Theory

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Hae Won’s POV

 

 

He just left....without saying anything to me...

 

I remain standing on the same spot. I couldn’t believe that I got rejected again.

 

This isn’t United States...men here are somewhat conservative and maybe they are not used to be the one being confessed to by a girl....I bet Junsu sshi was shocked.

 

I bit my lips and grip the side of my dress tightly, trying to hold back the tears forming in my eyes. The first rejection with Heejun Oppa is painful because I loved him for such a long time. I was hurt but found out that moving on came easier for me because of Junsu sshi..

 

Now that my feelings for him got rejected too, my heart aches twice. How will I face him tomorrow?

 

I want to walk and go back home but my feet are not listening to me. I look down feeling like a loser.

 

            Ottokajji?

 

            “Hae Won sshi....”

 

I look up automatically. Junsu sshi is back. He’s panting a bit.

 

            “Junsu sshi...”

            “I’m sorry...”

Does he even have to tell me directly? I don’t want to hear it....

            “I’m sorry I was too slow...I’m sorry I let you do it yourself...”

Huh?

            “The truth is, that day in that restaurant, I already got attracted by you. You don’t know how much happiness you give me. I want to be with you. Please, be my girl.”

 

My eyes become wide this time.

 

            “Junsu....”

 

He shows me a necklace. It has a pointe shoe pendant with some diamonds in it. I look back to him.

 

            “I know my confession ....I’m not good with the confession thing but at the end of all that, there’s only one word to tell you what I feel for you. In Hae Won, Saranghae...” His eyes are full of emotions. He’s getting teary too.

 

I smile and nod making him smile too. He puts on the necklace around my neck. This is the symbol of his love for me...the confessions might came rush and out of the blue but the feelings are genuine and the first snowfall makes it romantic.

 

            “So, when you left earlier, it doesn’t mean you rejected me?”

            “No! Why would I do such thing? I run back to my car to get the necklace..I’m the man so I should be the one doing it..”

 

I chuckle because he’s so cute. He smiles too.

 

He cups my face with his warm hands and he comes nearer. I close my eyes and feel his lips in my forehead...My heart beats fast again...He gave me my very first kiss..

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Gyuri’s POV

 

 

            “Ahhhh!!!!!!!”  The girls on the side scream very loud.

 

I am really surprised how fans react to Athena and Min Woo.  Athena ignores it and goes directly to get some water while Min Woo sits in his chair beside me.

 

            “Is it for real?” I ask him.

            “What?” he asks back.

 

I’ve been hearing some news around that some fans started shipping these two. They created some fan cafe dedicated to Athena and Min Woo.

 

            “Fans really root for the two of you to get back?”

He smiles.

            “Weird isn’t it? I mean after how she slams the rumor...people suddenly think that we have something between us and that we should get back together.”

            “Yeah...weird...but you like the idea anyway.”

            “Of course. It gives me more encouragement. I just have to work hard so that she’ll consider giving it another try with me.”

 

Some stolen shots of the two are now making a buzz on the net. Speculations spreads that “rekindling” is indeed in the process.

 

            “I think it’s a bit harsh...you know, Athena’s mom just died. She’s still grieving but for people it seems like it didn’t happen and they are now focusing on creating a love line.” I utter looking to Athena who’s talking to the director.

 

Maybe because the public is used to the idea of Athena’s scandals...Usually it is the most talked issues but after a few days it’s gone like people forgot about it and start moving on until a new issue comes. Athena’s scandals are the hottest but easily die after and it’s all because it's her. The public hate and love her at the same time...enough to ridicule and forgive her instantly.

 

Athena is Athena and she embodies a strong woman. She made her mom’s funeral entirely private and shown up to the filming days after that. I think people believe that she’s a rock-strong person and so they are staring to move on with that and do this love-matching thing. Only if they saw how miserable she is during the funeral.....

 

            “Well that’s how people think of public figures....like we are robots...should be no flaws...no weakness..” he says.

            “So, what will you do now? She’s not responding to you at all...”

            “Yeah, so I decided to make a move on the other side instead...”

My eyebrow furrows and I turn to him.

            “What do you mean?” I ask.

            “Athena is not giving in and it’s because of that Jaejoong....”

            “So?”

            “I’ll work on it...I have to make that person move away.”

            “What are you thinking right now?”

            “Let’s say, I’ll play with his mind... I’m just going to put my theory on a test...If it’s effective, then I’ll go with it.”

            “If you are planning something bad, I’m warning you not to do it. Min Woo ah, think about Athena..”

            “I will not hurt her...I’m only going to do this to push that Jaejoong to the sidetrack..”

 

I sigh. I know in my heart that Athena and I won’t go back to how we used to be but I still care for her because once upon a time we were best friends. I don’t want Athena to get hurt anymore because she already went through more than enough....

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

After browsing for a few minutes, a shirt finally got my interest. I take it from the rack but a hand grabs it at the same time.

 

            “Looks like we really do have the same taste after all....” No Min Woo comments.

I ignore him and ask the sales lady.

            “Excuse me, I would like to get this.”

She stares at the two of us with a confused expression.

            “I’m sorry but it’s the last one....who will get it?”

No Min Woo immediately snatches it from my grip.

            “I will.” He says while handing over the shirt to her.

The woman left with the shirt.

 

            “That’s childish.” I utter.

            “It’s what you called grabbing tightly to what’s yours. If I know that something belongs to me, I won’t let anybody take it.” He says.

I know that it’s not about the shirt....Its Athena.

            “Athena doesn’t belong to anyone. She’s not a thing that you can own.”

            “Stop playing the nice guy....People like you are the exact reason why I have to hold on to her more. She must be protected from players like you.”

            “Whoa...wrongdoers accuse others first...” I say and look back at him. “I don’t know what really happened between you years ago but I’m sure, you messed up...big time. Her heart won’t open for you again.”

 

Comically, his right eyebrow rises slightly showing that he’s not bothered by what I said.

 

            “Do you think so? I guess you’re wrong....Can’t you see how people favoured us getting back?”

He’s starting to irritate me. I smirk at him.

            “I think you are confusing showbiz with reality, brother...”

He seems to be irritated too.

 

            “Showbiz could also twist reality you know? With me, we could date publicly and we will be accepted...How about you, do you think you’ll have the guts to do it publicly?” he continue to push me.

            “That’s my business not yours...”

I turn my back at him.

            “By the way....maybe you’d want to come and watch the filming tomorrow....if it’s really over for Athena and I....See it for yourself and decide.”        

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

I’m sitting alone in my dressing room looking blankly at the mirror and holding the script in my hand. The thing that I keep putting at the back of my head in this project finally arrived. I tried to delay this as much as I can but since almost nothing left to film, I guess I can no longer avoid it.

 

How the heck would I bring myself to kiss that person?! Seeing him is already a pain in the what more is this? What to do?

 

            “Athena sshi....it’s time for the next scene.” The assistant director calls me.

            “Ah, yes...I’ll be right next to you.”

I stand and close my eyes for a moment.

            “This is just work....just think that you’re kissing a ferret instead.” I tell myself. I smile secretly with the thought that I would prefer kissing a ferret than that guy.

I breathe deeply before going out.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

            “What a way to finish the movie....We’ll have the kiss at the last day...That would make it more memorable, don’t you think?” No Min Woo utter making sure that only us could hear.

He’s really thick-skinned...I want to smash his face right now.

            “Yeah...I can’t help it...I’ll get millions just to kiss a moron like you.”

His expression becomes dark.

            “So, you’ll kiss me only for the money?”

The nerve! Is he expecting something more than that?

            “You got it right. I won’t do it if not for that. I’d rather kiss a toothless man for free than you.”

            “You are just saying that. Maybe you are just afraid of what I’ll confirm with the kiss.”

            “And what is that?”

            “That you still love me....That I’m still in your heart.” He confidently says.

God! Is he high on drugs or something? What a delusional freak!

            “Ohhh....let me tell you something...you can’t prove anything with that stupid theory of yours because, I don’t have a heart anymore.”

Director Choi approaches us.

            “I need a passionate and realistic kiss. It is the scene where your characters finally realize how much they love each other. No Min Woo will initiate the kiss while Athena, you will respond to it.”

I nod.

            “Okay, Athena, Min Woo on my cue alright?” Director Choi says.

I have to do well and make it in one shot.

            “Action!”

I switch into a character mode like I usually do.

            “W-why are you here?” I start saying my dialogue.

            “Because my heart tells me to..”

            “S-top playing around....I’m busy as you can see...How about Chloe?”

            “I broke up with her...She and I are not the same anymore. I fell in love with another woman...”

            “You broke up?”

The lines are reaching the end....Secretly, I swallow hard. What to do? What to do? I camouflage my panic.

            “What can I do? I think I prefer a loud and temperamental woman now...” he comes closer.

I smile like I should according to the script. Here it is....help....I’m going to die for a few minutes!

He puts his arm around me and lowers his face. I close my eyes.

Jaejoong! His face flashes in my mind. I receive his kiss thinking that it is Jaejoong who’s kissing me. I didn’t dare open my eyes and only think of him. It’s him I’m kissing right now....my mind says. Suddenly, it feels easy....it’s easier to respond. I remember how he kisses me and how he always makes me speechless and breathless.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I know I shouldn’t be doing this...I initially plan not to do anything because I know that he’s just doing that because he’s desperate to annoy me.

 

For unknown reason what he said about coming and judging it for myself kept bothering me so I end up coming to the set. I walk around but everybody seems to be busy filming that they didn’t notice me. I continue walking ‘till I see a good spot to watch the scene they’re shooting. I see Athena and No Min Woo. He holds her waist and she closes her eyes. Their lips touch against each other. I try to look away but my eyes go back to them automatically.

 

I can say that his kiss is for real but something pinches my heart seeing Athena. I know it’s just work but the way she kisses him back makes me doubtful if it’s purely acting. It looks like she’s loving it....like she’s kissing somebody she loves..

 

 

“Maybe Athena never had a serious relationship after him because all these time, she’s still longing for No Min Woo...”

“If it’s really over for Athena and I....See it for yourself and decide.”

 

Seeing this quenches my heart. I can no longer take seeing more so I walk away quietly.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Athena’s POV

 

            “And...cut!”

I move away the moment I hear it.

            “That’s so sweet....” No Min Woo smiles. He seems pleased with it.

Huh! I look around....no one seems to pay attention.       

            “That’s what you called acting....” I whisper sarcastically before I kick him hard in the leg. “And that is reality...Jerk!”

            “Ah!” he doesn’t know how to attend to his pained leg. I’m sure it really hurts because I’m wearing a thick and hard boots.

I walk away. Finally it’s over.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

The vision of Athena kissing her ex that way is plastered in my mind. Is it really over between them or not? She hates him more than anything but how will she hate him that much if she didn’t love him deeply? How will I be sure that she’s just acting for I’ve seen it clearly with my eyes how passionate the kiss they shared?

 

Did I see it wrong? Did I just assumed that she could love me too when her heart still belongs to No Min Woo?

 

I’m jealous and hurt.

 

I continue to drink the soju in my glass.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Junsu’s POV

 

 

            “Is something wrong, hyung?” Yoochun hyung asks Jaejoong hyung.

We are together in a restaurant so we called Jaejoong hyung but it seems like there’s something so we went here in his house right away.

            “Ah....there you are! Yoochun ah...Junsu ah, come...drink with hyung!”he says smiling.

Yoochun hyung and I exchanged stares. Confirmed....there is a problem.

            “What happened hyung?” I ask.

He fills two small glasses with soju and move towards us.

            “Athena?” Yoochun hyung asks.

He didn’t reply but we know it’s about her.

            “Did you fight?”

            “I wish it’s just like that....it might not be as painful as this..” He utters.         

We quietly observe.

            “I came to their set earlier...there I saw her doing a kissing scene with her ex.”

            “B-but that’s just a kissing scene? It’s not real hyung!” I say.

He smiles bitterly.

            “That’s what I tell myself too...but it’s different...She kisses her like it’s real...like she still feels something for him...”

 

I can’t even open my mouth. Even Yoochun hyung cannot pull out a joke this moment. Seeing Jaejoong hyung this sad, I feel guilty being so happy because Hae Won and I started going out.

 

            “Have you talked to her?” Yoochun hyung asks.

He shakes his head.

            “It might be just a misunderstanding....Athena sshi is professional....I’m sure she won’t let such thing shows if it’s not just acting....”I comment but it doesn’t seem to appease him.

            “She's like this goal I have...that I want to reach so bad...But the thought of actually getting her, scares me so much that sometimes, I think that I should stop trying.” He says before drinking some more.

            “So, are you saying that you’ll give up pursuing her?” asks Yoochun hyung.

            “I don’t know....I don’t know....I’m not sure....Can’t think well now...”

 

He’s obviously on a crossroad this moment. His mind says that he should just stop and accept that it will just be like this but his heart wants to continue. But knowing Jaejoong hyung, I think he’ll end up walking his heart’s path because Athena for her is like an addiction that he doesn’t want to be cured with.  

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

[Author's Note]:

 

Thank you everyone for the support and response I got from you....^-^

As for the story, tell me your reactions.....Happy reading!