                          “You like her?”
 
                          “I think I’m falling for her..” I admit.
 
He smiles and taps me on the shoulder.
 
                          “Yah...Our Junsu is in love....that’s great. It’s been quite a long time since the last time you’ve been on a relationship...”
 
I smile. Just thinking of Hae Won makes me happy. I know that we are getting closer as time pass by and I’ll just wait for the right timing to confess my feelings for her.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Park Ha's POV
 
 
 
Yoochun watches me write my fic. I feel really embarrassed to be observed by him at first but it all gone when he helped me with some scenarios by suggesting some idea. He also says how he would react on some incidents on the story. 
 
 
Suddenly everything feels very comfortable to do in his presence. I continue to write while he sits at the couch watching TV. 
 
I hear him turn it off.
 
 
 
                           “Park Ha...” he calls.
 
                           “Hm?”
 
                           “Do you...”
 
I stop typing and turn to him.
 
He looks like a bit hesitant.
 
                           “What is it? Spill it out...”
 
                           “Do you....have a boyfriend now?”
 
I was a bit surprised with that sudden question but decided to answer casually.
 
                           “No, I'm not on a relationship now. How about you, are you dating somebody now?”
 
I secretly tap my lips. I said that on an instinct. He asks me such question so naturally I'll ask back...I shouldn't have ask that kind of thing...
 
                            “I mean...you don't have to answer if you--”
 
                            “I have a girl in mind.” he cuts what I'm saying with his straight forward answer.
 
I just look at him.
 
                            “She's not yet my girlfriend but I'm hoping that she'll be....one of these days..”
 
                            “Ah....is that so?.....I hope you won't mind if I ask...what kind of person she is...”
 
My heart unconsciously beats hard because of nervousness. He already has someone he likes...
 
                             “Well, she's a beautiful and smart girl. I feel great whenever I'm with her. Like, she's my stress reliever...no matter how tired I am, the thought of her is enough to cheer me up. I really like her.” he says with a smile on his face.
 
Strange...I feel like my heart is being crumpled right now. Is it natural for a fan like me to feel this way knowing my idol already has somebody? If it is like that, then why is it this painful?
 
I breathe deeply and force a smile.
 
 
                                “Really? Wow...she sounds like a wonderful woman...I mean, she really is perfect because you fell for her.”
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Yoochun's POV
 
 
I wear my bonnet and face mask.
 
 
 
                                   “There's nobody in the elevator. You can use it freely.” Park Ha says after she went out and checked.
 
                                   “Okay, I'll go now.”
 
I grab her hand for a moment. She was surprised and stares at me.
 
                                   “Thank you.” I say.
 
She blinks then nods.
 
                                   “O-okay....take care...” she says.
 
                                   “Good night!”
 
                                   “Good night.”
 
 
I wave at her and go out of the door.  I took the elevator and headed to the rented car I parked at the back of the apartment building.
 
 
 
Today, I gave her a hint of what I truly feel about her. I thought, she'll get it right away since she's a writer but turns out that she doesn't have a clue at all that she's the girl I talked about.
 
 
I sigh and insert the key to the ignition.
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Park Ha's POV
 
 
 
 
I lay in my bed with only one thing in my head. 
 
 
 
I'm sure that whoever that woman is....she'll date Yoochun once he confess to her. When that happens, he'll stop coming here. I won't be hanging out with him. I got used to it and it's sad to think that there is that day that I won't be seeing him just like this. 
 
 
 
My cheeks got wet and I wipe the liquid from my face. What's this?
 
 
 
Am I crying?
 
 
 
This is absolutely not just a fan's disappointment....I'm hurting for real...
 
 
 
 
Did my heart cross the boundary that my mind set from the start? 
 
 
 
Am I really in love with Yoochun?
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
[Author's Note]:
 
 
 
Happy Reading and don't forget your comments ^-^